AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-02-04, 21:02   Link #5101
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Reading that chapter, I find it rather funny that most people including Ariel and Kuro IIRC find it hard to guess what's on her mind when it's mostly filled with nonsense (well, most of the time) Also I don't know whether it's because Kumo has her essence or that she spent her time reading Kumo thoughts when she stalk her, but D is pretty impressive to be able to guess what's on Kumo's mind that easily

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 21:23   Link #5102
cabman11

But.... how do we know they don't share the same thinking pattern?
D is the original so....

What we've learned is that shiro on the outside looks like a very serious person, but on the inside is an idiot.
What about D?
She's the original source of this idiot.
We know her on the outside... But what about on the inside? They even share the same hobbies and lazy habits.
And you can't say her being a spider has anything to do with it, because spiders don't think or have personality.
Old 2016-02-04, 22:02   Link #5103
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
But.... how do we know they don't share the same thinking pattern?
D is the original so....

What we've learned is that shiro on the outside looks like a very serious person, but on the inside is an idiot.
What about D?
She's the original source of this idiot.
We know her on the outside... But what about on the inside? They even share the same hobbies and lazy habits.
And you can't say her being a spider has anything to do with it, because spiders don't think or have personality.
and spiders are not lazy they are very industrial.
Old 2016-02-05, 09:15   Link #5104
Breimn

Blood 30 discomfort out
When will we get back to war? ;_;
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 10:18   Link #5105
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
and spiders are not lazy they are very industrial.
The way the author describes Kumoko/Shiro (Q&A10) is interesting. She gets "Sloth" because all she really wants is a nice comfy life and to relax... but is willing to work hard to reliably achieve that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Blood 30 discomfort out
When will we get back to war? ;_;
I quite like these recent chapters. I'm looking forwards to the time when I can translate them.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 10:20   Link #5106
Wurstorff

It'll be some time until the Elf Invasion. Sophia doesn't have her necromancy/queen of undead stuff yet I don't think.
Wurstorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 11:31   Link #5107
Amuris

So Kuro put Kyouya in the same kinda recovery state as Shiro was when she used Egg Revival? Sophia's right, probably would have been better to try and weaken both of them...

Anyway, I guess we won't see them get another ruler skill anytime soon.

also, three cheers for staring intently at eachother uncomfortably while alone in a room.
Old 2016-02-05, 18:50   Link #5108
kari-no-sugata II

Latest chapter (Christmas special) translated.

Will our dear spider god ever find love? She seems happy enough to ogle dandy older men but not much more than that... so far. It doesn't really matter though - this isn't a story where romance matters much.
Old 2016-02-05, 19:02   Link #5109
Amuris

who knows? Maybe she'll find someone who's super tasty, fills her up in a few bites, and can recover from that quickly(pretty much Sophia) like her cousin Mio did.
Old 2016-02-06, 09:14   Link #5110
Breimn

New ch up(raw). MC going around the world leaving books to people lol . (yandere sister and pope)
There is a limit to how much one can't talk.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 14:36   Link #5111
Amuris

wait, so, pope had Chastity? That would make him...what?...the ruler of wizards?
Old 2016-02-06, 16:01   Link #5112
myopius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuris View Post
wait, so, pope had Chastity? That would make him...what?...the ruler of wizards?
Diligence. I'm hoping the imouto will pick up chastity.

I think we now know all the rulers. (Or did we already, but I just hadn't made full use of the process of elimination? Well, anyway, I made a list.)

Quote:
Shiro: 傲岸、怠惰、忍耐 (Pride, Sloth, Patience)
Sophia: 嫉妬 (Envy)
Wrath: 憤怒 (Wrath)
Ariel: 暴食 (Gluttony)
Pope: 節制 (Temperance)
Oka (formerly Shiro): 救恤 (Charity)
Potimas: 勤勉 (Diligence)
Shun (later): 慈悲 (Kindness)
Natsume (later): 色欲 (Lust), 強欲 (Greed)
None Yet (Shiro is seeking candidates): 謙譲 (Humility), 純潔 (Chastity)
Main source:
Spoiler:
Huh, it's interesting that all the seven deadly sins are possessed by Shiro + her allies + Natsume.

Spoiler for Unrelated speculation:
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 16:13   Link #5113
cabman11

She's not connected to the system anymore.
There's no way in the hell with her best skill set in just pure power that you ever have problem dealing with him.
Her base level is already beyond limits of the system.

And I think what you're getting at is the bug they were talking about. It's only a problem for her because she can't return that energy back to the system. It is wasted on her when she gets the title. ie the energy but she can't return it because she's not connected back to the system.

Even if he had the entire support of the system maxed out with all the skills maxed out he couldn't win against her
Old 2016-02-06, 16:40   Link #5114
Amuris

wait, then what is this line?

Spoiler for today's chapter:

also, how would taking gluttony from her take the Maou part as well? They're unrelated.

edit: never mind. I get both that and temperance as "moderation". GT takes it as "abstinence".
Old 2016-02-06, 17:47   Link #5115
myopius

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
And I think what you're getting at is the bug they were talking about. It's only a problem for her because she can't return that energy back to the system. It is wasted on her when she gets the title. ie the energy but she can't return it because she's not connected back to the system.
What bothers me is just the foreshadowing...
Spoiler:
Quote:
also, how would taking gluttony from her take the Maou part as well? They're unrelated.
Spoiler:
Old 2016-02-06, 18:49   Link #5116
kari-no-sugata II

Heh, the author has been working hard the last few days, making it harder for me to catch up

Talking of which, latest translated chapter is out. In a way, there's a hidden battle behind the scenes between Shiro and Oka-chan, though only Shiro knows about it.
Old 2016-02-06, 19:08   Link #5117
Amuris

@myopius

...wait...wasn't it said earlier that the Hero system will compensate for the difference in strength against the Maou? Like, something about a special attack powered by the system? If that's the case, wouldn't Shiro be in danger as well? She's trying to get a way to use Ruler Authority to better hack the system now, right? Wouldn't interfering with the Maoyuu system itself once she gets access be smarter?

Spoiler for segway:

Quick! Take cover! Shiro's aiming for the 4th wall!

Last edited by Amuris; 2016-02-06 at 19:22.
Amuris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 19:25   Link #5118
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
@myopius

...wait...wasn't it said earlier that the Hero system will compensate for the difference in strength against the Maou? Like, something about a special attack powered by the system? If that's the case, wouldn't Shiro be in danger as well? She's trying to get a way to use Ruler Authority to better hack the system now, right? Wouldn't interfering with the Maoyuu system itself once she gets access be smarter?
Shiro is no longer in the system
Ariel is the one who needs to be wary of the "hero." since she is till in the system and has the Maou title.
Old 2016-02-06, 19:34   Link #5119
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Shiro is no longer in the system
Ariel is the one who needs to be wary of the "hero." since she is till in the system and has the Maou title.
And considering that it's that monster of all people it's safe to say she can't be beaten within the system even by the hero.
The shere amount of abilities in her disposal make it near possible to be here within the system.
And isn't she already impervious to everything?

The only way I see her losing without him getting instantly vaporized is by some plot induce stupidity or deus ex machina the likes of which has never been seen.
Because I remember her capable of reducing people to paste on the wall with just physical strength alone.
When it comes to fights she doesn't seem to be a person that plays with her meal. She just go straight for the kill.
Then we add just about every other skill she's mastered over the years.

And didn't she already comment that it's already impossible for anyone in the system to beat Ariel even with all that?
Quote:
@myopius

Fundamentally nothing in the system can affect their except high level dimension magic.
And that in itself involve stuff like space destruction and black holes in the likes.
It's already practically impossible for anyone to get that

And it seems that you forgot that the "system" itself is nothing more than elaborate magic.
there's nothing really that "special" to it.
There's no special light attributes that counter against dark attributes.
All of that only functions in the system.

Plus the maximum boost the system gives is. 99999
Her base lowest power currently without raising it is over hundred thousand.
Nothing in the system is honestly that special

Last edited by cabman11; 2016-02-06 at 19:45.
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 20:19   Link #5120
myopius

Quote:
@myopius

Yeah, I think that compensation was implied. Here's one of the relevant sections, which I ended up looking up.
Spoiler:
As for whether Shiro would be in danger (theoretically)... I think it depends on the degree of assistance provided by the system. The system itself has a huge amount of energy. She plans to obtain all the ruler authorities, and remove the maoyuu system too, in order to provide the missing 10% of the system's energy, but I forget exactly what order she plans to do that in.

Shiro isn't "in" the system any more, but the system is fundamentally just a way of turning souls into computers which produce skills based on the soul's power, something which Shiro now has to do manually. She can do more now that's she outside the system, and the power of her soul is god-level, but considering how big a deal the MA energy shortage is, I think that the system's total power is clearly not an amount of power that any god can easily match.

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation