Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-06-25, 15:04   Link #481
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Good series and a nice ending, 75/100.
Also, did anyone catch this shameless insert?
Spoiler for lol:
that is funny
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-25, 15:20   Link #482
Chichiryuushintei

I liked this episode more than I thought. The whole friendship thing wasn't as simplified as I was afraid it'd be. And it wouldn't be Trigger if it didn't had the subtlety of a monster truck.

7/10 overall. Didn't enjoy it as much as other Trigger series, but it's good for what it is.
Old 2016-06-25, 16:27   Link #483
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Overall was a good ride, enjoyable some times, it has some flaws but it was fun.

In the end everyone have someone at their side, and also they finally have a real connection. I'm surprised Okada was involved in Kizaiver considering how bad and terrible was Mayoiga.

Kiznaiver deserves a 6.5/10.
With Mayoiga they probably went for the B-movie feeling on purpose, though I think they failed and didn't make it really "so bad it's good", just "so bad it's bad". But YMMV on that one.

This one was far more in line with Okada's sensibilities - there were quite more than a few things in common with AnoHana. Still, I enjoyed it more than AnoHana, perhaps because it was more witty, slightly less serious, and wonderfully directed, drawn, and set to music all through. It's a 7/10 for me.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-25, 16:50   Link #484
Wandering Soul

Good series which provided a fun ride. 7.5/10

The group is now fully willing to acknowledge each others as friends and they are slowly adding Sonozaki to group. They are also dealing with the feelings that some members have for one another in their own ways. I laughed during Maki and Yuta's scene in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Good series and a nice ending, 75/100.
Also, did anyone catch this shameless insert?
Spoiler for lol:
I see that I'm not the only one that noticed that.
Old 2016-06-25, 21:26   Link #485
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-26, 08:38   Link #486
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 12:
Well, glad that Katsuhira and the rest of the 1st generation Kiznaiver participants got their emotions back. Also, seeing Noriko smiling at the end was a good sign that this series ends smoothly!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-26, 11:18   Link #487
Tormenk

It wasn't as impacting as it could be because of how sudden the whole situation went down but the finale still felt satisfying.

Never found out why exactly Yuta was interested in Maki when he already had two girls for his picking but Maki's tease was oh-so-delightful. And Noriko packs a Rei-quality smile to end things off. Couldn't ask for more.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-26, 16:44   Link #488
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think I'm starting to understand Katsuhira and Noriko's relationship a little better.

It's not so much that he likes her despite all the bad things she does.

It's because he likes her that he wanted to stop her from doing all the bad things.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-26, 21:35   Link #489
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well this should of been 24eps then maybe it wouldnt have been such a forced ending

6/10
Old 2016-06-27, 05:14   Link #490
IceHism

The ending was OK but I feel like a lot of the impact wasn't as good as it could be due to weak execution in the events leading up to the ending. Okada basically screwed up near the end imo.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-27, 15:30   Link #491
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Damn, BD sales don't even rank. So sad because I've enjoyed this immensely; Kizanaiver is definitely an Okada written anime, and as an Okadafag I loved every minute of it (well apart from them trying to kill me with an overload of moe in the last three/four episodes XD). Certainly wasn't flawless (even as someone who picked up Nico's crush on Tenga as early as the Test of Courage episode, I still think it came out of left field as an example) but I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Two thumbs up!

Takes my #2 spot of the season, right behind Macross Delta. There were only two anime this cour that I HAD to watch the moment the subs came online (not to mention these same two anime I rewatch for 'alternative translations'), and for a cour where I was overloaded following multiple series (I think it was like 20?), that's really saying something. Sadly, my tastes (or Okada's for the matter) don't align with the general otaku, and the poor reception of this will most probably put Okada into Trigger's blacklist, especially since I've heard she had a HUGE hand in the upheaval remaking of what was the original concept.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 11:34   Link #492
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Marathoned the series these past days and I admit I really liked it despite some flaws (like the lack of development of Hiromu)
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 19:43   Link #493
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
especially since I've heard she had a HUGE hand in the upheaval remaking of what was the original concept.
Where did you hear this?

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 22:50   Link #494
SvenCalBayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well this should of been 24eps then maybe it wouldnt have been such a forced ending

6/10
I agree. Kiznaiver's last episode and last episodes felt rushed. And it is sad, knowing it could've been much better.

24 eps, just like Kill La Kill, would've been great for Kiznaiver.

Oh well, I'm still gonna miss Sven Cal Bayan junior (Katsuhira Agata) and the light blue-silver haired apathetic hot chick (Noriko Sonozaki).
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-29, 08:02   Link #495
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Damn, BD sales don't even rank. So sad because I've enjoyed this immensely; Kizanaiver is definitely an Okada written anime, and as an Okadafag I loved every minute of it (well apart from them trying to kill me with an overload of moe in the last three/four episodes XD). Certainly wasn't flawless (even as someone who picked up Nico's crush on Tenga as early as the Test of Courage episode, I still think it came out of left field as an example) but I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Two thumbs up!

Takes my #2 spot of the season, right behind Macross Delta. There were only two anime this cour that I HAD to watch the moment the subs came online (not to mention these same two anime I rewatch for 'alternative translations'), and for a cour where I was overloaded following multiple series (I think it was like 20?), that's really saying something. Sadly, my tastes (or Okada's for the matter) don't align with the general otaku, and the poor reception of this will most probably put Okada into Trigger's blacklist, especially since I've heard she had a HUGE hand in the upheaval remaking of what was the original concept.
To be frank I already found it weird that Trigger ever considered making an Okada anime. Their style is most suited to comedy and action, not teen drama. This anime was a very odd beast but that's what made it somewhat fascinating and probably also what made me watch it through to the end, as normally I wouldn't have paid that much attention to this kind of story. But pretty much everything I liked about the show involved character design, visuals, direction; the writing was somewhere in-between "passable" and "bloody awful" to me, with the exception of that hilarious second episode and of the whole Maki arc which was pretty good drama-wise. But there was a lot of potential in the idea that was left completely unexplored in favour of bland speeches about friendship that didn't really go anywhere.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 13:00   Link #496
SethOfI

I liked this series, but I can't say I was particularly fond of the ending. Or rather, it's not that I didn't like the ending as such, given it resolved in a nice way and the only way one could hope for, but rather the buildup to the ending felt kind of weak to me. Like the rest of the series did a good job of portraying friendship, sadness and pain on an emotional level and in the end the resolution to everyone's problems felt perhaps in a sense rushed and not particularly impactful by comparison, at least for me.
SethOfI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 14:00   Link #497
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethOfI View Post
I liked this series, but I can't say I was particularly fond of the ending. Or rather, it's not that I didn't like the ending as such, given it resolved in a nice way and the only way one could hope for, but rather the buildup to the ending felt kind of weak to me. Like the rest of the series did a good job of portraying friendship, sadness and pain on an emotional level and in the end the resolution to everyone's problems felt perhaps in a sense rushed and not particularly impactful by comparison, at least for me.
Same here.
I think everything else was nice with a cool art style and good animation/OST. And i actually liked the characters what normally does not happen in drama shows i watch. Too bad this was not well received in Japan and BD sales are weak. We need more original animes and less crappy LN adaptations!
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 14:08   Link #498
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
Same here.
I think everything else was nice with a cool art style and good animation/OST. And i actually liked the characters what normally does not happen in drama shows i watch. Too bad this was not well received in Japan and BD sales are weak. We need more original animes and less crappy LN adaptations!
LNs gave us rezero this season. I'd rather LNs than originals if the quality of originals are gonna be this low especially with how bad kabaneri has been and how kiznaiver could have been a lot better.
Old 2016-06-30, 21:25   Link #499
DemonneoPT

Thing is, we rarelly have originals while for LN adaptations we have tons of it. Like 1/20 of those have some redeeming quality. That is why i said that in my previous post. I agree Kiznaiver could have been better and Kabaneri was the big disappointment of the season but it's still better than constantly seeing seasons filled with the same old harem cliches being used in the most terrible ways with people just caring about shippings and how "cute" the female characters are. At least with Kiznaiver we could actually discuss the plot and the motivations behind the characters. We really need some fresh air in the current anime meta
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 23:45   Link #500
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
Thing is, we rarelly have originals while for LN adaptations we have tons of it. Like 1/20 of those have some redeeming quality. That is why i said that in my previous post. I agree Kiznaiver could have been better and Kabaneri was the big disappointment of the season but it's still better than constantly seeing seasons filled with the same old harem cliches being used in the most terrible ways with people just caring about shippings and how "cute" the female characters are. At least with Kiznaiver we could actually discuss the plot and the motivations behind the characters. We really need some fresh air in the current anime meta
Not really, There are actually as much original or even more than there are light novel adaptions in most seasons. Spring 2016 had 4 light novel adaptions but 9 original works. Summer has two light novel adaptions and 8 original works. Even winter which had 7 LN adaptions, which is a lot compared to the average, had 6 original works airing.

Only counting the last two years or last 8 season, i can think of more LN adaptions that are more worthy to watch than originals so i disagree with your 1/20 assessment.