Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-06-10, 21:52   Link #481
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
goblin rush

btw does the mc of this novel really doesn't kill anything but goblin?
He does get tropes into killing others sometimes because of circumstances - like the Ogre/Orc in vol 1
Old 2017-06-12, 07:23   Link #482
demonicslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
goblin rush

btw does the mc of this novel really doesn't kill anything but goblin?
The MC prefers any quest which involves destroying goblin since he hold some grudges against goblin and they are seen as a greater threat to the people. However, in some of his quests, he still fought against a number of different opponents (monsters, assassins and orc).
demonicslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 12:16   Link #483
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
He does get tropes into killing others sometimes because of circumstances - like the Ogre/Orc in vol 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonicslayer View Post
The MC prefers any quest which involves destroying goblin since he hold some grudges against goblin and they are seen as a greater threat to the people. However, in some of his quests, he still fought against a number of different opponents (monsters, assassins and orc).
it wasn't a Orc, it was a Ogre(Oni) Mage. The term became popularize in Western Fantasy when WotC introduce 2 Ogre Mage into the Forgotten Realm Setting in the early/mid-2000s.
Old 2017-06-18, 13:49   Link #484
Twi

Just started reading the LN from Amazon. Question for those who read ahead, but the Elf mentions that there was a sword that excelled at Goblin Slaying. Has GS obtained his namesake weapon yet?
Old 2017-06-18, 21:00   Link #485
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonicslayer View Post
To be honest, I don't *feel* he hates them enough. You don't see him killing them in a passionate maniac kind of way. He's very level-headed, and he seems to be a lot more concerned towards the danger they pose to society. That's pretty much the very definition of a hero...

Similiarly, I also read online that he reacts violently when they threaten Priestess. I don't think I've seen anything of that sort, as of yet.
WERERABBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 21:12   Link #486
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERERABBIT View Post
To be honest, I don't *feel* he hates them enough. You don't see him killing them in a passionate maniac kind of way. He's very level-headed, and he seems to be a lot more concerned towards the danger they pose to society. That's pretty much the very definition of a hero...

Similiarly, I also read online that he reacts violently when they threaten Priestess. I don't think I've seen anything of that sort, as of yet.
You don't get more hatred than bashing the kid gobs with their clubs.

As for that violent, I think they're referencing a scene where Priestess got fooled by a gob and almost got ganked. Should be at the end of the farm assault arc. For the records, he strangled a high level gob to death using the hair of one of said gob victim.
Old 2017-06-19, 01:35   Link #487
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

Quote:
You don't get more hatred than bashing the kid gobs with their clubs.
It sounds a lot like that, but he makes it much more of a functional point. He doesn't seem to let his actual feelings get involved. My point is, it feels a lot more like a job than doing something he loves.

Quote:
As for that violent, I think they're referencing a scene where Priestess got fooled by a gob and almost got ganked. Should be at the end of the farm assault arc. For the records, he strangled a high level gob to death using the hair of one of said gob victim.
I read that part on the first volume, and it sounded rather neutral to me.

Quote:
For the records, he strangled a high level gob to death using the hair of one of said gob victim.
okay holy shit
Old 2017-06-19, 03:37   Link #488
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERERABBIT View Post
It sounds a lot like that, but he makes it much more of a functional point. He doesn't seem to let his actual feelings get involved. My point is, it feels a lot more like a job than doing something he loves.

I read that part on the first volume, and it sounded rather neutral to me.

okay holy shit
4Chan has a scans of the entire thing. Oh and if I remember right, the hair was still attached if you know what I mean.
Old 2017-06-19, 18:26   Link #489
Twi

The Goblin Champion, you mean? That was in the second volume. It's strength was supposedly around the same level as the Ogre, without the magic or regeneration or intelligence. It was definitely taller too, judging by the picture in the LN.

Spoiler for Just in case:

I'm also not sure why they say he wears leather armor with chainmail beneath it when he's got metal on in the picture either, but I feel bad for anyone who reads this and then goes to read the Iron Teeth Serial, where the protagonist is a Goblin that becomes a Hobgoblin. I can't help but think... Goblin Slayers going to come and kill all of Blacknail's tribe. Though, I feel GS would be welcomed in Grimgar.

Last edited by Twi; 2017-06-19 at 18:46.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-21, 18:09   Link #490
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Spoiler for Just in case:
wat

Also, that guy looks exactly the same as the ogre...
Old 2017-06-21, 19:32   Link #491
Twi

It's like I said.
Spoiler for Stuff:

And it doesn't look just like the Ogre. The Ogre had more muscle going by the images alone. I do know there was a Goblin Champion that appeared during the end of Vol. 1, with the Goblin Army.
Old 2017-06-22, 00:03   Link #492
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

That makes me angry.
Old 2017-06-22, 01:06   Link #493
Twi

If its any consolation:
Spoiler for Champion Fate:
Old 2017-07-12, 10:38   Link #494
Hata
時の異邦人

Spoiler for novel 6 limited edition cover:

comes with a drama cd scripted by the author, you can check the amazon link for seiyu list,
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/479739160X

Spoiler for goblin slayer gaiden year one cover:
Old 2017-07-13, 09:13   Link #495
Chingaruna517

Question: What is the Year One Gaiden is all about? Was it the prequel of the series in regards of Goblin Slayer's rise as one the goblins hunter he is now? It sound like an obvious question but, does that mean we are going to see journey of the GS himself before meeting the priestess?
Chingaruna517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-13, 12:11   Link #496
Twi

I believe it'll cover his first year Goblin Slaying. It's been about five years in the main series since he started out.
Old 2017-07-13, 20:48   Link #497
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I believe it'll cover his first year Goblin Slaying. It's been about five years in the main series since he started out.
Kinda like Batman Year One right? You can see his armor being more polished and ornate compared to now.

Although I'm guessing something happened to that girl in the cover.
Old 2017-07-13, 21:36   Link #498
Twi

Sword's too long, armor looks fancy, the horns on the helmet scream "grab me", and I don't see him packing a lot of emergency gear like a potion or antidote. It reminds me of what it said in the first novel about people who encounter goblins either kill them with ease, take their licks and learn from the experiences, or die. This looks like his time to learn.
Old 2017-07-14, 00:28   Link #499
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
it wasn't a Orc, it was a Ogre(Oni) Mage. The term became popularize in Western Fantasy when WotC introduce 2 Ogre Mage into the Forgotten Realm Setting in the early/mid-2000s.
Side note here....

Interesting to note this was one ogre mages became popular ... I remember them showing up back in the late 1970s/early 1980s both in the first edition of TSR's Monster Manual and the module S2 - White Plume Mountain, where a polymorphed Ogre Mage (as a halfling? I forget...) was guarding a magic sword named Blackrazor ... at least I think it was Blackrazor. In the Monster Manual hey were called "Ogre Magi" ... a little different of a cultural image from the use of Magi as opposed to Mage.
Old 2017-07-16, 19:03   Link #500
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
Spoiler for novel 6 limited edition cover:

comes with a drama cd scripted by the author, you can check the amazon link for seiyu list,
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/479739160X

Spoiler for goblin slayer gaiden year one cover:
Priestess is perfect.

Tags
d&d, fantasy, harem?