AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-02-09, 11:05   Link #5321
Lex79

Yuri shippers are not as bad as fujoshis from my experience but they still manage to amaze me. I read a manga when two girl were talking about competing for the same boy and people were like "It's yuri! For real!".
Old 2020-02-09, 11:05   Link #5322
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 View Post
Giving Negi the benefit of the doubt (haha), I guess the quintuplet game might not be about picking Yotsuba out, but Fuutarou showing that he cares enough about all of them to be able to tell each of them apart.
That's entirely possible, since Negi skipped revisiting Grandpa. Unfortunately, it brings back the popular complaint how he could have gone against the will of the quints in Chapter 113 and could have talked things out one by one with the losers first. Now they are once again asking him to only choose one, his Bride. It would feel entirely the same as Yotsuba getting development after she was picked.

I'm curious about the Fuutarou-Papa Nakano talk from the spoilers. My interpratation from the summary is that Fuutarou highlights Isanari and Papa Nakano as role models, who dedicated their entire life to only one woman and making the dreams of their woman a reality, the woman they have loved. Fuutarou wants to be the same, wants to do the same for Yotsuba. The unexplored mother gets mentioned, her dream was the café, and Isanari supported her. Isanari both helps Nino and Miku, while also getting his mother's dream entrusted to capable people.
So once again, what exactly is Yotsuba's dream outside of being a Bride, which she promised with Fuutarou to make into a reality? This is why I complained about that. The manga explored Ichika's, Miku's, and Itsuki's. Nino's got half-assed by Negi, but at least it was something he set up before halfway. Yotsuba got the sports recommendation, not that she actually had dreams of doing something with sports. But even that was only something compulsory. What is her concrete profession, her dream in which Fuutarou needs to help her and dedicate his life to her outside of being a Bride? Not that Fuutarou's profession got revealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 View Post
STOP. Anything but that. It's the worst thing that came out of this manga.
Some people are already pulling out incest-yuri undertones out of nowhere and they haven't even seen 121.
Still sounds better than 5toubun being the prequel manga to the sequel Fuutarou-Yotsuba romance manga, hence all the off-screen developments.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-10, 00:57   Link #5323
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

OMG. What nonsense this manga has turned out to be?! Even the penultimate chapter is garbage-tier! /pukes.

I will never read another story written by this abomination of a writer even if Akasaka-sensei personally requests me to give this guy another chance.
Old 2020-02-10, 11:38   Link #5324
devil_slayer

Did Miku seriously just reject Ichika's offer to promote her shop? What is wrong with these people lol

People pay thousands to have their work promoted.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-10, 11:57   Link #5325
WingedAccelerator

Perfectly understandable, if you ask me.
Putting aside that somehow the media doesn't know Ichika is a quintuplet, Ichika has nothing to do with the efforts of Nino and Miku. When it comes to these shops, you have regular customers, who came to like your products. Ichika promoting them would only mean people come to the shop because of Ichika, not that they care about the shop and what they want to offer.
Old 2020-02-10, 12:37   Link #5326
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^How do people know about a shop and what it has to offer if not promoted smh
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-10, 12:48   Link #5327
devil_slayer

This is stupid. According to the chapter, Fuutarou's father helped them rent the place so it's not like they had no help at all. Promoting your material is a critical part of a healthy business, people may come because of Ichika at first if Miku and Nino manage to hook them up they will come as regular customers from thereon.

But she had to refuse because of "muh independent" smh.
Also, no wedding cake yet?
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-10, 13:14   Link #5328
WingedAccelerator

Both of you are unreasonable here.
Ichika is a big shot now, travels around a lot, filthy rich, has nothing to do with small, family oriented places like that in Aichi. Why doesn't she promote her sister being a good teacher to get her private lessons for good money, or promote her other sister as a good coach, private trainer, whatever Yotsuba does? It's their life, their life circumstances, their decisions, they are not entitled to accept her kindness. Even in high school, Miku said she is doing things on her own, Ichika didn't care, tried to force her dishonest help, and you know the rest.

The place is unused. They could have started from scratch, but last minute, small elaboration on the mother and Isanari explains that he wanted people to carry the torch of his wife. He didn't take money from Itsuki from all of her stays, so he most likely forced Nino and Miku to take the place and his kindness. That or he has to pull down the café at some point or watch the place rot in silence.
Old 2020-02-10, 13:30   Link #5329
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^As you said, somehow the world doesn't know that Ichika is quintuplet (which is very weird)
But they will be in the future (unless this is a weird alternate world where fans are not doing fans thing)
And some jerks will definitely attack her for never ever mentioning her family
"Oh, you are famous and you forget your family now? Bitch"
No need TV coverage, few insta-posts are fine, right?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-10, 14:23   Link #5330
WingedAccelerator

Miku explained to Ichika the details regarding Yotsuba recently moving to Fuutarou's place, then the rest of them noticed that she used Fuutarou instead of Uesugi-san. So it's safe to say that based on the first point, Ichika really separated from the rest, doesn't keep up with them that much due to her job. Itsuki and Nino also points this out, bringing English usage and the USA into the picture. Realism already is a lost cause, when only Ichika was the hot chick in the school, the rest are not. Remember, you nitcpicked about this as well, albeit I agree with you on this one.

All of them are still young, 22-23 years old. We don't even know how long did it take for them to finish their schools, most of them probably not even working for a year. It's fine, they are in the early stages to gradual success. It's better this way than with an artificial boom. They don't want to leech on Ichika. Imagine if the hype dies down and they want her to promote them again. That would just prove that they couldn't build up the customer's interest on their own.
Old 2020-02-10, 15:46   Link #5331
rulfo

So many retcons and inconsistencies to the previous bride chapters. Negi making it seem like Raiha was only there on the rehearsal when a rehearsal only consists of key people that have an important role for the ceremony. Literally, everyone was in the previous bride chapter. He really isn't trying anymore. Also, Fuutarou's mom only getting one panel explanation was such a slap. I think there was also a age mismatch when Fuutarou said she died 10 years ago because I remember him saying that his mom died when he was very young. 12+ is not very young and you can remember most of the stuff that happens there.

Seriously. Fuck you Negi.

Last edited by rulfo; 2020-02-10 at 15:58.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 11:40   Link #5332
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

looks like all the girls haven't moved on yet... Nino still holds her grudge.. rofl

and we are arrived into the final gacha game.. pick carefully, Fuutarou
welp.. as long as you don't get Itsuki, I still think it is a victory Nino, Miku, Ichika, Yotsuba are equally good
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 11:49   Link #5333
Hakai

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
He's still saying that

Maruo was the best thing about this chapter
Old 2020-02-11, 12:13   Link #5334
Lex79

Other than the final quintuplet game that I find stupid it was a nice chapter. I guess if Fuutarou at least manages to tell all of them apart it will be fitting for the ending.
Nino as a comic relief works surprisingly well, it was amusing and cathartic.
Old 2020-02-11, 12:53   Link #5335
WingedAccelerator

When you think the translation will make things better, only to get disappointed again...

Nice color page. Remember the "graduating with a smile on your face" recurring line? Graduation is entirely skipped, Fuutarou is not smiling, Ichika doesn't have a cylinder.

Speaking of Ichika, Negi certainly did an overkill with how big she has become. She was already pretty big by the end of high school, so it's like he couldn't portray that she got even better without making her some sort of diva.
Funnily enough, one of Itsuki's character biography's said she can't ride a bicycle and she thinks she hid this fact from the other quints, but they know. As a misdirection, she got a driving licence instead. Well played.

Nino and Miku looks hella fine. But middle finger to Negi for pairing them up again, shitting on Nino's character even in the penultimate chapter. As Fuutarou once said: "Incomprehensible."
Am I misinterpreting what Ichika has said, or Miku actually substituted Ichika for some role when she was sick off-screen once? Ichika could refer to the Maeda business, but that was ages ago and she specifically used being sick here. One of Miku's character biography's also said she started imitating people outside of the quints. We may never know.
On Page 10, there are 5 representative items of the quints on the shelf, although I don't know what's Itsuki's supposed to be. Ichika's hat, Nino's doll, Sengoku helmet for Miku, Camel as Yotsuba's favorite animal and ?????

Yotsuba is the same Yotsuba/KG as ever. All of the hints about the Bride's personality was also meant nothing. Only recently living with Fuutarou, the first name basis is new to the quints after 5 years. The greatest romance of all time.

The earring hint... You know, this information was new to me, but apparently, Rena didn't have an earring originally in the magazine version, the volume version added it. How nice. There is Nino, who wants to pierce her ear by the time of her wedding, there is Miku, who looks like Rena and aquired the mighty pancakes, there is Itsuki, who admires Rena the most, but Yotsuba is the Rena representative of the quints, the one, who couldn't even understood what their mother meant when she put importance on their bonds. Textbook example of a cheerleader ending, carrying the winner to the top.

Graduation is skipped. Fact. Do you want another fact? All of the flashforwards also took place before the wedding part of this chapter, Negi won't repeat them. Facepalm. Don't have hopes for the BK, Rena, KG, KG2 at this point, so it will be a surprise if Negi actually bothers to reveal them and address the motives as well.

I already said my piece about Fuutarou's talk with Papa Nakano. It's hollow if your Bride's only dream was to be a Bride. But I thought it further. Rena got brought up several times by the quints. How come Fuutarou never talked about his mother outside of one occassion? It's as if he holds a grudge against her for the debt and couldn't be happier to leave that shithole to Nino and Miku. Screw anyone, who is interested in cooking. It was a death sentence.
Old 2020-02-11, 13:28   Link #5336
Shadow5YA

It's a bit unrealistic for them to be playing this game now of all times.

Even if they're genetically identical quintuplets, the fact that they're adults who have lived at least two decades under different circumstances means they should have some variance in physique. Even if they could easily adjust their hairstyles, you can't tell me that an actor who has been actively traveling and spending time in America has the exact same body composition as a teacher.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 15:23   Link #5337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Nino as a comic relief works surprisingly well, it was amusing and cathartic.
After her confession in chapter 60 a comic relief and a plot device is the only thing Nino was used for. Starting with Futarou not being able to recognize her in the bath during Scrambled Eggs. And it never changed.

She didn't get any closure to her feelings even after 5 years have passed.
We didn't even get to see a single thought from her in this volume.
She's the only one who didn't get to complete her character arc because Negi retconned her resolution from chapter 43 to become independent.
Her dream got retconned.
Even though Fuutarou promised Maruo to help them realize their dreams he never even talked with Nino.
Her future plans that have been conciously put away for 20 chapters got trashed at the last second because her development got cancelled and she can't live without her sisters.
Despite all of this she's still the only one who didn't get to accomplish her retconned dream of owning nr.1 cake shop in Japan.
Now she's stuck with Miku running Fuutarou's mother's shop (which has nothing to do with cakes btw)
Is this a coming of age story?
Because aside from accepting Fuutarou Nino hasn't changed. She's still the girl who's dependent on her sisters.
Did she at least manage to become successful in her career?
Ichika went from a small time actress with shitty roles to some international star.
Itsuki went from a dumbo who failed even after studying to an actual teacher.
Miku went from having a negative skill in cooking to passing a cooking school and running a restaurant.
What did Nino accomplish?
Being paired with Miku is even worse because it highlights how Nino hasn't grown at all. You could take Nino from chapter 1 and put her in this chapter and nothing would've changed because there's 0 indication of her progress as a cook. 5 years of complete stagnation.

But, yeah. She's just a comic relief. Let's laugh and be amused by her.

Even chapter 14 that was one of my favourites because it showed early on that she can get along with Fuutarou got trashed. Because it's not enough to shit on her. Negi had to shit on her fans who actually thought it was a clue for her.
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 23:53   Link #5338
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Eh, wow ...

Just read the latest chapter and never expected it's going to be all over the places;
As if author thinking its the last chapter soon, doesn't matter if I didn't take it seriously.

A model just return from America, so its equal to popular? Sure.
I wanted to run this shop with my own strength? Uh, hello, your sister is a popular actress with same face as you.
MC talking about dad and mom things somehow have no impact; surely its normal to talk about it in wedding but have this dad and mom things actually matters for MC throughout the manga?

Poor Nino, this manga closed itself as 3-toubun + 2.

If we wanted to nitpicking, the quintuplet game is very unrealistic.
Preparing 5 dress, make-up for 5 people, for a 5 minutes game right before the ceremony is a good waste of money and time.
Old 2020-02-12, 00:30   Link #5339
Sixth
Hu Tao

Yes, the "spot the real quint" game is finally here. Did not disappointed because I always to see that in this manga.

One more chapter to go.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-12, 01:09   Link #5340
Chosen_Hero

Gee, I wonder which one he is going to choose between the one he chose, dated for five years, moved in with and wanted to marry, the one that basically gave up half way due to her character development imploding, the one that only ever flirted, the one that got everything she ever did retconned so hard she barely even appeared after, or the Itsuki. What a mystery.

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck