AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-17, 11:28   Link #481
Team Rocket Elite

Homura vs Asuka vs Nanoha Round 1. Homura can't lose this one right? I'm still waiting to see where Misaka lands to see if a future rematch is likely.

Edit: Homura will have to deal with Ako and Kirame in the same Block as well.

Edit2: Homura will potentially have a Round 2 match with Madoka. That's just mean.

Edit3: Koromo vs Toshino Kyouko in Round 1.

Edit4: Ayase has a good chance to join Homura and Madoka in their round 2 match. Right now H Block looks pretty empty of anyone with strength. I don't think any top 3 finishers have landed there yet.

Edit5: Sayaka ends up in H Block. I'm still waiting for Misaka's placement.

Edit6: Looks like a Nodoka vs Misaka round 2 match in F Block.

Edit7: Toki and Mami both end up in Block A. They are on opposite sides, though.

Edit8: Kuro joins Block B. Round 3 in Block B could have Kirame, Kuro, Ako and Homura.

Last edited by Team Rocket Elite; 2013-08-17 at 12:21.
Old 2013-08-17, 12:00   Link #482
timbits
Harem Lead

None of my second prelims predictions were correct. Good, just as expected. I'm glad Mao and Yayoi got in, and now it's time for the real battle to begin.
Old 2013-08-17, 12:00   Link #483
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Outside of Sasano Ichigo and Suehara, all the other Saki girls are not exactly "just appear for 5 seconds" girl.
Those are the main two. But there are two or three others that got in without a great deal of screen-time/focus (at least in the anime). Aside from the main two, I don't think that any of the others are "outrageous", but a couple others are minor side-characters. Anyway, I myself said that most of the Saki girls are in fact important characters.

Quote:
And Hitomi...there's important girl and there's girl that no one likes. Hitomi falls in the 2nd category.
Hitomi is an important supporting cast character, period. But yes, I can get why some would dislike her. I don't particularly care that she's not in this, as I'm not a big fan of her's, but I just think her absence shows that the Saki brand is stronger than the Madoka brand. A Madoka character might still win it all in the end, but being associated with Saki is like getting the Midas touch in this tournament.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-08-17 at 12:14.
Old 2013-08-17, 12:19   Link #484
Team Rocket Elite

No, the Madoka fanbase just doesn't like Hitomi. They would rather Charlotte or Walpurgus Night make it in rather than Hitomi. Also the the comparison between side casts of Saki and Madoka doesn't make sense. The Madoka fanbase only has 5 strong characters but the series doesn't really make any effort to have a 6th strong character. Saki gives a lot of focus to side characters to the point where people make comments about Toki being the real main character of Side A.
Old 2013-08-17, 12:21   Link #485
chaosprophet

Spoiler for Block A:

Spoiler for Block B:

Spoiler for Block C:

Spoiler for Block D:

Spoiler for Block E:

Spoiler for Block F:

Spoiler for Block G:

Spoiler for Block H:

Also updated this with block order and one with series order.
Old 2013-08-17, 12:26   Link #486
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Homura vs Asuka vs Nanoha Round 1. Homura can't lose this one right? I'm still waiting to see where Misaka lands to see if a future rematch is likely.

Edit: Homura will have to deal with Ako and Kirame in the same Block as well.

Edit2: Homura will potentially have a Round 2 match with Madoka. That's just mean.
That's a nasty block.

Quote:
Edit3: Koromo vs Toshino Kyouko in Round 1.
Interesting match.

Quote:

Edit4: Ayase has a good chance to join Homura and Madoka in their round 2 match. Right now H Block looks pretty empty of anyone with strength. I don't think any top 3 finishers have landed there yet.

Edit5: Sayaka ends up in H Block. I'm still waiting for Misaka's placement.
It seems that fortune has shined brightly on Sayaka this day.

Quote:

Edit7: Toki and Mami both end up in Block A. They are on opposite sides, though.
Great way to end Block A if it happens. A match-up between the two most recent J-SaiMoe Champions.

Quote:
No, the Madoka fanbase just doesn't like Hitomi.
Even if true, that doesn't mean that Hitomi isn't an important character, as ion was claiming. She is an important supporting cast character.

Quote:
Also the the comparison between side casts of Saki and Madoka doesn't make sense.
It does when even girls that got one scene of screen-time get in for Saki. Your argument doesn't account for those girls. Let's face it - Some people are voting Saki girls purely because they're Saki girls. That's a level of brand strength beyond what Madoka shows.
Old 2013-08-17, 12:46   Link #487
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Spoiler for Block A:

Spoiler for Block B:

Spoiler for Block C:

Spoiler for Block D:

Spoiler for Block E:

Spoiler for Block F:

Spoiler for Block G:

Spoiler for Block H:

Also updated this with block order and one with series order.
OMG. Block A is so cruel to Toki T.T

I hope Matsumi Kuro/Atarashi Ako can win Block B :/

I hope Block C winner is Fukuji Mihoko/Tobiichi Origami/Itsuka Kotori.

I hope Block D winner is Amae Koromo/Sagimori Arata.

Block E is hopeless......Matsumae Ohana nor Amatsuka Megumi can win T.T

I hope Haramura Nodoka wins Block F ><

As much as I want Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko to win Block G, she'll won't so I hope Suehara Kyouko or Akaza Akari can win it.

OMG I REALLY WANT TAKAYAMA MARIA TO WIN BLOCK H BUT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE SO I CAN CRY RIGHT NOW T.T

I'd be happy if Chitanda Eru can win but looks impossible too T.T

So much hope....I will be heartbroken before the match even begins. D:
Old 2013-08-17, 12:55   Link #488
chaosprophet

The repechage system this year adds an interesting factor:

Only girls that loses to a block winner get that second chance at repechage. This does mean that if girl A defeats girl B, A may get votes from B fans later so that A wins the block and B get a second chance. In that sense, is like after each round, a girl level up by sucking the soul out of aggregating part of the power of the girl who lost. They carry the weight of those who they defeated.

In that sense, in Block B we may have the final:
Madohomura monster vs Kuroako monster.
Old 2013-08-17, 13:00   Link #489
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It does when even girls that got one scene of screen-time get in for Saki. Your argument doesn't account for those girls. Let's face it - Some people are voting Saki girls purely because they're Saki girls. That's a level of brand strength beyond what Madoka shows.
I think that you exaggerate a little here. It is true that there is a small number of people who vote for Saki girls purely because they are Saki girls but it is a very small fraction of the voting base. Some like to use that as an excuse when their favorite characters are eliminated but, to be fair, their influence is not enough to get Saki characters into the tournament. This can be seen with the many background Saki girls that did not pass the preliminaries.

There are only 2 Saki girls that got a very short amount of screentime: Ichigo and Yae and both have a meme-like status among Saki fans in Japan, so their popularity can not be judged by their appearance time in the series.

Besides, this happens with all series. There is always a small group of fans that support their favorite series no matter what.

Quote:
The repechage system this year adds an interesting factor:

Only girls that loses to a block winner get that second chance at repechage. This does mean that if girl A defeats girl B, A may get votes from B fans later so that A wins the block and B get a second chance. In that sense, is like after each round, a girl level up by sucking the soul out of aggregating part of the power of the girl who lost. They carry the weight of those who they defeated.

In that sense, in Block B we may have the final:
Madohomura monster vs Kuroako monster.
Yes, I think too that this is an interesting factor.

What I wonder is: will the fans of defeated girl B be able to vote for girl A (the girl who eliminated their favorite character)? Imagine fans of Homura in 2011, voting for Misaka all the way to group final victory, just to give their favorite character a second chance. Or imagine fans of girl B defeated by minor Saki girl A voting for said Saki character all the way to block victory.
Old 2013-08-17, 13:03   Link #490
Team Rocket Elite

Ayase is the problem here. I would expected both Homura and Madoka to beat Ayase is a straight up fight. I'd still say Homura is the favourite in Homura vs Madoka vs Ayase if Madoka gets bus'd. However, getting a Homura-Madoka 1-2 finish over Ayase is going to be tough. If they pull it off, Homura then has the task of fighting some of the strongest Saki characters to try and save Madoka. If she pulls that off, I bet she gets paid with Madoka in the top 16. >_>
Old 2013-08-17, 13:10   Link #491
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post
I think that you exaggerate a little here.
And I think that you and TRE downplay Saki domination too much. Meme? What Meme?

I definitely think you're way off in arguing that Saki series voters are only a "very small fraction" of the voting base. No, they are a very significant faction of the voting base. Their influence is definitely enough to get some girls into this tournament that would otherwise not be there.

Five or six (not just two) of the Saki girls are in this tournament primarily because they are Saki girls. They would not be there if they were in any other anime.

Quote:
Besides, this happens with all series.
No, it doesn't. What Saki did last year was totally unprecedented. It definitely does not happen with all series.
Old 2013-08-17, 13:19   Link #492
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Yeah really, the Saki block voting is clear as day.
Old 2013-08-17, 13:30   Link #493
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

You guys seriously exaggerate it too much. I think Madoka Magica is the issue here and not Saki.

You guys are assuming that those people form the bulk of the votes which I don't think is the case at all.
Old 2013-08-17, 13:32   Link #494
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Looking at the blocks poor Peace going to lose to another Saki character if she passes round 1. There's a very high chance that Akarin is finally going to be in the top 8. I feel like there might be 3 Madoka reps in the top 8 at the minimum due to a possibility of Mori Summer sniping out Kyouko and of course the Homura vs Madoka match in round 2. Personally I think Mami is stronger than Toki hence 3 MadoMagis in top 8 at minimum.
Old 2013-08-17, 13:33   Link #495
chaosprophet

Quote:
What I wonder is: will the fans of defeated girl B be able to vote for girl A (the girl who eliminated their favorite character)? Imagine fans of Homura in 2011, voting for Misaka all the way to group final victory, just to give their favorite character a second chance. Or imagine fans of girl B defeated by minor Saki girl A voting for said Saki character all the way to block victory.
If the girl is their favorite, to the point that without her the tournament isn't as much interesting anymore, then i think it's more important to fight for that chance even if by making a chara you hate win.

And you know, I'm getting all delusional with this repechage things... I think I will play around with this during the tournament, like, for example:

The Holy Moegrail War rages on...
In the first area of the Faerûn continent Takanashi Hina, Sakurano Kurimu, and Takatsuki Yayoi face each other in a vicious battle, but in the end only one can survive...

In this bloody battlefield, Sakurano Kurimu stood victorious. She now carries the soul of Takatsuki Yayoi.
Takanashi Hina's soul is forever lost...
Old 2013-08-17, 13:40   Link #496
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
You guys seriously exaggerate it too much.
No, we don't. If you think we do, then please name for me another anime show that actually manages to get five-second girls into the main tournament.

Quote:
I think Madoka Magica is the issue here and not Saki.
All of the Madoka Magica girls in this tournament are main cast characters. So no, Madoka Magica is not the issue here.

Quote:
You guys are assuming that those people form the bulk of the votes which I don't think is the case at all.
I'm not assuming they form the bulk of the votes. But they do form a significant number.

I like Saki, but even I find it disgusting how five-second Saki characters get in over characters like Lagrange's Lan and Muginami, Accel World's Sky Raker, and Kokoro Connect's Iori.
Old 2013-08-17, 13:40   Link #497
Subayai

Quote:
And I think that you and TRE downplay Saki domination too much. Meme? What Meme?

I definitely think you're way off in arguing that Saki series voters are only a "very small fraction" of the voting base. No, they are a very significant faction of the voting base. Their influence is definitely enough to get some girls into this tournament that would otherwise not be there.

Five or six (not just two) of the Saki girls are in this tournament primarily because they are Saki girls. They would not be there if they were in any other anime.

No, it doesn't. What Saki did last year was totally unprecedented. It definitely does not happen with all series.
But you are mixing "Saki domination" with "voters who only vote for Saki". Saki domination happened because Saki is a very popular series with a very large cast of very moe girls. Last year in saimoe, competition was not precisely the strongest there ever was. So when it came to voting, what do you want people to do? To vote for characters they do not like or do not know? I'm not saying this situation is desirable, but it happened.

On the other hand if there were a lot of "voters who only vote for Saki" then ALL Saki characters would get into the tournament. How do you explain all those who didn't?

This started because of Hitomi of MadoMagi not getting in the tournament. But Hitomi is just a not very liked character. In 2011, there was no Saki, and Hitomi did not get in either. Charlotte did though. That's why I wouldn't compare Hitomi with Sasano Ichigo, it would be more appropriate to compare Hitomi with, let's say, Seiko Matano who was also eliminated in 2nd prelims.
Old 2013-08-17, 13:50   Link #498
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
No, we don't. If you think we do, then please name for me another anime show that actually manages to get five-second girls into the main tournament.
Vocaloid did it and they don't even have an anime.
Old 2013-08-17, 13:53   Link #499
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
But you are mixing "Saki domination" with "voters who only vote for Saki".
31 Saki girls qualifying for the main tournament isn't enough to demonstrate to you that there are a significant number of voters who are Saki faction voters?

Sure there are some Saki girls that didn't get in, but that pales in comparison to the 31 that did, including some girls with ridiculously low amounts of screen-time.

How can you consider someone "very moe" when you see them for a few seconds? Clearly them being in Saki is why they're in this tournament.

Quote:
Vocaloid did it and they don't even have an anime.
Come on. We all know Vocaloid and Touhou are special cases. That's a very cheap and beside-the-point example, and you know it.

The attempts to downplay Saki faction voting power in this tournament are getting downright ridiculous.
Old 2013-08-17, 14:28   Link #500
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
31 Saki girls qualifying for the main tournament isn't enough to demonstrate to you that there are a significant number of voters who are Saki faction voters?

Sure there are some Saki girls that didn't get in, but that pales in comparison to the 31 that did, including some girls with ridiculously low amounts of screen-time.

How can you consider someone "very moe" when you see them for a few seconds? Clearly them being in Saki is why they're in this tournament.
The attempts to downplay Saki faction voting power in this tournament are getting downright ridiculous.
I agree on the reason why girls who only appeared like 3 seconds in Saki made it because they are Saki. Since if they were from an another anime I bet they wouldn't last in first prelims. I do think the Saki voting downplay is a bit ridiculous mainly because of how much Saki girls who appeared for like a second made it over other anime girls who had appeared for 15 minutes or longer. To be honest I feel like Saki is probably at the at the level I would be concerned about future Saimoes they would be eligible in.
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament