AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-17, 10:30   Link #501
spleenpoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
The manga mentions it at the beginning of the third phase, but that hasn't started yet. Keep in mind that the Hunters Association still doesn't know that these two dudes are dead--the only person who currently knows about it is Killua. Give them time to address it next episode.

Anyways, comparison. I would have posted it earlier but I've been really busy with exams. Also, I never said I was a guy.

Spoiler for Episode 7 Comparison:
Sorry about that! Thanks for the comparison, keep up the amazing work! +Rep!
spleenpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 12:20   Link #502
UnknownSoldier

Quote:
The manga mentions it at the beginning of the third phase, but that hasn't started yet. Keep in mind that the Hunters Association still doesn't know that these two dudes are dead--the only person who currently knows about it is Killua. Give them time to address it next episode.

Anyways, comparison. I would have posted it earlier but I've been really busy with exams. Also, I never said I was a guy.

Awesome post. You should really consider doing this for some anime blog like Random Curiosity. I love reading your posts every week
UnknownSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 13:12   Link #503
noktown

Quote:

I also became a fan of your comparisons
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 06:11   Link #504
spleenpoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I also became a fan of your comparisons
Yeah same here, they are awesome! Really shows off the difference between the 3 material.
spleenpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 10:39   Link #505
Belial13

same here, keep up the good work
Belial13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 00:50   Link #506
NJZanDatsu

Episode 8 was awesome. It did a great job following chapters 15, 16, and the first 9 pages of chapter 17 of the manga. The next episode should be really good.
NJZanDatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 01:02   Link #507
Clarste
Human

Spoiler:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 01:02   Link #508
NJZanDatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Spoiler:
Yup they are dead.
NJZanDatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 02:44   Link #509
rinichan

Quote:

Thanks so much girl (?) , o love your comparisson and I dont wanna miss a thing about it... Its so detailed it want me to go back at this forum anytime....

Yey we are almost there, the scene where Killua ripped that guys heart, I cant wait!!!
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 03:45   Link #510
Gooral
Banned

This mercenary guy didn't say that in the deathmatch you don't have to kill but you can also win by making your opponent say that he was defeated. Normally one would think that in a deathmatch at least one person must die. Overall decent episode but still somehow in the old anime they've managed to include more information in the same amount of time and showing the same amount of pages of the manga.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 05:35   Link #511
ookamigirl

Damn, third phase was seriously dangerous.
Getting down was not easy at all.
The labyrinth & tests interesting.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 08:04   Link #512
RainbowMagnet

Ok episode, felt kind of dragged out.

I'm looking forward to next week. It seems like the real battles will start there.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 08:38   Link #513
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowMagnet View Post
Ok episode, felt kind of dragged out.
Seriously? It covered like 2.5 chapters. Fighting shounen anime adaptations generally don't get much quicker pacing than that.

I did like the episode though and felt it did a good job of condensing the set up and beginning of the third exam so we can have the actual fights starting next episode. Which will also be a good opportunity to see once and for all just how well Miyuki Sawashiro can nail the role of Kurapica...
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 08:54   Link #514
RainbowMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Seriously? It covered like 2.5 chapters. Fighting shounen anime adaptations generally don't get much quicker pacing than that.

I did like the episode though and felt it did a good job of condensing the set up and beginning of the third exam so we can have the actual fights starting next episode. Which will also be a good opportunity to see once and for all just how well Miyuki Sawashiro can nail the role of Kurapica...
Uhmm first of all I never read the manga so I wouldn't know that it actually covered 2.5 chapters. Second, I might have used some wrong words here to portray my opinion. It felt rather slow, like there wasn't really that much happening. I admit though that the reason it felt slow might be because I'm really looking forward to the events that happen next week. So much that I wanted them to hurry up a bit. Guess I'm not really a patient person.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 09:04   Link #515
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Spoiler:
Actually, the official subs mentioned 39 at the end of the episode only. So, it's not confirmed yet.

edit: It went from 40 to 39 in that one sentence at the end.

Last edited by orion; 2011-11-20 at 19:01.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 12:21   Link #516
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol they had to get stuck with Tonpa. Leorio losing his cool and complaining all the time cracked me up. Aren't you not allowed to give up in a death match? I know the examiner said you could give up, but once you agree to a death match isn't it understood that you can't quit?-
Old 2011-11-20, 13:27   Link #517
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
(...) I know the examiner said you could give up (...)
That's the thing. Examiner didn't say it, Tonpa just assumed it. That's why it's another blunder on an already long list.
Old 2011-11-20, 13:39   Link #518
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
That's the thing. Examiner didn't say it, Tonpa just assumed it. That's why it's another blunder on an already long list.
He did. "A win is declared when an opponent admits defeat". The prisoner added his own rule (to make the fight a "deathmatch" as opposed to, say, rock paper scissors), but the examiner's take precedence.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 13:53   Link #519
Gooral
Banned

You're right. In that case I have the same problem as ars89. Lippo said one thing and then prisoner said sth else. If they went by the Lippo rules a deathmatch should be a no go since you can't declare you've been defeated when you're dead and he said nothing about death having the same result instead of disqualifying the killer for example. Bendotto adding a clause to the deathmatch rule makes more sense. In manga and original anime it was like that. Here everyone assumed that prisoner's rules take precedence and they fight to the death (well, at least Leorio).
Old 2011-11-20, 15:17   Link #520
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

A deathmatch just means you lose if you die. It doesn't mean you can't forfeit. And the examiner did say they were free to use whichever method they wanted (though it's unclear whether that means the prisoners, the examinees, or both).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen