AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-05, 11:59   Link #521
kitten320

1) I didn't give any websites. Just name and it looks like I had misspeled them too..

2) Dissagree, there are a lot of doujin that are nor hentai and do have some kind of story.
This one seems to be like manga only with shorter stories and a bit more fanservice.
Old 2010-05-05, 12:16   Link #522
kankyo

Doujinshi is a self-published work, mostly (though not always) created by amateurs.

K-ON anthologies are published by the same publishing house (Houbunsha) as K-ON itself and most of the mangaka participating in them are professionals who publish their work in Houbunsha's magazines, so these anthologies are NOT doijinshi. Just saying...
kankyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 12:18   Link #523
kitten320

So they are not fully canon and also not fully fan created? First time stumble on something like this... thanks for info^^
Old 2010-05-05, 12:34   Link #524
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yes, anthologies are not doujinshi (I have several anthologies for Lucky*Star, Spice&Wolf, Shuffle!). They give a flair for the same story setting as done by other artists and can be quite entertaining.

Sorry for not clarifying what anthologies were rather than focusing on the doujinshi part.

As for naming the sites, that's why I suggested being careful rather than just reporting it. The mods are pretty strict about even public hints of locations to protect the Animesuki's owner's liability.
Old 2010-05-05, 12:40   Link #525
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kankyo View Post
Doujinshi is a self-published work, mostly (though not always) created by amateurs.

K-ON anthologies are published by the same publishing house (Houbunsha) as K-ON itself and most of the mangaka participating in them are professionals who publish their work in Houbunsha's magazines, so these anthologies are NOT doijinshi. Just saying...
Also, both anthologies ends with a page by Kakifly, saying basically "I'm very grateful that a bunch of artists are interested enough in my characters to write stories of their own. Thanks a lot"
Old 2010-05-05, 14:24   Link #526
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
So they are not fully canon and also not fully fan created? First time stumble on something like this... thanks for info^^
K-ON would be considered H-manga if they are fully canon! Just look at how the artists portray Mugi......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 14:48   Link #527
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It isn't that far off the canon interpretation of Mugi either.
Old 2010-05-05, 14:52   Link #528
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It isn't that far off the canon interpretation of Mugi either.
Under the pens of those artists, Mugi just got a little creepier. Especially the part where Ritsu throws the harmonica into Yui's mouth (indirect kiss!) and Mugi's risque interpretation of Ritsu throwing a "baseball" Yui at Mio.

If it wasn't for ratings......I would like to see Kakifly do up Mugi a little more.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-05, 14:56   Link #529
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Those must have been in the second anthology, as I've not seen those yet...though Mugi's take on finger licking (to heal a cut) did fall in that area.
Old 2010-05-05, 15:02   Link #530
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Those must have been in the second anthology, as I've not seen those yet...though Mugi's take on finger licking (to heal a cut) did fall in that area.
It never ceases to amaze me how our ojou's brain functions as compared to the other girls.

Old 2010-05-05, 15:09   Link #531
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Ah, that one was when Ritsu didn't get cake, right? Cause she keeps being a foil for the yuri. XD I mean, Mio purposely made herself bleed! =)) And then Ritsu...

"...so what?" Totally killed Mugi's hopes.
Old 2010-05-05, 18:45   Link #532
kankyo

Quote:
Nope, those are from Minna De Untan mini anthology, the very first one that came out last year.
kankyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 15:48   Link #533
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

What part of K-On is licensed is difficult to understand?

Quote:
1) Pointing out websites that offer licensed material is a no-no. That site seems to wait for a C&D before taking licensed material down. K-On! has been licensed by Yen Press and goes on sale this fall.
The next time I find people requesting or mentioning where to find chapters illegally I won't just be deleting posts.
Old 2010-05-23, 16:53   Link #534
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Gahhh, I'm terribly slow. K-On is licensed? @_@ I honestly had no idea.

Sorry about that...>_>
Old 2010-05-23, 18:06   Link #535
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Somewhat in poster's defense ... the mods should probably put a "Licensed" sticky thread up on the K-On subforum page explaining the manga is licensed. Its been talked about extensively but is buried in the long threads at this point.

Yen Press -> http://yenpress.us/k-on-by-kakifly/
Old 2010-05-23, 18:23   Link #536
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

A sticky thread might be overkill, considering people would generally jump on the gun and believe it is the anime media that got the treatment.
I've added the little License sign. And if necessary, we might change title of the manga thread.
Old 2010-05-23, 18:49   Link #537
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, thats a much better idea .... scratch my suggestion.
Old 2010-05-24, 03:34   Link #538
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
K-ON! Volume 1 | Coming December 2010
K-ON! Volume 2 | Coming March 2011

Only three months between them? Sweet!
Old 2010-05-24, 04:04   Link #539
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
K-ON! Volume 1 | Coming December 2010
K-ON! Volume 2 | Coming March 2011

Only three months between them? Sweet!
Yeah, that's definitely pretty good. I wonder what the gap between volume 2 and 3 will be like. Not going to bother with wondering about 3 and 4, since I'm not sure if they've got enough chapters out to make a volume 4.
Old 2010-05-24, 10:25   Link #540
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
K-ON would be considered H-manga if they are fully canon! Just look at how the artists portray Mugi......
Yep, just look at the artist.

What a creepy guy lol.
Squawks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life