Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-11, 08:11   Link #501
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
To Mr. Impz, I thank you once again for your synopsis to episode nineteen.

You see I cannot watch a Red Garden episode until either you blog a full review for it once it is available to understand the RAW or a fansub is released for that episode.

Spoiler:

The title of the episode says it all. Feelings that the girls desperately want to deliver or swat away to their loved ones, because as I am seeing how the story takes such fatalistic turns then there's not an open possibility for a bliss coming to them all at the conclusion.
Spoiler:

Spoiler for Lise:
Oh, i didn't know :P Heh, well, I actually lagged behind quite badly due to work but I recently caught up with Episode 20 and 21 and I must say that it's really hell impressive.

I have also done up the Episode 20 + 21 summary + thoughts.

It's a tad long due to two detailed summaries, and with my extensive thoughts. I apologize in advance :P
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 08:15   Link #502
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

~deleted...accidentally clicked twice~

Last edited by Impz; 2007-03-11 at 08:16. Reason: ehh, double post X_X
Old 2007-03-11, 17:21   Link #503
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
Oh, i didn't know :P Heh, well, I actually lagged behind quite badly due to work but I recently caught up with Episode 20 and 21 and I must say that it's really hell impressive.

I have also done up the Episode 20 + 21 summary + thoughts.

It's a tad long due to two detailed summaries, and with my extensive thoughts. I apologize in advance :P
Good timing since right now I have recently watched episode 20. I'm afraid I'll have to wait until watching episode 21st, because it is too soon for me to move on with the next episode.

Thanks again, Mr. Impz

More madness, more betrayal, more witnessing of precious people getting killed, more blood splattered, and more beastiality.

It is as you commented at your blog, Mr. Impz, that the aftermath to episode 20 became the setup for the advent of the war.

It is funny when you mentioned that Hervé smiled to Anna in her weakened state. Maybe I overlooked that shot.

I conclude that Hervé can now hold hope that by retrieving the second book from the Animus, then maybe and just maybe he'll be able to find the cure. Of course, I am in no way condoning his actions to wage all-out war against his enemies where I'm afraid the whole city of New York would get dragged into the inferno.

Hervé is doing what any loving brother would for his family to ensure Anna's survival even if means at the cost of killing and sacrificing lives, even his own.

Hervé has lost so much, and with Emilio now gone that served as the last straw for him to settle the score against his grandfather.

Spoiler for Mary:

Spoiler for Lise's transformation:

BTW, the name of Hervé's grandfather is it Lauro or Laurel?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 14:53   Link #504
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Heads up, Red Garden has ended it's TV run at ep22 - with a proper ending. But the story is far from over. An OVA sequel called Dead Girls starts in August, and it's set in the -future-. Still Manhattan though.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 15:07   Link #505
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Yup. Though, the charadesigns for the 4 girls look a bit different.

MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 19:09   Link #506
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Only 22 episodes in all? Ah, well, as long as there is a proper ending, an OVA is more than welcome.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 19:19   Link #507
BiZz
God ?

I thought it was the 26th episode, the last episode...
I hope this ending is good because 22 episodes are too short for this great Anime

So, do we know what the four girls become in the last episode ?
Do they lost their memories ?

Kate and paula, still together as lovers ?
BiZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 21:24   Link #508
mintyfresh
Altoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Yup. Though, the charadesigns for the 4 girls look a bit different.

Good heavens, they..

...look terrible.
mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 21:37   Link #509
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

no clue, on the red garden blog, it simply said that it is going on 22 episodes, without any news at all -_-...
Old 2007-03-15, 10:36   Link #510
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Heads up, Red Garden has ended it's TV run at ep22 - with a proper ending. But the story is far from over. An OVA sequel called Dead Girls starts in August, and it's set in the -future-. Still Manhattan though.
Wait a minute does that means that Red Garden TV series is actually over, and did if finished yesterday?

I thought they were going to be 24 episodes in total!

I have only seen up to episode 20 and in waiting to watch episode 21!
Old 2007-03-19, 11:00   Link #511
Matrim

I am kind of disappointed that Herve's grandfather died so easily, his bodyguards are a bunch of incompetent morons, it has to be said. About time we learned the true extent of the Animus curse. Now I see that it's possible to have a proper ending in two more episodes, the next one seems to be a setup before the final showdown. I wonder if we will have a true winner, if there is one it has to be Animus, I guess. Since there will be OVA I don't see Animus will lose.
The jumps from and to that high window were very cool. Lise seems to be a magnet for blood, will she get back to normal a bit later, only to get into beast state once she touches blood? Bender got what he deserved but Emilio behaved too much like a sacrificial lamb, it almost looked like he wanted to die simply for dumping Emma. Well, she is the best looking girl in the show, IMO, but not really deserving to die for her.

Old 2007-03-19, 13:04   Link #512
Hunter Nin.

Watched eps 1 and 2 so far and the girls reeeeallly annoy me... Had to resort to watching with headphones because the four girls who were being attacked were screaming and making... dubious... noises for about 5 minutes straight! Not to mention I couldn't stop laughing when the girl started singing in the middle of the episode, it was so random and out of place.

Just wondering if I should watch the rest or stop now because although I really like the idea behind the show and am definitely intrigued about what is going on the anime itself doesn't seem very good from watching the first 2 eps. Can anyone who has watched comment? Thanks.
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 13:22   Link #513
Matrim

Well, there is almost no singing after the first few episodes. But the voiceacting remains basically the same, if you don't like it, I don't think you will suddenly start to like it.

Old 2007-03-19, 14:11   Link #514
Hunter Nin.

Hi thanks for the reply, it's not really the voice acting as such but mainly the short section of the episode where there was constant high pitched screaming and moaning coming out of my speakers which made me feel weird about watching it. It seemed a bit excessive to me, it basically showed a woman gyrating with some kind of zombie on her back going "noooo!" but maybe it is something the japanese are into . I'm not sure if it was the intent to make it seem so wierd though, I will probably watch some more eps of it between other series to see if it grows on me.

And good thing about the singing in my opinion . Cheers.
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 14:36   Link #515
Matrim

Episode 2 is the one with the most screaming, it is not really a horror series with heroines who get absolutely hysterical and have to be saved by someone in every episode. That said there are some rather dramatic outbursts from time to time with screaming, crying, etc. But then again I loved that episode, so I might not be the best advisor because of being too biased.

Shinsen has released episode 21, the wait for it to download to end is killing me but it's great that they made up for the dealy with a double release.
EDIT: I watched the episode. But I really shouldn't have watched the preview for the next one, there is a big spoiler in it.
Well, it was basically what I expected, the bittersweet final hours before the last confrontation. I wish the action took place not on Christmas Eve, this made all look somewhat cheesy. It seems too obvious that Lise will make it in time to get into the fight, maybe she will make them stop somehow? One weird ending would be Lise using her Animus body and Delor type of beast transformation to kill them all for inflicting so much pain on her but I gues with the OVA planned that is impossible.

Last edited by Matrim; 2007-03-19 at 20:10.
Old 2007-03-19, 21:56   Link #516
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

My friends I am just one episode away to witness for myself what fate awaits to Claire, Rose, Kate, and Rachel, and who would be the victor left standing to claim both cursed books.

Episode 21 was indeed beautiful and served as the interlude before the coming of the great storm.

Basically, the girls were on such a relaxing mood and enjoying Christmas Eve, as if nothing about the crazy mess that each one of them went through never ever happened.
Spoiler:

Let's see how everyone fares their fates for the last episode, and I better hurry up since from this week until the next one all the shows that started the autumn season are about to finish, and I do not want to get caught in a rush to watch them all at once in order to write up comments on the same day.
Old 2007-03-20, 12:46   Link #517
Matrim

Shinsen is on a roll so there was almost no wait for the final episode for me but man, did this series needed at least one more episode to wrap thing up properly or what?
Herve was way too strong for my taste, in episode 16 the headmistress was going to kick his ass and now all the four girls plus Lula could just wound him enough to make him fall right before his goal. And his speeches were so hypocritical that I lost any sympathy for him - why did he insult the girls for being dead when he was one fo those who killed in the first place (why did the Delors do that anyway? How could they have known that Animus will come to create new bodies for the dead girls?) And all that talk about the girls being just "things" not human, reminded me very much of Rozen Maiden and the junk remarks. I guess it's no coincidence, since the director of the two series is the same.
Not enough was shown from Lucy and the Headmistress' fighting and I wanted at least a glimpse of what the effects of the memory loss would be, not wait five months for the OVA... Oh, well, maybe I expected too much from the ending but in the end I would still rate Red Garden very highly.

Old 2007-03-20, 15:40   Link #518
soul_less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Herve was way too strong for my taste, in episode 16 the headmistress was going to kick his ass and now all the four girls plus Lula could just wound him enough to make him fall right before his goal. And his speeches were so hypocritical that I lost any sympathy for him - why did he insult the girls for being dead when he was one fo those who killed in the first place (why did the Delors do that anyway? How could they have known that Animus will come to create new bodies for the dead girls?)
How Herve did what he did..can be summed up in a few words....He's Crazy

lol...his loon a$$ is super charge which gave him the strength to go all out.....and they knew about what Animus where..(the reason they took Lise )

also his insult suggested that he knew anna was FUBARed
but didn't want to give into the facts...so he was taken out his frustration on da ladies.

....Oh Yah just a reminder He is Insane by now....

*Edit*
separate thought....it would be crazy sweet to be one of those chicks...lvling 4ever in a hot body would pwn. on the other hand i could see in a few centuries or so life getting boring...and would lead to suicide/insanity(either you become a hermit or a mass murderer)....
although here is a random thought....THey don't remember anything so...that means they don't know they are going to live 4ever...I hope on of them had the foresight to write this stuff down off the air!.

and what do you think the ova will be about?? a reunion show ?? are a new problem? or a prequel?
soul_less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 15:54   Link #519
Matrim

I know Herve was more or less mad by that point but that alone can hardly explain his power, after all the average beast men/women are quite crazy too, yet our heroines disposed of them with relative ease, episode after episode. And the trash talk looked like a waste of time, shoudln't he just move as quickly as possible to the inside of the school to find the second Tome? Anna was on the verge of turning into a beast.

Old 2007-03-20, 18:17   Link #520
TEKO425

Spoiler:
TEKO425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, supernatural