Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-11-30, 14:30   Link #5381
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I don't think they're going to be super gory with Ilya's death, given how they avoided the Blood Fort victims' disfigurements.
But they gave us a pretty gory Rider death.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 14:37   Link #5382
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The worst of that was just the broken neck, though, and bloodstains. In the DEEN movie and the VN, Rider got her throat messily ripped out, and the schoolkids were all half-melted. They were both (sort of, for Rider) toned down in actual gore.
Old 2014-11-30, 14:48   Link #5383
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I remember Caster stuff was completely removed in the TV version of Fate/Zero. The BD might be more bloody for all we know.
Old 2014-11-30, 15:05   Link #5384
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The worst of that was just the broken neck, though, and bloodstains. In the DEEN movie and the VN, Rider got her throat messily ripped out, and the schoolkids were all half-melted. They were both (sort of, for Rider) toned down in actual gore.
Other than the potential for hearing an "8-year old" screaming in agony, what part of her death is any more gory than what we've seen so far? Blood is blood.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 00:56   Link #5385
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

This game is killing me, I wanted to stop early last night but it was getting more and more exciting. It was awesome that Rin got Saber. I guess I understand why Archer wants to kill Shirou. I would be hostile towards my self too, haha.

I was told Saber didn't have much role but I am quite satisfied, she's still getting some awesome scenes and ufotable seems to like adding filler to show how awesome she is. I'm glad that they are doing that. I just hope she reveals who she is and that she played under Kiritsugu in the last war. But judging how Gilgamesh is trolling around, she'll tell others about him and reveal the truth.

Also, Lancer is a lot more honorable than I thought. I believed he wouldn't surpass Diarmud but he's pretty great too.
Old 2014-12-01, 03:54   Link #5386
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani
I'm reading Realta Nua, all three arcs are seperate. The openings aren't from Vita in my version.
Also, you guys should have seen my face when Archer mentioned Colchis and Medea. Colchis is basically ancient Georgia and these lands play a big part in the Greek Myth, which made it famous enough for Nasu to find it, I guess. Also, my mother's name is Medea. So, this myth of Argonauts is pretty well known in Georgia, even today.
Heads up about the translation. Are you using the one from Beast's Lair? I heard that pretty much it's the one to refer to. Translation is pretty much better than the older one. In the menu, you have complete control of what's in the VN (which OST to use, character voices, with sex scenes or not, etc)
If you're using something else, switching to Beast's Lair's version would be for best.

Wow, so I'm not the only one stoked about Greek mythology. When BD version of UBW and HF movies are out (in about 5 years-ish), try showing FSN and FZ to your mom. It would be interesting to see her reaction to Nasu's interpretation of Greek heroes. (If I remember correctly, Heracles was involved with the Argonauts till the gods persuaded him to get off since the quest would be too easy.)

Continue with your reactions to the VN. I'll love to see what you make out of the fates of Shirou, Saber, Rin and Sakura in HF.
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 04:32   Link #5387
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I don't think my mom would want to watch a "cartoon", she has that kind of mentality I can hardly get her to watch movies.

And it's not just the Greek Mythology, when I first heard Iskandar's name being well... Iskandar, I was immediatly hooked. Historical figures brought to life was just such a brilliant idea in my eyes. It's a great series.

I didn't know Vita version had remixed bgms from the VNs... O_O Yes, I am very tempted to switch over to that release. But once I finish this version's UBW. XD And I also didn't know that "sword of the promised victory" is in the game, I thought that was Kajiura's creation but it was awesome. And Kajiura's remix is so magnificent... She should remix all of FSN tracks.

Last edited by Levani; 2014-12-01 at 04:48.
Old 2014-12-01, 05:23   Link #5388
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I don't think my mom would want to watch a "cartoon", she has that kind of mentality I can hardly get her to watch movies.

And it's not just the Greek Mythology, when I first heard Iskandar's name being well... Iskandar, I was immediatly hooked. Historical figures brought to life was just such a brilliant idea in my eyes. It's a great series.

I didn't know Vita version had remixed bgms from the VNs... O_O Yes, I am very tempted to switch over to that release. But once I finish this version's UBW. XD And I also didn't know that "sword of the promised victory" is in the game, I thought that was Kajiura's creation but it was awesome. And Kajiura's remix is so magnificent... She should remix all of FSN tracks.
Hideyuki still made the best version of "Sword of Promised Victory" IMO.

http://youtu.be/Y82N7gCDcDY?t=1m30s
Old 2014-12-01, 05:54   Link #5389
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Is that the Vita remix?

Okay, I updated to Beast's Lair. Hopefully my saves don't get fucked up but damn, the remixed BGM are wonderful.

Last edited by Levani; 2014-12-01 at 06:07.
Old 2014-12-01, 06:24   Link #5390
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Is that the Vita remix?

Okay, I updated to Beast's Lair. Hopefully my saves don't get fucked up but damn, the remixed BGM are wonderful.
I would recommend to use the original "Emiya" instead of the remix though. That is the only song the remastered OST that was screwed up IMO.

Also no, the Sword of Promised Victory I linked is not the one from the remastered OST. There is another one.

The one I linked earlier is part of the credits song "Unite" of the remastered OST.
Old 2014-12-01, 06:47   Link #5391
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Okay so, it's finally revealed that Archer is Shirou from the future and they are about to fight, but as usual, time stuff gets me confused and I start to question things.

When Archer was the same age as Shirou, he fought in this very exact holy grail war, right? In other words, ArcherShirou should have known that he would become Archer and be summoned in this war to fight as a servant. The fact that ArcherShirou exists as an adult and later heroic spirit, means that Shirou beats ArcherShirou, so the current ArcherShirou should know that just by his existence, Shirou is victorious in the battle that I'm about to read. ArcherShirou should know everything right, how the 5th grail war ended, who died, what servant is from what time.

If these stuff get answered in the VN in detail, then I won't ask for questions. But if it's not answered, I need your help, FSN veterans xD
Old 2014-12-01, 07:17   Link #5392
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Okay so, it's finally revealed that Archer is Shirou from the future and they are about to fight, but as usual, time stuff gets me confused and I start to question things.

When Archer was the same age as Shirou, he fought in this very exact holy grail war, right? In other words, ArcherShirou should have known that he would become Archer and be summoned in this war to fight as a servant. The fact that ArcherShirou exists as an adult and later heroic spirit, means that Shirou beats ArcherShirou, so the current ArcherShirou should know that just by his existence, Shirou is victorious in the battle that I'm about to read. ArcherShirou should know everything right, how the 5th grail war ended, who died, what servant is from what time.

If these stuff get answered in the VN in detail, then I won't ask for questions. But if it's not answered, I need your help, FSN veterans xD
No that is the nature of the Type-moon universe. There are an infinte amount of parallel universes where things go different, so in a way, all 45 endings are "canon", including the bad endings.

That means Archer's own 5th Holy Grail war most certainly went completely different. He maybe never even got to know Archer's identity when he himself was Shirou of his own timeline. For all we know Saber could have actually completely killed Archer in his own timeline, causing him to not know anything about Archer aside from the fight in the school and that he was Rin's servant.
Old 2014-12-01, 07:24   Link #5393
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
It's also possible that in the timeline Archer is from, Heroic Spirit EMIYA didn't participate in the war at all, and Rin summoned a completely different Servant (she DID have Gil's catalyst after all....). We don't really know all that much about Archer's timeline, other than a few tidbits here and there about the time towards the end of his life, so as Greyzone said, pretty much anything is possible.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 07:24   Link #5394
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Ahh, so ArcherShirou is not the exact future which Emiya Shirou will follow. He's from an alternative universe... Grah, it's even more confusing But I like this sense of mystery.

Quote:
t's also possible that in the timeline Archer is from, Heroic Spirit EMIYA didn't participate in the war at all, and Rin summoned a completely different Servant (she DID have Gil's catalyst after all....). We don't really know all that much about Archer's timeline, other than a few tidbits here and there about the time towards the end of his life, so as Greyzone said, pretty much anything is possible.
Is it possible for Rin to summon Gil, even if he is already materialized in the world? I'm kinda surprised that Gil said nothing about Tokiomi's daughter. You'd think he would sneak in a mean comment or two.
Old 2014-12-01, 07:26   Link #5395
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Ahh, so ArcherShirou is not the exact future which Emiya Shirou will follow. He's from an alternative universe... Grah, it's even more confusing But I like this sense of mystery.
I am not sure I remember correctly, but I think in an interview it was said that the Shirous from the 3 routes all have less than 1% chance of becoming Archer.

Quote:
Is it possible for Rin to summon Gil, even if he is already materialized in the world? I'm kinda surprised that Gil said nothing about Tokiomi's daughter. You'd think he would sneak in a mean comment or two.
That's probably because Fate/Zero was written after Fate/stay night and Gil was had no real interest in Tokiomi anyway. For Gil he was just a mongrel like everyone else.
Old 2014-12-01, 07:31   Link #5396
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
I am not sure I remember correctly, but I think in an interview it was said that the Shirous from the 3 routes all have less than 1% chance of becoming Archer.
So, when people die and become heroic spirits, they are taken from the time axis. And this means that they can be summoned in any kind of world, in multiple alternative universes. And Rin got ArcherShirou because of Tokiomi's jewel.

Quote:
That's probably because Fate/Zero was written after Fate/stay night and Gil was had no real interest in Tokiomi anyway.
Nothing our good ol' pal Ufotable can't fix. I'm hoping Irisviel will be mentioned somehow too.

See, this is the problem with Fate/Zero watchers, I certainly view FSN as a sequel and still somehow think that Iri, Waver, Kiritsugu, Kirei are major players when they're clearly not xDD
Old 2014-12-01, 07:32   Link #5397
TwilightsCall

Quote:
When a Servant is summoned into the HGW, it doesn't summon the actual Heroic Spirit - it instead creates a copy of the Spirit, which occupies the vessel created by the Grail (which are the classes Saber, Archer, Lancer, etc). Once the Servant dies, the vessel returns to the Grail, and eventually the copy is returned to the Throne of Heroes, where the original Heroic Spirit then learns of everything the copy did.

The only Servant this doesn't work for is Saber, since as we learn in Fate, the Saber summoned is the real Arturia, not just a copy like the rest of the Servants. So technically speaking, if you found a Hero that had the appropriate abilities, you could actually summon 7 of the same Heroic Spirit into a single Holy Grail War. Though, as far as I am aware, there are no Heroic Spirits we know of that can fit into all 7 classes.

Last edited by TwilightsCall; 2014-12-01 at 07:33. Reason: adding the quote
Old 2014-12-01, 07:34   Link #5398
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Heroic Spirits aren't exclusive to HGW, right? If I got it right, they can be summoned at any time when the world is at the risk of destruction.
Old 2014-12-01, 07:38   Link #5399
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Heroic Spirits aren't exclusive to HGW, right? If I got it right, they can be summoned at any time when the world is at the risk of destruction.
I think that only applies to counter guardians like EMIYA though.
Old 2014-12-01, 07:40   Link #5400
TwilightsCall

Correct, though it is important to note it is the World that summons them in most cases. A system like the HGW is required for them to be summoned under human control, and even then they can only summon the weaker copies - if the world summons a Heroic Spirit, it is the full blown original, which would be much stronger than a Servant version of even the same Heroic Spirit.

EDIT: And as Greyzone said, typically the World only summons Counter Guardians in cases like that. It's technically possible to summon other Heroic Spirits I suppose, but it generally isn't done.

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel