AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

Old 2007-04-18, 22:07   Link #481
TigerII
Pilot in Training

You know. Come to think of it your right. The childhood friend never wins unless there was a previous promise. then it IS always the first one the character notices.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 00:38   Link #482
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojikyo View Post
You are forgetting the rule of anime. Childhood friends and/or females that are already interested in the male lead never end up together unless a promise is involved.
True, and it's never wise to defy the anime gods.

I still don't see how it can end well for Matsuri+Yorito. So far, no one has mentioned an ancient local legend that is necessary to lift the curse.

(hrmm... if Matsuri is hundreds of years old, how old is Mayuko? and is she still loli then?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
From the same site as ref. 1, Yaksha are called "demons who fly by night".
Interesting, because I just looked at the manga, and
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
That's the thing. Takeshi did not tell Mayuko that they are after Matsuri....
So I still strongly believe that Mayuko knows Matsuri personally, and that is the reason why Takeshi does not want her to know who he is hunting.
Yeah, I see how that could be. I'll still stick with my theory that Mayuko doesn't intend to have Matsuri killed.

Quote:
Oooo, didn't quite see it that way. What does this forebode for Ep03's preview then? Aono's lesson on Origami? I will note that Aono smiled at Koyuri in Ep02. So she is not all that robotic.
That would be neat. Or Koyori playing a card game. Of course, we knew Aono had a sense of humour when she told Koyori "It's a secret" about her origami.

I have been inspired to create avatars. (Maybe not "good" avatars, but avatars nonetheless.)
Telliamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 00:47   Link #483
LCeh

I am really liking this series after the first 2 episodes. The mood has been handled really well, the sound effects, BGM, are all used very effectively. The pacing is especially of my taste, I don't mind shows that have a breakneck pace, but having slow episodes like this second episode really helps to build things up for later episodes.

The one thing I am worried about is the ending, but then, I guess I can't really be worried about that.

Does anyone think the art reminds them of Gift~ Eternal Rainbow, a bit?
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 04:46   Link #484
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
True, and it's never wise to defy the anime gods.

I still don't see how it can end well for Matsuri+Yorito. So far, no one has mentioned an ancient local legend that is necessary to lift the curse.
Well... i also think that chances for a happy end are quite microscopic... but that does mean it will stop them from trying, no ?
Old 2007-04-19, 05:32   Link #485
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Episodes 1 and 2 were quite greedy of avatar material, but.. just a little bit of Matsuri goodness
Would it be possible to use this one Pellissier? It's a wonderful avatar.
Old 2007-04-19, 06:01   Link #486
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankoku View Post
Would it be possible to use this one Pellissier? It's a wonderful avatar.
Sure ^^ , and in case you'd like a variation on the timings (more/less time with open eyes, more/less time with closed eyes) just tell me and I'll change
Old 2007-04-19, 06:59   Link #487
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Meh, not doing animated avatars and the like yet (still got exams tomorrow), a quick 5-minute job for the avatar (looks fine to me).
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 07:06   Link #488
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Heh, like I said waaaay back. This reaks of tragedy. I even believe the author foreshadowed the end already.
Old 2007-04-19, 07:11   Link #489
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Even if it will end with a BAD END plastered over the conclusion, we would like as much as the next person to know how it comes to that.

It's never easy.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 15:20   Link #490
New/Old
Old to the New

Hmm-hmm. Well then, it shall come when it shall, eh. Til then. Enjoy and muse. I think that is what I can do.
Old 2007-04-19, 15:37   Link #491
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Heh, like I said waaaay back. This reaks of tragedy. I even believe the author foreshadowed the end already.
I believe the author being the author foreshadow's it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 15:40   Link #492
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Nothing wrong with a tragic ending of a story, though it'd be nice if there were a happy time before that.
Old 2007-04-19, 15:51   Link #493
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

As much as i agree with that, i would really like to see a happy conclusion for once for a story of this type. Sure...perhaps it makes the work more memorable if it is an epic tearjerker, but meh... it is the easiest way to take. I would like some creative way that allows for this not to end in a tragedy
Old 2007-04-19, 15:59   Link #494
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Personally.... setting the whole thing up as if it were going to be a tearjerker and then be able to pull a win-happy out of it would *really* make my day.

The world *does* have a few happy 'endings' after all.
Old 2007-04-19, 16:55   Link #495
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
As much as i agree with that, i would really like to see a happy conclusion for once for a story of this type. Sure...perhaps it makes the work more memorable if it is an epic tearjerker, but meh... it is the easiest way to take. I would like some creative way that allows for this not to end in a tragedy
looks like a lot of tragic series has taken its toll on ya
well it would be nice to see this series end on a happy note but it can easily go either way and still remain epic imo ~ its great for me that i can see myself liking this series quite a bit which ever way it goes only if its done well

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 17:34   Link #496
TigerII
Pilot in Training

O I hate tragics. I wish all stories could be happy. But when I say this, someone will say that happy endings don't happen in the real world. Neither do mechs, vampires, magical girls, cat girls, green hair, monsters, magic swordsman, and almost every other wild thing you see in anime, why can't there be a happy ending. Yet we still get sad ones.

I would love it if you guys were right and it turns happy.

If it is tragic I think it is gonna go something like this(My fast hyper version)

Blah, blah a good deal of the series is them falling in love. Then a little later, his sister or friend dies as a result of something to do with Matsuri. She says that she understand why he hates her, but after much soul searching he says he still loves her. Then more unknown stuff happens and Matsuri gets fatally wounded by sword man. Weak in Yorito's she says she wants to see the sunrise once before she dies. So he takes her to the spot where they met and they look out over the cove. Either she just stares or they kiss as it rises and she disintegrates in his hands.

But if this somehow turns happy, touché.
Old 2007-04-19, 17:54   Link #497
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

...i still think Matsuri is going to save Aono (I quite can't pinpoint the role she is going to play, but i assume a rather large one) at the cost of her own life, one way or another. After getting her wish of seeing the blue sky granted.

...perhaps she doesn't die out right, but lets say she ends up using her "magic" or whatever the writers can cook up in order to save Aono, which would leave her with...lets say... a few days (or hours) to live... which is when she would get to see the Sky, since she wouldn't have any reason to hold back anymore, if she is going to die anyway soon.

Of course Yorito would be there with her, considering he promised to show her the sky one day.

...trough the series, i also expect Aono to be the one to voice the strongest objections towards Matsuri x Yorito. She seems rather demanding of her brother, and, most likely, wouldn't want some one to "take him away"... i usually like the quiet type by default, but Aono definitely seems to have what it takes to make me dislike her.

I still can't figure out exactly what role the hunter and rozen-loli is going to play, but i assume they won't have much impact on the present... i think they are rather tied to Matsuri's past, and trough them we will learn about her past and what "misfortune" she might bring ... more or less. A sort of plot device (and i use the term loosely) if you will.

Don't think Mana will have any major role outside of scolding Yorito about wisiting his sister and calling him a sky-baka now and then. After all, to me it seems she is a closer friend to Aono, not Yorito.

... then again i might be far out in the left field with all of this
Either way - i might be jumping the gun a bit here, so i guess i will stop with the speculations before people start to hate me too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
looks like a lot of tragic series has taken its toll on ya
Yes - i am sick and tired of them Then again it could be the shows i have been watching recently, so i want a change from all the angst i have been exposed to (don't forget to factor in my love for Matsuri, meaning i definitely don't want to see her turning in to a pile of ashes )
Old 2007-04-19, 18:00   Link #498
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Yes - i am sick and tired of them Then again it could be the shows i have been watching recently, so i want a change from all the angst i have been exposed to (don't forget to factor in my love for Matsuri, meaning i definitely don't want to see her turning in to a pile of ashes )
It's not just you who are sick of the sad or bittersweet endings... There has been so many of them these days that for once i would just like to see a anime that ends on a completely happy note.....

Heres hoping Sola can pull that off, but from the looks of things it'll be Tsukihime all over again...
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 18:20   Link #499
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Sure ^^ , and in case you'd like a variation on the timings (more/less time with open eyes, more/less time with closed eyes) just tell me and I'll change
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it but I appreciate your offer.

I'm not sure if this series will end up tragic. It's certainly going to have some drama but the ending is really open at this point. It's fun to guess though.
Old 2007-04-19, 18:30   Link #500
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I am with you. So many tragics these days. What happened to fairy tales having happy enings(Basically animated fairy tales, lol)

Tags
bishoujo, drama, nomad, romance, seinen, supernatural