Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-10, 11:11   Link #5381
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
It was for humor, asam, but I just like to get under kyero's skin. It fulfills me? (Not really, no).
wut? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by asam_laksa View Post
That's the funniest line I've ever read. I wonder whether it was meant for real, or just humor.
It's a small joke I made using the Blue Collar TV momment they called "I Belive"
Old 2008-07-10, 11:32   Link #5382
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Yeh orihime fight..........sure thats a possibility...wait...... no it isnt

I seriously doubt anything is gonna happen with ichigo and orihime either besides her stalking him all over creation
she has the power to turn back time, that is how she does her healing. she could just turn him back to a baby or just turn back time on him and blast him out of existence. i bet that would be her new power up, everybody has received a power up except her.

or possibly have this kind of power like this girl from Rave Master, her name is Ellie. Orihime somewhat looks like her with her when Ellie had long hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KZN-...eature=related

besides, in many animes i have seen, usually when someone fights for some item or person that has a unique ability to help them get what they want, it usually comes to bite them back in the ass!!

Quote:

I don't think it's all set in stone. I'm not bringing up any ultimatums ( I think that's pretty dumb, actually) until the manga is over. Right now, it honestly can go either way. The scales are pretty fair at the moment. Though if my gut feelings are correct: Nothing will happen for Orihime either.

well i am making a bold prediction here since i dont see anything from IchiRuki that was displayed that will make it take some love route. Rukia was just there to make Ichigo into a warrior, role has been completed and she is now just a supporting character to Ichigo and has her fair share of screentime just like the other characters.

Rukia is like family to Ichigo while Ichigo is an overprotecting brother to her.
Old 2008-07-10, 11:49   Link #5383
Calth

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
she has the power to turn back time, that is how she does her healing. she could just turn him back to a baby or just turn back time on him and blast him out of existence. i bet that would be her new power up, everybody has received a power up except her.
Spoiler for Manga spoilers? on orihime's power:
Old 2008-07-10, 12:06   Link #5384
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post

Rukia is like family to Ichigo while Ichigo is an overprotecting brother to her.
And by your logic, Orihime is like a family to Ichigo, while Ichigo is an overprotecting brother to her.

Calth, thanks for that explanation. Cleared up a few things people were misleading me to believe. She seriously sounds like she's capable of doing something, and I'm hoping this will be the time for her to stand beside her friends, and not behind them. I really can't wait to see this next upcoming chapters.
Old 2008-07-10, 12:10   Link #5385
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Orihime exist for Ichigo to fulfill his mother complex fantasies lol
Old 2008-07-10, 12:33   Link #5386
Calth

Quote:
And by your logic, Orihime is like a family to Ichigo, while Ichigo is an overprotecting brother to her.

Calth, thanks for that explanation. Cleared up a few things people were misleading me to believe. She seriously sounds like she's capable of doing something, and I'm hoping this will be the time for her to stand beside her friends, and not behind them. I really can't wait to see this next upcoming chapters.
No problem. Orihime's main flaw as a character has always been her lack of confidence in herself. This is the major block standing between a Ichihime relationship. It will never happen unless she gains confidence. When/if she gains that, she will be a force to be reckoned with. Not to say she automatically will be the canon love interest if she does, but it for sure wont happen unless she does.

This is similar to Rukia's major roadblock. Until/if she recognizes that she has romantic feelings for him, or until KT decides to kill the pair by officially dropping the like a brother/sister hat on it, there can be no progress there.

Personally, to admit my own bias, I like Orihime better as a character, so I prefer that relationship, but I dont have a problem if it ends up with Rukia winning, just so long as the proper character development occurs. My only beef is with people from both sides that claim that only one of the pairings is possible and blatantly ignore the evidence of any other pairing.
Old 2008-07-10, 12:44   Link #5387
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Orihime exist for Ichigo to fulfill his mother complex fantasies lol
Orihime to fulfill the mother complex,
Rukia to fulfill the sister complex? KT loves his moe action.

Calth: I'm in the same camp as you, sort of.
I like Orihime's character also and want her to get her feelings out at least, but I don't wish for a romantic ending for her. I'd like that left up to interpretation. I like Rukia's character just as much though and that look she gave him when he came to save her in SS was what probably did me in, though I don't wish for any romantic ending. I just want the last panel to feature them like in the old days. Bleach started because of these two characters, and I want it to end that way. I don't even mind if he accepts Orihime's feelings before that.

Cowards way out to cater to both sides of the fandom, I know. But it's how I'd like it to be.
Old 2008-07-10, 12:53   Link #5388
Calth

I usually prefer a conclusive resolution either way, but recognize that its rare in shounen. But only if the conclusion is actually developed. I mean if the manga ended now and it showed either pairing, I would be unhappy since it's kinda meaningless without the development. I just hope they don't pull the same stunt that CG just pulled, still bitter about that.
Old 2008-07-10, 13:36   Link #5389
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
So what is different then from Ichigo's feelings for Orihime?Why is Rukia just a friend to him and a family and why can't he feel the same way for Orihime?Just because you want it so?Not trying to offend you,but you are making observations which just doesn't match,so please elaborate.
And just because Orihime has romantic feelings for Ichigo doesn't mean he feels her as something more than a sister.I'm not saying her feelings should be unnoticed and her feelings are definitely not a reason why IchiOri shouldn't be,but it's not a reason it should be either.
It's obvious that she can't feel Ichigo as a brother and a replacement to her closest relative who died but that doesn't change Ichigo's behaviour towards her and the way he feels in any way.When in a pairing,there is only the one side feeling more than friendship,it makes...hm 0 % of the couple possible especially if the other side is oblivious.
Quote:
well i am making a bold prediction here since i dont see anything from IchiRuki that was displayed that will make it take some love route. Rukia was just there to make Ichigo into a warrior, role has been completed and she is now just a supporting character to Ichigo and has her fair share of screentime just like the other characters.
You forget that beside being a mentor to him,she was his friend as much as it seems you don't like it.You can't just disregard and forget about the fact Rukia and Ichigo are living creations and Rukia is not a robot who turned him into a hero Ichigo with super powers.She isn't just there to make him stronger-she is also someone he cares for.
If the role has been completed,I can't see a reason for the moments between them.Notice that after SS he was much stronger than her and Ichigo didn't need anyone to learn him how to fight but still did Kubo throw away their relationship?He made Ichigo's reaction when Rukia appeared and obviously,her role in his life is not over and completed because she played a role in SS and it was motivating him and getting him out of depression-if this is not playing a role,what is?I'm not implying anything romantic,just stating what actually happened.
Old 2008-07-10, 13:41   Link #5390
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Ok, we all know Yuzu has a massive brother complex... how badly will she freak out when/if Ichigo finds himself in a bf/gf situation with Inoue or Rukia?
Old 2008-07-10, 13:52   Link #5391
Langus
Optimus Prime

^^ Have you seen the first movie? There's a scene where Yuzu and Pa Kurosaki are listening at Ichigo's door as he's talking about Senna sleeping in his bed. Karin says something to the effect of "Well he is a teenage guy." Yuzu starts screaming with her hands over her ears. I seriously LOL every time I see it.
Old 2008-07-10, 14:44   Link #5392
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Ok, we all know Yuzu has a massive brother how badly will she freak out when/if Ichigo finds himself in a bf/gf situation with Inoue or Rukia?
:stare: She wouldn't.She'd get a glass and listen at the door with her father. Karin only if she's a babe (Yuri vibes?)

Carry on. I have finally met shippers that are more frenzied than I am...the lure is too strong. So I have to finish this post.(Before Ichigo comes back and I forget about them) So we can duke it out. I am getting ready to Hijack the Macross Forum.

IchiRuki is CANON.

lmao @ "Six Hearts" Not even a Ichi or a Go. Ichihime is dead..

Later...
Old 2008-07-10, 15:09   Link #5393
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

it's not over till Kubo says it's over
Old 2008-07-10, 15:39   Link #5394
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calth View Post
Spoiler for Manga spoilers? on orihime's power:
Spoiler:

Quote:
And by your logic, Orihime is like a family to Ichigo, while Ichigo is an overprotecting brother to her..
eh? why you had to mention Orihime? are you really close to BleachOD??

Orihime didnt spend much time with Ichigo as Rukia and that goes as well for any other character, a bond was already established between these two early in the manga and were like a Batman/Robin duo for sometime until after the Rukia arc.

Ichigo has a sense of protecting his friends to the point where he thinks they cannot defeat the enemy in front them. He did this to chad, rukia, and some other ones which pissed them off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
So what is different then from Ichigo's feelings for Orihime?Why is Rukia just a friend to him and a family and why can't he feel the same way for Orihime?Just because you want it so?Not trying to offend you,but you are making observations which just doesn't match,so please elaborate.
And just because Orihime has romantic feelings for Ichigo doesn't mean he feels her as something more than a sister.I'm not saying her feelings should be unnoticed and her feelings are definitely not a reason why IchiOri shouldn't be,but it's not a reason it should be either.
It's obvious that she can't feel Ichigo as a brother and a replacement to her closest relative who died but that doesn't change Ichigo's behaviour towards her and the way he feels in any way.When in a pairing,there is only the one side feeling more than friendship,it makes...hm 0 % of the couple possible especially if the other side is oblivious.
what? why you had to bring Orihime for? are you also close to or related to BleachOD as well?

okay listen, I dont know if you were reading my previous past posts from this thread or just hopped in this discussion kind of late and didnt bother to read what was posted in the past. NO PAIRING WILL HAPPEN IMO!!!

OUT OF ALL THE PAIRINGS ICHIGO/RUKIA HAS THE LEAST OF HAPPENING! all of this time they were alone together (she was living in his room for goodness sakes) and all the times they shared, not once was there romance between the two! all the bonding, the togetherness, the knowing of his pain/past....was to establish a family brother/sister bond that made Ichigo into a WARRIOR that he is today. that was Rukia's role. not this romance crap!!!

Quote:
You forget that beside being a mentor to him,she was his friend as much as it seems you don't like it.You can't just disregard and forget about the fact Rukia and Ichigo are living creations and Rukia is not a robot who turned him into a hero Ichigo with super powers.She isn't just there to make him stronger-she is also someone he cares for.
If the role has been completed,I can't see a reason for the moments between them.Notice that after SS he was much stronger than her and Ichigo didn't need anyone to learn him how to fight but still did Kubo throw away their relationship?He made Ichigo's reaction when Rukia appeared and obviously,her role in his life is not over and completed because she played a role in SS and it was motivating him and getting him out of depression-if this is not playing a role,what is?I'm not implying anything romantic,just stating what actually happened.
i really dont know how you came to that conclusion of me not acknowledging that they are friends? they are like family forgoodness sakes, that is friendship and beyond without romance involved.

yes her role is not over, i mean she is a main character, but her part of making ichigo into a warrior and teaching him things are over! she is no longer like baby sitting him and spending as much time as she was when making become a fighter.

she is just like chad, ishida, Renji, etc. playing their part. But mark my words, Rukia is not playing any romance part with Ichigo!!!

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2008-07-10 at 16:08.
Old 2008-07-10, 15:56   Link #5395
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Ichigo has a sense of protecting his friends to the point where he thinks they cannot defeat the enemy in front them. He did this to chad, rukia, and some other ones which pissed them off.
But not Orihime?
Heh,it's getting funny
Old 2008-07-10, 16:17   Link #5396
X_Danny_X

Quote:
But not Orihime?
Heh,it's getting funny
he offered to take Orihime home for protection!!! yes to her house in the manga. Orihime was shocked and rejected the request and kicked herself on why she did that.

and jesus, there was a whole part of him rescuing and fighting for her when her hallow brother attacked her! did you missed that part?

besides, Orihime didnt have that much power and not the fighting type. she was not in the scenes where the majority took place with Ichigo. I am confident he would of done the same thing and try to fight in her place if she was confronted with some enemy.
Old 2008-07-10, 16:21   Link #5397
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
But not Orihime?
Heh,it's getting funny
scavenging for a come back is funny too
Old 2008-07-10, 16:22   Link #5398
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
^^ Have you seen the first movie? There's a scene where Yuzu and Pa Kurosaki are listening at Ichigo's door as he's talking about Senna sleeping in his bed. Karin says something to the effect of "Well he is a teenage guy." Yuzu starts screaming with her hands over her ears. I seriously LOL every time I see it.
I remember that xD Weren't they listening at the door also when Rukia came back after the SS arc? I think Yuzu even did the same thing when Karin mentions Orihime's boobs, lol. I have to find that scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X
eh? why you had to mention Orihime? are you really close to BleachOD??
FIRST OF ALL, What does my post have to do with BleachOD's? I'd like an explanation please. SECOND I mentioned Orihime, because by your standards of what makes Rukia sisterly, it also makes Orihime just as sisterly, as there are a lot of parallels between the two arcs and how Ichigo treats them both.

How you (and some others) got from "friends" or nakama to "brother/sister" puzzles me. I can understand if you said, Rukia is like a nakama/comrade, etc., but there really is no valid proof (unless you compare how he reacts to his actual sisters as opposed to Rukia) that they are brotherly/sisterly at all. If he doesn't act like that at all with his own sisters, how can you say " their relationship is that of brothers and sisters"?

Just curious.

Quote:
Ichigo has a sense of protecting his friends to the point where he thinks they cannot defeat the enemy in front them. He did this to chad, rukia, and some other ones which pissed them off
I agree.
Old 2008-07-10, 16:36   Link #5399
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

this is a site populated by militant movie buffs. Sad, pathetic bastards living in their parent's basement downloading scripts and what they think is inside information about movies and actors they claim to despise but can't stop discussing.

:grin:
Old 2008-07-10, 16:39   Link #5400
X_Danny_X

Quote:

FIRST OF ALL, What does my post have to do with BleachOD's? I'd like an explanation please. SECOND I mentioned Orihime, because by your standards of what makes Rukia sisterly, it also makes Orihime just as sisterly, as there are a lot of parallels between the two arcs and how Ichigo treats them both.
you mentioning Orihime where there was no point in doing so since we were talking about Ichigo/Rukia. BleachOD did the samething. Orihime is just a friend to Ichigo and didnt experience the same close family bond like he did with Rukia. Orihime knows this as well when Orihime mentioned that Rukia is a very special friend to Ichigo. No other has that bond with Ichigo.

Quote:
How you (and some others) got from "friends" or nakama to "brother/sister" puzzles me. I can understand if you said, Rukia is like a nakama/comrade, etc., but there really is no valid proof (unless you compare how he reacts to his actual sisters as opposed to Rukia) that they are brotherly/sisterly at all. If he doesn't act like that at all with his own sisters, how can you say " their relationship is that of brothers and sisters"?

Just curious.
eh? i always talked about them being close like a brother/sister family type of friendship. Rukia is a special person to Ichigo as we have been told and it is because what they experience together. Rukia new about Ichigo's past and about his mother's death. They also started hunting down hollows together like a batman/robin duo and got to know his family. Also when Ichigo was in the dumps and also when he wouldn't believe in himself, Rukia was the first to get him out of the slump or the one to start the process! I mean she had a grand entrance in doing so by being away for so long and smacking him with kick to the head. They even bicker like a brother sister do.

jesus, it was pretty clear that a bond was created at the beginning. many people mistook it as romance but it was actually a process to make Ichigo into a warrior. Rukia made Ichigo the way he is! a warrior, a MAN! now is taking it to action