3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 2.20%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-20, 21:03   Link #521
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
What first death flag? It was obvious that her contract was to die, and that it wouldn't occur. Hence this episode being a bit more cliche than others. I don't really care about the overall message when the words are specifically chosen by the writters, they don't just chose words at random. They could have conveyed the same message, far more lovingly even, without aluding to death.
What do you mean it was obvious it wouldn't occur? I don't remember you ever putting something like that up before... Regardless, I'll take my chances and maintain my faith for C.C thank you very much
Old 2008-07-20, 21:08   Link #522
kramerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Actually, after watching this episode, I have a speculation about Marianne, or however you spell Lelouch's mother's name.
Spoiler for Speculation:
What are your thoughts on this?

Spoiler for speculation:

I'm still wondering what the deal is with the small clips of the black and white people walking, and then the mass of skulls and the pendulum :S We've seen it before in R1 when people tried to grab C.C.

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 21:11   Link #523
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
What do you mean it was obvious it wouldn't occur? I don't remember you ever putting something like that up before? Regardless, I'll take my chances and maintain my faith for C.C thank you very much
She had plot armor, simple. Just about everyone was certain her contract was to die, but she herself couldn't die this early. The only way it wouldn't have been obvious was if it had been belated until later, which it wasn't. If you're curious for where I've guessed at this happening, check the C.C. thread, if memory serves.

Her plot armor is now gone, and in its place is a death flag. Just as had happened to Shirley. I am simply pointing out that words are not just chosen at random, they are chosen to tell us something. That is a key part of Code Geass' method of telling a story.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 21:13   Link #524
Kovensky
Timer
*Fansubber

@kramerica: That is her mind-raping power. I don't know on who did she use it tough.

MPlayer FTW! Get my win32 build here; now with multithreading
/me is usually idling on #mplayer@chat.freenode.net or #cccp@irc.rizon.net
\SHAMEIMARU/
Kovensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 21:14   Link #525
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
She had plot armor, simple. Just about everyone was certain her contract was to die, but she herself couldn't die this early. The only way it wouldn't have been obvious was if it had been belated until later, which it wasn't. If you're curious for where I've guessed at this happening, check the C.C. thread, if memory serves.

Her plot armor is now gone, and in its place is a death flag. Just as had happened to Shirley. I am simply pointing out that words are not just chosen at random, they are chosen to tell us something. That is a key part of Code Geass' method of telling a story.
So because she didn't die now she will undoubtedly die later? Bah to you Var, there's just no use talking to you

You know, despite its black outline I believe Code Geass is not destined for the utmost tragedy and thus I will once again maintain that there is and will be hope so once again, I place my trust that things will work out well enough by the end and that includes things with C.C <_<
Old 2008-07-20, 21:17   Link #526
ThoHell

All I got to say is.....Wow C.C., from sexy mature to timidly cute.....ep 16 should be interesting!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 21:18   Link #527
Var
Banned

Quote:
So because she didn't die now she will undoubtedly die later? Bah to you Var
No, I said the likelihood of her dieing has increased substantially. She now can die, and the words Lelouch used are not exactly reassuring when you take note that the last time he used something similar Shirley ended up dieing. Everything comes with a price, for C.C. it is that she will experience happiness/love but she is now able to die.

Quote:
You know, despite its black outline I believe Code Geass is not destined for the utmost tragedy and thus I will once again maintain that there is and will be hope so once again, I place my trust that things will work out well enough <_<
I never said it would be a tragedy. There is a reason that Kallen and C.C. were built to friends that complemented each other. There is a reason that Kallen and C.C. are both removed from Lelouch. They will save him, but they both have to pay a price and pass a test. Kallen has already paid her price in enduring, now what will be C.C.'s price?
Old 2008-07-20, 21:19   Link #528
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

On the contrary. The fact that Lulu told her not to die, and the fact that she responded, means she is now NOT going to die. If this was near the end of the show, then she is doomed. But the fact that this occured so early means there is time for Lulu to talk her out of it.

There is no point otherwise. Living is harder than dying.
Quote:
I thought Lelouch's overall message was about living more then anything, when he meant 'smile at the end' I think he was asking her to live life to the fullest which was a part of his overall argument. So forgive me if I'm still being optimistic since we just escaped the first death flag anyway
And there is no reason why one need to be mortal in order to live life to the fullest.

Immortals have lives too.

And we have to realize that to condone an immortal to kill herself is to condone suicide.

Code Geass has one suicidal character. That's more than enough, we don't need CC to join the ship of fools.
Old 2008-07-20, 21:22   Link #529
Crenshinibon

Quote:

I never said it would be a tragedy. There is a reason that Kallen and C.C. were built to friends that complemented each other. There is a reason that Kallen and C.C. are both removed from Lelouch. They will save him, but they both have to pay a price and pass a test. Kallen has already paid her price in enduring, now what will be C.C.'s price?

Er...wouldn't that be her memories? She just saved him from the Emperor, after all.
Crenshinibon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 21:23   Link #530
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
No, I said the likelihood of her dieing has increased substantially. She now can die, and the words Lelouch used are not exactly reassuring when you take note that the last time he used something similar Shirley ended up dieing. Everything comes with a price, for C.C. it is that she will experience happiness/love but she is now able to die.
Exact opposite for me on my take, in this case I think this was a basically slapped the notion of her death in the face. I have faith that C.C will pull through where Shirley failed at the very least. In any event, I will once again remain optimistic about her chances and lets leave it at that.

Quote:
What? Loss of memory and an eternity of suffering not enough already? At least Kallen will probably make it through this ordeal, why can't C.C? I think you're playing the funeral music a little too soon Var and that's probably all I have to say on the matter so lets stop the bickering for the time being, alright?
Old 2008-07-20, 21:25   Link #531
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
On the contrary. The fact that Lulu told her not to die, and the fact that she responded, means she is now NOT going to die. If this was near the end of the show, then she is doomed. But the fact that this occured so early means there is time for Lulu to talk her out of it.
This is near the end of the show. Lelouch cannot talk her out of it if C.C. is no longer there, this is now someone else, not C.C.. This new person has no intention of dieing, but at the same time, has lost her plot armor. The simple intention of seeking death makes people impossible to kill in this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
And there is no reason why one need to be mortal in order to live life to the fullest.

Immortals have lives too.

And we have to realize that to condone an immortal to kill herself is to condone suicide.

Code Geass has one suicidal character. That's more than enough, we don't need CC to join the ship of fools.
C.C. condemned immortality, she does not want to be an immortal and alive. I am not condoning it, C.C. condoned it on her own. We also have to note, that to some degree, C.C.'s contract/wish was granted.
Old 2008-07-20, 21:26   Link #532
lovecakecookies

I feel like I am the only one who doesn't like the fact that her memories are gone .... but then again now she wont be suicidal because she wont remember her painful past... but that doesn't make sense because she thinks shes a slave...I have a feeling she won't get her memories back.... LuLu is all alone now... he even says it in the preview
Old 2008-07-20, 21:27   Link #533
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crenshinibon View Post
Er...wouldn't that be her memories? She just saved him from the Emperor, after all.
Not sure how that's a price, it is both beneficial and negative. It cancels itself out.

Quote:
What? Loss of memory and an eternity of suffering not enough already? At least Kallen will probably make it through this ordeal, why can't C.C? I think you're playing the funeral music a little too soon Var and that's probably all I have to say on the matter so lets stop the bickering for the time being, alright?
I am not playing funeral music, I made a point that the chances of her dieing went up.
Old 2008-07-20, 21:31   Link #534
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
I am not playing funeral music, I made a point that the chances of her dieing went up.
Exact opposite for me, but a difference of opinion so lets leave it at that.
Old 2008-07-20, 21:33   Link #535
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
C.C. condemned immortality, she does not want to be an immortal and alive. I am not condoning it, C.C. condoned it on her own. We also have to note, that to some degree, C.C.'s contract/wish was granted.
CC didn't condone immortality. She was sick of unable to find true love, and wanted to die as an escape.

Immortality has nothing to do with it other than stopping her from killing herself. To say that she has the right to would be saying slitting your own wrist is a good thing and should be encouraged.
Old 2008-07-20, 21:35   Link #536
thespringmoon
kaze ni naritai

As each week passes by, it takes me longer and longer to get to the episode.

I've only got two things to say:

Nunally has moved up in my book.

And C.C. just droped down to the very botton. I only had to hear her for twenty seconds, and I already know that I hate this C.C. I'd even prefer Nina over this C.C. (Really... that's something). Bring the better C.C. back soon... please? D:
thespringmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 21:39   Link #537
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespringmoon View Post
As each week passes by, it takes me longer and longer to get to the episode.

I've only got two things to say:

Nunally has moved up in my book.

And C.C. just droped down to the very botton. I only had to hear her for twenty seconds, and I already know that I hate this C.C. I'd even prefer Nina over this C.C. (Really... that's something). Bring the better C.C. back soon... please? D:
This C.C. was what C.C. was like at one point >.>. It's not like C.C.'s personality was erased and then a random new one was put in its place, this C.C. is just the C.C. we once knew but with a mind that got rewinded. This C.C. was essential for creating the C.C. we got to know so far.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 21:40   Link #538
KrimzonStriker

Moe!C.C FTW people!! C'mon, show some love, i think this experience will be pretty fun to watch
Old 2008-07-20, 21:41   Link #539
Tolle Erik Koenig
LOL!
*Author

Quote:
Moe!C.C FTW people!! C'mon, show some love, i think this experience will be pretty fun to watch
True. And same with the new Nunnally!
Tolle Erik Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 21:42   Link #540
NextTime

Missing like 300 years of experience, the old C.C. seems as good as dead.
NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote