AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2015-10-17, 10:03   Link #5341
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
Well that is NOT her motivation to do so.
That wasn't her only motivation, but it was her main motivation.
Old 2015-10-17, 10:50   Link #5342
EdRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottmarsen View Post
I'm a bit confused. What's there to improve if what i quoted was a translation misunderstanding?
Excuse me if i was being unclear, let me elaborate.

I was saying that Kawahara is improving their relationship apart from any misunterstanding in that regard. He has been toning down Kirito's relationships with the other girls, Sachi went from first love to no romantic interest at all, to mention one example. Then you have the Progressive novels in which he is expanding upon their relationship as well as his Sugary Days side stories. If you consider those while also having his quote about their relationship in your mind, there is about a snowball's chance in hell that the series will end polygamous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
The fact that Alice is still trying to get with Kirito, to the point that she mailed her robot body to Kirito's house, and calling his parents Mom and Dad?
It's pretty much stated that Kirito and Asuna were married for 200 years in Underworld—but that's only "Stacia Asuna and Star King Kirito"
Immediately after they got out, they had those 200 years of memories erased (because otherwise there wouldn't be room for new memories) which basically is like saying that never happened to them, and now Alice is still trying to get into Kirito's pants.

It ends with a silly as fuck love-triangle.
I wouldn't call it a love triangle unless Kirito is actually interested. Alice isn't so different from anyone else who's fallen for Kirito - with the exception that she does not respect their relationship and hits on Kirito anyway. I'm not sure whether Kawahara would have Alice behave differently in the LN, but it'll just end up being onesided on her part.

Last edited by EdRed; 2015-10-17 at 11:01.
EdRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 11:23   Link #5343
Daedric dishwasher

But I'd say compared to the other girls, this girl actually have a chance.(Although I think it's small)
Anyhow I'd prefer her to be just with Eugeo. but well.
Daedric dishwasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 11:44   Link #5344
EdRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedric dishwasher View Post
But I'd say compared to the other girls, this girl actually have a chance.(Although I think it's small)
Anyhow I'd prefer her to be just with Eugeo. but well.
Well, part of her is. So there's that.

Are you talking WN or LN here?

In the WN, she might arguably have a small one.

In the current LN, i'd argue that she hasn't any, going from the whole "love and trust" approach the author is taking.
Old 2015-10-18, 00:35   Link #5345
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That wasn't her only motivation, but it was her main motivation.
which is NOT the case.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 10:55   Link #5346
EdRed

Quote:
which is NOT the case.
Would you mind to elaborate a bit in that regard - this topic is quite of interest to me as well.
Old 2015-10-18, 11:21   Link #5347
Kazu-kun

Quote:
which is NOT the case.
Of course it is.
Old 2015-10-18, 19:52   Link #5348
Gazdav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedric dishwasher View Post
thanks for the reply.
well, I kinda hoped for someone(villain or not) with pure-swords skills to be stronger than yuuki for our MCs' to beat, It's anti-climactic for me to have them be forever subpar to the ones they faced before, I'm that type of guy . I guess I won't get the kind of development I want. But I'm still interested what would happen.
I would not say that... Given the main antagonist is far far far more deadly than any that have gone before in the series.

He has more than enough skill to kill any MC IRL with no problems and there would be nothing the MC's could do to stop it. He Was able to kill any GGO player with no weapons. And was also proberly the single most deadly character in the series. PoH is also his underling of sorts.

However given that The only VR game in the series that was based on pure-sword skill was Sword Art Online it's self.

After Aincrad things got far more complex. With the introduction of Magic in ALO and then in Underworld Incarnation, Sacred Art's and Secret Moves at that point pure sword skill is no longer valid as to not use the others would put the MC's at a sever disadvantage.
Gazdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 22:17   Link #5349
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Of course it is.
Why do you read if you simply imagine
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRed View Post
Would you mind to elaborate a bit in that regard - this topic is quite of interest to me as well.
Just as what Alice and Rinko said, after with the heavy pressure applied to her under that situation, she tired and disheartened, thus she come to meet Kirito to find back her faith.
Old 2015-10-18, 23:10   Link #5350
EdRed

Quote:
Just as what Alice and Rinko said, after with the heavy pressure applied to her under that situation, she tired and disheartened, thus she come to meet Kirito to find back her faith.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out!
Old 2015-10-19, 00:12   Link #5351
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Why do you read if you simply imagine
I think you just can't read between the lines.
Quote:
When she went to his house, she asked Kirito what she thought about her, and he said she was really important because she represents the link between the real world and UW. This helped her find her faith back, yes, but it also disappointed her. She would have liked Kirito to think of her as just a girl. That was answer she was hoping for.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2015-10-19 at 03:13.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-19, 05:25   Link #5352
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
I think you just can't read between the lines.

When she went to his house, she asked Kirito what she thought about her, and he said she was really important because she represents the link between the real world and UW. This helped her find her faith back, yes, but it also disappointed her. She would have liked Kirito to think of her as just a girl. That was answer she was hoping for.
When she went to his house, she first raged about kirito leave her out and face the upcoming situation on his own, stated that she as a knight, a human born for fight, would stay there to face the situation in case if Kirito ever mention about what would happen, and then questioned Kirito what do he treat she as by leaving her out without stating anything that. Kiritp replied that he think alice is the hope of him and hope of people in UW and he would like to link the hope to the future. However Alice asked about what kind of future can she give with a body and life of this way and Kirito responded that even he won't know about the future but with her existence the future would be changed. Alice went into long silent, then after contacted Rinko, walked around Kirito's house and fought against Kirito, she finally made up her mind and decided that she can fight on as long as she can still hold sword in her hand.

Probably you have read a bit too much fanfic to understand "want to fight together instead of being left alone" as romance love?
Old 2015-10-19, 12:52   Link #5353
dubvoight

In the current light novel and web novel is their really a love triangle between Alice, Kirito, and Asuna, or is that just how some see it
dubvoight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-20, 09:35   Link #5354
EdRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubvoight View Post
In the current light novel and web novel is their really a love triangle between Alice, Kirito, and Asuna, or is that just how some see it
The answer to that is no with regards to the current Light Novel. Kawahara has made it very clear that Asuna and Kirito are in love. This statement is quite prohibitive in regard to a love triangle, imo.

For the Web Novel the answer would probably be, that it is how some people view it.

Last edited by EdRed; 2015-10-20 at 09:49.
Old 2015-10-20, 12:53   Link #5355
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubvoight View Post
For the web novel, read the summary of the ending yourself and make your own conclusions:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3769

For me, it's pretty obvious it's meant as an unresolved love triangle ending. The last few paragraphs make it obvious, with both girls arguing over Kirito and he not making it clear who he is going out with.

We know Kirito loves Asuna, but that doesn't mean he can't love other girls too.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2015-10-20 at 15:22.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-20, 17:31   Link #5356
EdRed

Depending on how you personally define love, it can certainly mean that he can't love someone else. And Kawahara seems to push the "true love" angle in the LN/Sidestores, imo.

Loving more than one person is not exactly what i would call the standard situation either. Unless there's an indication that this might be the case, i don't see a reason to asaume it.

Unless i'm severly mistaken here, Kirito has yet to express or think any romantic affection for Alice. And he's currently a vegetable, i don't see where it would come from at this point.
Old 2015-10-20, 18:01   Link #5357
Kazu-kun

Quote:
And Kawahara seems to push the "true love" angle in the LN/Sidestores, imo.
What true love? Everyone loves Kirito, but Kirito's true love, if such a thing exists, is the virtual world, not Asuna.

That's why Yuuki warned Asuna about that. Kirito's nš1 in his heart will always be the virual world. Asuna will never be as important to him as that. That's why their relationship is so unbalanced and why she's always chasing after him while he follows his dreams and goals. He's never really looking at her.
Old 2015-10-20, 18:08   Link #5358
EdRed

Well, our interpretations seem to differ severly.

To elaborate just on one point, never looking at her - Kirito spends what amounts to several pages describing her beauty during the series. His last thoughts before he goes Vegito go out to her.

But i don't think that we're gonna end up agreeing in that regard anyway.
Old 2015-10-20, 18:10   Link #5359
Kazu-kun

Quote:
To elaborate just on one point, never looking at her - Kirito spends what amounts to several pages describing her beauty during the series.
That's obviously not what I was talking about.
Old 2015-10-20, 18:12   Link #5360
EdRed

Sorry, i'm not a native speaker and i did not intentionally misinterpret what you said.
What were you saying?

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality