AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2016-03-15, 16:27   Link #5421
EdRed

I guess that her behavior is more motivated by wanting to *have* Kirito whether it's romantically or simply protective behavior. Or Kawahara's interpretation of 3% love is what we're seeing from Alice now, a crush, and not "serious" love? Or is he saying that Alice is simply confused and thus acting he way she does?

Since the "love triangle" is fan fiction and Kirito didn't have any romantic interest in Alice in the WN, it could pretty much stay same for Alice's public announcement, i think, without running afoul of his statements regarding Kirito and Asuna.
EdRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 16:51   Link #5422
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikk View Post
From volume 15 it is clear she has romantic feelings for him, she wanted to tell her feelings and almost kissed him but are interrupted by Eldrie and in the Volume 16 she is jealous of Asuna, Sortiliena teased them about that
Despite that her interest in him is still not as big as the end of the WN, but for now their relationship is almost identical between LN and WN, if it continues to follow the path of the WN then her confession for Kirito on national TV is definitely possible.
Thank you!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-22, 09:05   Link #5423
dragon213

Ok now I'm confused, so what was Kirito's thoughts of Alice in the WN and LN looked at some spoilers but they're just confusing, also some spoiler seem to suggest that he had had other lovers/wives in the WN other than Asuna (don't mean Sachi) is that true and in that case, was that in UW? Part of me have a hard time thinking that last part might be true.

Last edited by dragon213; 2016-03-22 at 10:28.
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-22, 10:02   Link #5424
-Hikaru-
(´・ω・`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon213 View Post
Ok now I'm confused, so what was Kirito's thoughts of Alice in the WN and LN loomed at some spilers but they're just confusing, also some spoiler seem to suggest that he had had other lovers/wives in the WN other than Asuna (don't mean Sachi) is that true and in that case, was that in UW? Part of me have a hard time thinking that last part might be true.
Spoiler for spoiler:

About the other lovers/wives part, it's just a mistranslation. But who knows lol, anything could happen during 200 years. Ronye already fell hard for Kirito.
-Hikaru- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-22, 10:27   Link #5425
dragon213

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hikaru- View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:

About the other lovers/wives part, it's just a mistranslation. But who knows lol, anything could happen during 200 years. Ronye already fell hard for Kirito.
Ok, just wondered, so it seems that Alice's feelings are one sided then, also that guy needs to stop unintentionally make girls fall for him, also something I have wondered, was anyone else in UW alive like Kirito, or just virtual?

Wonder how and when the light novel will end, I would like to see Kirito and Asuna maybe getting married, or a time skip to see them together married and with at least one child
Old 2016-03-22, 10:58   Link #5426
-Hikaru-
(´・ω・`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRed View Post
Some answers from Kawahara; probably relevant given that those topics are often discussed here.

https://twitter.com/kunori/status/689349046775906304

https://twitter.com/kunori/status/689345235218911232

So, True Love for Kirito and Asuna while Alice isn't even actually romantically interested in Kirito.
The way I interpret it, Kawahara is saying that true love is very difficult to achieve, even for Kirito and Asuna. They are not yet at that stage. When they achieve it, it will be the end of SAO, but the end is not yet in sight. WN end is just a big cliffhanger.

In a relationship, I do think that love only occupies a small part. There are also respect, compassion, obligation, dependence, gratitude, desire to protect, sympathy, irritated feeling, carnal desire and so on.

3% for Alice imo is pretty good, since I think that Asuna's love for Kirito is just around 10%. The rest is distributed to other elements.
-Hikaru- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 22:07   Link #5427
EdRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hikaru- View Post
The way I interpret it, Kawahara is saying that true love is very difficult to achieve, even for Kirito and Asuna. They are not yet at that stage. When they achieve it, it will be the end of SAO, but the end is not yet in sight. WN end is just a big cliffhanger.

In a relationship, I do think that love only occupies a small part. There are also respect, compassion, obligation, dependence, gratitude, desire to protect, sympathy, irritated feeling, carnal desire and so on.

3% for Alice imo is pretty good, since I think that Asuna's love for Kirito is just around 10%. The rest is distributed to other elements.
If you view it like that, then 3% is indeed not too bad.

But that's heavily down to interpretation.

My personal intuition if i were so assign percentages would be to put someone who has really fallen for someone else somewhat close to 100%. But then again, i would also assume the things you (correctly, imo) listed as important for a relationship to be included when i say love.
Old 2016-03-23, 22:10   Link #5428
EdRed

Quote:
Ok, just wondered, so it seems that Alice's feelings are one sided then, also that guy needs to stop unintentionally make girls fall for him, also something I have wondered, was anyone else in UW alive like Kirito, or just virtual?

Wonder how and when the light novel will end, I would like to see Kirito and Asuna maybe getting married, or a time skip to see them together married and with at least one child
You are correct about Alice's (romantic) feelings being onesided.

Regarding your other question...Kirito was the only human in the UW before Asuna and the others entered, iirc. The Fluctlights are arguably alive apart from that though, see Alice.
Old 2016-03-24, 18:32   Link #5429
Sheepthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikk View Post
From volume 15 it is clear she has romantic feelings for him, she wanted to tell her feelings and almost kissed him but are interrupted by Eldrie and in the Volume 16 she is jealous of Asuna, Sortiliena teased them about that
Despite that her interest in him is still not as big as the end of the WN, but for now their relationship is almost identical between LN and WN, if it continues to follow the path of the WN then her confession for Kirito on national TV is definitely possible.
Im not sure, specially about "that" kiss, the first time i read that part i thought she was only looking straight in to his eyes, im not the only one who thought about this, but anyway..

But in the end of the Volume 16 she was jealous of Asuna (only of her) but it wasnt just for Kirito, there was a lot of other things on and even Alice didnt known wich one was, if was Asuna´s fighting skilss, her beauty or her relationship with Kirito, the other stuff with Sortiliena and Ronye was just her competitive nature, she didnt want to lose.

There is a lot of things in common between WN and LN anyway, so maybe in the end Alice is still in love with Kirito, but i really doubt it, Reki has put a lot of effort in the Mc´s relationship toning down any "romantic" feeling or relationship between Kirito or any other girl ( just take a look between WN Sinon and LN Sinon xD.) and writting Progressive and all the ME´s and SS´s (Damn, he is even answering all the questions towards this theme in his twitter, the last time saying that Kirito never felt any kind of romantic attraction toward Alice in the WN).

Last edited by Sheepthar; 2016-03-24 at 18:33. Reason: for -> of
Sheepthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 22:23   Link #5430
EdRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepthar View Post
Im not sure, specially about "that" kiss, the first time i read that part i thought she was only looking straight in to his eyes, im not the only one who thought about this, but anyway..

But in the end of the Volume 16 she was jealous of Asuna (only of her) but it wasnt just for Kirito, there was a lot of other things on and even Alice didnt known wich one was, if was Asuna´s fighting skilss, her beauty or her relationship with Kirito, the other stuff with Sortiliena and Ronye was just her competitive nature, she didnt want to lose.

There is a lot of things in common between WN and LN anyway, so maybe in the end Alice is still in love with Kirito, but i really doubt it, Reki has put a lot of effort in the Mc´s relationship toning down any "romantic" feeling or relationship between Kirito or any other girl ( just take a look between WN Sinon and LN Sinon xD.) and writting Progressive and all the ME´s and SS´s (Damn, he is even answering all the questions towards this theme in his twitter, the last time saying that Kirito never felt any kind of romantic attraction toward Alice in the WN).
I think you're pretty much right about Alice simply being very competitive for competition sake. The tried kiss...i think both interpretations are valid for that. What i got from Alice in that scene was a good amount of confusion about her own feelings and a frustration about Kirito not reacting.

He's been working quite dedicated towards developing Kirito and Asuna more/stronger even in cases that were very clear in the WN (Like you mentioned Sinon - or Sachi).
Old 2016-03-24, 22:41   Link #5431
dragon213

Quote:

Ok I understand the part with Sachi, but Sinon? It sounds like the relationship between Kirito and Asuna is stronger in the LN than it was in the WN and one more thing, it has sound like the romantic stuff between Kirito and the girls seems to have stronger (from both sides or just the girls?) Please explain if his relationship with Asuna were any weaker in the WN and how his relationship with the others were. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

Or did you just mean the LN focused more on the main couple, and not as much as the other girls feelings for him compared to the WN? And if that's the case, any big changes about the relationship between Asuna and Kirito?

Last edited by dragon213; 2016-03-24 at 22:52.
Old 2016-03-25, 14:12   Link #5432
Sheepthar

Quote:
Ok I understand the part with Sachi, but Sinon? It sounds like the relationship between Kirito and Asuna is stronger in the LN than it was in the WN and one more thing, it has sound like the romantic stuff between Kirito and the girls seems to have stronger (from both sides or just the girls?) Please explain if his relationship with Asuna were any weaker in the WN and how his relationship with the others were. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

Or did you just mean the LN focused more on the main couple, and not as much as the other girls feelings for him compared to the WN? And if that's the case, any big changes about the relationship between Asuna and Kirito?
Well, this was maybe my own interpretation, but all the girls were a lot more agressive towards Kirito, for example in GGO WN arc Sinon is constantly trying to steal a kiss from Kirito and in Alicization she even kiss him after her arrival to UW (This "should" happen in the upcoming Volume 17), also in the end all the girls were in love with him and they are not going to give a fuck about Asuna xD, now this should not happen in the LN since their feelings were killed in their respective arc´s (Leafa at the end of Fairy Dance and Sinon after meeting Asuna), and for UW girls, maybe the LN and the WN are pretty similar, but for example you dont get a Ronye so in love with him, in the LN she is more like "notice me sempai" xD and Alice depends pretty much in each own interpretation (some people says that she is just being protective with Kirito, other that is love, other because he is her responsability has a knight, etc) but until now we dont get the word "love" from her. (im not sure, but in the WN Alice recognize her feelings for Kirito as love after meeting Asuna, but again im not sure). So this is pretty much about the girls.

About Kirito, he is pretty much the same in both LN and WN (except for Sachi xD), he never pays attention to the other girls feelings and actually he dont give a fuck about their anyway, he is just awkward as always. In the WN/LN he never cheat on Asuna, and never think of any other girl in any romantic way, not Sinon, not Alice, etc, of course he is still a man, so if a half naked-beautiful blondie-robot-girl goes in to your bed at 3 a.m you cant pretend to be just "okay". So his relationship with Asuna is also pretty much the same in both series, they are in love, they are still planing to be together working for UW sake and they are still wanting to be a family in the real world with Yui. In the LN they just have more attention maybe, or just with all the new Material editions, SS and Progressive you get the impression of a better develópment for their or its just Reki wanting you to feel that their relationship is a lot more strong with the new stuffs.

Edit: i apologize, my english is awful so maybe i got you a bit confused, but in a nutshel in the WN, Kirito is in love with Asuna, all the other girls are in love with him but its one sided while in the LN is still the same for Kirito, but the girls have a better development not wanting Kirito´s dick xD, and Reki "fixing" a lot of scenes that may be missinterpreted, its just that.

Last edited by Sheepthar; 2016-03-25 at 16:20.
Old 2016-03-25, 20:12   Link #5433
EdRed

Sheeptar summed up the differences pretty good. Imo, Kawahara tried to make the Kirisuna relationship more "special" as opposed to Kirito's platonic friendships with the others girls.

A big hint here is really the fact that in the WN, Sachi was Kirito's first love (as per the Q&A). In the LN, he did not even have romantic feelings for her at all and his first love is Asuna. Not to mention that now with Progressive, they share a pretty big past together.
Old 2016-03-25, 23:47   Link #5434
dragon213

Quote:
Well, this was maybe my own interpretation, but all the girls were a lot more agressive towards Kirito, for example in GGO WN arc Sinon is constantly trying to steal a kiss from Kirito and in Alicization she even kiss him after her arrival to UW (This "should" happen in the upcoming Volume 17), also in the end all the girls were in love with him and they are not going to give a fuck about Asuna xD, now this should not happen in the LN since their feelings were killed in their respective arc´s (Leafa at the end of Fairy Dance and Sinon after meeting Asuna), and for UW girls, maybe the LN and the WN are pretty similar, but for example you dont get a Ronye so in love with him, in the LN she is more like "notice me sempai" xD and Alice depends pretty much in each own interpretation (some people says that she is just being protective with Kirito, other that is love, other because he is her responsability has a knight, etc) but until now we dont get the word "love" from her. (im not sure, but in the WN Alice recognize her feelings for Kirito as love after meeting Asuna, but again im not sure). So this is pretty much about the girls.

About Kirito, he is pretty much the same in both LN and WN (except for Sachi xD), he never pays attention to the other girls feelings and actually he dont give a fuck about their anyway, he is just awkward as always. In the WN/LN he never cheat on Asuna, and never think of any other girl in any romantic way, not Sinon, not Alice, etc, of course he is still a man, so if a half naked-beautiful blondie-robot-girl goes in to your bed at 3 a.m you cant pretend to be just "okay". So his relationship with Asuna is also pretty much the same in both series, they are in love, they are still planing to be together working for UW sake and they are still wanting to be a family in the real world with Yui. In the LN they just have more attention maybe, or just with all the new Material editions, SS and Progressive you get the impression of a better develópment for their or its just Reki wanting you to feel that their relationship is a lot more strong with the new stuffs.

Edit: i apologize, my english is awful so maybe i got you a bit confused, but in a nutshel in the WN, Kirito is in love with Asuna, all the other girls are in love with him but its one sided while in the LN is still the same for Kirito, but the girls have a better development not wanting Kirito´s dick xD, and Reki "fixing" a lot of scenes that may be missinterpreted, its just that.
Sinon was that aggressive in the WN? That's definitely not the Sinon I know, so I guess the other girls were more aggressive with him too, so from what I understood, Sinon at least once managed to kiss Kirito, did any of the other girls do that too? And were there more moments where we got to see a jealous Asuna (with the other girls, knows about the thing with Alice)?
Old 2016-03-26, 09:07   Link #5435
Sheepthar

Quote:
Sinon was that aggressive in the WN? That's definitely not the Sinon I know, so I guess the other girls were more aggressive with him too, so from what I understood, Sinon at least once managed to kiss Kirito, did any of the other girls do that too? And were there more moments where we got to see a jealous Asuna (with the other girls, knows about the thing with Alice)?
Nop, just Sinon and only when Kirito was in Potato mode. As far i remember Alice in the WN was the only who made Asuna being jealousy, actually it was kinda funny to se a jealous Asuna for the first time in the WN, but in the LN she hasnt show any signal of jealous, its weird i was expectating to show something in the vol 16, maybe now she is also more confident.

About the other girls or the story in the WN, just check the Flere´s summaries i guess, they dont do things like Sinon, but they are still in love an dreaming awake with Kirito. (You should go to Reddit and made a post asking about this, there is a lot of chineses readers who knowns the complete WN version ).
Old 2016-03-27, 17:56   Link #5436
dragon213

I just wonder, how did Asuna fall for him in the WN, I heard about that the duel they had in the Material Editions were in the WN, and it was after that that she fell in love with him, if that's true about the WN, why would she fall for him after losing a duel? Did it make her pay more attention for him or something?
Old 2016-03-27, 22:02   Link #5437
Sheepthar

Quote:
I just wonder, how did Asuna fall for him in the WN, I heard about that the duel they had in the Material Editions were in the WN, and it was after that that she fell in love with him, if that's true about the WN, why would she fall for him after losing a duel? Did it make her pay more attention for him or something?
Ummm... she starts to pay more attention to him after that duel (Yep, Material Edition 01, a kind of manga, full of illustrations and that sort of things), but it wasnt until the murder incident in the safe zone that she began to feel "things or nice things" for him, eventually she felt for him. (this was explained when Kirito and Asuna are talking with Nishida in the 22th floor gate - LN volume 1). The Main LN and the WN are quite similar on this, however the big retcons will come from Progressive, since from the early floors you can feel some kind of romantic tension between them, specially in Progressive 3.
Old 2016-03-27, 22:28   Link #5438
dragon213

Quote:
Ummm... she starts to pay more attention to him after that duel (Yep, Material Edition 01, a kind of manga, full of illustrations and that sort of things), but it wasnt until the murder incident in the safe zone that she began to feel "things or nice things" for him, eventually she felt for him. (this was explained when Kirito and Asuna are talking with Nishida in the 22th floor gate - LN volume 1). The Main LN and the WN are quite similar on this, however the big retcons will come from Progressive, since from the early floors you can feel some kind of romantic tension between them, specially in Progressive 3.
I know what she said to Nishida about that, I only read somewhere that she fell for him after the duel (it sounded like her feelings right after it), and wondered if the part of how she fell for him were any different in the WN, also I heard somewhere that she didn't hesistae during the thing with Kuradeel in the WN, so did she kill him there, instead of Kirito, or did he end up having to do it anyway?
Old 2016-03-27, 22:43   Link #5439
Sheepthar

Quote:
I know what she said to Nishida about that, I only read somewhere that she fell for him after the duel (it sounded like her feelings right after it), and wondered if the part of how she fell for him were any different in the WN, also I heard somewhere that she didn't hesistae during the thing with Kuradeel in the WN, so did she kill him there, instead of Kirito, or did he end up having to do it anyway?
No, after that duel she only start to notice him more, the LN and WN are similar in "when she fall for him". About Kuradeel yes, in the WN Asuna made the killing blow, she didnt stop and just killed him without any kind of hesitation. (Asuna in the WN was a lot more agressive in her actions too, she didnt regret killing at any time during the WN)

I dont known if i can put links from other forums, but look in google for differences between WN and LN sao or in reddit and you will find a lot of them.

Last edited by Sheepthar; 2016-03-27 at 22:44. Reason: moment -> time
Old 2016-04-10, 02:40   Link #5440
AP24

LN Vol 17 is out, does anyone know where it ends at?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality