AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-31, 12:45   Link #481
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
*Head Smash... Repeatedly* I NEVER KNEW THAT! (Being Serious) Did Koyomi Find out, and his reactions are??
Of course he finds out and his reaction......frozen in time.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 12:55   Link #482
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Of course he finds out and his reaction......frozen in time.
His Sister's Reaction? Slap to the Face?
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 13:01   Link #483
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
His Sister's Reaction? Slap to the Face?
No reaction, they were still sleeping.
Old 2009-12-31, 13:11   Link #484
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Haha, okay okay you caught me... I did word it so it seems like he is distrustful of her. But you got to admit, it's kinda shocking when a man almost twice as old as you came up to you and said that your current girlfriend had a childhood crush on him and that she was like pudding in his hand. I mean can you imagine it, if Kaiki actually used his occult club knowledge to help her, she would probably be in his pants by now. Man, now that I think about it....not even I can look at Hitagi the same way!!!

Also, I won't say that he was actually beaten since he is freaking Kaiki and I'm sure he had a few tricks up his sleeve. I think he just didn't bother since it was to much of a drag. That's the thing with Kaiki, he LIES ALL THE TIME, I mean it is almost impossible to analysis a character when you can't take any of his words to heart.
To me, It seems like this is not the last time we see him in the novels, I may be wrong already, he may have appeared in the latest novel for all I care.
If he does come back, well I wonder what he would do to screw with Koyomi's life.
If he doesn't come back, well.... He knows when he is beaten... I guess.
Old 2009-12-31, 13:43   Link #485
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
To me, It seems like this is not the last time we see him in the novels, I may be wrong already, he may have appeared in the latest novel for all I care.
If he does come back, well I wonder what he would do to screw with Koyomi's life.
If he doesn't come back, well.... He knows when he is beaten... I guess.
Spoiler for Nise 2:

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 17:35   Link #486
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Spoiler for Nise 2:
That's why I LOVE Kaiki's character. He is just a fake in Nise 1, but after you read Nise 2, you'll realize his character is pure genius.

Speaking of speculations, anyone think the last club member will be some kind of ritualist/exorcist? I'm starting the think Mayoi will finally die in Kabuki. A Nisio novel without death just isn't very Nisio-like. One of the few things I like about Nisio is that he will kill off characters (I'm treating Medaka Box as an outlier) even though HE KNOWS they are popular characters.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 12:34   Link #487
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
That's why I LOVE Kaiki's character. He is just a fake in Nise 1, but after you read Nise 2, you'll realize his character is pure genius.

Speaking of speculations, anyone think the last club member will be some kind of ritualist/exorcist? I'm starting the think Mayoi will finally die in Kabuki. A Nisio novel without death just isn't very Nisio-like. One of the few things I like about Nisio is that he will kill off characters (I'm treating Medaka Box as an outlier) even though HE KNOWS they are popular characters.
I read a translation that he said he wanted a light and fun novel... no death of anyone... just fun.

Stop pidgeon holing authors,

Your comment is also a reason Nisio stated he did this. He does not want to be boxed (medka) into any specific genre.

He is a story teller that, like CLAMP, should be able to move around.

Nisio wants literary freedom, ESPECIALLY from fans
If I could only find the translation again....
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 13:41   Link #488
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
I read a translation that he said he wanted a light and fun novel... no death of anyone... just fun.

Stop pidgeon holing authors,

Your comment is also a reason Nisio stated he did this. He does not want to be boxed (medka) into any specific genre.

He is a story teller that, like CLAMP, should be able to move around.

Nisio wants literary freedom, ESPECIALLY from fans
If I could only find the translation again....
Haha, you don't really need to find it, I remember it well. Bake was written with 100% personal interest, Kizu was 150%, Nise was 200%. They are all part of the Author's Note at the end of each book. I'm just speculating what happen in the story and not what I want Nisio to write. He did mention he's writing two more books because he can't just leave poor Mayoi’s story unfinished. I just think "sending" her away would be a nice way to end it better than wandering aimlessly, and a best way to do that is with a ritualist, WHICH happens to fall in line with the fact someone always die when he's writing.

So it's not that always someone die in his novel that he should kill Mayoi~~~cause and effect is reversed @___@.
Old 2010-01-01, 15:32   Link #489
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Well since Mayoi is already dead, the only logical thing would be to let her transfer to another plain of exitence. Where do spirits go when people die ?

Mayoi isn't a demon or hell spawn, or malevolent ghost, so hell is out of the question.

and...

Nisio could choose to have Mayoi reborn to great mom and into a happy family.

Like Hanekawa's daughter or something at the end of cat story.
Old 2010-01-02, 09:19   Link #490
Kunagisa

Well according to Book Mail Club, several things are going on

1) Nisio finished writing Neko already
2) Starting Kabuki in the summer

Rest are unrelated so I'll post them elsewhere, but looks like we're getting the golden week arc first. In terms of pacing, I am happy that Hanekawa's story gets wrapped up first (if the plot ends up being somewhat conclusive).
Old 2010-01-02, 09:35   Link #491
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Well according to Book Mail Club, several things are going on

1) Nisio finished writing Neko already
2) Starting Kabuki in the summer

Rest are unrelated so I'll post them elsewhere, but looks like we're getting the golden week arc first. In terms of pacing, I am happy that Hanekawa's story gets wrapped up first (if the plot ends up being somewhat conclusive).
No matter how you look a it, a lot of people would be sadden if the series came to a real end right now. I mean 7 books is actually not a lot in terms of a light novel series. Personally, I think Nisio can write at least two more books about Kiss's past like one book about her time as a human and how she was turned into a vampire and one about her time when she was in Japan and when she me that samurai. Maybe one more about Araragi when he is in college.
Old 2010-01-02, 10:53   Link #492
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for question:

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for Question:
Old 2010-01-02, 11:05   Link #493
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Spoiler for question:

Spoiler for Question:
Well Hitagi admits that she would have fallen for anyone that had helped her. I don't know if Araragi thinks this way but personally I think the love she has for Koyomi is kinda cheap since she would just do anybody who is remotely nice to her.
Old 2010-01-02, 11:39   Link #494
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Well Hitagi admits that she would have fallen for anyone that had helped her. I don't know if Araragi thinks this way but personally I think the love she has for Koyomi is kinda cheap since she would just do anybody who is remotely nice to her.
Oh please...You can't compare how Hitagai is now to how she was before. She can read people and determine their intentions a lot better. She even explained in the Mayoi arc. She loves him not because he was nice to her, but because he is nice, period. Do you really think someone as intelligent as Hitagi wouldn't have analyzed her experiences to oblivion so that she wouldn't get taken advantage of again? In other worlds, she can and does differentiate feelings of obligation from actual affection.

Spoiler for Hitagi and Kaiki:

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2010-01-02, 19:40   Link #495
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
dude.... you are so pessimistic it is alarming.

You need to stop missinforming people.
Old 2010-01-02, 19:47   Link #496
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Oh please...You can't compare how Hitagai is now to how she was before. She can read people and determine their intentions a lot better. She even explained in the Mayoi arc. She loves him not because he was nice to her, but because he is nice, period. Do you really think someone as intelligent as Hitagi wouldn't have analyzed her experiences to oblivion so that she wouldn't get taken advantage of again? In other worlds, she can and does differentiate feelings of obligation from actual affection.

Spoiler for Hitagi and Kaiki:
Also Kaiki is the one that drove the last nail into the coffin ... .

Spoiler for Bringer of destruction:
Old 2010-01-02, 20:07   Link #497
Kunagisa

Quote:

I wouldn't say it's misinforming, more like it's what he believes it to be. Personal opinions differ!

With that said, I do agree with ickem a lot more on this. I'm more interested in what Kaiki finds Hitagi so interesting in the past.
Old 2010-01-02, 20:40   Link #498
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
I wouldn't say it's misinforming, more like it's what he believes it to be. Personal opinions differ!

With that said, I do agree with ickem a lot more on this. I'm more interested in what Kaiki finds Hitagi so interesting in the past.
Spoiler for Nise 1:

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2010-01-02, 20:54   Link #499
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:

And you need to learn what 'missinforming' means. He certainly was not miss-informing - he was just using an actual quote from the series to support his opinion. Of course, words in different context have different meanings, but as such he was not miss-informing anyone.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 21:23   Link #500
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:

An individuals opinion is based on their understanding.

If they misunderstand, then the opinion formed will be a misinterpreted one.

This can lead to a spread of further misunderstanding to other people who even understand less. Especially me.

Fine... colloquial use of misinform is a bad habit... I apologise.

however... ...

An individuals opinion is based on their understanding.

If they misunderstand, then the opinion formed will be a misinterpreted one.

Scratch that.... I think I am just making an ass of myself.

* goes back to work on trying to explain what i want to say.*

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance