AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-09, 12:44   Link #5261
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
I'm sure I'd try to. But I'd like to think I wouldn't go the route of damnation to do it.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 13:15   Link #5262
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Theres really only two options for Negi since Fate is hax. 1. Life (Gaining more power to win the fight, and save the magic world) or 2. Death (Confronting Fate while Negi is still weak and also being hit by the enroachment of magica erebea) Rash decisions have to be made and Negi has always jumped to making rash decisions just like Asuna says, Negi only thinks of him self mainly :P in this form he wants to become stronger...like every other time he made rash decisions lol
Old 2010-04-09, 13:20   Link #5263
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
He's being stupid, though. What enabled him to fight Fate on an equal basis wasn't the Magia Erebea. Fate said himself that all ME does is up Negi's power, his strength. What enabled him to fight was the advanced combat training he got from Rakan and his determination to learn it - and that was good determination. He should have found a better way to increase his damage output. Unlike McDowell, Rakan clearly wasn't shy about teaching him new combat spells, and come on, it's the magical world! There aren't advanced spellbooks for sale? Negi already could hold attack spells in reserve and release them with a punch.
To me, Magia Erebea was ... kinda unnecessary. Negi should have advanced his own techniques instead of going all 'I want power, I want power, waaa~!' and messing himself up.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 13:42   Link #5264
ZeroForever

Except Rakan told him in clear words that the difference in strength between him and fate wasn't something that could be gapped with normal means, and that if he took the standard path it would take years when he had at tops less then a month.

Of course he could ignore Rakan but generally it wouldn't be something that Rakan would have any reason to lie about. If you don't like the power up, none of us can force you to like it but it's pretty much explained in series that it was the only method in a short time that would work.
Old 2010-04-09, 13:44   Link #5265
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
Anyway, on to other things. I call bullhockey on the inhabitants of MM being 'just illusions'. Rakan was a local, or so I assume since he went 'poof' when hit with the Code of the Lifemaker. He was capable of a pactio - with a human born from Earth, no less. My conclusion: the beings who are 'born of the substance of the magical world' have souls, or at least a spiritual presence close enough to a soul to be acceptable to whatever spirits govern the pactio process.
Human bodies - and I suppose the youkai locals of the Negima setting, too - are born from the substance of the Earth, and nobody suggests they're mud dolls or illusionary.
Of course the Earth isn't a big illusion, while Mundus Magicus is, so it would be natural for its residents to be illusory as well (in the Negiverse "has physical existence" manner). Due to the level of magic involved in its creation (and I personally think the "input" of its original human inhabitants, who are also among the current residents' ancestors), its residents do have souls, but that doesn't require that their physical makeup has to be "real" in our sense of the term.
Old 2010-04-09, 14:02   Link #5266
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Where in the world does this talk about damnation keep coming from?

This word 'demon' keeps getting used like the comic is talking about the Rouge Angles of Satin.

All it means in this context, really, is 'Extremely powerful magical creature fueled by negative emotions.'
Old 2010-04-09, 16:30   Link #5267
DKN117

Have we actually seen any being that could truly be called a "demon" yet in this manga? Or are they all spirits and yōkai?

Also, I'm really curious about something:

Does the Lifemaker even have a physical body? Or is he just a sentient mass of dark magic wearing a cloak?

ALSO, PREDICTIONS:

Spoiler for Prediction:

Lastly, if anyone fell for it, I apologize for the "Chao" link joke.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 16:55   Link #5268
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Have we actually seen any being that could truly be called a "demon" yet in this manga? Or are they all spirits and yōkai?
The only reason they seem to be called 'demons' is because they come from 'somewhere else' and do not have normal bodies. When destroyed they either reform or are sent back to their home dimension again. It takes extraordinary effort to kill one. To date, all the 'demons' we have met are more punchclock villains than anything else. (Damnit, I got summoned again. What's THIS jackass want me to do?)

Quote:
Does the Lifemaker even have a physical body? Or is he just a sentient mass of dark magic wearing a cloak?
I think the Lifemaker HAD a body, otherwise he wouldn't be punchable. I got a guess on who was in the cloak too, from the information we've been given so far.

Spoiler:

Quote:
ALSO, PREDICTIONS:

Spoiler for Prediction:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-10, 01:19   Link #5269
AstroNerdBoy

Whew. A day later than what has been, but at least we got something. ^_^

http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/201...er-images.html

New battle harem shot! Can't wait for a clean scan of this w/ color job. ^_^

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 01:42   Link #5270
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Spoiler for ch286:
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 02:08   Link #5271
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Damn ken teasing us with a fight then to chit chat.

thanks for the link astro
Old 2010-04-10, 08:23   Link #5272
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian View Post
Spoiler for ch286:
Spoiler:
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 10:52   Link #5273
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
You know what really amazes me? Just, completely throws me? =_= All the while that the brain trust was talking with the scroll-based McDowell copy, not one of them suggested purging that Magia Erebea garbage from Negi. Not one. Amazing. They've established it's poisoning him, may transform him into a mindless Erebean carnage machine, and the only option they're considering is accelerating the process and mutating the dumb kid into an inhuman creature that can control the dark magic.

*sigh*

Anyway, on to other things. I call bullhockey on the inhabitants of MM being 'just illusions'. Rakan was a local, or so I assume since he went 'poof' when hit with the Code of the Lifemaker. He was capable of a pactio - with a human born from Earth, no less. My conclusion: the beings who are 'born of the substance of the magical world' have souls, or at least a spiritual presence close enough to a soul to be acceptable to whatever spirits govern the pactio process.
Human bodies - and I suppose the youkai locals of the Negima setting, too - are born from the substance of the Earth, and nobody suggests they're mud dolls or illusionary.

Ahem.

On another note: the reality of one's existence is decided on by the one who exists, not by an observer. Shame I have to kind of agree with Rakan on this, the big dumbass.
Why would they purge Magia Erebra... hasn't Negima been hitting us over the head with the message, "Power is power" and it doesn't matter how you acquire it... only how you use it? Haven't they been going on and on about light or dark... good/evil... it's all perspective... since the School Festival arc?
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 11:37   Link #5274
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Why would they purge Magia Erebra... hasn't Negima been hitting us over the head with the message, "Power is power" and it doesn't matter how you acquire it... only how you use it? Haven't they been going on and on about light or dark... good/evil... it's all perspective... since the School Festival arc?
Some folks don't quite grasp that, I don't think.

It's okay to hate something that deserves it. It's okay to be angry, be angry for the right reasons. If you DO hate something that deserves it, if you ARE angry for the right reasons, don't be afraid of it. Don't hide from it. But also don't let it master you.

And man, it doesn't matter what Fate and the Lifemaker and whoever else are trying to do, they've worked up over a planet's worth of righteous indignation from some very scary people, and someday it has to come due.
Old 2010-04-10, 11:51   Link #5275
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Why would they purge Magia Erebra...
Because it's killing him.
Old 2010-04-10, 11:59   Link #5276
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
It's not really killing him at this stage, just trying to finish the job of turning him into a youkai. Once he's assumed full control again and asserted his dominance over his powers properly it shouldn't be any problem at all.
Old 2010-04-10, 12:26   Link #5277
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
It's not really killing him at this stage, just trying to finish the job of turning him into a youkai. Once he's assumed full control again and asserted his dominance over his powers properly it shouldn't be any problem at all.
Uh huh. And the several people who told him his life would be in danger if the dark magic poisoning wasn't treated were completely wrong, I suppose? I don't buy it.
Old 2010-04-10, 12:29   Link #5278
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Uh huh. And the several people who told him his life would be in danger if the dark magic poisoning wasn't treated were completely wrong, I suppose? I don't buy it.
Scroll-Eva said it herself. She had assumed that a human would be eroded by the power, but she never imagined he would actually be Compatible. There is something in Negi that, instead of being poisoned by Magia Erebea is being transformed by it.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-10, 14:20   Link #5279
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Wrong...

No HUMAN has EVER used the technique...

They have no idea what is happening...

Even Copy-Eva has only spoken of possibilities...

EDIT:

Oh, and if it really was killing him...

I think Asuna already said it clearly once (or was it Chisame?) that there is no way anyone is going to stop Negi from doing what hes gonna do and that all they can do is support him and his decisions.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 17:38   Link #5280
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian View Post
Spoiler for ch286:
Spoiler for Battle Harem Shot:

Tags
action, fantasy