AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-06-01, 23:52   Link #53161
Kurazukara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
When I say completely independent, I meant it

No Tabane's command, no pilot, no frame limitation, all out monstrosity that get stronger for every second it's activated...

Of course, in the end I.S. frame are artificial, it can only get as strong as human engineering allow it. Therefore it's power progression won't be as bad as say, Hueco Mundo Arc Bleach or the Shinobi War Arc naruto.

So yes, I.S. as we know in canon will be defeated by a strong pilot no matter what it takes.
That is exactly what I'mherepresent's autonomous IS units are

And also those autonomous IS units evolve in a terrifying rate that almost the entire cast nearly died just trying to kill them and in the end it was revealed that it wasn't even that serious in fighting at all

But what you said it true. An IS's strength is determine by its creator, of its frame of course, and maybe the power of its core *points at Tabane*

And a powerful and determined pilot can overcome the odds... if the pilots has the necessary power to back up her powerful feelings...
Kurazukara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 23:55   Link #53162
demino_hellsin
That one guy

IS is an evolving mechanism. It has the capacity to evolve. But evolution needs to have a purpose to actually occur. The requirement to survive, the requirement to succeed. The IS in itself is already self-sustaining, it exists and therefore has no need to evolve. It doesn't even have complete sentience.

That's why the pilot is required for the IS to evolve, because the IS caters to the needs of the pilot. To the needs of the mission requirements. Normally it only makes minute adjustments and corrections like optimization of thrusters, power output and such. But sometimes the changes are on a scale where the IS is required a whole new set of equipment that minute adjustments can't make up for. That is Shifting.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 23:59   Link #53163
I'm-here-present

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
IS is an evolving mechanism. It has the capacity to evolve. But evolution needs to have a purpose to actually occur. The requirement to survive, the requirement to succeed. The IS in itself is already self-sustaining, it exists and therefore has no need to evolve. It doesn't even have complete sentience.

That's why the pilot is required for the IS to evolve, because the IS caters to the needs of the pilot. To the needs of the mission requirements. Normally it only makes minute adjustments and corrections like optimization of thrusters, power output and such. But sometimes the changes are on a scale where the IS is required a whole new set of equipment that minute adjustments can't make up for. That is Shifting.
That tweaked my brain! Thanks for pointing that out to me

Well an IS is a dependent weapon that is specifically designed to work in sync with the pilot. Now that I think about it maybe the reason why the IS evolved is to match the skills of its pilot or may save its pilot from an extreme situation.
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 00:30   Link #53164
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:

10/10 would use this explanation then
Old 2014-06-02, 00:39   Link #53165
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Give an IS its own purpose and it has the capacity to evolve limitlessly. Case in point, Silver Gospel.

EDIT:

What if an IS is conscious that it is perfect? What if it chooses its pilot because it wanted someone to make it imperfect so it can reach greater heights? An IS that believes its perfection is its greatest flaw.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2014-06-02 at 05:42.
Old 2014-06-02, 07:39   Link #53166
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
Give an IS its own purpose and it has the capacity to evolve limitlessly. Case in point, Silver Gospel.

EDIT:

What if an IS is conscious that it is perfect? What if it chooses its pilot because it wanted someone to make it imperfect so it can reach greater heights? An IS that believes its perfection is its greatest flaw.
I don`t know..I want something fully optimized
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 07:48   Link #53167
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Not sure what you mean. I was just saying that the IS chose the least optimal choice because it's there it can make the most improvement. By choosing the optimum solution from the start, there would be nothing left to achieve greater Evolution. The conditions for survival will have already been fulfilled.
Old 2014-06-02, 08:49   Link #53168
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Just like genes, I.S. evolution CAN be buggy, this was one of the few actually tech related topic in later volume (I forgot if it's 5, 6 or 7) hence human-assisted optimization.
Old 2014-06-02, 09:03   Link #53169
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was planning to use this reasoning as to why an IS core specifically chose Ichika.

Ichika: Wait. You chose me because I suck?

Core: No, I chose you because you had the most problems to fix.

Ichika: There's no difference!

Core: There is. You have the most potential to grow stronger.
Old 2014-06-02, 09:13   Link #53170
I'm-here-present

Quote:
I was planning to use this reasoning as to why an IS core specifically chose Ichika.

Ichika: Wait. You chose me because I suck?

Core: No, I chose you because you had the most problems to fix.

Ichika: There's no difference!

Core: There is. You have the most potential to grow stronger.
I agree... I kinda find it unfair that most people call Ichika a weakling. When Ichika trains hard enough and overcomes his ineptness, he can deck the top pilots if he wanted to.
Old 2014-06-02, 09:17   Link #53171
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Izuru did it.

ONORE IZURUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2014-06-02, 09:23   Link #53172
I'm-here-present

Sometimes i feel like i want to rant on Izuru in anger... but him creating IS is what's keeping me from hating him...

I'll keep my hopes up that volume 9 will at least show a hint of him giving Ichika a boost...
Old 2014-06-02, 09:34   Link #53173
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm not sure how to console you once you are forced to bury those hopes and dreams.
Old 2014-06-02, 09:48   Link #53174
I'm-here-present

Well, if that tragedy ever comes, I'll nurture those hopes and dreams of mine in my fic!
Old 2014-06-02, 09:48   Link #53175
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm ignoring almost everything that happen after V7

Only keeping Chifuyu and Tabane for their combat feats if nothing else
Old 2014-06-02, 09:53   Link #53176
I'm-here-present

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I'm ignoring almost everything that happen after V7

Only keeping Chifuyu and Tabane for their combat feats if nothing else
Same as me, I'm keeping tabs on any hints for Chifuyu and Tabane doing cool stuff or actually crossing swords with each other...
Old 2014-06-02, 09:57   Link #53177
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm ignoring carbon fiber Chifuyu. She's way more OP than that. She's supposed to be way more OP than that.
Old 2014-06-02, 09:59   Link #53178
I'm-here-present

If you want an OP Chifuyu, just put her in Kurazakura, or if you want even more firepower to be dished out... the White Knight.
Old 2014-06-02, 10:14   Link #53179
demino_hellsin
That one guy

My opinion of Her OPness is the ability to take down IS. With just an Uchigane katana.
Old 2014-06-02, 10:24   Link #53180
I'm-here-present

Oh that... well we shouldn't be surprised, this is Chifuyu the Bro-con goddess, her skills are unparalleled even without an IS.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest