Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-16, 12:50   Link #501
klare

even have seen quite a few time looping show, still an interesting eps

next eps they should tell us the mystery of the dog/dogs
Old 2012-08-19, 11:44   Link #502
Blaat

Well I can come out of the closet: I've been closet shipping the main character with assistant-kun since the beginning but now I can be open about it so yay.
Old 2012-08-19, 14:00   Link #503
Dop
Mmmm....

Fruit flies like an arrow but time flies like a banana, or....
Spoiler for episode 8:
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 14:04   Link #504
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Spoiler for episode 8:
Pretty much, which makes the entire situation funny or sick and wrong depending how serious you want to look at it.
Old 2012-08-19, 15:08   Link #505
Shadow5YA

Tanaka Romeo has one silly sense of humor. Only he would set up an entire story arc just to make a pun.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 15:42   Link #506
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I don't know why, but the doctor with her lace bra sticking up out of her blouse, and the arrow cut in her skirt pointing to her genitals, cracks me up.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 17:29   Link #507
Random Wanderer

UGH. They explain the whole dog thing in two sentences and make a horrible pun in the process.

I did not get what happened with the ?th time until Watashi was talking to her grandfather on the way home. Then suddenly everything made sense.

It's odd that the fairies somehow got a whole army of her despite only looping her five times. So... ok, I guess not qute everything makes sense yet. But it's probably as close to sense as this series is ever going to make.

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 8:
Yeah, I figured that out when she said "You called it a present, but actually you took it from her."

Quote:
Pretty much, which makes the entire situation funny or sick and wrong depending how serious you want to look at it.
At least she didn't end up being her own grandmother. That sort of thing has happened in other time-travel tales.

Also, full props to Nakahara Mai. Her awesome voice as Watashi is what makes this show. I loved the narration in this episode.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 17:33   Link #508
Forsaken_Infinity

Holy shit that was brilliant lol.

Where'd the doc go though?
Old 2012-08-19, 17:41   Link #509
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 8:
The classic "grandfarther paradoxgs"
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 18:26   Link #510
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Seriously, words cannot do justice to how effing brilliant this show is.

I mean, to come up with the exquisitely constructed scenario, delicate as a spider's web, touching on questions of identity and perception, then to incorporate some real emotion and finally, to end with that pun - wow.

Thank goodness for anime, that's all I have to say.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2012-08-19 at 18:40.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 20:05   Link #511
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
UGH. They explain the whole dog thing in two sentences and make a horrible pun in the process.
I was wondering if that is also a pun in Japanese, or if we're being trolled?

Quote:
I did not get what happened with the ?th time until Watashi was talking to her grandfather on the way home. Then suddenly everything made sense.
First time in a while I had to watch an episode twice because I couldn't get my head around it the first time.

Quote:
It's odd that the fairies somehow got a whole army of her despite only looping her five times. So... ok, I guess not qute everything makes sense yet. But it's probably as close to sense as this series is ever going to make.
My guess (I haven't read the series and I'm not gathering it is necessarily answered there either) is that she "multiplied" each loop. IOW, there were two of her after the first, then those two met two more (4), then those four met four more (8)...

Quote:
At least she didn't end up being her own grandmother. That sort of thing has happened in other time-travel tales.
Didn't seem to hurt Mr. Fry, but then the series has been cancelled at least once so...
Old 2012-08-19, 20:26   Link #512
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Fuku Jun as Joshu-kun FTW... Does he speak for the rest of the series now, I wonder - and how does that work, is this arc is apparently the first one in the continuity?
Old 2012-08-19, 20:36   Link #513
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
I was wondering if that is also a pun in Japanese, or if we're being trolled?
It was spoken in English. The author very definitely knew what he was saying. I don't know what the term for "time paradox" is in Japanese, or if there even is one, but what Assistant said wouldn't have been in English if it wasn't meant to be a pun.

Oh, and people can finally put down a voice-actor for Assistant, now that he's spoken.

Quote:
My guess (I haven't read the series and I'm not gathering it is necessarily answered there either) is that she "multiplied" each loop. IOW, there were two of her after the first, then those two met two more (4), then those four met four more (8)...
I don't know. It seemed like there was only one more each time until suddenly that final time there were like 100. And most of them were from the post-?th-time loop, because only the three who had been there before that time had the sundial watch. Now, one of them in the prior loop did say they'd probably need a hundred more people, and the "original" Watashi objected, saying that the fairies would bring 100 more people (100 more of her, to be exact) if she said that. It seems to me that the fairies interpreted that literally and altered their banana to somehow multiply her many times over, but while I can sort of vaguely explain the idea of multiplying her through time travel and a disconnected space, I start getting lost when a single loop can somehow result in 100 new copies showing up.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 20:44   Link #514
Forsaken_Infinity

I thought it was pretty obvious that the Looping happened many times. They snatched her at a different spot every time because they had to as they couldn't snatch her up from a particular time more than once. So some of it happened after, some before and some whenever. There were definitely more than five. But the fifth time she went through the loop, she had landed from some other loop after presumably being snatched from after the loop where she met her Grandpa who stole her (his?) watch from her.

Heck, the girls even implied that some of them were (voluntarily) there from a time after she meets with the assistant when they told her that she should rather be asking what she wants the assistant to look like. They already knew the assistant was gonna take on whatever identity they were going to talk about. They also told her she would find the assistant pretty soon if she had just come back from a trip really far back in time. They definitely knew what was going on alright. At least the ones without a watch did. That means the fairies took Watashi from even after she found the real assistant ._.
Old 2012-08-19, 21:09   Link #515
00Coyote

Greatest previous episode recap ever spoken:

"I came, I saw, I slipped."

And one horribly awesome, blatantly obtuse pun to grace the halls of anime.

This show is awesome.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 23:28   Link #516
whitecloud

several things i need to ask....
1. where the hell is the sundial came from then?(paradox)?
2.is watashi grandma the teacher? the grandpa is kicked ot because procreating with the teacher...at !#13!!!
3.how does she feel being groped by her own grandpa...?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 01:19   Link #517
Lota

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
3.how does she feel being groped by her own grandpa...?
The right question should be: How did her grandpa feel when he saw what she grew up to look like?

Anyways, a great episode. Laughed a lot, it was really fun. And OMG, the pun is just... so bad it's good.
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 01:23   Link #518
novalysis

Is this whole series taking place in reverse chronological order? I 'm getting that kind of impression, and of the OP is any indication, I think sometime in the next few episodes, we'd see a story from the time our MC was still in school.

I've also noticed the bannana peel in the ED. Is the OP and ED hinting at how this series will progress?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 01:35   Link #519
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm not sure if Grandpa knows who that girl he met as a 13 year-old is or not. I think a case can be made either way.

In terms of continuity, it's almost surely 7, 8, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 4.
Old 2012-08-20, 02:04   Link #520
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bootstrap_paradox
TIME PARADOGS.
What a terrible punchline.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen