AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2011-09-21, 06:17   Link #521
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I said it once and I'll say it again, Shaft was better at doing Buriki's style.
Now that I've seen episode 0, I can only agree. That's not to say Bokutomo's designs are bad, they're just not quite as cute as Denpa's.

I thought something was very off with the beginning of episode 0 since Sena and Yozora have always been depicted as being at odds, and the MC's harem situations just seemed too idealistic. I'm glad it was just a fantasy, as it looked pretty boring. The nabe scene, as gross as it was, was more entertaining.

I'm seriously going to need a Kobato avy/sig.
Old 2011-09-21, 08:02   Link #522
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

For some reason, maybe it's because I know the story beforehand- Kodoka's beautiful fantasy felt really solemn and depressing when I saw it

As I watch the Yami Nabe unfold, I've come to the conclusion of how I'm going to describe Haganai from now on- "Cute Girls shooting themselves in the foot legendarily".

Definitely not for the faint-hearted or the weak gutted
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 09:51   Link #523
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
So this is the ecchi/harem anime for this season. With 2 lolis.

Well , episode 00 didn't impress me , it was basic. Hope the main lead isn't a dumb guy.
The other ecchi/harem animes, but without lolis, are Maken-Ki! and MajiKoi!!
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 10:00   Link #524
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The other ecchi/harem animes, but without lolis, are Maken-Ki! and MajiKoi!!
Majikoi and Maken-ki has also Loli's on them.
Old 2011-09-21, 10:33   Link #525
klare

so it is again one guy surrounded by girls, and he will complain it is "unfortunate", the chars look like Denpa style

the real problem is i dont find it funny (i thought it suppose to be), will skip this one
Old 2011-09-21, 13:05   Link #526
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
so it is again one guy surrounded by girls, and he will complain it is "unfortunate", the chars look like Denpa style
I think you're missing the actual point of this series.
Old 2011-09-21, 13:13   Link #527
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

the real problem is i dont find it funny (i thought it suppose to be), will skip this one
That's definitely not the whole deal with Kodaka, especially if you factor the circumstances of the club.
The comedy points are hugely dampened if you don't have the grasp of the initial characters relationship. That's why it was released with the seventh volume of the LN.
Old 2011-09-21, 13:54   Link #528
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm so glad the puke was decently-animated... :0
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 14:23   Link #529
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
so it is again one guy surrounded by girls, and he will complain it is "unfortunate"
Well, it sort of IS unfortunate, really.

Honestly, this was a very, very terrible promo; it showed nothing of what made the manga enjoyable to read. You won't be the first Western fan to preemptively drop this.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 14:40   Link #530
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Had a good laugh when he woke up they showed what was really happening. Not bad, will check this out now.
Old 2011-09-21, 14:59   Link #531
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku
I think you're missing the actual point of this series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's definitely not the whole deal with Kodaka, especially if you factor the circumstances of the club.
The comedy points are hugely dampened if you don't have the grasp of the initial characters relationship. That's why it was released with the seventh volume of the LN.
Klare is judging the series from a POV based on this OAD, he just saw through it so his view is currently justified since it doesn't shows that much.

Also, to be honest, just as Kaisos said its the same 'concept' of unlucky/misunderstood guy has a girls after him setting, remember the aim of the series is the otaku audience.

Tip to enjoy the series:
Just turn off your brain and be happy .

I'm hungry, I want to eat ... maybe meat?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 15:22   Link #532
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
Isn't Kodaka supposed to look like a "Yankee"?
my exact same thought , kodaka was way too bishonen in this, i guess they kept the style since he looked like niwa from denpa, but different from how he looks in the LN, and if you compare this with denpa this one migth look inferior, but thats hust on the visual side, this can be very good if they adapt the content well.
Old 2011-09-21, 15:25   Link #533
larethian

Quote:

Good grief, this is not even a real episode; it's only a promo episode. And it's made by dragging out a prologue of merely 13 pages from the light novel. The fantasy scene was lengthened, and basically the episode serves merely to introduce the characters. A light novel of 300 pages is normally adapted to 3 episodes on average fyi. Oh btw, your hypothesis of what the story is about is totally wrong, not even 1% accurate.

that aside, after watching it, I actually didn't mind Marina's voice that much. though I really need to hear her mindblowing lines before I make up my mind
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 15:26   Link #534
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's why it was released with the seventh volume of the LN.
Ah, that makes sense. I was pretty puzzled, since it didn't look like a preview at all. For example, it did a lousy job of introducing the club. Now I know why. It didn't try.

At that point I'm pretty neutral about the show. I did like the way the puke blotted out the camera; I thought that was a nice effect. Also, I liked the way the whole scene was creepy more than gross. That's an achievement in itself.

So: who knows? Judgement pending.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 16:00   Link #535
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm seriously going to need a Kobato avy/sig.
Same here :3

Also it took me forever to realize that your avatar is not Sanae.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 16:57   Link #536
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
Ah, that makes sense. I was pretty puzzled, since it didn't look like a preview at all. For example, it did a lousy job of introducing the club. Now I know why. It didn't try.

At that point I'm pretty neutral about the show. I did like the way the puke blotted out the camera; I thought that was a nice effect. Also, I liked the way the whole scene was creepy more than gross. That's an achievement in itself.

So: who knows? Judgement pending.
well theres something for sure, this series is not for the weak of heart.
Old 2011-09-21, 17:25   Link #537
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

LOL, you know the saying "People have drop shows for less", well at least now we have an actual example that we can quote

This is only a 8min (minus music) video that isn't even a real episode that barely touch on anything...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 19:33   Link #538
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I could not stomach anymore than about 1 min of what was going on at the beginning. I already mentioned that I didn't like Kodaka's look, but now, hearing his voice, it isn't that good too. It REALLY doesn't help that the seiryuu (and his previous roles) doesn't exhibit a delinquent tone of voice, even though he's really not a delinquent. I want to discount the visuals, which seemed kinda stiff in certain frames, but this is one of those manga-complemented OVAs, where quality can be all over the place, so I'm not really caring about that. Still, having read the manga, I am still looking forward to how the TV series will adapt.

Oh, and I had no problems with Yozura's voice. It was a bit masculine, but it really fits her leadership style personality.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 23:39   Link #539
cyberdemon

i downloaded episode 0 played it and immediately thought i downloaded the wrong show lol. The personalities were just so off
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 09:35   Link #540
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by topboy View Post
Episode 0 = manga chapter 0 so the full season should cover around 2-3 volumes of manga
I'm hoping they speed things up a bit, or at least rearrange the order of events, because otherwise we won't get Maria and Rika until fairly late in the season.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen