AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2007-01-08, 15:28   Link #481
traziemykel
Chimpira

I liked this than other one..
artwork is of the hook. ^^
story is cuter than ever.. ^^
traziemykel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 17:36   Link #482
Avacado Burger
Senpai, we musn't!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liehcas View Post
I'm sure I wasn't the only one to notice the 2ch/futaba references in episode 9.
If you've ever seen Pani Poni Dash, it's LOADED with 2ch references and ascii characters (obviously, you've got to look for them). Heck, I think even the Kamisama cat is based off a 2ch ascii
Avacado Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 17:52   Link #483
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually, I think the god-cat image is much older than PPD or 2chan but I haven't found web references to point to yet. It was a referenced character in Azumanga Daioh as well (and figured in some of Sakaki's daydreams).
I've not been able to find an original source link for this character... (at least in English).
Old 2007-01-17, 21:32   Link #484
Avacado Burger
Senpai, we musn't!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Actually, I think the god-cat image is much older than PPD or 2chan but I haven't found web references to point to yet. It was a referenced character in Azumanga Daioh as well (and figured in some of Sakaki's daydreams).
I've not been able to find an original source link for this character... (at least in English).
Oh yeah, you're probably right. At the time I was probably thinking of Kuma/Pedobear, which was shown briefly in a PPD.
When PPD was being subbed, it came with a pdf file with all that obscure information on it (and when I say obscure, I mean obscure). Got rid of all my PPD subs, but I'm sure the answer's on one of those
Avacado Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 21:58   Link #485
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

I have a question that you people don't even care about. Since negi was born there has to be a mother. WHO THE HELL IS THE LUCKY BROAD THAT GOT NAGI'S KID?
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 22:12   Link #486
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A total mystery but we'll assume she looked something like his older sister.... she hasn't been shown or even mentioned in either manga nor anime so far.
Old 2007-02-08, 22:23   Link #487
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Hell yea. Any expectations? If nagi was the one after the women, Then that mother must be on hell of a chick :LD
Old 2007-02-09, 00:52   Link #488
Incho-San
@} Shotacon Girl {@

Mhhh.....she not Negis cousin....? Becuse Negi has past he´s life with her, she looks like a sister to him. I read that in the Manga of Del rey(N8),but then again its "Negima!?" or a big mistake made by the translators.X.x
I think the mother of Nekane is Eva... XD
Incho-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 13:28   Link #489
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incho-San View Post
I think the mother of Nekane is Eva... XD
Wouldn't Nekane be half-vampire, then?
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 15:03   Link #490
Incho-San
@} Shotacon Girl {@

Maybe.But more human than a vampire like donovan from Vampire Savior(capcom game).
Incho-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 23:31   Link #491
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Well it can't look like nekane-san because nekane is negi's cousin but negi calls her onee-chan. It must look diffrent. Hopefully they will say something about his mother real soon like in the manga >.< Also heres another plot i wound up for you guys. Instead of 10year old negi springfield teaching the class. Imagine Negi that is the same age as the girl teaching the class. I tell you man Bishoujo and bishonen heaven xD. All the girls will go goo-gaa over Negi xD
Old 2007-03-14, 16:54   Link #492
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm hearing some nasty noise that Mahora lost their translator (after a month of hem and haw) leaving them adrift. Visiting their site wasn't really illuminating. Anyone have verifiable information?
Old 2007-03-23, 05:30   Link #493
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

So I finally decided to watch the fansubs after the first episode all in sequence, and I have to say, I was blown away.

this show is great.

far greater than my first impression. it is far greater than the OVAs let you believe.

the pani poni dash style is everywhere. and it works. it works real good.
most of the cut ins are great. subtle jokes abound.
The chalk board writing was a little weak, but it was interesting to see it as a cameo. the pani drawing style mixed with cell type shading borders is wonderful. the color darker pale color palettes are perfect.

this is easily the best current series out right now.

I'm hearing some nasty noise that Mahora lost their translator (after a month of hem and haw) leaving them adrift. Visiting their site wasn't really illuminating. Anyone have verifiable information?

that is indeed a shame if it is true. and i looked at their website and didnt find out much. apparently they use mostly IRC and I dont use that.

one thing though, this show is a X@$!% to translate. seriously, it is that bad. not as bad as pani poni dash or kero gunsou, but almost that bad.

almost.

the show uses formal, informal, regional dialects and puns all over. there is also lots of text and poems to translate. this is hard work.

I looked on the mahora website and most of those guys are still in highschool? that is superb work for highschool kids. karaoke and text affects are great.

I wouldnt mind helping them if it turns out they are overworked. I may give a few of the episodes a try though since I am not a native speaker and this could be out of my league.

anyway, here's to looking forward to the rest of this great series. I am very pleased. this even makes up for the short comings in the first season. now it all seems to mesh together in a great dual fantasy life.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 23:37   Link #494
Kanos
Milk...

Send a message via MSN to Kanos
Did the Negima crew release a video of their Christmas Concert way back in 2006? I"m listening to the cd rite now and i can feel the crowd's enthusiasm. If they did release a video of their concert, does anyone noe where to buy it?
Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 21:00   Link #495
Islaya
Secchan

This series was definatly a lot better than the first one story wise and animation wise, but I really wish they would go back and do a version that follows the manga exactly =/

Spoiler:
Islaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 07:21   Link #496
animeffs13240
V for Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islaya View Post
This series was definatly a lot better than the first one story wise and animation wise, but I really wish they would go back and do a version that follows the manga exactly =/

Spoiler:
I totally agree with you. The first Negima series was complete crap in my opinion, the artwork was horrible and the storyline...blah! Negima!? is a definite improvement but I also wish there was an anime that followed the manga because I would definitly love to see the school field trip arc animated
Old 2007-04-23, 01:21   Link #497
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah well.... based on xris moving the forum, I guess we can call the subbing arena officially stalled...
Old 2007-04-23, 12:15   Link #498
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Ah well.... based on xris moving the forum, I guess we can call the subbing arena officially stalled...
And another of Shinbo's curse is hit upon the fansubbers!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 02:52   Link #499
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Well, I wouldnt call it stalled, just a little slow. they put alot of work into their subs. I mean they even translate the western japanese pronounced spell incantations into latin. they also try to typeset all the signs they translate to look similar to the original. I translated half of episode 16 myself just for fun and it was a _____!
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 03:58   Link #500
etran11

anyone know when new eps going to come with sub?
etran11 is offline   Reply With Quote