AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-19, 22:04   Link #481
yeahitschris

^ same here, after it was done loading and they were still talking. PRESS START BABY
Old 2009-11-20, 09:06   Link #482
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Ok I have never played a call of duty game before this and I have to say that Veteran is quite easy, over the course of less than 10 hours I am almost finished and I have 21 achievements out of 50. This is a lot easier than GRAW2, Gears of War 2 Insane and Halo 3 Legendary

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 23:21   Link #483
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Vet on World at War and 4 were MUCH harder.

God, storming the Reichstag on vet in Waw was a nightmare. So was Okinawa.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 00:49   Link #484
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I know what you blokes mean. A bit of a let down really.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 03:19   Link #485
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Only thing I hate about campaign is the fact I can spend 30 minutes killing off everyone as Mactavish on Enemy of my enemy then when I try advancing a shoots me from behind after I walked and checked the area thoroughly that he attacked me from then I die.

Old 2009-11-21, 09:00   Link #486
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Vet on World at War and 4 were MUCH harder.

God, storming the Reichstag on vet in Waw was a nightmare. So was Okinawa.
Just that they missed out my favourite weapon, the Bren Gun. It was the predecessor to the FN MAG / M240 GPMG.

Now everyone has complained that this game sucks, it is time we bring the feedback to IW.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 10:31   Link #487
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I was playing multiplayer for the first time and what Im getting annoyed that is that I can never find my enemy but he always finds me and in 2 or 3 bullets I'm dead making the whole thing seem very broken since it is kind of like you are alive for 1 minute, you die again, alive again, die etc...

Also there is always a sniper somewhere

Old 2009-11-21, 11:16   Link #488
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I was playing multiplayer for the first time and what Im getting annoyed that is that I can never find my enemy but he always finds me and in 2 or 3 bullets I'm dead making the whole thing seem very broken since it is kind of like you are alive for 1 minute, you die again, alive again, die etc...

The only advice I can give is stay behind cover, use run, use grenades. Snipers are pretty broken in this game, you can barely find them.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 11:17   Link #489
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Just that they missed out my favourite weapon, the Bren Gun. It was the predecessor to the FN MAG / M240 GPMG.

Now everyone has complained that this game sucks, it is time we bring the feedback to IW.
Well, in the story I don't think a Bren would have fit, lol. Maybe in online, but the Type 99 is based off of the Type 96, which is based off of the ZB vz/26 which is what the Bren was made from, so...lol. So, you are playing with the cousin of a Bren.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 12:03   Link #490
zibi88

Quote:

the thing is that MP in MW2 is kinda broken (for PC at least)... becouse 9v9 and the maps... are creating especialy for "campers" they sit in dark places/windows ect and wait for you to run throught the corridor or on some road.... simply MW2 ended up mostly as a camper style playing (in MW1 wit lots of players camping was kinda harder [and it was more exciting that you are aware that on the map are 20-30enemies with similar guns and not 6-9enemies...]

well there is a possibuility that you are finding cheaters and they use aimbots to kill you nicely and fast ^^

but what I see from lots/most videos... there are many campers...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 12:16   Link #491
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

I stop playing MW2 because the camping in this game is a must requirement :P and the heat beat detector is almost a must when playing..... it's really killing the fun really fast....
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 12:16   Link #492
yeahitschris

agrh, SNATCH&GRAB on VET is so hard :/ spent 5 hours on it w/ friend
Old 2009-11-21, 17:26   Link #493
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
I stop playing MW2 because the camping in this game is a must requirement :P and the heat beat detector is almost a must when playing..... it's really killing the fun really fast....
I had the heart beat detector but that didnt stop people running up on me, also people with thermal sights have a much bigger advantage so I noticed ALL the snipers that kill me have thermal sights to find players without having to look too hard.

Also for the 360 (I dont know if this applies to the PC or PS3) but they need to change the matching system because I just started playing and they want to put me up against people rank 30-65 meaning they already unlocked most of the stuff whilst I new to the game.

Old 2009-11-21, 20:46   Link #494
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
I had the heart beat detector but that didnt stop people running up on me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPSTHukw_nU

That's why people pick a corner and camp with a 90 degree openning and just camp there the whole game or camp at somewhere with somehting soild on the back they can rest there. Then I just ask myself "why am I sitting here like doing some kind of extrem fishing?!"

Last edited by gummybear; 2009-11-21 at 21:06.
Old 2009-11-22, 15:17   Link #495
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The only advice I can give is stay behind cover, use run, use grenades. Snipers are pretty broken in this game, you can barely find them.
Or maybe the snipers are just making intelligent use of the terrain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
Keep in mind that there is a counter for the HBS, so it can't be all that bad, can it?

Quote:
I had the heart beat detector but that didnt stop people running up on me...
Aside from the sensor's limited detection arc, I suspect some of these folks have the Ninja perk.

Quote:
...also people with thermal sights have a much bigger advantage so I noticed ALL the snipers that kill me have thermal sights to find players without having to look too hard.
Cold-Blooded is the natural counter-perk for this problem (though I'm surprised that 'hot' smoke grenades aren't available).

Quote:
Also for the 360 (I dont know if this applies to the PC or PS3) but they need to change the matching system because I just started playing and they want to put me up against people rank 30-65 meaning they already unlocked most of the stuff whilst I new to the game.
Perhaps what they should do is implement a 'sliding' XP reward system (Borderlands does this, if I recall correctly). Specifically, there's a score multiplier which changes depending on the level difference between slayer and victim; this multiplier would increase the further 'above' you the victim is, and vice versa (this way, there's little incentive to 'bottom feed'. The following hypothetical listing should help elaborate the point:
  • victim is 5-6 levels below: 0.8x
  • victim is 3-4 levels below: 0.9x
  • victim is 1-2 levels away from slayer (in either direction): 1x
  • victim is 3-4 levels above: 1.1x
  • victim is 5-6 levels above: 1.2x

And so on in both directions, which would discourage 'bottom feeding' by high-leveled players.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 16:06   Link #496
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Or maybe they could just do what Gears of War 2 does and find players around a similar skill level to play you in multiplayer

Old 2009-11-22, 16:57   Link #497
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Keep in mind that there is a counter for the HBS, so it can't be all that bad, can it?
I have nothing against the detectors, my beef is with the camping, you want to win then you have to camp, it's alway camping, get to the objective and camp and wait the timer out and you win, I even once won a game without firing a single shot other then using a genate. It's bull shit, they need to make one of those old style "bitch slap camper" you see in CS for this, cause camping is getting gay hard. Hell, even TF2 is more fun than this crap, at least I get to run around burning people up with a flame thrower.
Old 2009-12-01, 19:00   Link #498
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Modern Warfare 2 website by Square Enix

Most of the videos are subtitled by SE. The TV trailer was dubbed in Japanese.

And yeah, it's out after a week by the 10th. Wonder if I'll preorder to see how the game is in Japanese. BTW, I don't know if the first one was dubbed, but it made a hit in Japan.

They have wallpapers too.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 19:50   Link #499
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

haha japanese versions gonna sound funny tryin to get dub voice actors for Cpt Price the other MC's
Old 2009-12-01, 21:40   Link #500
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Interview with Jessie Stern

Jessie Stern being interviewed on the supposed ideas of MW2 and his thoughts before and after the No Russian mission was introduced.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote