AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-10, 18:39   Link #521
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep16:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 03:55   Link #522
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for Ep17:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 13:24   Link #523
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Outstanding.
Spoiler for ep17:
The final episode was recorded last Thursday morning. Here are Hirano Aya and Uchida Yuya (NJM) after the recording. Aya wrote in her blog that the six months of working on the show went by so quickly, that it was a wonderful dramatic work, and that she got an opportunity to do feelings she hadn't done before. She thanked the producers for the opportunity and asked us to watch every episode until the end.

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-08-17 at 20:16.
Old 2008-08-17, 19:55   Link #524
Peanutbutter

Yeah, I was scratching my head when the sub said

Spoiler:

I was like: what?
Old 2008-08-20, 20:34   Link #525
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
But the person who decided to put those sound effects in the OP still needs his head examined. It breaks the flow of the music, whose regular repetition is part of its strength.
I think everyone is in agreement on that one, barring the idiots who approved it. It was a bad idea on D.N.Angel and a bad idea here, and I'm glad that the first DVD had the original version and hope that if they include an NC OP at some point that will be the original also. The credits are at least unintrusive, so they may not bother. I still boggle that they included an NC OP on the Manabi Straight! DVDs, which is only of use for making your own credits since they are an intrinsic part of the animation.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 23:21   Link #526
Peanutbutter

After watching ep18, seems like we're midway through the end of this arc, tying up all the loose ends and reach the finale of the entire series.

I expect to have a full explanation of what has happened in the episode at the end of the series and I won't be satisfied at all.
Old 2008-08-23, 23:22   Link #527
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 18. A really good episode, but the big deal here for me is one second of Hirano Aya doing something amazing.
Spoiler for ep18:
And we have four full episodes left to go. I can't -- and don't want to -- predict what is to come.

The official site announces a special three-minute "digest" video of the show, narrated by Touma Yumi (Chiko's aunt). It is available here.

Unfortunately, there is no apparently no broadcast next week. Episode 19 will be shown on Saturday, September 6, at 26:05 (2 am Sunday).

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-08-23 at 23:37.
Old 2008-08-24, 01:39   Link #528
Peanutbutter

Quote:
The official site announces a special three-minute "digest" video of the show, narrated by Touma Yumi (Chiko's aunt). It is available here.

Unfortunately, there is no apparently no broadcast next week. Episode 19 will be shown on Saturday, September 6, at 26:05 (2 am Sunday).
Now we need someone to translate that video. Her laughter at the end scares me though...

And another week without NJM? What's up with this? Oh well, another week for Tofu-sensei to get things up to speed, I guess.
Old 2008-08-24, 01:55   Link #529
thr

Spoiler for Episode 18:
thr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 13:51   Link #530
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr View Post
Spoiler for Episode 18:
Spoiler for ep18:
Old 2008-08-28, 09:16   Link #531
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr View Post
Spoiler for Episode 18:
Spoiler for general:

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2008-08-28 at 09:36.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 19:04   Link #532
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Spoiler for episode 15:
Even though it wasn't Nijuu Mensou himself, can I at least get partial credit? It just seemed inevitable that someone's face would end up there.

Any support for a Nijuu Mensou X Tome-san pairing? Chizuko might be a bit jealous, but she'd probably understand.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 02:47   Link #533
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
I was sort of ready for the Detective Girls segment and braced myself for the fact that it'd be less action-packed than everything that had transpired before. I don't think my thoughts are too far off the mark here and the fact that everything seems toned down and more relaxed gives it a vibe that doesn't quite fit with past episodes.

Mind you, it's still pretty entertaining and I'll take whatever kickass moments from Chiko that I can get, but I'm really interested in seeing how this series will resolve the plot strings that are dangling about. 10 episodes should be enough, but we'll have to see.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 03:51   Link #534
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Even though it wasn't Nijuu Mensou himself, can I at least get partial credit? It just seemed inevitable that someone's face would end up there.

Any support for a Nijuu Mensou X Tome-san pairing? Chizuko might be a bit jealous, but she'd probably understand.
I could see a pairing like that if NJM got disabled or imprisoned, and became totally disillusioned with his mysterious purpose, and Tome was attending to him and said things like, 'You kept meanly abandoning Chiko for the sake of your mission, does it matter this little to you?' She wouldn't be afraid to critcise him; NJM could concievably take a liking to her, but not much more unless we write a fanfic specifically to bring it about. Any DTF fanfic yet?

I remember mentions of Ken/Chiko, but it seems as if Tome might end up paired with Akine, from the general turn of events...not the best pairing, but hey, fat guys need love like everyone does.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 08:58   Link #535
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Now we need someone to translate that video. Her laughter at the end scares me though...

And another week without NJM? What's up with this? Oh well, another week for Tofu-sensei to get things up to speed, I guess.
Yup! I'll let you guys know, I had a chance to get current with the translations. We will probably have episode 19 out before episode 20 airs. Thanks for being patient!

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 09:20   Link #536
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei View Post
Yup! I'll let you guys know, I had a chance to get current with the translations. We will probably have episode 19 out before episode 20 airs. Thanks for being patient!

-Tofu
Really Thanks For The translation ^_^
Can't Wait To See The Other Ep
Old 2008-09-06, 23:51   Link #537
Peanutbutter

To sum up Ep19, it's running, running and running...
Old 2008-09-07, 00:11   Link #538
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
...Any support for a Nijuu Mensou X Tome-san pairing? Chizuko might be a bit jealous, but she'd probably understand.
She isn't bright enough for him, unfortunately. But her devotion and determination make her pretty wonderful. I'm not sure whether romance will rear its lovely head in this show or not.

I'm not one who demands originality, but there are so many things in this show that I haven't seen before. The whole tone is unusual, for better and worse.

Hey, Tofusensei, I loved ep19 and look forward to your translation.
Spoiler for ep19:
Old 2008-09-07, 08:40   Link #539
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
I remember mentions of Ken/Chiko, but it seems as if Tome might end up paired with Akine, from the general turn of events...not the best pairing, but hey, fat guys need love like everyone does.
Yes, they do. (I'm a bit on the overweight side myself.) But Akine X Tome? No..., just no. Ken X Tome could be a possibility though, if he actually steps out of the shadows at some point.

Quote:
She isn't bright enough for him, unfortunately.
True enough, but anime doesn't always let real-world factors like the characters' relative intelligence stand in the way of a pairing. Tome just seemed like the only female we've seen who is not a villaness and is in the right age category to become NJM's lover. But who know what's going on at the bottom of the ocean?

Quote:
But her devotion and determination make her pretty wonderful.
Those are certainly her best assets, though a couple of others were on full display in episode 15.

Quote:
I'm not sure whether romance will rear its lovely head in this show or not.
Me neither; just speculating.

Looking forward to seeing the next batch of episodes. Thanks, Tofu!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 19:47   Link #540
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Spoiler for Episode 16:
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, maturation, seinen, shounen