AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-08-17, 07:47   Link #5201
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Fact 1) Tomoe is very sneaky and often appears suddenly.
Fact 2) Tomoe carries that sword freaking everywhere.
Fact 3) All of the other known Mediums have had extreme personalities with obvious neuroses. By extension, it is likely that Tomoe has an extreme personality. However, she has not exhibited extreme personality traits. Discarding the un-fun possibility that she simply does not follow the trend, we are left to assume that she conceals her unusual behaviors, which by the laws of narrative causality means they must be even more unusual than those of the more obviously imbalanced Mediums.

There can be only one conclusion: Tomoe is a serial killer. Or some sort of ninja.
Kikaifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 07:53   Link #5202
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

Have these been posted before?

Suigintron

You Get To Burning

Cheers.
Old 2006-08-17, 08:09   Link #5203
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Gah sorry lame randomness. I find it scary how Tomoe always creeps up silently behind Jun. You (and Jun) dont know how long she might have been standing silently there looking at Jun. Creepy Stalker.

Lol, yeah, Tomoe IS stalking Jun. She's been stalking him throughout Season 2, always appearing in the library without fail, and Jun normally doesn't notice until she speaks up.

Beware, Rozen Maiden. Today, Tomoe's stalking Jun. Tomorrow she may abduct Jun, and claim him for herself.

ROFL!
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 12:12   Link #5204
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 13:49   Link #5205
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Suigintron
Interesting mix of Skywarp and Suigintou
RM-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 19:53   Link #5206
NezoR

NezoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 20:12   Link #5207
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Send a message via MSN to Dark Steno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiseiseki
Are you suggesting Tomoe is a serial rapist?
[/URL]
How in the Heavens she will do that?
Dark Steno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 22:27   Link #5208
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Quote:
That would be the case if Shinku was a human girl of 13/14; and a romantic sexual relationship could be pursued; then I believe the bounds of a relationship would need to be defined. But she's not, she's a doll; and I dont see what else their relationship could be then that of deep friendship/companionship and the emotional and at times physical (not that kind of 'physical') reliance.
You're dirty. I didn't even think of that. People can be in love without having a sexual relationship, though, right? Something beyond friendship, beyond "platonic" love, but true compatability... like they met on eHarmony or something (I hate those commercials!)

1 1/2 more days!
Old 2006-08-17, 23:45   Link #5209
mac_pack

Location: On top of Mount Slecka in the valley of Raccon Don O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Suigintron
Y HELO THAR.

To quote a certain fancomic> Suiseiseki moans nicely too~Desu
mac_pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 23:49   Link #5210
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_pack

To quote a certain fancomic> Suiseiseki moans nicely too~Desu
This proves that Suiseiseki is being ignored. Shinku has Jun in her iron grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines
You're dirty. I didn't even think of that. People can be in love without having a sexual relationship, though, right? Something beyond friendship, beyond "platonic" love, but true compatability... like they met on eHarmony or something (I hate those commercials!)

1 1/2 more days!
Well, yeah, in case of Jun and Shinku, they can cuddle each other and that's enough. Sexual relationship is not need to exhibit love.

But I wonder what is going to happen if the two gets married. Imagine the face on the priest in the church
Old 2006-08-17, 23:55   Link #5211
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Sorry, double post.
Old 2006-08-18, 00:06   Link #5212
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Lost is having more dirty thoughts

once shinku becomes alice though wont she turn into a real little girl? she seems to have the maturity of a 13year old.

i would say its possible to pursue a romantic realtionship without having intimate relations. but it would be very stressful at times. but i guess thats what dolls are for. yeah that was tasteless
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 00:07   Link #5213
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
Lost is having more dirty thoughts

once shinku becomes alice though wont she turn into a real little girl? she seems to have the maturity of a 13year old.
Well, we don't really know what happens if a doll becomes Alice. But if Shinku still stays a doll even after becoming Alice, I think Jun will still like her all the same.
Old 2006-08-18, 00:11   Link #5214
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

you know i think one way for the dolls to become human is to have close relationships with real people. so maybe in the future her falling in love with Jun brings her to completion.

in a similar way, the same applies to suigintou. although she isnt playing any kissy face her desire to be with Megu and seeing the darker side of how fleeting humanity is will help bring her to completion to value life and the time spent with others.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 02:43   Link #5215
Lost

Hey hey hey! I wasnt being dirty! I was being realistic. Realistic! Having recently gone thru that same process of relationship defining with a close girl friend, I supposed that was on my mind. Notice I said romantic and sexual together; I wasnt meaning ZOMG sex before marriage; I meant sexual as in a healthy relationship between two people of the opposite sex that led up to marriage, and whatever would come after that. Okay maybe 13/14 is waaay too young for romantic-sexual relationships, but like I said I was thinking of the future, when they're 18-20 and the possibility of a romantic relationship becomes real. Then again, welcome to the 21st century, where more and more preteens are copulating.

There I hope you understand now. Kinda takes the fun out of everything huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines

1 1/2 more days!
Sure perhaps, that kind of love. Yes, but then I guess my point was that where the "love" can't be taken to a point where I could say I want to 'go stead' with you (i.e. slang for entering a BG-relationship - a real relationship that would affect the rest of your life), then whats the need to define the relationship and set bounds? The furthest it can get is as you say, true compatibility and real love (platonic, even) and thats that. No need to seat down and talk and define how far your friendship should go, because Shinku being a doll, the love can only go so far. And I think that Jun and Shinku's relationship as friends has gone as far as it can - to the point where Jun (and even Shinku) are willing to physically be hurt for the other.

Lol, sorry for the rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatochobit
romantic realtionship without having intimate relations.
It depends, there are plenty of chaste unmarried couples outthere. And even then, they are intimate with each other, tho not to the point of patting or sex (or its deriviatives). But the thing is, those couples are traveling to the point of marriage and after you're married, dont tell me you can carry on a romantic relationship without sex.

So to keep this on topic;
  1. I agree that Shinku shares real love with Jun,
  2. Yes, of course you can have love without sex (btw for the record, romantic love and friendship love are two very different kinds of love imo),
  3. But I just dont think their relationship is something that has to be defined by them; because theirs is a friendship love that cannot possibly lead up to romantic love (Shinku, being as she is, a doll).
If however, as potatochobit put it, Shinku the Alice turns into a girl of 13... then romantic love is very possible. Poor Tomoe.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-08-18 at 03:02.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 03:57   Link #5216
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@the.Merines - Oooo nice topic I wish I got into it a little earlier. I really like the points and views of both Lost and Mince

In regards to Tomoe, I don't think it is right to currently put her down as contender for a romantic relationship with Jun. I think that her concern for Jun stems from her not doing anything when he was being bullied. Maybe in the past when he was a top scorer she might have been wowed by him, but then seeing him go through a break down and go hermit crab on the world would not make for "wow that's sexy attribute"... Maybe in the future when she has really seen how much Jun has grown up.

Personally out of all the people surrounding Jun I think Shinku understands him the most and I can see their relationship blossoming because of that and the trust that is building up between the two.

Quote:
If however, as potatochobit put it, Shinku the Alice turns into a girl of 13... then romantic love is very possible. Poor Tomoe.
You never know the prize could be a wish and she could wish Jun into a doll
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 04:02   Link #5217
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NezoR
Erk... she looked better without colors... he wasted her, too bad :/
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 04:02   Link #5218
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
You never know the prize could be a wish and she could wish Jun into a doll
!!!! Have you ever read the Belgariad by David Eddings? Something very similar happened. Anyway, that was a brainwave grey!

Last edited by Lost; 2006-08-18 at 05:18.
Old 2006-08-18, 05:34   Link #5219
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
!!!! Have you ever read the Belgariad by David Eddings? Something very similar happened. Anyway, that was a brainwave grey!
Is that the really really long series where people have bel stuck on their names? If so I have but it was so long ago! Thats probably where I got the idea from!

But if Shinku-sama (can't resist) did wish him into a doll, then it would fit the tea scene in the op. Also they as two dolls could make baby dolls together and by that I mean Jun could make them out of porcelein, not by some pervy method you may have been thinking of!
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 06:00   Link #5220
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
Is that the really really long series where people have bel stuck on their names? If so I have but it was so long ago! Thats probably where I got the idea from!
Something like that. Yeah, something similar happened; where the opposite of what the reader expected happened.

Quote:
But if Shinku-sama (can't resist) did wish him into a doll, then it would fit the tea scene in the op. Also they as two dolls could make baby dolls together and by that I mean Jun could make them out of porcelein, not by some pervy method you may have been thinking of!

LOL that was funny. Them making porcelain dolls together eh? I wonder what role will Rozen play. Father in law?

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural