Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-09, 08:26   Link #501
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube View Post
Tomoko's just naive. She doesn't really have much to go on other then media which let's be honest isn't exactly giving her the best ideas.
Developing extreme state of naivety in an environment abundant with information to make such case inconceivable, should be aptly described as, well, "dumb".
Old 2013-08-09, 11:02   Link #502
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
I wonder why I watch this show when I hate self-pitying people.
She's not really self-pitying... except for when she's reeling from a social faux pas and thus in an emotional state, she's quite resilient, hopeful, and determined to change her circumstances.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 11:48   Link #503
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
So... what exactly are those things?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Some kind of mech? They looked kind of familiar, I think they had one on one of DownTown's New Year's specials.
Apparently, they are moving ads for robot restaurants in Japan (at least in Tokyo). I'm going by Niconico comments and some google-fu.
Old 2013-08-10, 04:20   Link #504
petran79
out of touch with anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
why dont u try watching episode 1 and decide it yourself -_-
If I were to decide for myself, there wouldnt be a need for a forum to exist, would it?
petran79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 04:24   Link #505
hamazura
whatever

huh? what?
ok then just simple question from me
do you want to see moving and colorful kuroki? if yes, watch it. if not, dont.
simple
Old 2013-08-10, 06:41   Link #506
BlueWitch
In two worlds

I can't understand why people get depressed over this show, I find it funny, and I can give sympathies with her, since I am in the same boat somewhat. I feel I can relate. But I really do not understand why people get so sad over her in particular, none the less the show is great and I'm glad I gave it a chance and watched the first episode. And this 5th episode was no exception.
Old 2013-08-10, 15:33   Link #507
petran79
out of touch with anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
huh? what?
ok then just simple question from me
do you want to see moving and colorful kuroki? if yes, watch it. if not, dont.
simple
it would be more simple if you read the manga too to point the differences. Or else dont plague me anymore!
petran79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 16:31   Link #508
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWitch View Post
I can't understand why people get depressed over this show, I find it funny, and I can give sympathies with her, since I am in the same boat somewhat. I feel I can relate. But I really do not understand why people get so sad over her in particular, none the less the show is great and I'm glad I gave it a chance and watched the first episode. And this 5th episode was no exception.
Yeah, I mean....it's funny because I can relate to some of what Mokoicchi does. But come on...it's just an anime

and Mokoicchi IS a total spaz anyway...

Last edited by GDiddy; 2013-08-10 at 16:50.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 16:46   Link #509
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Yeah, I think so - takes a special level of desperation, obviously, but I can understand that Tomoko would appreciate a reminder that someone finds her appealing in some way, no matter what form that appreciation takes.

Well, that was more depressing than usual. Poor Tomoko, almost crying over her loneliness in the classroom. I wonder what kind of hilarity we'll encounter in next week's episode, maybe there's be a side-splitting scene where Tomoko slits her wrists or returns to Kabichiko to begin a career in prostitution.
That actually reminds me of something I read about the confession of a Japanese schoolgirl who went into prostitution because she "wanted to feel like she was needed". So, needless to say, if Tomoko was a real person, it is not at all unlikely that she would end up in a very bad situation.

Also, Mokocchi is lucky she's not in the Puella Magi Madoka Magica universe, because I have a feeling she would be very easy prey for Kyubey.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 02:49   Link #510
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by petran79 View Post
it would be more simple if you read the manga too to point the differences. Or else dont plague me anymore!
Isn't it better to see it for yourself, rather than have other people point them out to you?

That is, assuming the anime changed anything significant in the manga thus far (which I don't think it has, but I haven't read that far into it yet).
Old 2013-08-11, 03:06   Link #511
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy
and Mokoicchi IS a total spaz anyway...
Tomoko bungling her every social interaction is pretty funny, I agree. She's cute when she's a spaz or talking like this to people. What does make me somewhat sad is the gray, dreary, empty monotony of her everyday life, though, rather than her social faux pauses - Tomoko's more embarrassing moments of actively being a Socially Awkward Penguin rather than a passive one brighten up the show for me, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan
Also, Mokocchi is lucky she's not in the Puella Magi Madoka Magica universe, because I have a feeling she would be very easy prey for Kyubey.
That's actually an interesting thought. Watamote x Madoka fanfic where?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 07:23   Link #512
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:

Sadly, I have a lot of interesting fanfic ideas, but I'm so busy as of late that they probably won't get written. That said, I am tempted to try that one, although I am unsure on a lot of the finer points such as what Tomoko's puella magi outfit and weapon should be.

Also, the title: "I'm Not Popular, So I'll Make a Contract" or "Being Mokocchi is Suffering"?
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 09:25   Link #513
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
There's an official doujinshi collection that contains two stories where she becomes a magical girl (though not necessarily the Madoka kind). In the first one she immediately turns evil and tries to kill her brother; in the second ... she immediately turns evil and tries to destroy the world.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 21:39   Link #514
takai
Easy Muffin

This poor girl. I love Tomoko so much.

This series never ceases to entertain though. I'm really enjoying it.

And that ED in episode 5 was hilarious.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 06:03   Link #515
EmagEvil

Last week end i show the 1st episode to a no otaku's audience, and they found it very depressing, even they know its dark humor, they can't help it... So they didn't want to watch the second... I think what's more depressing is the ending song, looks like she's crying while singing...
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 10:16   Link #516
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Some kind of mech? They looked kind of familiar, I think they had one on one of DownTown's New Year's specials.
Shinjuku Kabukicho's weird psychedelic restaurant, the "Robot Restaurant".
Old 2013-08-12, 12:36   Link #517
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET artist

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 19:56   Link #518
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just see all episode 1 to 5.... and and I do not know if I should laugh or cry .... if I should continue or stop watching ... 'cause when I watch this anime .... when I look at this girl ...

I say without hesitation ... this girl is ME version "straight/heterosexual girl" !!

what she said, what she thinks .... everything she does .... it's me!! in each scene I know how she feels....

Ho my god.............. I like watching me ... watching my life flash before my eyes!............
Old 2013-08-12, 20:00   Link #519
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
I just see all episode 1 to 5.... and and I do not know if I should laugh or cry .... if I should continue or stop watching ... 'cause when I watch this anime .... when I look at this girl ...

I say without hesitation ... this girl is ME version "straight girl" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what she said, what she thinks .... everything she does .... it's me!! in each scene I know how she feels....

Ho my god.............. I like watching me ... watching my life flash before my eyes!............
And you turned out alright, yes? I say keep watching. I think a large portion of us can identify somewhat to one degree or another with Tomoko.

Endless "I can't think of a nickname" Soul
Old 2013-08-12, 20:10   Link #520
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
And you turned out alright, yes? I say keep watching. I think a large portion of us can identify somewhat to one degree or another with Tomoko.

Endless "I can't think of a nickname" Soul
To some degree, I think some/most of us can. But to claim that Tomoko's a reflection of one's past... man that's some scary stuff. Downright depressing, even.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, dark comedy, high school, satire, slice of life