Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-21, 00:05   Link #5041
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
Thinking about it, are you sure they'll adapt the first 5 volumes and not the first 3? I mean, Regin wasn't shown but Roland was, and Roland comes before Regin. For the Vanadis not shown by that point, two can show up via flashbacks, while the other 2 have minor appearances. After all, during that time Olga was travelling, and Valentina was snooping around helping Ganelon, so it's possible.
What do they gain by finishing the anime in half completed state? They would rather finish it with original plot if they really went with 3 volume, which I doubt.
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 04:57   Link #5042
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
What do they gain by finishing the anime in half completed state? They would rather finish it with original plot if they really went with 3 volume, which I doubt.
Mahous Sensou had a half completed state and they adapted 6 volumes?

Look at Blade Dance,the anime will barely scratch the actual Blade Dance tourney unless it'll have a season 2,which will depend on sales.And since the anime will be promoting the LN's they better just adapt from the source instead going anime original.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 05:04   Link #5043
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
Mahous Sensou had a half completed state and they adapted 6 volumes?

Look at Blade Dance,the anime will barely scratch the actual Blade Dance tourney unless it'll have a season 2,which will depend on sales.And since the anime will be promoting the LN's they better just adapt from the source instead going anime original.
At least both completed the arc, what the heck do you think will happen if Madan anime stop at Roland getting killed, Thernadier and Galenon still trotting around, Ellen and Liz gone and the huge invasion of Muozinel army will result?
Old 2014-09-21, 05:23   Link #5044
zerozeronine

Quote:
At least both completed the arc, what the heck do you think will happen if Madan anime stop at Roland getting killed, Thernadier and Galenon still trotting around, Ellen and Liz gone and the huge invasion of Muozinel army will result?
They would have better just made it split 2 cour instead of 1,because I don't want to watch another Mahou Sensou that adapted 6 volumes in 12 eps,5 volumes in 12 eps will leave a bad taste in LN and even anime only viewers mouths.Anime original end will be just as bad.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 05:37   Link #5045
laon
Hantai

Well too bad, read the last few pages for discussion about 2nd season possibility with all the facts we know so far.
Old 2014-09-21, 10:06   Link #5046
ikramit

Quote:
People will buy the LN to find out what happened next and it will serve as an advert for the LN if the sales of which do improve, would also increases the chance of a S2 even more so now that log horizon is under studio Deen and the only reason we said it wont get a S2 is if it gets a mostly anime original story or it covers 5 volumes in which case there is little point in doing so. Also if you talking about quality of anime 3Vs is a better way to go then 5Vs when its one cour

Last edited by ikramit; 2014-09-21 at 10:28.
ikramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 10:31   Link #5047
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Sigh, it is too bad anime original stuff that's only loosely based on another media does so bad. I remember the fiasco with Gonzo and their version of Rosario+Vampire. I kept touting it as 25 minute advertizements for the manga. It seems that's all these light novel based anime are these days when they heavily deviate from the original.
Old 2014-09-21, 10:43   Link #5048
ikramit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Sigh, it is too bad anime 5 original stuff that's only loosely based on another media does so bad. I remember the fiasco with Gonzo and their version of Rosario+Vampire. I kept touting it as 25 minute advertizements for the manga. It seems that's all these light novel based anime are these days when they heavily deviate from the original.
I agree and that's why I would also say that an adaptation of 3Vs which sticks mostly to the LN even if it where just advert for said LN would still be better than 5V adaptation which would just be a train wreck and heavily deviate from the original

Last edited by ikramit; 2014-09-21 at 12:28.
Old 2014-09-21, 11:06   Link #5049
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikramit View Post
People will buy the LN to find out what happened next and it will serve as an advert for the LN if the sales of which do improve, would also increases the chance of a S2 even more so now that log horizon is under studio Deen and the only reason we said it wont get a S2 is if it gets a mostly anime original story or it covers 5 volumes in which case there is little point in doing so. Also if you talking about quality of anime 3Vs is a better way to go then 5Vs when its one cour
That worked out so well with Mahou Senshou (even thought it completed the arc, it left even bigger question hanging). Where is this confidence that -> anime left hanging = MOAR LN SALES come from? I saw many of the contrary but what LN did this and get better boost than Anime LN that completed an arc?
Old 2014-09-21, 12:21   Link #5050
Newhope

Quote:
That worked out so well with Mahou Senshou (even thought it completed the arc, it left even bigger question hanging). Where is this confidence that -> anime left hanging = MOAR LN SALES come from? I saw many of the contrary but what LN did this and get better boost than Anime LN that completed an arc?
Give it a rest please.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 12:24   Link #5051
ikramit

Quote:
Mahou Senshou was crap thats why no one brought the LN not because of the ending as for why I think 3V adaptation would generate more sales its simple because theirs a very high chance that if they do an adaptations of 3v rather then a 5v adaptation the overall anime will be of a much higher quality then the cluster f**k we are going to get otherwise with 5v adaptation and why would anyone who watches a bad anime that makes no sense then go out of their way to go and buy the LN its based on when they don't even know if it will any good, and when thier first impression in this cause the anime is terrible why would they bother. They will also know all the major plot points for the first 5 Vs in which case again why bother. That was the case with me and black bullet even when I know it was rushed and the LN could be much better the fact that I already know what's going to happen turned me off. NGNL had an open ending but a lot of people liked the anime and this reflected in LN sales.

Last edited by ikramit; 2014-09-21 at 13:28.
Old 2014-09-21, 19:34   Link #5052
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I don't know. Would it been better if an anime adapted properly, would instead of trying to come up with a BS ending to just instead have the characters do a shameless plug for it's source material with like, "If you want to know what happens after this, go buy these." and hold up a few of the light novels in their hands before winking at the audience and fading to black or going to the end credits?
Old 2014-09-21, 20:18   Link #5053
ikramit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
I don't know. Would it been better if an anime adapted properly, would instead of trying to come up with a BS ending to just instead have the characters do a shameless plug for it's source material with like, "If you want to know what happens after this, go buy these." and hold up a few of the light novels in their hands before winking at the audience and fading to black or going to the end credits?
"anime adapted properly" it's a shame but were not talking about a anime that's going to be adapted properly were talking about madan that has 12 eps then the question is not about a good adaption but whats the best pick out of the two most likely occurrences both of which are not great one is a 5v adaption where everything is rushed, large amounts are skipped and nothing makes sense or a 3v adaption were we get a much better 2/3 of the show with an anticlimax for an ending. So choice do you think an anime that's bad throughout or an anime that just has a bad ending is better? For me 3V adaption of madan is much better as a whole and we might get a S2

Last edited by ikramit; 2014-09-23 at 05:51.
Old 2014-09-21, 23:03   Link #5054
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Is it just me or does Rim's face look ... bad compared to Ellen's?

I kinda remember it the other way around from Covers, artwork and so on oO

Quote:
"anime adapted properly" it's a shame but were not talking about a anime that's going to be adapted properly were talking about madan that has 12 eps
Has the number of actual episodes even been announced yet?
myAnimeList.com still has it as an unknown number of episodes.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 23:37   Link #5055
laon
Hantai

Lim looks fine to me, she is described as having stern look and older than Ellen, the anime design fit her. http://www.madan-anime.jp/character.html?c=z2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Give it a rest please.
No.

Quote:
Mahou Senshou was crap thats why no one brought the LN not because of the ending as for why I think 3V adaptation would generate more sales its simple because theirs a very high chance that if they do an adaptations of 3v rather then a 5v adaptation the overall anime will be of a much higher quality then the cluster f**k we are going to get otherwise with 5v adaptation and why would anyone who watches a bad anime that makes no sense then go out of their way to go and buy the LN its based on when they don't even know if it will any good, and when thier first impression in this cause the anime is terrible why would they bother. They will also know all the major plot points for the first 5 Vs in which case again why bother. That was the case with me and black bullet even when I know it was rushed and the LN could be much better the fact that I already know what's going to happen turned me off. NGNL had an open ending but a lot of people liked the anime and this reflected in LN sales.
Well okay, you can continue to have negative outlook of this, I don't really care. It is what it is, and all point sign that this will get 5 volume adapted.
Old 2014-09-21, 23:57   Link #5056
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Lim looks fine to me, she is described as having stern look and older than Ellen, the anime design fit her.
She looked like that in the manga and novel too, yet a lot better than her anime version.
Might be personal preference of arty styles though.

I looked at the map and finally got an idea which country is Zchteld and which one is Brune and it makes me wonder why they say that the story is based in western Europe while its actually eastern Europe

I admit the map isn't 1:1 with the actual landscape, but its still more east and than west.

When i first saw the map I thought Zchteld was supposed to be a representation for the HRE and Brune for France, while it actually was Brune = HRE and Zchteld parts of the Ukraine, Russia, Poland and Hungary...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 04:44   Link #5057
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
It is what it is, and all point sign that this will get 5 volume adapted.
I don't think 'all points' do sign that though. Some points do, but not all.

Heck, if you assume and consider the picture of Tigre and Ellen surrounded by the other Vanadis is canon, then it'll be a completely new original story.

Btw, it's 13 episodes now. They edited the episode list (remember what I said about it was weird the first volume of BD have 3, but the second start at 3 too? Yes, it was their mistake).
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 10:24   Link #5058
laon
Hantai

That main image sites is obviously for eyecatcher and sort of explain the content of the anime...
Old 2014-09-22, 11:54   Link #5059
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
I don't think 'all points' do sign that though. Some points do, but not all.

Heck, if you assume and consider the picture of Tigre and Ellen surrounded by the other Vanadis is canon, then it'll be a completely new original story.

Btw, it's 13 episodes now. They edited the episode list (remember what I said about it was weird the first volume of BD have 3, but the second start at 3 too? Yes, it was their mistake).
At the very least, 13 episodes is better than 12.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 12:58   Link #5060
ikramit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
At the very least, 13 episodes is better than 12.
ture, and I was thinking if we get a 3v adaptation (no Regin makes me think maybe this is more likely? because why would they remove a harem member I doubt they would)then the first volume can be covered in 3 eps and volume 2/3 can have 5 eps each which to me at least does not sound too bad as for the vanadis that do not appear in volume 3 they can be written in by way of flash back or meeting at the kings palace

Last edited by ikramit; 2014-09-22 at 13:20.

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)