Notices

Old 2010-05-14, 11:22   Link #4961
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin329 View Post
Haha you actually remember me? XD

And yea, I haven't been posting of late coz I don't think I have any significant contributions to make lol.

Well it turns out when I thought I had something going, it wasn't exactly news ):

Although TDS on the Gundams does sound quite appealing I guess it's not exactly viable. I mean, just configuring TDS for 00 Raiser gave CB enough trouble, let alone calibrating TDS for 4 Gundams, with new drives? Would be a big pain in the gluteus maximus lol.

Btw, is Descartes' suit TDS? GN Drive Tau yea?
I don't know you that well, but I do recognize you. I've been here for awhile so I know who posts here and how often.

Don't sweat about "contributing" or not. I just come here to rant anyways. It's about discussing, learning and sharing about the series in general. Oh and don't forget speculations, prefably reasonable but also the occasional wild crazy one. And the occasional heated debate that hopefully doesn't get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
Its not known if his MA is TDS but if the fed did have TDS and were to give it to anyone then i guess it would be Descartes. Since it will take a true innovator to fully utilize the twin drive system. I would be interested to know (if the fed did have TDS) how they acquired the data to build it. Did they reverse engineer the reborns gundam which was abandoned in space or did they acquire the data from veda?.

Maybe they made use of billys expertise who may of had a hand in building the reborns gundam TDS.
Well we're getting ahead of ourselves with the TDS speculation here but if I were to take a guess on which f the current mobile weapons would have a TDS, it'll be Graham's GN Flag rather than Descartes' MA, since he happens to be the guinea pig for just about anything, as well as some visual hints here and there. Although I will say it's far from any confirmation of the fact.

Of they do have it though, I have a feeling that it's because of Veda than anything else. While we've confirmed that they've found units such as Ragnant, Empruss and the GRM Gundam, ironically we have not heard them salvaged the Reborns yet. If I was CB, I would probably have salvaged that first since we know they needed to recover some of their own units in the process such ad Seraphim, Exia, Cherudim and Arios. The latter 3 was done on screen I think in the SEIII if Im not mistaken, even if I didn't watch it for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
That would be another mystery if they did. Seeing as we still don't know how Ribbons made a TDS from Tau Drives.
I don't see why it needs an explanation, it always made sense to me.

Quote:
Yeah, that explains how it they got it, not how it works. I wanna know two taus become a TDS. I don't believe we've had that part explained to us yet.
Put it this way. The Twin Drive System is a specific engine system that synchronizes two member Drives to produce a total output that is exponantially higher. It uses a certain theory in order to achieve this, which is unspecified as far as details go.

For the Tau Drives........it just works the same way. It may not be as powerful but the output is exponantially higher nonetheless.Itusesthesametheory
Andengine system just with Tau Drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post
Ian & co were able to make TDS because they got the blueprint unlocked together with TransAm. That's why Ribbons had no knowledge of TDS. But it's implied later he got the data from Anew (Feldt mentioned some data are taken from Ptolemy when Anew defected).
Not implied, directly stated. Specifically mentioned in Reborns Web Profile that the data came from Anew.
Old 2010-05-15, 04:42   Link #4962
furato
Chronic Googler

Ah, I mean to say implied in the anime. If we're considering side information, then yes, it's explicit.
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 04:47   Link #4963
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

She also handed over data on trans am right? Or did the innovators get trans am tech from billy. That was kind of unclear to me.
Old 2010-05-15, 05:05   Link #4964
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So what do you guys think Billy's role is gonna be in the movie? At the end of season 2, his hatred fo CB/Kujo seemed to pretty disappear. Do you think he's working with CB and giving them ESF info from the inside?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 06:56   Link #4965
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
She also handed over data on trans am right? Or did the innovators get trans am tech from billy. That was kind of unclear to me.
Both.

Billy and the Innovators both developed their Trans Am seperately(Susanowo Web Profile). Billy developed hid by taking GN Particle observation notes of Prof Eifman and developed an imperfect system from there. This system was equiped on the Masurao.

The Innovators got theirs by the data Anew stole which was mentioned on HG Hilling Garazzo.

Later on according to an unidentofoed image source (that furato found and then mike translated), Billy volounteered to help the Innovators in their developement (Gaga I guess). He did this because he wanted access to the original Trans Am data that the Innovators possess. It is hinted that this was eventually placed onto Masurao V2 and Susanowo. Remember the scene where Billu said that the secret was now perfect? I believe the SEIII even had an added line regarding Ribbons in that scene and how Graham wasn't happy when Billy brought out his name.

Quote:
So what do you guys think Billy's role is gonna be in the movie? At the end of season 2, his hatred fo CB/Kujo seemed to pretty disappear. Do you think he's working with CB and giving them ESF info from the inside?
I don't think his going to be with CB per say. That makes it sound like he works for CB directly which I don't think he would do.

I do think that he may form a secret help alliance or something especially againts any bad elements of the Federation whenever it needs to be done. Even if he isn't as hostile to CB as before, it doesn't necessarily mean that he'll join them directly. He still feels bad about his involvement with CB deep down mentioned in the 00V GRM Gundam chapter. He did cheer up when he talked to Robert Spacey though who also had some involvement with CB and they go on talking about MS.

But he did suggest to Klaus that the Federation should gather the high QBW factor in an isolated facility on the trailer afterall. This is probably all we have about his possible role.
Old 2010-05-15, 06:58   Link #4966
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

I expect billy to do what he has always done and thats being incharge of mobile suit development. In the trailer he is shown to be with the nena look alike, Perhaps this nena lookalike is also apart of the mobile suit development team or she is a expert on innovation and will help billy develope mobile suits for innovators.
Old 2010-05-15, 08:03   Link #4967
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Wow, Billy was the one suggesting the QWB Institution? Huh, I didn't know that.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 11:16   Link #4968
GundamFan

Quote:
He will be working for the ESF directly while the ESF may view CB as threat Billy is almost assuredly going to be viewed as being more useful to them in terms of MS/MA development then as a spie. Especialy since the ESF have veda now and how well he has done at developing GN technology such as the trans-am from just some notes and converting Flags into GN units.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 11:37   Link #4969
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinzz View Post
^^^^ i was actually going to comment on that.. i think that's how raphaels "second" form comes to be.. if you look at other pictures it looks like it would flip over and connect.. and those big gun things will act as legs, while the long cannon things on the back of Raphael will be its arms.. kind of like seraphim.

EDIT: added what i think the back pack would look like when off Raphael
sorry for the bad drawing.. just wanted to do a quick draw (not that i am any good at drawing anyways)

so i guess HUGE legs + long arms = all around firepower beam spam 0.0
I think it's going to be a Gaga since the entire MS is using the Innovator tech
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 11:51   Link #4970
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:
They get it from Billy, I think. He was shown working with Gaga drive-changer. Though I don't think it's explicitly stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Later on according to an unidentofoed image source (that furato found and then mike translated), Billy volounteered to help the Innovators in their developement (Gaga I guess). He did this because he wanted access to the original Trans Am data that the Innovators possess. It is hinted that this was eventually placed onto Masurao V2 and Susanowo. Remember the scene where Billu said that the secret was now perfect? I believe the SEIII even had an added line regarding Ribbons in that scene and how Graham wasn't happy when Billy brought out his name.
...and I don't even remember finding it XD Maybe I do, I find a lot of things.
And I need to rewatch the SEs sometimes because I don't remember that scene too.
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 14:30   Link #4971
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Wow, Billy was the one suggesting the QWB Institution? Huh, I didn't know that.
If I'm not mistaken yes, he was the one who said that. More specifically he suggested gathering the high QBW individuals in an isolated facility.

Quote:
They get it from Billy, I think. He was shown working with Gaga drive-changer. Though I don't think it's explicitly stated.
If we're talking about within the anime only, then its not explicitly stated.

If we're talking about everything, the HG Hilling Garazzo manual mentions that the Innovators got it from Anew's provided data.

Quote:
And I need to rewatch the SEs sometimes because I don't remember that scene too.
Its a random scan of a partial page from a sourcebook. I requested a translation from mike, and she obliged. I tried tracing back the source, but Homeless cannot identify it from the page alone because its not a full page. She's says she's seen it before, but she cannot directly recall the name of the specific sourcebook. Whoever scanned it was purely scanning for the specific text.
Old 2010-05-15, 22:09   Link #4972
bio9205
Reborn

Have you guys considered the possibility that 1) there is no second Gundam to Raphael, however unlikely, and 2) if this second Gundam exists, could it be within the Raphael, kind of like Virtue and Nadleeh? I mean, for those with model kits, just compare any of the GNZ suits with Seraphim or Nadleeh. You can definitely fit one in there. And Raphael's head looks suspicious - its face really resembles how Virtue's hides Nadleeh's. Maybe the backpack transforms to some support unit for the second Gundam, like Virtue's cannons for Nadleeh? If I'm not wrong CB couldn't do the whole Nadleeh-within-Virtue thing because they lacked Veda's technology. Now that they have Veda, is it possible?

Just my take on this.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 23:36   Link #4973
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Actually, they didn't do the Nadleeh-within-Virtue for the Seravee/Seraphim because the latter system simply works better and is more efficient (attaching a retrievable second MS instead of attaching disposable armor to it), and as seen CB was able to create Gundams more advanced than the 3rd Gen even without Veda's help, ex. 00 Raiser and Twin Drive System.

And of course, the proportions of the base Raphael makes it having a Gundam inside it highly unlikely - a mobile suit inside Raphael at that size would need to be incredibly slender more so than a Flag, which is impractical from both an in-story and model kit standpoint. And the Raphael is said to reuse components from the Seravee for its construction, which is made evident by what appears to be Seravee carryover parts on the Raphael backpack. Also, all the images of the HG Raphael do hint at the backpack being the gimmick, and not the Raphael itself.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 01:38   Link #4974
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Have you guys considered the possibility that 1) there is no second Gundam to Raphael, however unlikely, and 2) if this second Gundam exists, could it be within the Raphael, kind of like Virtue and Nadleeh? I mean, for those with model kits, just compare any of the GNZ suits with Seraphim or Nadleeh. You can definitely fit one in there. And Raphael's head looks suspicious - its face really resembles how Virtue's hides Nadleeh's. Maybe the backpack transforms to some support unit for the second Gundam, like Virtue's cannons for Nadleeh? If I'm not wrong CB couldn't do the whole Nadleeh-within-Virtue thing because they lacked Veda's technology. Now that they have Veda, is it possible?

Just my take on this.
Anyways, Im probably gonna say something similar to Lowegear. It wasn't directly stated why the Nadleeh purging isn't repeated although it's definitely not because of the lack of Veda since they retain all of their technological data.

But the Seraphim system is better. Not only because they are possibly wasting the armor parts due to it being a battlefield, but they have to retrieve all those parts later which is hard work. Not to mention with the Seraphim you can use both forms at one time, and if needed they can revert to their previous form during the same battle since they aren't expelling anything.

Also, the Seraphim System should actually be more complex and harder to implement. Because it actually involves designing an MS that can transform into a smaller backpack and have it revertable on battle and it must work flawlessly too. Designing such a thing would be much more difficultt than implementing an external armor that is simply purged.

Anything is possie but Raphael looks to thin to be purging anything. If you look at Virtue, you can see that it's incredibly bulky and heavy. Raphael on the other hand is generally thinner than even the Seravee.

Quote:
Here's the info regarding the image in the previous discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato
And a scan about TransAm research. Source unknown. Dunno if there's anything new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6
The installation of the Transam function

The trump card of the Gundams with original GN Drives is the Transam. That was until with considerable effort, it came to the hands of the enemy. Ribbons completed a system [1] together with the twin drive information obtained from CB. Also, Union technological adviser Billy Katagiri completed a unique Transam System using hints from the research that Prof. Eifman left behind. By the way, after the final battle, the reason Billy finished the Gaga's system was for figuring out the original Transam System. [2]

NOTES:
[1] I suppose this means, “completed a system for Reborns”. This sentence also makes it sound like it was Ribbons who completed that system, not Billy.
[2] This line is most likely the reason that this text was photographed. It makes it sound like Billy has cracked the original Trans-am.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-05-16 at 02:03.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 08:16   Link #4975
bio9205
Reborn

Well, just my opinion. Guess what you guys say makes sense.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 08:48   Link #4976
Har0

Here is what I expect in the movie.

Setsuna is going to die.
The first half of the movie will be just showing everyone's normal lives.
One of the crew members will die.
Graham will be killed by Setsuna.
Tieria will get a body, but only right before the climax.
A good guy is going to turn out to be a bad guy.
Ribbons is going to come back and either die very quickly, become the villain again, or be a good guy( and they'll expect you to like him)
Marie is going to be important.
Hallelujah will be making alot of appearances.
Fanservice.
Saji will be in it alot, but not to do anything important.
Har0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 09:11   Link #4977
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I find the Graham killed by Setsuna part unlikely since their hinted to be fighting on the same side. Also Tiera already has a physical body when he meets CB for the first time.
Old 2010-05-16, 09:15   Link #4978
Har0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I find the Graham killed by Setsuna part unlikely since they be on the same side.
However one one of the trailers, it sounds like it's possible.
Graham: I couldnt bear it any longer, BOY!

Sounds like he could be faking it, but hopefully. not.
I hope they're on the same side.
Old 2010-05-16, 11:07   Link #4979
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Well, what graham was saying could of mean't anything as far as we know, perhaps he couldn't bear the path his has taken with his obsessiveness. Or maybe he couldn't bear the way the federation are going about this whole thing by forcing the innovators into QBW isolation. So there are a number of possibilities to why graham said those words
Old 2010-05-16, 11:11   Link #4980
Har0

Quote:
Well, what graham was saying could of mean't anything as far as we know, perhaps he couldn't bear the path his has taken with his obsessiveness. Or maybe he couldn't bear the way the federation are going about this whole thing by forcing the innovators into QBW isolation. So there are a number of possibilities to why graham said those words
I guess you're right. I just assumed because of him saying "boy". Oh well, won't know for sure until it comes out.

Tags
gundam 00 movie