AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-04-27, 17:57   Link #5361
lovetospoon73

have u guys think about what would life be like for the characters if IS units were never invented? or did u guys already talked about it, if u guys did, then ingnore this post!

Last edited by lovetospoon73; 2015-04-27 at 20:37.
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 23:07   Link #5362
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I think IS should just die off if Izuru has no intention of carrying this series properly.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 03:18   Link #5363
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

It's actually quite amusing to watch the whole IS - TAMNI debate.

But useless, after all.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 18:06   Link #5364
lovetospoon73

does anyone know what happen in LN vol 9?

do u guys think that the IS pilots aren't using the full power of their iS units, think about it, ichika was only use ing a small amount of byakushiki's power & it has many secrets, i wonder if all IS units have secret abilities that hasn't been discovered yet, tabane, takenashi & chifuyu were know for keeping secrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslight View Post
Let me tell you all why Ichika isn't really a bad character.

Most common complaints.

1.) Ichika is weak:

Houki - National kendo champion
Cecilia - A-ranked representative cadet
Laura - Augmented super soldier
Charlotte - Father manufactures IS
Rin - Definitely has some kind of military training.

So these girls all had high aptitude to use the IS, that's why they're attending ISA.
On the other hand:

Ichika - Did kendo for a while... that's about it. Only reason he's in ISA is because his sister made him so he doesn't get kidnapped by some foreign country and experimented on.

Now this unremarkable person managed to nearly defeat an A-ranked rep-cadet, defeated a few unmanned IS's, and stop America's experimental IS that went rogue.
So how the heck is that weak? That's bloody amazing if you ask me, I mean sure, he had help, but he was the one who finished them off.

2.) Ichika is dense.

While true, imagine if he wasn't... what did you think of? A school paradise? Well, it isn't that easy, because the moment he makes a move on a girl, he'd be dead.
The suspects? Five mentally unstable women.

Remember in the anime when Charlotte pulled her dress up to show Ichika that she was wearing panties, then immediately proceeded to punch him?
Or that time when Cecilia wore some lucky underwear in hopes of seducing Ichika, but a few hours prior, she punched him for seeing her breasts when she stood up? And also that time in her dream...

Seriously, what do they want?! Ichika is always on the receiving end whether it's his fault or not. They don't even know what they want, so how the heck should Ichika know?

Let me just quote an a/non from 4chan:
Spoiler:

Ichika is really trying his best, despite being objectified by the girls of ISA, being in the shadow of his sister, and dealing with the guilt of causing her sister to lose the tournament. If there's anyone who needs to change it's the girls... maybe take some logic and some anger management classes.
Most harem involve magical or technological fighting, the MC have a reason to fight, what he should have done is use that guilt as a reason to get stronger, plus the girls usually fight his own battles

i think there was a link telling when the release date for LN vol 10 a while ago, but i can't remember what the website is or who posted it, doe anyone know? if u do post the link

Last edited by Kotohono; 2015-05-01 at 12:41.
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 21:18   Link #5365
tuckersister

Is there any new info for the series?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 22:14   Link #5366
SILENTANIMELOVER

The only thing I've heard is that Vol. 10 of the LN is supposed to be released May 25th. I'm really skeptical about that.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 08:09   Link #5367
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENTANIMELOVER View Post
The only thing I've heard is that Vol. 10 of the LN is supposed to be released May 25th. I'm really skeptical about that.
He means this: http://www.e-hon.ne.jp/bec/SI/BunkoS...1505&listcnt=0

No cover, no preview, nothing.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 10:50   Link #5368
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
He means this: http://www.e-hon.ne.jp/bec/SI/BunkoS...1505&listcnt=0

No cover, no preview, nothing.
>Based Izuru
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 09:06   Link #5369
SILENTANIMELOVER

I guess will have to wait to see if this is true or somebody screwing with the fans.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 06:18   Link #5370
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
does anyone know what happen in LN vol 9?

do u guys think that the IS pilots aren't using the full power of their iS units, think about it, ichika was only use ing a small amount of byakushiki's power & it has many secrets, i wonder if all IS units have secret abilities that hasn't been discovered yet, tabane, takenashi & chifuyu were know for keeping secrets

Most harem involve magical or technological fighting, the MC have a reason to fight, what he should have done is use that guilt as a reason to get stronger, plus the girls usually fight his own battles

i think there was a link telling when the release date for LN vol 10 a while ago, but i can't remember what the website is or who posted it, doe anyone know? if u do post the link
True, all of it. Honestly. The girls should really take some anger management classes or something.

Houki tends to almost kill Ichika based on simple misunderstandings pretty much all the time.

I still hope Ichika can eventually understand the feelings of the main heroines, at least. Otherwise, it's really frustrating for me.

All that said, though, I need to ask what he sees and hears of the five main heroines that makes him start avoiding them. Could he have found out about their feelings, or is there something else?

I haven't read Volume 8 or 9 yet; I think I read Volume 7, but I'm not sure. I'm rereading it from Volume 3 while trying to see where I left off.
Old 2015-05-19, 10:58   Link #5371
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
What would Houki and the girls do once Ichika finds out their true feelings for him?
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 13:17   Link #5372
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm not sure; get embarrassed and try to cover it up? Or, worse, try to kill him out of embarrassment?
Old 2015-05-19, 21:54   Link #5373
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I'm not sure; get embarrassed and try to cover it up? Or, worse, try to kill him out of embarrassment?
Try to kill him? Why they wanted to do that once Ichika understand their feelings? What more do they want from him.
Old 2015-05-20, 16:28   Link #5374
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If they'd try to kill him (or at least think about it) whenever they see him with some girl, even if it's one of the 5 or if it's some other girl entirely, then something like that also comes to mind.

But naturally, if what they feel for Ichika is really and truly love, they wouldn't do that. I'd expect that they'd think of Ichika's happiness as their own, and would be happy no matter whom he chose to be with because that's what true love is - basically, if they can't feel that way, than what have for him is not true love. I feel that it's where you're willing to be content with whatever choice the person you love makes, and will happiness in their happiness; you'd be happy when that person happy, sad when they are, and feel pain when they do. That's what it's like to truly love someone, I'd think. Sadly, though, most manga/anime heroines don't understand this. So I'm kind of afraid.

I think the only one gentle, understanding and kind enough to feel that way out of the five main heroines is Charlotte. But I hope that Houki is, too, to some extent, as well as the others. But Houki apparently wants to stubbornly think that she doesn't love him, but is just mad that he's no longer "as strong as he used to be while he was still actively doing kendo". If she still think that way, that's really sad, IMO.

If you guys can spare me quick spoiler, what does Ichika see and overhear of the five main heroines in Volume 8 that makes him start avoiding them? And is there still a chance of him choosing one of them as his girlfriend and (hopefully) future wife by the end of the series, or is he doomed to be a siscon who will stay forever alone other than his sister's company (he was enticed by Chifuyu in a swimsuit before, wasn't he? That makes him, quite sadly, a siscon (even if in part))?

But really, if he does find out about their feelings, what would they do? Try to go after him even more aggressively? If that's the case, then depending on how intense and aggressive they could get, I could sort of understand Ichika trying to avoid them, but I still need confirmation before I actually get to that point in the LN.
Old 2015-05-20, 20:58   Link #5375
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
If they'd try to kill him (or at least think about it) whenever they see him with some girl, even if it's one of the 5 or if it's some other girl entirely, then something like that also comes to mind.

But naturally, if what they feel for Ichika is really and truly love, they wouldn't do that. I'd expect that they'd think of Ichika's happiness as their own, and would be happy no matter whom he chose to be with because that's what true love is - basically, if they can't feel that way, than what have for him is not true love. I feel that it's where you're willing to be content with whatever choice the person you love makes, and will happiness in their happiness; you'd be happy when that person happy, sad when they are, and feel pain when they do. That's what it's like to truly love someone, I'd think. Sadly, though, most manga/anime heroines don't understand this. So I'm kind of afraid.

I think the only one gentle, understanding and kind enough to feel that way out of the five main heroines is Charlotte. But I hope that Houki is, too, to some extent, as well as the others. But Houki apparently wants to stubbornly think that she doesn't love him, but is just mad that he's no longer "as strong as he used to be while he was still actively doing kendo". If she still think that way, that's really sad, IMO.

If you guys can spare me quick spoiler, what does Ichika see and overhear of the five main heroines in Volume 8 that makes him start avoiding them? And is there still a chance of him choosing one of them as his girlfriend and (hopefully) future wife by the end of the series, or is he doomed to be a siscon who will stay forever alone other than his sister's company (he was enticed by Chifuyu in a swimsuit before, wasn't he? That makes him, quite sadly, a siscon (even if in part))?

But really, if he does find out about their feelings, what would they do? Try to go after him even more aggressively? If that's the case, then depending on how intense and aggressive they could get, I could sort of understand Ichika trying to avoid them, but I still need confirmation before I actually get to that point in the LN.
So what you're saying is that Ichika need some time to think before making a decision, huh?
Old 2015-05-22, 06:42   Link #5376
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, but it also depends on which of them he likes, if anyone at all, right? Just choosing one without taking his own feelings into consideration wouldn't be fair to them.
Old 2015-05-22, 06:59   Link #5377
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Yeah, but it also depends on which of them he likes, if anyone at all, right? Just choosing one without taking his own feelings into consideration wouldn't be fair to them.
See the funny thing about it is that i think there's a clear hierarchy for he girls already as far as relationships go. I'll add kanzashi and tatenashi and this is what i think the rankings are atm (Trying to use ichika's perspective instead of my own)
I'll give them a number from 1-10 1 being lowest on ichika affection level.

1. Houki- Childhood friend he clearly remembers details about houki that you wouldnt remember unless they were special. Definitely likes her and has shown it on occasions. Also explains ignorance of the other girls 10
2. Chifuyu- big sister raised him as a child and there's a clear bond thats maybe a little more then family 10
3. Charlotte- Reminds Ichika of himself and he understand the struggle that charlotte has and appreciates that. They have a very tight bond but i dont think its higher then Houki's 8
4. Tatenashi- Teases him way too much but if she wasnt teasing she's still gorgeous. 7
5. Rin- Childhood friend but the reason she's so low is that it feels like she was a friend in his dark days when Chifuyu wasnt around. The fact that he forgot so many details about Rin is a bit terrifying. 7
6. Cecelia- Classmate important comrade but minimal romantic interest other then the fact she's attractive does he react to her yes but does he consider her a romantic interest Nope. 5 (3 of the points are because they're teammates)
7. Laura- Same as Cecelia except her actions are borderline ridiculous. Even we would find Laura a bit odd if she took those actions IRL 5 (4 of those points are teammate based)
8. Kanzashi- Important comrade but minimal romantic interest. This is a classic guilt trip relationship. Tatenashi got Ichika to feel guilty because his IS messed up hers and thats the extent of the relationship. 5 (4 are based on the fact she's part of the team).

Ignoring the behavoir is easy to do because as you can kinda see most of the girls he lacks romantic interest and its easy to ignore those. Some feelings he likely ignores BECAUSE he needs the "team" to work together. Is he an idiot YES but he's a lot like Kodaka from Haganai and thats unfortunately the saddest part

EDIT: All you guys talking about the girls understanding Ichika's feelings lets face it world purge which was vol 7 i believe you saw what the idealized version of Ichika was and frankly it was pretty bad for all of the girls except for Houki really. Tatenashi Kanzashi and Chifuyu didnt have there's but thats not a bad thing. Maybe tatenashi would've been interesting. Afterwards he couldnt respond to the girls because it was so ridiculous

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2015-05-22 at 07:02. Reason: talk about the girls understandings
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 06:20   Link #5378
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I read all of Volume 8 and and up to 14% of Chapter 2 in Volume 9. Tatenashi (Katana? she's named after a sword, huh?) just fell for our number one blockhead of blockheads, Orimura Ichika, and it seems like she doesn't understand how much of a blockhead he actually is unless I missed something.

And yeah, I get now: He witnessed their delusions of him in the World Purge and was embarrassed by them, which was why he started to avoid them at the end of Volume 8 - it's back to normal now, though. However, I can understand him avoiding the other four since their delusions were the embarrassing and ridiculous ones, but Houki? All she imagined was an Ichika who was much stronger than her in kendo, and thus also very amazing. There's nothing ridiculous there, and the only embarrassing part would be to think that she held him in such high regard in her delusions.

As for Houki's delusions in World Purge, though, I'm certainly bothered by the fact that there was nothing perverted. I get the feeling she'd even have trouble agreeing to "do it" with him on their first night, once they got married (if they do, which they might). I'm even worried she'd hit him a bit too much in her embarrassment. She's just too pure when it comes to this stuff, she tries to avoid anything indecent. Really worrisome.

All that said, though, does Ichika still not get how those five feel about him? Is he seriously that much of a blockhead? I think they should just come out and confess their feelings to him - the tsundere ones should just drop the Tsun-tsun attitude for a while while they're at it, too. And I also think that the Sarashiki sisters should confess their feelings to him, too.

Ichika's also more awkward and uncomfortable around the more beautiful girls because he isn't used it to, right? He gets even more awkward and embarrassed than the average guy would. I don't remember the reason he gave for it, but I do remember reading about that in Volume 7 or 8 somewhere.

As for the relationship between him and Chifuyu seeming like it might be more than a familial relationship really bothers me. Is he a siscon? Or does he just get conscious purely because of her body and nothing more (that in itself screams that he might be a siscon, but oh, well)?
Old 2015-05-24, 11:36   Link #5379
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Yeah, I read all of Volume 8 and and up to 14% of Chapter 2 in Volume 9. Tatenashi (Katana? she's named after a sword, huh?) just fell for our number one blockhead of blockheads, Orimura Ichika, and it seems like she doesn't understand how much of a blockhead he actually is unless I missed something.

And yeah, I get now: He witnessed their delusions of him in the World Purge and was embarrassed by them, which was why he started to avoid them at the end of Volume 8 - it's back to normal now, though. However, I can understand him avoiding the other four since their delusions were the embarrassing and ridiculous ones, but Houki? All she imagined was an Ichika who was much stronger than her in kendo, and thus also very amazing. There's nothing ridiculous there, and the only embarrassing part would be to think that she held him in such high regard in her delusions.

As for Houki's delusions in World Purge, though, I'm certainly bothered by the fact that there was nothing perverted. I get the feeling she'd even have trouble agreeing to "do it" with him on their first night, once they got married (if they do, which they might). I'm even worried she'd hit him a bit too much in her embarrassment. She's just too pure when it comes to this stuff, she tries to avoid anything indecent. Really worrisome.

All that said, though, does Ichika still not get how those five feel about him? Is he seriously that much of a blockhead? I think they should just come out and confess their feelings to him - the tsundere ones should just drop the Tsun-tsun attitude for a while while they're at it, too. And I also think that the Sarashiki sisters should confess their feelings to him, too.

Ichika's also more awkward and uncomfortable around the more beautiful girls because he isn't used it to, right? He gets even more awkward and embarrassed than the average guy would. I don't remember the reason he gave for it, but I do remember reading about that in Volume 7 or 8 somewhere.

As for the relationship between him and Chifuyu seeming like it might be more than a familial relationship really bothers me. Is he a siscon? Or does he just get conscious purely because of her body and nothing more (that in itself screams that he might be a siscon, but oh, well)?
Well, perhaps that the best way to solve this love problem is for them to come out and confess their feelings. Maybe that Ichika's afraid that these girls might not like him after all of this. What do you think?
Old 2015-05-24, 12:07   Link #5380
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Well, perhaps that the best way to solve this love problem is for them to come out and confess their feelings. Maybe that Ichika's afraid that these girls might not like him after all of this. What do you think?
Izuru just doesn't give a shit about the series anymore.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen