2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.70%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-11, 16:22   Link #501
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Man I've watched so much Gundam it's embarrassing...I knew then what I know now...I knew episode 2 when Graham introduced himself to Exia and said "I'm Graham Acre, the man whose heart your existence has stolen..." I knew then what kind of character he would be and was on his bandwagon pretty much earlier than anyone...
Not me. Episode 1, fool!
Quote:
He's done nothing to change my opinion other than the fact I was wrong about him being Setsuna's rival (As it seems he's everyones rival)...`
Meh, I really, really want to see a Graham-Allelujah dogfight, complete with transformations, extreme maneuvers, and collisions.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 16:24   Link #502
hamstar
just passing by

I liked the ownage graham is dishing out each episode but his character is a bit one-dimentional for me.
Old 2008-02-11, 16:26   Link #503
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
I liked the ownage graham is dishing out each episode but his character is a bit one-dimentional for me.
I don't know about one-deminsional, but this is quickly becoming "Gundam 00, starring Graham Acre of the Union" more than "Gundam 00, starring the Meisters of Celestial Being."
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 16:28   Link #504
Hage-bai
Banned

Its looking more like the ultimate enemy will come from within CB itself.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 16:28   Link #505
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
It was said somewhere that the sabers can remain active without direct output from the GN Drives for a limited time. That's why Graham was able to cleave Eins's right arm off, and then the saber particles dissipated seconds after Johann retreated.
Did the particles dissipate because the beam saber ran out of power, or because Graham turned it off since he was unable to keep fighting?
Unless the saber can get energy through the gundam's hand, the power supply for the beam saber on it's own is probably pretty good, and it get's recharged when it's put away...

a study of the beam saber however should still provide some answers for the scientists... it may not aloow them reproduce them like i thouht they might, but it will still provide clues
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 16:32   Link #506
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
From the preview it appears that the Thrones are going to duel him one on one, Michael as the start. It'll be a good oppurtunity to see the real difference between O# Gundams and Throne Gundams. It'll be a short fight and before any damage can be done, someone will show up and stop Setsuna or the Thrones will stomp him and leave him to stew in his own juices.

The anomosity doesn't seem to be mutual. The Trinity doesn't care about the Meisters at all.
Not sure EXIA is C.Q.C gundam and johanns Gundam is damage digi.amuro said it best
Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
Ein minus 1 arm and weapon means better odds for Setsuna IMO. I think the most trouble Setsuna may have is with the GN Fangs. The Throne pilots are just...lame. Besides, Drei is just defense/support primarily, Ein is long distance, and Zwei is the only real challenge being the only Melee fighter and having, again, the fangs. The biggest threat otherwise is that triple throne cannon on Ein's back. LAWLZ if Setsuna unleashes Exia's full power like when he fought Ali the first or second time and PAWNZ them alittle.

Lets give Graham a Sazabi or something in that class and set him loose on the Thrones.

Maybe a Flagesse from the ridiclous picture thread
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 16:41   Link #507
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinegundam View Post
Not sure EXIA is C.Q.C gundam and johanns Gundam is damage digi.amuro said it best
I stated what I believe to be the most likely scenario. Setsuna isn't taking all three of Thrones on at once. Michael's going to duel him since they have similar suits, while the other two watch. Presumably Setsuna struggles a bit before gaining the upper hand, which is when the other Thrones intervene.

Or Michael simply gives him a beat down.

Either way, I doubt their fight will establish anything more than the Meisters and Thrones not getting along for the foreseeable future.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 16:51   Link #508
Ichimaru

Spoiler:
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 16:55   Link #509
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Not me. Episode 1, fool!

Well ep 1 I thought he was cool (Especially how he was breaking down the AEU's new suit), but I had to wait and see his mobile suit skills (and demeanor while fighting) to have that ultimate clarity...And that first scene of him fighting gave me that charismatic jolt that the mask, blonde-hair, glasses-guys, usually have...Now keep in mind I always go into G-series wanting these characters to be my favorite, but it doesn't always work...In Turn-A I like Guin Lineford more than Harry Ord...In Gundam X I think I liked a few characters more than Jamil Neate...In V Gundam Chronicle Asher didn't really get my blood going...So it doesn't always work, but Graham is the closest to what I enjoy from these types of characters...

@hamstar - As for being 1-dimensional I'll object to that considering his demeanor towards the Gundams have turned from excitement and wonder, to a boundless challenge, to hate and disposition...I'd say his emotions concerning the Gundams (and his own sense of personal pride) has changed dramatically from those early episodes when the Gundams were just a source of uncontained thrill for him...The emotions he showed toward Howard Mason's death and his own misgivings as being the Captain of a failed FLAG team has shown much more depth to his character than you're giving credit...
Old 2008-02-11, 16:58   Link #510
Ichimaru

Quote:
I don't know about one-deminsional, but this is quickly becoming "Gundam 00, starring Graham Acre of the Union" more than "Gundam 00, starring the Meisters of Celestial Being."
More like TOPGUN

what he needs now is some pimpin
Old 2008-02-11, 17:36   Link #511
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
I stated what I believe to be the most likely scenario. Setsuna isn't taking all three of Thrones on at once. Michael's going to duel him since they have similar suits, while the other two watch. Presumably Setsuna struggles a bit before gaining the upper hand, which is when the other Thrones intervene.

Either way, I doubt their fight will establish anything more than the Meisters and Thrones not getting along for the foreseeable future.
It will be a very interesting fight can Setsuna get past the fangs to land a blow to Michael or will it be too much for him. Im not sure if Setsuna is as motivated when he fought Ali but that look in his eyes says he is ready to dish out some punishment. Michael seems like the kind of pilot who gets to emotionally in a fight and makes mistakes when he has an enemy that kind actually give him a run. So far the Thrones except for Eins has only faced small fry. Lets see how cocky they are when they have someone who can dish it out. God i was to see Graham in a Gundam.
Old 2008-02-11, 17:42   Link #512
kari-no-sugata

Quote:

The preview already shows Setsuna fighting Michael with the other two watching (Johan's suit's damaged, and Nena's is more of a support MS). Besides, I'm sure trigger-happy sis-con would be glad to have a chance to kill Setsuna. However, the preview shows Setsuna beating Michael back - whether that's before or after Michael has launched his GN Fangs would be interesting... (before, I suspect)
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 17:56   Link #513
digi.amuro

Quote:
From the preview it appears that the Thrones are going to duel him one on one, Michael as the start. It'll be a good oppurtunity to see the real difference between O# Gundams and Throne Gundams. It'll be a short fight and before any damage can be done, someone will show up and stop Setsuna or the Thrones will stomp him and leave him to stew in his own juices.

The anomosity doesn't seem to be mutual. The Trinity doesn't care about the Meisters at all.
I know, but its fun to imagine.
as far as Michael goes, he's got enough animosity, which is either good for Setsuna or bad for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinegundam View Post

Lets give Graham a Sazabi or something in that class and set him loose on the Thrones.

Maybe a Flageese from the ridiclous picture thread
Flagesse!That would be awesome.
Old 2008-02-11, 17:59   Link #514
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Oh god thats just scary I dont think he will go that far but he will take some steps. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets involved with Setsuna somehow. The worlds reaction would be interesting to watch if someone got footage of 2 gundams fighting each other. At this rate Im really seeing the Gundams aligning themselves with the Governments of the world eventually. After witnessing the Thrones attacks on civilians and Setsuna attacking them i cant see how both parties could ever work together when their beliefs are so different. I usually dont trust OP and ED but its obvious we are going to have a fight between the Meisters and the Thrones. Although i think Setsuna did the right things im not sure anyone else will stand behind on this, it was very rash.

Does anyone think that Saji's sister will actually find a way to contact C.B. and that might be a starting points for Saji getting involved with the Gundams?
I don't expect Gundams aligning with the superpowers anytime soon Nor do i see any reason why should they. Truth be told, i honestly don't think the Thrones stand any chance at all if faced against the meisters in a battle. For one thing they are outnumbered, for second i believe the original team is much better suited for duels (suit specification wise). Zwei is, probably, the only of the Throne gundams with good anti-gundam capabilities against "equal" opponents. Third: i believe the original ones to be better pilots.

If it comes to direct confrontation, the original meisters are unlikely to need any help in dispatching the Thrones. Though i am sure the Thrones must realize this as well, so lets see what will they come up with. (Going by the preview, it seems they might stir something up within the original team)
Old 2008-02-11, 18:03   Link #515
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Not really, I mean just because of one scene that made Graham look awesome it does not mean that the show is focusing on lot of Graham. To be honest 00 did very well on showing bit of different characters evenly.

Though the Thrones are very interesting, but my main interest in 00 currently is really Saji's character development. I think it's very interesting to see how he will change and grow from now on.
Old 2008-02-11, 18:15   Link #516
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Well since the Louise topic won't die down...

At least we get left with Louise minus her hand--rather than her hand minus Louise--and a cell phone for Saji to angst over
Old 2008-02-11, 18:53   Link #517
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Not really, I mean just because of one scene that made Graham look awesome it does not mean that the show is focusing on lot of Graham. To be honest 00 did very well on showing bit of different characters evenly.

Though the Thrones are very interesting, but my main interest in 00 currently is really Saji's character development. I think it's very interesting to see how he will change and grow from now on.
Graham was MIA for like 5 straight eps, kinda like Ali is now...It's just that his scenes tend to be more impactful...I agree the show hasn't really focused on him much more in comparison...I mean minus Graham's awesome battle, this ep had so many subplots and other shocking material...The whole informant subplot almost gets swept under the rug compared to other things that take place this ep...Normally a subplot like that (the informant) could be worthy of a whole ep of focus, but here it's just dust-mites to Graham's anger and Louise's deathblow...

Shifting gears to Sanji I wouldn't be totally against a second season time-skip where he becomes a pilot (Could he rationally join the Union? Be a FLAG-Fighter? Is that plausible?) I mean this is Gundam, where pi$$ed off kids become mobile suit pilots to get their revenge...I wouldn't be against it if it was done well...
Old 2008-02-11, 19:07   Link #518
Rion Steiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Well since the Louise topic won't die down...

At least we get left with Louise minus her hand--rather than her hand minus Louise--and a cell phone for Saji to angst over
Holy... Thats a bull's eye right there and that would even suck more. I'm glad it didn't end that way. But it might be better for Louise since she wont have to feel any pain cause it would end right there together with her relatives. For Saji? That'll whip him for good. At first I thought you were ranting about Louise the next second I was "oh... oh!.. OH!! >_<".

As shocking as Ep 18 might be, I still have that deep feeling that Neena will be forgiven by fans and the even of Louise will just be the thing of the past. "People move on things happen" I Doubt anyone in this series will do any Justice for Louise personally.

I can predict what will happen next
- Setsuna meets Saji again
- Saji tells Setsuna about Louise
- Setsuna goes to Louise
- Strong pain and regret starts growin inside Setsuna for realising someone innocent that he knows close by lost alot in their life. That was the main reason why he distanced himself from others which he realized he failed right at the moment he met Saji.
- Setsuna comforts Louise and does a way better job than Saji since he has more experience in living with her pain. He also apologized about the rude comments he said to her before.
- Setsuna then promised Louise to protect her with his life
- Not knowing Setsuna's background and his real ability, Louise thanked him and starts to grow feelings for him.
- Neena discovered Setsuna's new friend and went 100% "Hauenkua mode" our of Jealousy and superiority
- In the process of protecting Louise, Setsuna revealed his true identity to her. Seeing 2 Grim Reapers cutting each other throat discovering 1 of them was a person she thought would protect her, Oblivion consumed her mind.
- oh and about Saji? I dont know, dies while delivering his pizza?....

なんちゃって!!!

Yes I'm a lowly engineer with a SetsunaxLouise passion inside and I might be the only one of my kind which is a good thing in a way. Right now there is no other female character that comes close in knowing how Setsuna's painful past feels other than Louise herself.

As for Graham:
Gundam 00's new Char = Yes
Gundam 00's new ultimate villain = **** HELL NO!!
Gundam 00's Masked Protagonist = Win!

Last edited by Rion Steiner; 2008-02-11 at 19:20.
Rion Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 19:13   Link #519
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I don't expect Gundams aligning with the superpowers anytime soon Nor do i see any reason why should they. Truth be told, i honestly don't think the Thrones stand any chance at all if faced against the meisters in a battle. For one thing they are outnumbered, for second i believe the original team is much better suited for duels (suit specification wise). Zwei is, probably, the only of the Throne gundams with good anti-gundam capabilities against "equal" opponents. Third: i believe the original ones to be better pilots.

If it comes to direct confrontation, the original meisters are unlikely to need any help in dispatching the Thrones. Though i am sure the Thrones must realize this as well, so lets see what will they come up with. (Going by the preview, it seems they might stir something up within the original team)
I agree that out of all the suits the one most suited for close combat is Zwei the crappy thing is the pilot. Which is why i think in a direct fight Setsuna could beat Zwei. Let us not forget its not only the machine but the pilot as well. I think the meisters are better pilots Zwei's pilot is too unstable. As of right now your right there is no reason at the moment for them align themselves with anyone. i was mainly talking about possibly future events that could take place. But before that we a lot of questions that need to be answered.
Old 2008-02-11, 19:14   Link #520
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Graham was MIA for like 5 straight eps, kinda like Ali is now...It's just that his scenes tend to be more impactful...I agree the show hasn't really focused on him much more in comparison...I mean minus Graham's awesome battle, this ep had so many subplots and other shocking material...The whole informant subplot almost gets swept under the rug compared to other things that take place this ep...Normally a subplot like that (the informant) could be worthy of a whole ep of focus, but here it's just dust-mites to Graham's anger and Louise's deathblow...

Shifting gears to Sanji I wouldn't be totally against a second season time-skip where he becomes a pilot (Could he rationally join the Union? Be a FLAG-Fighter? Is that plausible?) I mean this is Gundam, where pi$$ed off kids become mobile suit pilots to get their revenge...I wouldn't be against it if it was done well...
I could see Saji joining Union trying to be an ms pilot and by the second season him becoming Graham's successor? , crazy thought, yes, but plausible... kinda . I think Saji in military could work very well, if the revenge is he's main reason. Also yes lot of subplot event did not get much attention but really it's understandable, these two events Grahams' battle and the ring part (which for me was the highlight of the show) just overshadowed them all.