AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-03, 07:36   Link #521
Clutchdog

I do want an answer to a question I asked after vol 15 was released. Will Tatsuya still be "Onii-sama"? How is Miyuki addressing him now?
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:39   Link #522
Blarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
I do want an answer to a question I asked after vol 15 was released. Will Tatsuya still be "Onii-sama"? How is Miyuki addressing him now?
And how is he going to address Maya, their interactions (if there would be any) might be interesting.
Blarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:39   Link #523
greenn

Blarrow, even more, if only opportunity to become a heir is marriage with someone whose last name is Yotsuba, and Maya is only official Yotsuba, then making girl, Miyuki, a candidate have no reasons.
greenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:41   Link #524
TrueAlchemist

@ Jiminy You cannot compare Satou Tsutomu with George R. R. Martin. Martin is in the completely different league. You guys have to remember this is LN, and you cannot expect a massive plot twist that can shock everyone. Only unique thing about Satou's writing style is his massively detailed storytelling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
I do want an answer to a question I asked after vol 15 was released. Will Tatsuya still be "Onii-sama"? How is Miyuki addressing him now
You are genius!! I never thought about it, too. I cannot imagine Miyuki calling him, "Tatsuya San" just like what Mayumi tried to do in vol.15.

I don't know what is going on in 4chan, but I have not seen any new spoiler from 2chan, yet. If you guys find anything, please share!!
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:51   Link #525
Clutchdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarrow View Post
And how is he going to address Maya, their interactions (if there would be any) might be interesting.
It'd be entertaining to see Tatsuya warm up to her. They already have some of the best banter.
Old 2015-05-03, 07:54   Link #526
amtro
Distro

GRR Martin is a hack and a huge hypocrite. Enough about rotund, opinionated assholes.

Apparently Tatsuya's new magic is called Brionac Lance and moves blindingly fast. Well isn't that a slap in Lina's face.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:59   Link #527
nurismail
want to learn japanese ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
GRR Martin is a hack and a huge hypocrite. Enough about rotund, opinionated assholes.

Apparently Tatsuya's new magic is called Brionac Lance and moves blindingly fast. Well isn't that a slap in Lina's face.
so tatsuya already finished it already?? cause i read at vol 14 , he was struggling with something
nurismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 08:02   Link #528
amtro
Distro

He was struggling with finalizing the loop required to launch the energy lance at light speed. Lacking the magic power for it. The attack is roughly 300 times slower than intended, but really damn fast all the same.
Old 2015-05-03, 08:05   Link #529
solhaz

Quote:
I don't really understand why everyone is so hyped because of those "spoilers". I think (if this is all true) the author picked the most boring route he could and added a lot of inconsistencies. In the end it's nothing fans didn't already talk about. We do not get a real solution for any of the major problems Tatsuya has to face - the only thing we get is another layer of "half-truth", lies and secrets to hide the real problems. (Ok maybe I read Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire a bit too much lately - so I'm a little biased to expect certain events - but still I think he could have done better)
It's George R.R.M we're talking about; we can't really expect the same standard of storytelling from Satou Tsutomu; besides, MKnR is his first work I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
@ Jiminy You cannot compare Satou Tsutomu with George R. R. Martin. Martin is in the completely different league. You guys have to remember this is LN, and you cannot expect a massive plot twist that can shock everyone. Only unique thing about Satou's writing style is his massively detailed storytelling.
LOL I think Satou Tsutomu still can shock everyone if he's really going GRRM style, first he needs to kill MKnR characters one by one....Mayumi...Erika...either by scheme, torture or red wedding style The end would be Tatsuya destroys the world and nobody survive
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 08:10   Link #530
Abysmalheart

I thought of going to the LN and quoting but the Mahouka wiki will have to do now

Quote:
It is strongly implied that most Magicians related to the Yotsuba Clan don't use "Yotsuba" as their family name but instead use other family names in order to disguise their identities. Also, it is implied that when a person becomes the Head of the Yostuba Clan, their family name would be formally changed to "Yotsuba".
If one goes back to how the 10 master clans were formed you would know that they named themselves according to what lab no they were from and that they all have different systems and customs.I highly doubt they follow a lineage system as what would be the point of candidates when they have to marry a yotsuba to be a yotsuba ?
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 08:12   Link #531
azarhal

Considering how "early" these wtf! reveals are, I get the feeling there is something even more wtf! for the later volumes in stores. I'm currently beating on the "dead fiancée" not being dead and the Yotsuba being responsible for whatever happened to her...

Also, if Miyuki is genetically engineered that means her life span is similar to the other engineered characters: early 20s. She has a few year left.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 08:17   Link #532
Clutchdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Also, if Miyuki is genetically engineered that means her life span is similar to the other engineered characters: early 20s. She has a few year left.
Highly doubtful.
Old 2015-05-03, 08:18   Link #533
amtro
Distro

Abysmalheart, that varies wildly from one clan to another. In Mayumi and Katsuto's families it is the first born male son of the leader that becomes the heir, there is little indication that it would be any different for the Yotsuba. Their current system is a result of trying to maintain their image of being the untouchables. The Yotsuba want strong leaders above all else. To that end they have Miyuki who seals their actual strongest, Tatsuya.
Old 2015-05-03, 08:20   Link #534
Iramohs

Quote:
The Kuroba twins have not the same power though, it doesn't make sense for Maya to have a magic as powerful as MS and MI magic at the same time. A lot of things are too convenient there.
The Kurobas aren't identical twins. Miya and Maya are.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 08:21   Link #535
aortax

from 4chan
She tells her mirrorself to stop. Is she bonkers?

>やめて....!
>これは仕方の無いことなのよ
aortax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 08:22   Link #536
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
The Kurobas aren't identical twins. Miya and Maya are.
It still doesn't make sense and I gave reasons already. Being identical twins doesn't means they are perfect copies.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 08:23   Link #537
Blarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Considering how "early" these wtf! reveals are, I get the feeling there is something even more wtf! for the later volumes in stores. I'm currently beating on the "dead fiancée" not being dead and the Yotsuba being responsible for whatever happened to her...

There is dispute on 4ch (well kinda dispute, just a few people participated) whether Myuki was genetically engineered, recreated from remains of that dead fiance or mentally altered to be similar to her, so she might have much longer lifespan than other engineered magicians.
Blarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 08:23   Link #538
Ultragunner

The Sakurai series, in my impression, include individuals whose gene are modified from the ground up for the sole purpose of producing strong magicians aside those who carry the blood of the Yotsuba, this is why they have the trade-off of short lifespan

However, there are other spoilers saying that Miyuki is a genuine magician born from the Yotsuba, she was just "altered" a bit so that it would be a bit easier to "control" Tatsuya.
So there are chances that Miyuki won't have to suffer the same fate as those in the Sakurai series
Old 2015-05-03, 08:26   Link #539
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aortax View Post
from 4chan
She tells her mirrorself to stop. Is she bonkers?
>やめて....!
>これは仕方の無いことなのよ
Isn't it where she says, she does not want to be a wife a man besides oniisama? (Mirror)
やめて....! (Stop)
これは仕方の無いことなのよ (This is something that cannot be done.)
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 08:27   Link #540
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Is it all right to talk about this here?

Anyway, at least now we know what's the name of Genzou's wife/the Shiba siblings' grandmother.

Abe Yasuyo.

Seriously? If this is some sort of reference to the Abe clan, this family really can't get more OP. (It would also kind of explain the crazy and the ridiculously beautiful women inside the family)
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy