Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-06-02, 06:05   Link #501
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
"I just saved their friendship by showing a guy my boobs." You just can't find comic gold like that anywhere else.
I LOL'ed at this. My kids rushed out to see if I was alright.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 06:14   Link #502
Biohazardous

Quote:
"I just saved their friendship by showing a guy my boobs." You just can't find comic gold like that anywhere else.
That was funny but I loved it when she came back and said how much for bellybutton. The only way to top that would have been if she erased the memory of seeing her boobs then asked him again how much for bellybutton.
Biohazardous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 08:39   Link #503
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

My favorite part was when Ryota breaks in on the girls in the bath.

Kotori: Why are you peeping!?
Ryota: We don't have time for that!

I love it! Ryota Murakami, on the front lines of defense, protecting us from overdone cliches!

There are still way too many "Kotori's secretly working for the lab" flags (including but not limited to how Nanami's only searching for Kuroha, and her ever-so-convenient knowledge of how to defeat Nanami's witchcraft).

I also found Nanami entertaining in her, "If you want me to trust you, why don't you trust me?" *schmuck removes sunglasses* *ZAP!* way...

I will say that as the series has gone on, the fanservice has improved. Not, mind you, in terms of quality, but in terms of the skeeviness level. That is, in the first episode, especially, there was a kind of mean-spiritedness in it, while now it's more like a competition in how shamelessly the writers (and characters) can taunt the steam and lens flares.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 09:21   Link #504
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
Considering what we can see in the opening, I don't know how they can follow the manga.
With the translations going into light speed and catching up I know how this arc plays out. Assuming the next episode deals with Nanami, that leaves 3 episodes for a finale, maybe a bit more depending on how fast the current situation resolves itself.

Even if the anime skips right to the climax afterwords, they would have to skip most of the plot twists to have time for the showdown shown in the OP.

Regardless, I really enjoying this adaption so far. The soundtrack and opening song really help set the tone of this series. It makes me happy to see new people get introduced to this series and enjoy themselves.
Old 2014-06-02, 09:34   Link #505
Biohazardous

Hope we get a season 2 since Im enjoying this.
Old 2014-06-02, 12:11   Link #506
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Another excellent installment of Gokukoku no Brynhildr. I'm really beginning to like Nanami after only one episode. Possibly because I'm a sucker for characters with a dark, tragic backstory. Not to mention her excellent one-liners, such as the aforementioned "Saving a friendship with her boobs" and "Never thinking she'd see the day she eat cheesecake", although the latter really also emphasizes how prior to this, she has not felt even fleeting moments of happiness or had a real friend.

On there other hand, her ability is probably the most terrifying yet seen in a the series. I find remaining alive with all of my mental capacity destroy as much more terrifying than being vaporized by Kikako or chopped to pieces by Saori. Not to mention the destruction she could cause just by looking someone in the eye- imagine if she manipulated the crew of a ballistic missile submarine, for instance!

On the other hand, she is clearly not another sociopath like the last two enemy witches- in truth Nanami wants to be a normal girl. Hopefully she'll realize the potential of her power if used for good: She could call off the manhunt for Neko and the others, or at least manipulate her handler to bring them a case full of death suppressants.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 12:37   Link #507
Galacticichi

I'm so apprehensive towards Nanami's future! I'd rather them kill her this episode than have me hoping she won't die when I have a gut feeling she will. I really did think that guy Nanami was with was going to contact the lab after reaching the car and they would instantly kill her with the beacon. I'm almost certain that he wrote in the journal his mission and the events of that day as a fail-safe in case his mind was wiped. It's so frustrating because she totally forgot about his journal and it seemed like she knew that he was writing about her because as he wrote she asked "Will you forget about me?". They need to get that beacon off fast!

I think Nanami would make an amazing addition to their group and is on the fast track to overtaking Kazumi as my favorite.

She's also not in the OP which usually indicates all the important/main characters so I don't know what to think.
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 12:55   Link #508
HandofFate

One thing that annoys me about Nanami is how many times she did the "how can I trust you if you don't trust me" then they remove their sunglasses to show their trust.

And it turns out, OH HEY, YOU CAN'T TRUST HER cause she just mind****** you for trusting her.
Come on.

Cracked up that Ryota pretended to cry like baby after Nanami tried to send him back to being a baby.

Also liked the bath scene where Ryota is like "now's not the time for that" and besides he's seen all the girls multiple times already, guess its not a big deal anymore to him. Maybe if he saw their armpits, maybe he get a reactin.

Also, other than the one woman that gave Kuroha the device, sucks that everyone in the organization is scum lol. Even Nanami's keeper, he seemed cold like the rest, but was thinking he might have a light side to him with how Nanami kind of cared that he knows her, but nope. After she wipes his memory, and he has no idea what he's doing on the bench.

He's still a creep by asking to see her 15 year old boobs for money. I thought it was a chance to show that not all guys in the organization are bad by nature, and he would just go "whatever, i'm kidding, here's some money"

For Nanami's future, she seems to have a thing about no one's going to remember or miss her when she's gone.
I think if she does get the death flag, at the end, she doesn't want her new friends to feel sad, so before she dies, she erases all the girl's memories of her, leaving only Ryota to be the only one to remember her due to his ability. For the tragic end if they go that route.
Old 2014-06-02, 13:11   Link #509
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticichi View Post
I'm so apprehensive towards Nanami's future! I'd rather them kill her this episode than have me hoping she won't die when I have a gut feeling she will. I really did think that guy Nanami was with was going to contact the lab after reaching the car and they would instantly kill her with the beacon. I'm almost certain that he wrote in the journal his mission and the events of that day as a fail-safe in case his mind was wiped. It's so frustrating because she totally forgot about his journal and it seemed like she knew that he was writing about her because as he wrote she asked "Will you forget about me?". They need to get that beacon off fast!

I think Nanami would make an amazing addition to their group and is on the fast track to overtaking Kazumi as my favorite.

She's also not in the OP which usually indicates all the important/main characters so I don't know what to think.
I really like Nanami and would like to think she's going to live, but if I was a betting man, I'd have to bet on her dissolving into a pile of goo next episode.
Old 2014-06-02, 14:55   Link #510
Galacticichi

Before she dies, Ryouta should pull her aside and ask her to instill the memories that Kuroneko forgot in her mind. He can pay her with all the cheesecake in the world. Of course the memories will be from Ryouta's POV but that's better than nothing. Nanami is probably the only witch who can do this for Ryouta. Such a missed opportunity if this doesn't happen!
Old 2014-06-02, 15:13   Link #511
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Before she dies, Ryouta should pull her aside and ask her to instill the memories that Kuroneko forgot in her mind. He can pay her with all the cheesecake in the world. Of course the memories will be from Ryouta's POV but that's better than nothing. Nanami is probably the only witch who can do this for Ryouta. Such a missed opportunity if this doesn't happen!
Hmmm, that's right. Nanami is the only one who can restore Kuroneko's memories.

I guess that would have to override the death flag. I take back what I said.
Old 2014-06-02, 16:07   Link #512
Biohazardous

Humm not sure she can restore memories. We havent seen that yet. Once they are gone they might just be gone. Would be cool if she can search and find "lost" memories and bring them back up. At same time if she did that for me I would always question is this my real memory or something she wants me to think.
Old 2014-06-02, 16:42   Link #513
HandofFate

Since she we saw her manipulate and then restore Kuroha's memories to stop her from attacking, looks like she can restore as well.

However, don't think it would help on deleted memories. In keeping with the hard-drive analogy with Ryota's "Write Once" photographic memory.

Nanami would have been able to restore Kuroha's memory if she just simply forgot them, but to me, it seems like her memory just gets outright deleted than her just forgetting them.
Old 2014-06-02, 17:19   Link #514
jhpace1

Nanami has one of the strongest powers seen to date. Memory modification. But it does have some flaws - Ryota's photographic memory, and people writing things down.
jhpace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 18:26   Link #515
Biohazardous

I don't think that was a memory restore. To me it seemed she just added memories of them being friends. When she changed her mind she just removed that portion. I also kinda think her memories are deleted/overwritten rather than forgotten.
Old 2014-06-02, 19:28   Link #516
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Since she we saw her manipulate and then restore Kuroha's memories to stop her from attacking, looks like she can restore as well.

However, don't think it would help on deleted memories. In keeping with the hard-drive analogy with Ryota's "Write Once" photographic memory.

Nanami would have been able to restore Kuroha's memory if she just simply forgot them, but to me, it seems like her memory just gets outright deleted than her just forgetting them.
The memory deleteion can't be that bad considering how often she used it pretty much just for fun by now.
I don't think her memories actually get deleted in the sense of 'being gone' btw. I think its more like the memories getting blocked.

--------
Another thing starting to make me wonder is Valkyria.
Her being Kana would go well with a few things Kazumi said, on the other hand the Intro fight between that white haired woman and kuroha also shows that it could be Kuruha rather than kazumi. (or they ar eboth S ranked for some reason).

It would be a nice plottwist if the White haired one is the real Kuroha(thus the one he knew), while the one we know is a clone or something like that. It would go well with the choice of when scenes were shown in the intro (Murakami crying right after the short ability crash between Kuruha and ms unknown)

Kotori being a spy is not entirely off the table either imho, though unlikely in my opinion.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 19:34   Link #517
MCAL

Quote:
That one was good. But my favorite was probably Ryouta's "I don't have time for this shit" response to barging into the girls in the hot springs and Kazumi fondling Kotori's breasts.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 19:40   Link #518
Anime Online

Nanami will definitely kick the bucket. The anime has to show the characters the weird alien thing hiding in the harnest after Nanami dissolves. Then Murakami will go, "Oh yeah, that. Yeah, it's pretty shocking. Didn't want to tell you before. Sorry" Then his crazy-scientist friend will go, "Guys! Check this out! I've found xyz about the alien!" Then Kuroha will find out the truth about the world. That's what I think anyway.

Come to think of it, I'll say Kuroha will find out only a part about the truth. Maybe 5%. Stories like these love to drag things out. "You have not yet seen my final form!" Stuff like that.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 21:27   Link #519
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
Humm not sure she can restore memories. We havent seen that yet. Once they are gone they might just be gone. Would be cool if she can search and find "lost" memories and bring them back up. At same time if she did that for me I would always question is this my real memory or something she wants me to think.
Quote:
Of course the memories will be from Ryouta's POV but that's better than nothing.
I'm implying that Ryouta would describe to Nanami the memories he shared with Neko and she would then plant them in Neko's mind. Not that she would somehow recover Neko's forgotten/destroyed memories. It would actually be very selfish for Ryouta to do this as he has yet to realize that Kuroneko is his childhood friend, but I want him to. It's also fun to imagine that somehow Kuroneko realizes she is Ryouta's old friend and agrees to it but that's a lot of wishful thinking and Nanami would die before all that development could happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Nanami will definitely kick the bucket. The anime has to show the characters the weird alien thing hiding in the harnest after Nanami dissolves.
If that was the reason for introducing another witch, I'll wish that they didn't make her such an interesting character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Then his crazy-scientist friend will go, "Guys! Check this out! I've found xyz about the alien!"
Gotta be honest, Ryouta's friend (family?) gives off some antagonistic vibes. The way he's drawn and his career as a scientist makes me believe that he will someday betray Ryouta all in the name of SCIENCE! It's not that far-fetched when he's dealing with aliens and "witches"; he could stand light-years ahead of all other scientists. Then again, it would be foolish as he would definitely be killed by the organization that produces these witches. That would be too tragic though if he betrayed them, it's like they can never catch a break.
Old 2014-06-03, 01:16   Link #520
Nvis
Where are the good animes

How many episodes is this series?

If it's 12-13 episodes, no way will they reach the later scenes in the OP.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fanservice, harem, horror, sci-fi, seinen, violence