AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-07, 05:33   Link #501
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I sure wish they won't focus on the moe only, because an amplified screentime for Kud to the detriment of the other characters will just be the insult to the injury (no offense to kud fans, but all characters deserve equal screentime, particularly the guys).
Got to agree. The bromance between the guys was one of the strong points of the series aside from baseball

Little buster makes it good when they are together as "little busters" which I hope will be given time. But really I had no faith or what so ever on JC staff doing something memorable for LB!

I will just watch it and that's it.
Old 2012-04-07, 05:34   Link #502
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I am sorry, but I have to outright reject that description. JC Staff is famous for NOT sticking to source material, to make changes that made no sense, and outright butcher the story in every way you can and can't imagine.
What if the ''butchering'' is in accordance to the authors wishes? Should they tell them to stuff it and just adapt the show to the letter of the novels?

JC Staff gained the reputation for not sticking to the source material because their most iconic hits having been Shana and ZnT (despite those two works still staying close to the same general outline as the novels and also had the authors blessing for their deviations), but they had works where they more or less stuck to the source. Don't take two examples and the paint the entire studio's work as being unfaithful.

Quote:
Both Shana and ZnT were mega hits in novel form, and were capable of becoming massive franchises the same way Haruhi became. But JC Staff outright took a knife to the books and hacked chunks off it.
You and I must have different measures of what makes a massive franchise, since last time I checked Shana had just concluded with adapting all of the 20-something novels into a 70+ episodes on the span of 6 years, excluding the OVA's they also got out in between seasons and the feature length movie they had, with. Shana herself has been made into a recognizable icon like Haruhi. It might have not been a 100% faithful adaption, but it still stuck to the general outline of the novels, the major events had still occurred, and it ended pretty much the same. ZnT is a better example, except the author didn't want it to be a carbon copy of his novels, so how is the fault of the studio then?

And really, this doesn't apply to Little Busters!, since it's clear that Key wants to have more control over this anime. So I don't find a reason to be worried about that area.

Quote:
Both ZnT and Shana had to have their script twisted like a pretzel, once JC Staff realised that they need to make more than one series and actually had to conclude the franchise properly. This is all JC Staff's fault, because they are a short sighted company who only care about the immediate TV series with no vision of how the franchise would evolve or conclude. It was a miracle they ended both these franchises in some way, consider how incompatible they had made their anime to the original novel.
I'm worried about this turning into a JC Staff/Shana/ZnT discussion than a Little Busters one, so I'll try and keep it short. Trying to figure out what is successful is something that not even the most knowledgeable person in the industry is able to say. So if the shows had been made without any certain plans of an immediate sequel in the foreseeable future, I can't fault the studio (or in this case, the original authors) for being as you put it ''shortsighted''. They wanted to make a show which at the end of it's run could stand on it's own and be acceptable to new viewers, and as far as I can see they managed to do it.

Furthermore, looking at the way the Index franchise is being handled, they certainly seem to be able to know how to plan for an evolving and growing franchise. Not that matters in the case of Little Busters, unless they are planning for a long running multi season for the show ...

Quote:
In short, I look at your claim that JC Staff is a faithful adapter, and shake my head in disbelief. There are some things I just can't accept because of their ludicrousness, and this is one of them.
Well, they had works where they adapted faithfully, and work where they didn't. In most cases, they did it because they respected the creators wishes. So yeah, I think that if Key tells them to adapt LB! faithfully, they will do so.

Quote:
If JC staff previous productions could testify, I wouldn't have any problem, but so far, there are only rare exceptions such like toradora. Aside of that, the vast majority of VN and LN adaptations they made are nowhere close to the original source.
Not even Honey & Clover? Aoi Hana? Nodame Cantabile? Kamisama Memo? Bakuman.? Index? Are these all completely butchered works that are nothing like their source material?

Quote:
JC Staff actually doesn't have that much of "success track".
When a studio makes more than a dozen shows that sell initially somewhere between 8K~10K copies, that makes them have a success track in my eyes.
Quote:
Aside of the huge popularity of Index franchise which came from the LN to begin with, they really do not have anything noteworthy to speak of, save again rare exceptions.
Well, aside for Shana. And Toradora!. And Nodame Cantabile worked out for them as well, when they had it. Tsukihime also was their second best selling work, but everyone wants to pretend like it never happened, so I guess it doesn't count...
Quote:
Also, I can't stress enough ow much their "experience" in adaptation is nearly a joke (althoughh still better than the likes of DEEN, ZECX XEBEC etc). Everyone probably will agree how some liberties they often take literally bore people to death (Shana II anyone?)
Well sure, if we ignore the other adaption work they've done that was faithful ...

Quote:
KyoAni doesn't have a long established schedule. Furthermore, Clannad took ages before getting animated as well, so an extra 1 year wouldn't hurt at all. It isn't like it was a pressing matter to adapt LB anyway.
Can you say with certainty that KyoAni would after a year leave room open for a LB! anime adaption? Wouldn't they want to go after something more recent? Would they be adapting something for Kadokawa instead?
Quote:
Seriously, if JC staff wasn't such an average/sub average studio, people wouldn't react this way. But frankly, they really hardly could deliver setllar adaptation at all.
Except for the more well received adaption work like Honey & Clover, Nodame Cantabile, Index etc.
Old 2012-04-07, 05:40   Link #503
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I think something common I've seen in many a show with the JC banner is that not only do they go off the rails and not adapt faithfully, but they also fill the shows up with tons of bullshit filler. Kamisama no Memochou was a mild example, but the middle point was like that. And of course, entire seasons of bullshit (Railgun, Shana II, swaths of ZnT, etc...)

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-04-07, 05:48   Link #504
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Except for the more well received adaption work like Honey & Clover, Nodame Cantabile, Index etc.
The pacing for Paris-hen of Nodame Cantabile was especially bad, and while the sales for both Index and Railgun seem to be pointing to people not minding the changes done, those who do read the books can't ignore the large chunks of anime-original parts done to pad things out.
Old 2012-04-07, 05:52   Link #505
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Ugh, thread is moving fast ...
Quote:
Except that White Fox, one of their 2 adaptations basically bested any of what JC staff did: Steins;Gate.
I loved S;G, and I'd put it above a lot of JC Staff's work. But all of it? Personally, I didn't think that the show was that good to the point where it might best shows like Aoi Hana or H&C in terms of adaption, but then again it is a different beast altogether so I don't think it's fair to compare ...

Quote:
SG, despite being an humongous series could still be adapted in 24 episodes, even with an average budget. If we add Rewrite OP, they basically prove they have no issue with the design either, and potentially can deal well with action, which you have a plenty in LB with just the battle system.
It never crossed my mind that JC Staff never knew how to handle action shows, since some of their best known shows are action anime so ...

And yes, White Fox did do good work with the S;G adaption, but so far that was the only good adaption they had worked on. JC Staff has worked on a number of different adaptions over the years, many of them being success commercially and some even critically, and has a record of working closely and respecting the creators wishes, which makes the them the more secure option for Key at the moment since they could deliver the sort of LB! anime they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrice View Post
Unless the staff KNOWS LB! and played the game, read the novel and all and understand the whole concept of LB! then it might be okay..
I'd be surprised if they don't do that, since you know, they are adapting the story, so it goes without saying that they will read the novel and supplementary material to adapt it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
-snip-
How is Bakuman. considered a failure when it's coming back for a 3rd season, I wonder?
Old 2012-04-07, 05:54   Link #506
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I'd be surprised if they don't do that, since you know, they are adapting the story, so it goes without saying that they will read the novel and supplementary material to adapt it ...
You would think that, wouldn't you? But then, ZoT II was an ecchi comedy with all the 1st season character development cancelled for some reason...
Old 2012-04-07, 06:01   Link #507
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
What if the ''butchering'' is in accordance to the authors wishes? Should they tell them to stuff it and just adapt the show to the letter of the novels?
There is a stark difference between adaptation, and flat out divergence. People can expect cut. But literally changing the -main plot-?

Quote:
JC Staff gained the reputation for not sticking to the source material because their most iconic hits having been Shana and ZnT (despite those two works still staying close to the same general outline as the novels and also had the authors blessing for their deviations), but they had works where they more or less stuck to the source. Don't take two examples and the paint the entire studio's work as being unfaithful.
There are much more unfaithful adaptation. The likes of Bakuman, Merry etc.
Quote:
You and I must have different measures of what makes a massive franchise, since last time I checked Shana had just concluded with adapting all of the 20-something novels into a 70+ episodes on the span of 6 years, excluding the OVA's they also got out in between seasons and the feature length movie they had, with. Shana herself has been made into a recognizable icon like Haruhi. It might have not been a 100% faithful adaption, but it still stuck to the general outline of the novels, the major events had still occurred, and it ended pretty much the same. ZnT is a better example, except the author didn't want it to be a carbon copy of his novels, so how is the fault of the studio then?
Shana is nowhere close to Haruhi, be it in LN or DVD/BD sales.
Furthermore, it isn't even about "not 100% faithful adaptation", but flat out change. Every single portion save 1-2 scenes in Shana II are ALL anime original. Even the first season had drastic change (the bal masqué arc didn't exist at that point, they also shuffled the events with the first season, and drastically changed how friagne was handled).

ZnT had a much worse treatment of the adaptation, and I see nowhere the author asking for a change.
Quote:
And really, this doesn't apply to Little Busters!, since it's clear that Key wants to have more control over this anime. So I don't find a reason to be worried about that area.
And that's the problem we have: Jc staff hardly has shown actual "dsown to the little details" type of adaptation. Not the "absolute faithful" which is impossible, but the likes that do NOT contradict the story on the long run (see ZnT).
Quote:
Not even Honey & Clover? Aoi Hana? Nodame Cantabile? Kamisama Memo? Bakuman.? Index? Are these all completely butchered works that are nothing like their source material?
I said rare exception, didn't I? As already mentioned though, Paris Chapter was badly handled, pace wise for Nodame Cantabile. Kamisama memochou was more or less watered down as well.
Index suffer a lot of its pacing, and execution that makes things overdramatic for nothing (Touma's ridiculous preaching in a middle of a fight etc).
Quote:
When a studio makes more than a dozen shows that sell initially somewhere between 8K~10K copies, that makes them have a success track in my eyes.
Well, aside for Shana. And Toradora!. And Nodame Cantabile worked out for them as well, when they had it. Tsukihime also was their second best selling work, but everyone wants to pretend like it never happened, so I guess it doesn't count...
Well sure, if we ignore the other adaption work they've done that was faithful ...
If you are fine with such numbers, that's all right. But we aren't talking about a run mill license here. Furthermore, pointing Tsukihime as a good selling show is impertinent regarding what we are talking about here: adaptation.
No matter how good it selled, tsukihime was definitely half assed, arguably nowhere close to its original story.
Quote:
Can you say with certainty that KyoAni would after a year leave room open for a LB! anime adaption? Wouldn't they want to go after something more recent? Would they be adapting something for Kadokawa instead? Except for the more well received adaption work like Honey & Clover, Nodame Cantabile, Index etc.
If Key could plan that for years, they could potentially wait for KyoAni. Frankly, it has been 5 years, so 1 or 2 years more wouldn't hurt at all.
Old 2012-04-07, 06:06   Link #508
Westlo
Lets be reality

Are people trying to imply J.C Staff can't make hits? Since the year 2000 only 92 anime in total have broken the 10k barrier. The Top 3 are....

1/ Sunrise - 13
2/ Kyoto Animation - 10
3/ JC Staff - 9
3/ A1 Pictures - 9

And with Railgun 2, Index 3 and Little Busters over the next couple years... they'll be going past Kyoto Animation.

Quote:
Index suffer a lot of its pacing, and execution that makes things overdramatic for nothing (Touma's ridiculous preaching in a middle of a fight etc).
J.C Staff was just being faithful to the source material!
Old 2012-04-07, 06:08   Link #509
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I think something common I've seen in many a show with the JC banner is that not only do they go off the rails and not adapt faithfully, but they also fill the shows up with tons of bullshit filler. Kamisama no Memochou was a mild example, but the middle point was like that. And of course, entire seasons of bullshit (Railgun, Shana II, swaths of ZnT, etc...)
Wasn't Kamisama memo actually adapted closely with some minor variation in how events played out (the first case was anime original, and the last case was actually the first one)? So if there is anyone at fault for the BS fillers, it would be the author I would think ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The pacing for Paris-hen of Nodame Cantabile was especially bad
Well, the Paris Chapter was directed by Chiaki Kon after all, so the fault might not be with the studio entirely.

Quote:
You would think that, wouldn't you? But then, ZoT II was an ecchi comedy with all the 1st season character development cancelled for some reason...
You know, having one single example of an unfaithful adaption/bad show and then saying the entire studio sucks doesn't seem like a logical argument. It'd be like taking Production IG's work on Blood-C and then saying that they suck for making the show and ignoring all the other good shows they've made.

Seriously, let's put thing into context here. Why are you guys expecting the Little Busters! anime to be unfaithful when Key had given their assurance that they understand the level of expectation for the anime and that they are working to meet it? Why are you guys taking the same two examples from a number of them to point out that the studio can't make a good show?
Old 2012-04-07, 06:09   Link #510
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-8654.html

Rumored:

「そのままだとアニメに向いてないので結構脚本変えてます」

"As it is (probably refering to the source material) it wouldn't be suitable for anime, so the script will be undergoing definite changes."
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-04-07, 06:20   Link #511
Zexas

LOL thread moving really fast.

To be honest I think you guys should be more concerned about the director. None of his previous work really hit the mark with me. Though I found the other staff were decent enough.

Regarding the studio itself, Shana III is decent enough and should be a good indication at the very least. Though I do think Key need to be involved in some sort of way.

Well if the adaptation fail somehow, at the very least it ensure me that Rewrite (my favourite) won't be adapted by JC .

Edit: I have no idea how many people saying this already but Rewrite 2nd OP is done by White Fox and the result is awesomeness. SG animation suffering from the lack of budget but it still look decent enough.
Old 2012-04-07, 06:21   Link #512
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-8654.html

Rumored:

「そのままだとアニメに向いてないので結構脚本変えてます」

"As it is (probably refering to the source material) it wouldn't be suitable for anime, so the script will be undergoing definite changes."
Not exactly a surprise... I mean fans of the VN where typing reasons why it wasn't suitable for an anime in the first place (I vaguely remember a long ass post by Reckoner when I asked why). I think a lot of people ignore the degree of difficulty for some adaptions.. people love to praise Ufotable's job on Fate/Zero in comparison to DEENs on Fate/Stay.. but adapting a LN like Zero is a much easier task than adapting a VN like Stay period. You best believe that Ufotable is going to have a much harder time doing a potential Tsukihime Remake Anime than they ever had with KnK and Fate/Zero.
Old 2012-04-07, 06:23   Link #513
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Fate/stay Night is pretty much a novel since the branching is so early in the story. Fate/Stay Night wouldn't be that hard to adapt at all if DEEN hadn't mixed routes since all routes in Fate/Stay Night works perfectly well as standalone story.
Old 2012-04-07, 06:30   Link #514
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Seriously, let's put thing into context here. Why are you guys expecting the Little Busters! anime to be unfaithful when Key had given their assurance that they understand the level of expectation for the anime and that they are working to meet it? Why are you guys taking the same two examples from a number of them to point out that the studio can't make a good show?
Because I am pretty sure Key didn't intentionally try to make a bad anime when they commissioned the first Kanon anime series.

Key can work as hard as they like, but they have NOT hired the best help. To make it worse, you can't even just copy and paste the script of Little Busters. This is a HARD job. It was the reason the anime had been delayed this long. The adaptation process will be immensely difficult, even if they had managed to obtain KyoAni.

Excuse me if I have little faith in a studio who isn't even in most people's B list for adapting Little Busters.
Old 2012-04-07, 06:40   Link #515
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
There is a stark difference between adaptation, and flat out divergence. People can expect cut. But literally changing the -main plot-?
It doesn't matter since it was the author's wishes to have the anime turn out like that.

Author's desires > Fans expectations.

Quote:
There are much more unfaithful adaptation. The likes of Bakuman, Merry etc.
I can understand Merry, but Bakuman? Really?

Quote:
Shana is nowhere close to Haruhi, be it in LN or DVD/BD sales.
Furthermore, it isn't even about "not 100% faithful adaptation", but flat out change. Every single portion save 1-2 scenes in Shana II are ALL anime original. Even the first season had drastic change (the bal masqué arc didn't exist at that point, they also shuffled the events with the first season, and drastically changed how friagne was handled).
I never said that Shana was one the same level of sales as Haruhi, VCV is the one who brought up that comparison. My point was that Shana is still a successful franchise with 3 24 episodes anime, OVA's and a movie, as well as a it's heroine being iconic. So I don't see why it can't be thought of as a success.

Quote:
ZnT had a much worse treatment of the adaptation, and I see nowhere the author asking for a change.And that's the problem we have: Jc staff hardly has shown actual "dsown to the little details" type of adaptation. Not the "absolute faithful" which is impossible, but the likes that do NOT contradict the story on the long run (see ZnT).
Considering how the author's name is attached to the anime, I think it more than him asking for change.

Quote:
I said rare exception, didn't I?
See, I'd think that Shana and ZnT are the exception since you know, they are only two shows compared to six and more shows that had been adapted faithfully.

Quote:
That's a problem with the novels. I read them, and Touma preaching in fight is something that happens in them. So what, should they try and cut it out of the anime? But then it wouldn't be faithful any longer now would it?

Quote:
If you are fine with such numbers, that's all right. But we aren't talking about a run mill license here. Furthermore, pointing Tsukihime as a good selling show is impertinent regarding what we are talking about here: adaptation.
No matter how good it selled, tsukihime was definitely half assed, arguably nowhere close to its original story.
Spoiler for figures:
I have to ask, but what sort of numbers do you want to see for the sales of a LB! anime? Since I think that having a figure close to 15K~20K is actually pretty fantastic.

And yes, I am aware about how the Tsukihime anime being something of a taboo subject when it comes to adaption work, but you brought up how they had nothing to speak of so I brought some of their best selling shows.

Quote:
If Key could plan that for years, they could potentially wait for KyoAni. Frankly, it has been 5 years, so 1 or 2 years more wouldn't hurt at all.
But they didn't, did they? That either means that Key had realized that the longer they wait the more unlikely a LB! anime would be made/be successful, or that KyoAni had been straight with them and told them they had no plans to animate their older work.

And really, the years do hurt. In 1~2 years if (and that's a big if) Key does come around to get KyoAni to animate LB!, will there still be the same levels of interest and enthusiasm as it is now? Somehow I doubt it, going by how fickle the majorty of the anime customer base is.
Old 2012-04-07, 06:47   Link #516
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
And really, the years do hurt. In 1~2 years if (and that's a big if) Key does come around to get KyoAni to animate LB!, will there still be the same levels of interest and enthusiasm as it is now? Somehow I doubt it, going by how fickle the majorty of the anime customer base is.
And you think the "interest and enthusiasm" isn't sinking like a rock after the JC Staff announcement? We are talking about widespread disappointment here. Sorry to say that you are a rarity, one of the few people prepared to defend JC Staff. Everywhere else in both English and Japanese communities, despair and screaming are heard.
Old 2012-04-07, 06:49   Link #517
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
What is this myth about "the longer you wait, the worse the reception"? If anything, a well done adaptation that takes a bit longer is probably what the fans would prefer, and would draw a larger fan base to it. Judging by this thread, that seems to be the majority here. It's been nearly 5 years since the first release of LB! and it doesn't look like the interest has dropped in that time. What makes you say that it will drop just because an anime is not announced for another year or two?
Old 2012-04-07, 07:02   Link #518
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

AIR game release: 2000
AIR anime release: 2005

Kanon game release: 1999
Kanon anime release: 2006

Clannad game release: 2004
Clannad anime release: 2007

The interest for a properly done Little Busters! anime would not died down at all considering the past history.

Now giving credit where credit is due - when J.C Staff assembles a good staff they ARE capable of doing an excellent adaptation, ToraDora is an excellent example which is widely loved by the fans of the original work - so much so that it was THE mostly demanded show to be released on Blu-ray for two years in a row (and the same staff members went on to do AnoHana, so yeah you know how good they were). However the problem is that the Little Busters! staff currently isn't inspiring any confidence.....
Old 2012-04-07, 07:11   Link #519
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
What is this myth about "the longer you wait, the worse the reception"? If anything, a well done adaptation that takes a bit longer is probably what the fans would prefer, and would draw a larger fan base to it. Judging by this thread, that seems to be the majority here. It's been nearly 5 years since the first release of LB! and it doesn't look like the interest has dropped in that time. What makes you say that it will drop just because an anime is not announced for another year or two?
people do grow older. fanbases grow older. just because the current fanbase hasn't outgrown little busters yet doesn't mean they won't next year (or the year after that, or 2 years from now, etc). it's exactly the reason why, say, One Piece has a higher adult readership compared to its readership with children.

Little Busters was released 5 years ago. personally, i think that's stretching it. it's a visual novel, ffs. no matter how you think about it, it will eventually become forgotten. who knows when kyoani will ever have time on its hands.

as for J.C.Staff, they do have consistent animation quality. Index II and Railgun are particularly shiny/eye-catching.

as for the content, any adaptation will be altered, no matter how much you want to stick to the source material. sure, KyoAni probably would've been more faithful, but i don't think J.C.Staff as a 2nd choice is THAT bad.

i mean, they seem to adhere to the authors to an extent (not necessarily the source material though ). for example, the railgun anime (2nd part of the season was new material written by kamachi) and the upcoming index movie (written by kamachi).
Old 2012-04-07, 07:17   Link #520
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Because I am pretty sure Key didn't intentionally try to make a bad anime when they commissioned the first Kanon anime series.
No, they didn't. But they learned their lesson, and that's why they now take a hands on approach to their adaption work. LB! is going to be under close inspection from not just the fans, but the creators as well, so I doubt this is going to be another Kanon 2002.

Quote:
Key can work as hard as they like, but they have NOT hired the best help. To make it worse, you can't even just copy and paste the script of Little Busters. This is a HARD job. It was the reason the anime had been delayed this long. The adaptation process will be immensely difficult, even if they had managed to obtain KyoAni.
No, they hired decent help. People who are competent at their craft and can turn out something good, which while might not be exceptional, is still good at the end of the day. I find no reason why not to expect them to bring out something good out of a LB! anime, going by everything I had read so far.

Quote:
And you think the "interest and enthusiasm" isn't sinking like a rock after the JC Staff announcement? We are talking about widespread disappointment here. Sorry to say that you are a rarity, one of the few people prepared to defend JC Staff. Everywhere else in both English and Japanese communities, despair and screaming are heard.
Honestly, I'm not even a fan of them! I just don't think of them as bad as you guys are making them out to be, and I think all the screaming and despairing is really an overreaction. Seriously I know a lot of people hold LB! as the end be all of all stories in the world from the way they speak of it, but JC Staff isn't a bad pick at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Because even the most successful anime does decline if it is out of the scene for too long. Since they are the most popular examples, let's bring Shana and ZnT again. Originally, these two used to avg. around 10K and 6K respectively. Years later, they now sell in the 1K~4K. Large franchise's do suffer a decline in the interest if there isn't something to hold the attention of the viewers. Look at Mirai Nikki for another example. I say that time is hurting them, that announcing an anime in another year or two (or more!) will eventually cause less people to be interested because it's part of their life cycle, eventually a majority of people will move on to something newer, and the product will suffer a decline. Not as many people as there are now will be interested in an adaption of a 7~9 year old game, when Key will by that time have newer VN's that people want to see adapted, and studios willing to do so.

Tags
anime game, little busters