AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-13, 09:54   Link #501
bluestahli1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MgMaster View Post
That's what I'm hoping for as well and find to be the main attraction of this anime,which I otherwise find rather average. A main character like Ange feel's somewhat refreshing.
Nah, you just like seeing Ange getting abused, jk

but i will admit that i have hatred towards her ever since that mother & child incident at episode 1.
bluestahli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 10:45   Link #502
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
Guess I'm one of the few that likes Ange haha. She's got huge faults as a person, but it's kind of interesting to have a char like her for an MC.
I don't really like her overwelcomed pride and excessive bullying caused by another person, but I did find the character design quite attractive and I did relate about how she feels her own royal blood. I can't say much about her fighting skills as of yet until the next episode come, but judging by things from the opening scene in episode one as well showing signs of flawed qualities, I can say she will likely grow as a girl with actual freedom who can make sure she'll go back to wherever she came from which I too hope that dream actually came true, not to mention I hope she won't end up magically awakening her overly perfect powers to resolve issues (as Tatsuya from Mahouka told me to).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 11:27   Link #503
erdii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
This Unit to which Ange now belongs is really reminding me of the Jannisaries (slave soldiers) who served to Ottoman Turks. Maybe with a little bit of Foreign Legion thrown in: "You are a Legionaire in order to die, and the Legion will send you where you can die." That came to mind from the comment the girl made when they closed the simulator hatch.
"jannisaries" isn't a term that suits the girls in this anime, in christian setting they would be royal guards. they are elite of elite, highest ranking soldiers in ottoman army responsible for protecting ottoman sultan. they may be taken as slaves at the beginning but they aren't treated badly, in a way they were famous

well I pity the girls, well I didn't really like yuri scenes but I didn't hate them this is classic dark themed shounen with girls instead of males. well it is not a great series but it worth wathing. it has potential depending on what will happen next
Old 2014-10-13, 12:48   Link #504
Stanelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I was thinking something along those lines myself. Like if they can cancel out Mana and have access to those mechs then why not just start a revolution?
Because that's what will happen next in the anime with Ange doing a Lelouch ? It is written all over the screen with huge red flashy letters.

Still the studio made poor choices pertaining to this anime (which is a pity because it could have been good, if only the norma weren't only females with huge boobs and over sexualized outfits and they didn't put those free rapes scenes in the show), which is something to be expected from sunrise since Guilty Crown and Valvare.
Stanelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 13:12   Link #505
HandofFate

so all normas are also girls only?
Old 2014-10-13, 13:19   Link #506
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Yes, it was brought out in episode one that for whatever reason normas are only girls.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 13:38   Link #507
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
Because that's what will happen next in the anime with Ange doing a Lelouch ? It is written all over the screen with huge red flashy letters.
They wish. She's already in a group with the downtrodden, now all she has to do is gain access to the King's power and enact the Ange Requiem so that she can reveal the truth to the world.
Old 2014-10-13, 13:39   Link #508
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well the last part of the first episode was quite disturbing with Ange looking more broken than America's government. The series interested me at first but reading some of the reviews from other members makes me wonder if i should even bother with episode 2. The only real attraction to staying with the series is to see the secret behind Norma's and Dragons exposed and also to see if Ange becomes a better person. Her brother seems a evil ass so i can only imagine what this guy will do to the empire. I wouldn't mind seeing a reunion of Ange and her brother.

Im just not sure if the series has the stuff to keep the majority of people interested other than the fanservice which i could care less about.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2014-10-13 at 14:03.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 14:16   Link #509
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
i think kira yamato is norma
Old 2014-10-13, 14:16   Link #510
Irenesharda

Well, that's one, two...two strikes so far.

I don't care for yuri, fanservice, titillation, or any such thing, and I didn't really come to this series for that. If this is just going to be "let's abuse Ange for weeks until one day she miraculously becomes a badass", then I'm sorry, I'm just going to have to let this one go.
Valvrave and Aldnoah were masterpieces in comparison to this.

Is this really going to be attempted rape ever week? You guys do know that it's already lost it's shock value right?

I also liked Ange in the beginning, sure she had a wrong view of Norma, but other than that, she was nice and kind and had an attitude that suited her station and class. I can understand that she's suffered a large change after having lost everything and had to adjust. However, now they seem to just want to make her suddenly really unlikable, which wasn't really how she was in the last episode, I'm guessing they want to do that so it will be "okay" for her to be abused and attacked and turned into some revenge-cold woman that can fight.

This series struck out twice. Three times, and you're out.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 14:52   Link #511
Wandering Soul

Next episode preview did show Ange slaying a dragon so hopefully we won't have to go through much more Ange abuse and not have to wait weeks for her to become badass.
Old 2014-10-13, 15:41   Link #512
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She was still selfish and undisciplined in that ep 1 scene, though...
Yes, and bigoted as well, but we're only at Episode 2, so there's a long way to go yet.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 15:41   Link #513
askara

Just watch the first 2 eps and my impression was Ange is a huge bitch, Gundam seed ripe off(lol Kira 2.0) and WTF is the point of the raepe-ish scene? especially when Ange just dont give a shit about it the next eps and whats the point of making every one a huge dame lesbian pervert? i cant help but think this is just a cheap easy way to be controversial just for controversial sake. it serve no purpose at all when its better to just let ange undergo harsh physical hardship and bullying but i guess thats too mainstream.
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 15:44   Link #514
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I was thinking something along those lines myself. Like if they can cancel out Mana and have access to those mechs then why not just start a revolution?
Because they are systematically and ruthlessly exiled to a remote island, if not outright killed, looks like.
Old 2014-10-13, 15:48   Link #515
Top Sergeant

Quote:
I think that small norma child who was torn from his mother in the first episode was a boy, if I recall correctly.
Old 2014-10-13, 15:52   Link #516
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

No the mother explicitly says a girls name.
Old 2014-10-13, 16:03   Link #517
Pablete
Banned

[img]data.archive.moe/board/a/image/1413/04/1413048666154.gif[/img]

Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 16:18   Link #518
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I predict that the dragons feed or are attracted to Mana hence why they appear so often. Also, some of the Dragons appear to have shields. Given that the Noma's can disrupt mana they are perfect for fighting the dragons. The kingdom keeps this a secret because Mana is what their society is based on. Also, it seems there is not a whole lot of Nomas born a very small amount. Since this is the case they are taken as soon as they are found out and forced to fight these dragons in exchange for keeping their lives.

I feel like if the Dragons were to break through the Kingdom does not have the capability to fight them, as a matter of a fact mana might only make them stronger.

Not sure if the theory was thrown out there already.
Old 2014-10-13, 16:55   Link #519
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I predict that the dragons feed or are attracted to Mana hence why they appear so often. Also, some of the Dragons appear to have shields. Given that the Noma's can disrupt mana they are perfect for fighting the dragons. The kingdom keeps this a secret because Mana is what their society is based on. Also, it seems there is not a whole lot of Nomas born a very small amount. Since this is the case they are taken as soon as they are found out and forced to fight these dragons in exchange for keeping their lives.

I feel like if the Dragons were to break through the Kingdom does not have the capability to fight them, as a matter of a fact mana might only make them stronger.

Not sure if the theory was thrown out there already.
Given the very dark nature of the story I wouldn't be surprised if the whole "Nomas are evil" is just a giant scheme to make sure every single one of them is recruited in the anti dragon brigade and trained to live their entire life fighting dragons.

I mean lets face it, the princess didnt exactly have trouble integrating into society.
Old 2014-10-13, 17:18   Link #520
Arya

Well, I liked this episode better than the first one that I didn't like practically at all. So that's an improvement, right? It helps that I stripped the show from all the seriousness the themes and scenes could have led me to expect. The fanservice is still a bit annoying, particularly their outfit when they ride their bikes.
On the good side I like Ange, not as a character yet, but because she is still stuck on her(soon previous)self, she didn't change instantly. Surely what happened to her should have given her some wisdom, but being a strong character (as implied) means that she needs more to be broken. And it was also used to show us how much spoiled she was. The next episode probably will start doing the work.

So, to sum it up, basically now the show reached the alternate VVV status that's still fine for me, also
Spoiler for VVV comparisons:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanservice, mecha, ps vita, romance