AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-07-17, 18:46   Link #521
GDB

Don't forget coup, prince/princess flees for life, rallies rebellion.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 23:54   Link #522
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

*sigh*...
I see. I see...
I froze when my Archer Nyx got overwritten by my newest one (supporter character), and I was wondering why.

I see. Even if you save to a different file, if the protagonist/original file is the same, the character is treated as the same for the Supporter units.

.......................Which means that spending half a day preparing ALL of the support conversations to save time in the future... was pointless. Ha
Ha
HAH...

And since I erased my Archer Nyx, I have to redo that one too.

.................................................. ....Hah. Time to do Splatfest...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 01:10   Link #523
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*reads list of DLC maps*

*slams head on desk*
It costs 2000 yen to get a whole new route, and now 2000 yen gets you about 7 maps including maps just to get experience, weapons, and money. I hear the one that was already released (for the beach) allows you to choose one of the 8 siblings (no, no Aqua) who goes to the beach alone(!?) and you get a CG... For ...300 yen.

Which is fine. But it looks like they really want to connect Awakening with this game, and the whole concept gives me the creeps in the first place. I probably will get the whole "Past Arc" thing that explains the trio (and whatever important story content that should be in the game and not as a DLC?!), but more importantly...
I read about something about Shara that if is true, would... make my blood boil quite a bit. Probably... as bad as it did when I played Cross Days.

Anyways, they need to stop with the different dimension thing next game. It's such a deux ex machina and over-used. The children thing is especially wacky because
Spoiler:

and the look-a-likes are creepy as f***
Spoiler:

Oh, and I doubt it will happen, but it would be far more meaningful (and yes, put it in the game in the first place) if they added support conversations to characters like Crimson and Flora (and I guess Mr. Boots too). Yes, I know that Crimson
Spoiler:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2015-07-23 at 01:25.
Old 2015-07-23, 12:55   Link #524
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*reads list of DLC maps*

*slams head on desk*
It costs 2000 yen to get a whole new route, and now 2000 yen gets you about 7 maps including maps just to get experience, weapons, and money. I hear the one that was already released (for the beach) allows you to choose one of the 8 siblings (no, no Aqua) who goes to the beach alone(!?) and you get a CG... For ...300 yen.

Which is fine. But it looks like they really want to connect Awakening with this game, and the whole concept gives me the creeps in the first place. I probably will get the whole "Past Arc" thing that explains the trio (and whatever important story content that should be in the game and not as a DLC?!), but more importantly...
I read about something about Shara that if is true, would... make my blood boil quite a bit. Probably... as bad as it did when I played Cross Days.

Anyways, they need to stop with the different dimension thing next game. It's such a deux ex machina and over-used. The children thing is especially wacky because
Spoiler:

and the look-a-likes are creepy as f***
Spoiler:

Oh, and I doubt it will happen, but it would be far more meaningful (and yes, put it in the game in the first place) if they added support conversations to characters like Crimson and Flora (and I guess Mr. Boots too). Yes, I know that Crimson
Spoiler:
You're overthinking it. The concept behind Shara is that she is designed to love your customizable Avatar, regardless of gender, who was clearly inspired by Tharja who liked Robin/Reflet regardless of gender, who was based on Katarina who liked New Mystery of the Emblem's My Unit.

Don't get triggered just because you like Katarina and don't like Shara.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 16:04   Link #525
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26771767
A collection of the event and images for the beach thing, so you don't have to waste money to get it. Looks like you have to replay the map to see an illustration again? And it is not stored anywhere.

On a random note, Oboro's voice is so weird I thought Kuroko was voicing her. But it turned out to be a different person. Either way, her voice is weird... Maybe I'll get used to it if I actually finish Hoshido's route...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
You're overthinking it. The concept behind Shara is that she is designed to love your customizable Avatar, regardless of gender, who was clearly inspired by Tharja who liked Robin/Reflet regardless of gender, who was based on Katarina who liked New Mystery of the Emblem's My Unit.

Don't get triggered just because you like Katarina and don't like Shara.
Yeah, I really hope so. I mean, sure, the staff wants to connect everything more than a Chain Burn deck and that Shara
Spoiler for support conversation:
, but there is a chance that the whole conversation is a delusion by the girl and meaningless. Yeah, hope so so much.

And don't get me wrong. I don't "don't like" Shara. Out of the mages you get in Hoshido, one is a Shota that likes acting like an adult and the other one is as slow as a turtle. So just get Tsukuyomi to make out with someone and then switch out your mage for Shara. Probably more useful than the other two.
It's more of that emotion you'd get when you see what happened to Orson? You know, when someone is like, "Oh hey, you liked this character? Here's a rip-off, enjoy"
But just like Orson, I'm sure there are people out there that are fine with it. Daughters giving birth to their mom is totally cool in a way too. More power to you.

Old 2015-07-27, 05:37   Link #526
Chibiloli

Does anybody know of a link to or the name of the Nohr dance song? In Japanese of course.
Old 2015-10-13, 22:22   Link #527
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*sigh* Well, the game did almost last 4 months for me, so I guess it was more or less worth the play.

My opinions on various aspects of the entire game (spoilers exist):
http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/2015/10...al-review.html

Now then, Stella Glow or Seventh Dragon...

Old 2015-11-13, 23:10   Link #528
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

US Release: February 19, 2016

Spoiler for large special edition pic:

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-18, 11:07   Link #529
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
February is going to be busy .

Though right back to trying to figure out what side to go with before buying the game.
Old 2015-12-22, 10:56   Link #530
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

English version preview.

Old 2015-12-22, 11:18   Link #531
Sides

I got this from NoE UK twitter account:
Register Your Interest - Fire Emblem Fates (UK) competition
I cheched the main NoE twitter account there is nothing on there, so it must be a regional thing. Fun facts is, there is no real answer to this competition.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 22:58   Link #532
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
English version preview.

man, there are some seemingly important story points that just got dropped in this preview.

I still wanna play it so bad, though.
Old 2015-12-23, 20:14   Link #533
kasimmorathi

XCom 2 and Fire Emblem releasing in the same month. Going to be a strategy filled new year. Gives me time to roam through Awakening again.
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 02:03   Link #534
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
man, there are some seemingly important story points that just got dropped in this preview.
No worries, there isn't enough of a story to really despair at spoilers.

Old 2015-12-24, 08:57   Link #535
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
You played it already?
Old 2015-12-24, 09:54   Link #536
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
You played it already?
He was giving a vague play-by-play back when the Japanese version came out, so yeah.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 23:44   Link #537
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
snaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Spoiler:
Old 2016-01-04, 19:31   Link #538
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I haven't followed these games closely. In Birthright, it looks like you have a kingdom that models after culture of feudal Japan. With Conquest, it looks like a typical western Europe inspired type of kingdom and culture.

So how do the two games differ and what do they share in common? I'd like to know how the two games actually do relate to each other and what does Revelation bring to the table?

What have you guys observed in this thread? Are most people here going to play Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation? Are there many here that say they plan to play only Birthright or Conquest? I'm not sure if I want to get all 3 games on one cartridge (the bundle) or if I'll just get one or the other.
Old 2016-01-05, 00:28   Link #539
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I haven't followed these games closely. In Birthright, it looks like you have a kingdom that models after culture of feudal Japan. With Conquest, it looks like a typical western Europe inspired type of kingdom and culture.

So how do the two games differ and what do they share in common? I'd like to know how the two games actually do relate to each other and what does Revelation bring to the table?

What have you guys observed in this thread? Are most people here going to play Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation? Are there many here that say they plan to play only Birthright or Conquest? I'm not sure if I want to get all 3 games on one cartridge (the bundle) or if I'll just get one or the other.
So a lot of the characters are the same on both sides. Of course, in one game, a group will be the enemy and the other is the ally.
Of course, this doesn't go for a few characters that just never make an appearance in the other game, like my waifu.
Story-wise, there isn't really a connection. While both hint the truth, nothing is truly solved. Yes, there may have been advertising that the story concludes individually, but that is a lie.
Revelation does explain these mysteries... but that's all. It isn't really that shocking, the story isn't that interesting, the maps are overly gimmicky...
Anyways, it's a pretty big rush-job. Though it does explain some stuff.

Both sides have different classes, which have different usable weapons and skills. Though you can recruit a few characters from the other side, which of course will be the other side's class.
You can also get different weapons at the store. Lance in Nohr, Naginata in Hoshido. Usually the difference is that the basic stat is different. One I remember correctly is that the Hoshido's shuriken gives +2 speed while the Nohr's dagger has 5 more accuracy (which is totally a fair trade-off, huh).

To be honest, what you want out of this game depends on which you should buy.
As for SRPG, the strategy, it is 100% Nohr. Nohr is a great challenge, but not so crazy like Maniac-mode in past games that felt more unfair to me. The enemies sometimes even have special enemy-only abilities in this one.
But the story sucks more than a vacuum, so...

Hoshido is purposely easier than Nohr. It is perfectly possible to do a 1st-time playthrough on Maniac and go through it without losing a character. But the balance is good. Story is acceptable.

On the other hand, Revelation's balance is... pretty bad. The maps are dull and takes a long time to complete. Not take a long time to beat because of difficulty, but just getting through the map takes a long time. Characters recruited are so randomly thrown-out.
Biggest example is in one map, my waifu appears at Lv4 (I think) while another character appears at promoted Lv14.
You might only want to get this story if you like the characters enough to fork over 20 dollars to be able to get all characters together.

Is my opinion of the three sides.

Old 2016-01-05, 11:44   Link #540
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Thanks for the info.

So I preordered the bundle, because all three games will be on one cartridge. I'm thinking of canceling that preorder now. I only played through Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn on Wii. I liked it, so I plan on starting Fire Emblem Awakening soon.

So for Fire Emblem Fates, you are saying that Fire Emblem Revelations is not all that good, and that Nohr has good strategy elements but a really bad story. And Nohr is more difficult than Birthright. I'd honestly like the easier game, as I'm not really good at Fire Emblem games.

So I'm thinking of just getting FE Birthright. Should I bother with it if I won't end up playing Conquest? If I play only Birthright, should I also play FE Revelations, or, if it isn't that good, would it be fine to just skip it?

Are many FE fans just getting one of these new games, or are very many of them planning on playing all three games?

Tags
3ds, fire emblem