Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-12-08, 03:13   Link #481
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for S5Ep9:
Old 2016-12-08, 06:01   Link #482
AntonKutovoi

Do we really need a generic drama with Curtis' husband?
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 02:34   Link #483
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Do we really need a generic drama with Curtis' husband?
You have that with everyone else's relationship (except Felicity's...RIP cop guy whose name I never bothered to learn). I say kudos on them not treating the gay relationship any different than any of the others.
Old 2016-12-09, 05:22   Link #484
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
You have that with everyone else's relationship (except Felicity's...RIP cop guy whose name I never bothered to learn). I say kudos on them not treating the gay relationship any different than any of the others.
Yes, I'll give them that. They treat all relationships equally annoying
Old 2016-12-09, 15:23   Link #485
Wandering Soul

I know Arrow characters aren't known for being rational, buy I hope Artemis has a better reason for betraying the team.

"I don't approve of killers so instead of working with the murderer who is trying to fix his way and help the city, I will work with the murderer who doesn't care about this city and has killed innocent people"
Old 2016-12-09, 16:48   Link #486
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I know Arrow characters aren't known for being rational, buy I hope Artemis has a better reason for betraying the team.

"I don't approve of killers so instead of working with the murderer who is trying to fix his way and help the city, I will work with the murderer who doesn't care about this city and has killed innocent people"
Perfectly rational.
Old 2017-03-02, 06:39   Link #487
AntonKutovoi

So, Chase is Prometheus... and he suddenly joined the terrible acting club.
Old 2017-03-23, 15:53   Link #488
AntonKutovoi

I still laugh at how bad Dolph Lundgren's Russian is. One could think that after all these Big Bad Russians roles, he at least could pronounce something
With other actors here, I could at least understand what they're saying, but without subs I would never understood what Lindgren is saying
As for episode itself - Oliver got completely broken. I wonder how long will it take him to come back to fight.
Old 2017-05-19, 19:20   Link #489
Chosen_Hero

Normally I avoid posting in this thread due to the haters and random hate this series gets (we get it, second half of season 3 and season 4 were horrible and Laurel wasn't even that good of a character to begin with, so please stop beating the dead horse and move on already) but I don’t care, this season has been a hundred times better than slow reaction man... I mean, the Flash.

This season finale is going to be insane, Green Arrow, Nyssa al Ghul, Malcolm Merlyn and
Spoiler for Pure. Unadulterated. Badass.:
vs Prometheus, Talia al Ghul, Black Siren and Artemis and if the rumors are true this is not even the full lineup of teams... yeah, this season has been amazing.

Also, if you are wondering about Vigilante, it has already been stated that he/she is going to return for season 6 and will be a big focus of that season.
Old 2017-05-19, 19:53   Link #490
Wandering Soul

^Got to admit that I do find this season of Arrow better than season 3 of Flash. I'm more hyped for this season finale.
Old 2017-05-20, 12:58   Link #491
Tenzen12

Oliver abridged

"Felicity was right teaming with evil people like Bratva is bad, I will never do it again. Hey Deathstroke wanna spot in my new team. Yes Malcolm agreed too"

Still better story than Twilight The Flash.
Old 2017-05-25, 00:40   Link #492
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I'll say this was definitely a much stronger season than we've had in a while for Arrow. I wasn't sure the writers had it in them to honestly write a good story for these characters anymore. But this worked pretty well.

Though holy crap that was a bit of an extreme cliffhanger. One I'm not that happy with since...obviously they didn't murder the entire supporting cast. Heck I doubt Malcolm is dead. That guy is crafty enough to do a lot of things. Could have made the other guy take his spot and get far enough away from the explosion or find a way to find said explosion.

One thing I have to say is....thank god the flashbacks are over! He really did barely spend any time on that island.

But really it did play out pretty well. Some good character moments, plenty of action, and Oliver at least trying to do the right thing.
Old 2017-05-25, 01:21   Link #493
Chosen_Hero

Holy shit... this was an amazing episode. Pretty impressive how they just tied up 5 years worth of story (10 if you count the flashbacks). Yes, that ending left me salty but it's good salt so I am ok with it.
Old 2017-05-25, 04:21   Link #494
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

There's no way in hell Malcolm is dead. He's harder to kill than a cockroach. In fact, we'll probably see a flashback at some point showing how he's the one who ended up saving everyone else.

Slade got some nice character development this episode, for someone who's been a complete non-entity for several seasons. And he had a legitimate reason for doing so. And the idiot box wasn't quite in play as much as it usually is (guess Flash needed to hog it this season).
Old 2017-05-25, 08:31   Link #495
Tenzen12

Now we will get 5 years worth of Malcolms flashbacks culminating in point when he miraculously save everyone on island

Chase wasn't that bad evil villain he initially looked like.
Old 2017-05-25, 09:08   Link #496
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So Oliver never grew his hair and beard, he just put some extensions and cover himself in dirt to make it look like he live at the island for a long time?

Man, that made Oliver being isolated on the island and suffering look cheap.
Old 2017-05-25, 10:44   Link #497
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
So Oliver never grew his hair and beard, he just put some extensions and cover himself in dirt to make it look like he live at the island for a long time?

Man, that made Oliver being isolated on the island and suffering look cheap.
Yeah...that was a bit disappointing. Just grabbed stuff from a crate, put on a wig, and boom there you go. Couldn't they have at least just had him be stuck on that island for a few months by himself after this flashback fight and then get rescued?

The season was really strong in general. But, it figures the flashback saga kind of ends on a weak note. Takes a bit of a chunk out of S1.
Old 2017-05-25, 11:56   Link #498
Wandering Soul

That was a great finale. It was also one of Arrow's best episodes. That episode and season 5 as a whole shows that Arrow writer really learned their lesson from seasons 3 and 4.

As far as cliffhangers go, that was a pretty risky one. They obviously won't kill off the entire supporting cast, but there should also be at least a few casualties or the entire thing seems pointless.
Old 2017-05-26, 10:17   Link #499
Tenzen12

Well Merlin is supposed be missing next season so he might be lol!dead there. Maybe Slade and bad some of bad guys (CB is as good as dead, Athena might too. Can't imagine Siren dying if not saving Lance in process).

Team Arrow will be fine (maybe with exception of William Mom cue Oliver going take him in)
Old 2017-05-27, 04:44   Link #500
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

John Barrowman won't be back for Season 6

Tags
green arrow, the cw