AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-12-31, 11:39   Link #5421
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticMagus View Post

I second you. Just what the hell is happening here?
When and why did something as simple as giving out one's career survey choice become so damn overbearingly grim?

Not I can honestly say I dislike this turn of events hehehehe
Can say the same. Surely we should a expect A LOT of drama on the upcoming volume.

Spoiler for orz:

Also, I'm expecting Yui to get really aggressive on the upcoming volume, if the infirmary scene was any hint.

Spoiler for O.o:
Old 2014-12-31, 11:45   Link #5422
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticMagus View Post

I knew what she was going to say before courtesy of spoilers, but reading it in context really changed the way I view a few things in retrospect. Take for example our greatest hnnggg moment on the ride when Yukino held onto 8man. After reading this bit, well, I guess you can guess the rest. The scene sort of implies Yukino chooses to rely on someone instead of herself. Or something unnecessarily complicated like that now. Really, this chapter just butchered many beautiful moments of heart warming displays of trust and friendship into.. some really weird and ominous kind of stuff?
I don't think it's that bad. Relying or not, Hikki and Yukino both need that trust. And don't forget Haruno is rather wicked.

I also think Haruno is testing them, that maybe they'll find the answer to the question about genuine things. Because if the last memorandum is hers, she clearly didn't.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 11:58   Link #5423
HereticMagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
I don't think it's that bad. Relying or not, Hikki and Yukino both need that trust. And don't forget Haruno is rather wicked.

I also think Haruno is testing them, that maybe they'll find the answer to the question about genuine things. Because if the last memorandum is hers, she clearly didn't.
But according to her it's not trust. That's the rub. Plus hayama's you haven't noticed gives off an exceedingly foreboding vibe. I get the feeling that there is quite a big conflict imminent.

Yes, she might be testing them. However, she is being quite..I'm not sure what the right word to describe her actions is right now, can't be aggressive? Scheming? Nah. Torturous may be? Okay, she is being quite torturous about it.
HereticMagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 12:17   Link #5424
Heat066

To make this thread happier (), here, another of Kazuki's 4-koma, saw it on 4chan:

Spoiler for this:
Old 2014-12-31, 12:54   Link #5425
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post

Also, I'm expecting Yui to get really aggressive on the upcoming volume, if the infirmary scene was any hint.

Spoiler for O.o:
She was gauging Hikki's view of Yukino romantically when the rumor first surfaced so that's two times the push towards making herself known now.

Hopefully her handmade Valentine's chocolate doesn't kill Hikki.

On the other hand I'd like to bring up a point I speculated upon earlier as a possible motivation for Haruno's aim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Not suggesting Yukino getting together with Hayama but if her.. dislike of Hayama has lasted since elementary school it's easy to miss how close she was to him back then to hold it against him for this long.

It would be a masterful sight to see if they ever reconcile. Besides, Yukino can't keep on running forever.
Scratch one for the past but Haruno seems intend on getting Yukino to stand for herself both in mindset and actions, even if it will cost her sister dearly again.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 13:02   Link #5426
Libertad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
Well, "using" is a bit too harsh(because in that case Yukino was pretending to be another person entirely for ten whole volumes, which would make her worse than Haruno).
Yeah "using" was probably too much, my bad. Besides I think yukino herself does not realize this habit of hers, or maybe she does but denies it. This wouldn't be the first time that happened. I don't really think her relying on people is bad since it is inevitable that there will be some things you couldn't do by yourself but for some reason, yukino took it to the point where it "broke" (forgive the term) haruno.

Haruno also scathingly compared yukino to their mother during volume 8 and now it struck me that maybe that was a glimpse of her real feelings. Her mother, yukino and her environment probably put too much pressure on her young self without someone to rely on (no hikki-like figure for her). She took all of them and amazingly held it all in. She met everyone's expectations and became the super human everyone knew and admired (what hayama emulated).

This probably caused her to be isolated on the inside and never really formed any lasting relationships with people. I doubt becoming someone like she is today happened without her throwing something away. Now as for where hikki comes in, I doubt he can do anything other that empower yukino to "save" haruno since that will have more impact on their relationship and will hopefully get rid of whatever it is that haruno dislikes about her (character development?).

On a lighter note, next volume is valentines day and a certain dead fish-eyed boy is gonna receive his first chocolate. Hopefully this would not turn into a massacre what with 4? girls giving him honmei choco
Libertad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 13:04   Link #5427
Excorsism

It does make me wonder what kind of progress Yukino has made thus far on Hachiman's request for something genuine. I imagine it'll be a big plot point in the last arc following by Yukino's request for help as well. I have a hard time thinking what Yui's role could be in all this aside for drama's sake.

Next volume should cover Valentine's Day. Romantic drama overlapping with family drama doesn't sound very fun for Yukino, that's for sure.

Now for the agonizing wait until March/April.
Old 2014-12-31, 13:26   Link #5428
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
To make this thread happier (), here, another of Kazuki's 4-koma, saw it on 4chan:

Spoiler for this:
Oh Yui , You will always be the First girl to Love Hikkigaya Hachiman selflessly !!!

Hmm , Doesn't that gave her more ''Right'' on Hachiman then other girls.
I guess , Hikkigaya understand that much . (pointing toward some hint toward Hiki & Yui)
Aside From Breast size , Yui is even more unique then Yukino.
She was the 1st person to break Yukino's Wall ! Something that Hikki & Hayama couldn't do.
Old 2014-12-31, 13:36   Link #5429
Shadowind

Spoiler for Haruno:

Assuming that all monologues are from Haruno, I say that I never quite understood why she had a hostile attitude towards Yukino. Now, I believe she's trying to help her sister, in her own way, but, while we are focused on Hachiman's perspective as the story is told, Wataru Watari now shed some light into that, let's say... "perfect girl", who may be the more loneliest of the story.
Even though she tries to make Yukino stand on her own too feet, without relying too much on othe rs, she too needs to rely on someone and thought that Hachiman could be that person. But, even so, this not explains everything nor it allows me to understand what drives Haruno Yukinoshita.
Shadowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 13:45   Link #5430
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Well, so Watari decided to take us on the stunted emotional growth route? Because while it's clear that both Yukinon and Hikki aren't fully emotionally mature, and as such their relationships with other people are virutally non-existant, they have the potential to help each other out with their respective problems, but taking Haruno and Hayama's words into account, whatever happens to solve Yukinon's family issues has to come from her first(even if later on she's backed by Hikki), so she finds herself and stops that over-dependance on Hikki that those who seem to know her think she has, and in that process she'll grow enough to both stand up to her family and realize her feelings for Hikki (that's of course assuming she hasn't realized them already and just doesn't want to acknowlodge them)..
On another note, it's scary how much Haruno it's like Hikki, with the way she handles any affair she gets mixed up with, the constant reading and manipulation of people's emotions and such, how she doesn't mind playing the villain... It certainly explains why she takes a personal interest on Hikki, she sees herself in him.. (won't speculate if she's doing this on her own or if she's playing a role for her family's sake, because honestly I don't know)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watari
Although, it’s by looking into that darkness that you end up seeing a light.
Yeah, rocky times ahead..
Old 2014-12-31, 13:50   Link #5431
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Well, so Watari decided to take us on the stunted emotional growth route? Because while it's clear that both Yukinon and Hikki aren't fully emotionally mature, and as such their relationships with other people are virutally non-existant, they have the potential to help each other out with their respective problems, but taking Haruno and Hayama's words into account, whatever happens to solve Yukinon's family issues has to come from her first(even if later on she's backed by Hikki), so she finds herself and stops that over-dependance on Hikki that those who seem to know her think she has, and in that process she'll grow enough to both stand up to her family and realize her feelings for Hikki (that's of course assuming she hasn't realized them already and just doesn't want to acknowlodge them)..
On another note, it's scary how much Haruno it's like Hikki, with the way she handles any affair she gets mixed up with, the constant reading and manipulation of people's emotions and such, how she doesn't mind playing the villain... It certainly explains why she takes a personal interest on Hikki, she sees herself in him.. (won't speculate if she's doing this on her own or if she's playing a role for her family's sake, because honestly I don't know)
You forgot one thing, just like 8man she might (because she's a mistery) be doing it for an ultimate good.
Old 2014-12-31, 14:27   Link #5432
Libertad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
On another note, it's scary how much Haruno it's like Hikki, with the way she handles any affair she gets mixed up with, the constant reading and manipulation of people's emotions and such, how she doesn't mind playing the villain... It certainly explains why she takes a personal interest on Hikki, she sees herself in him.. (won't speculate if she's doing this on her own or if she's playing a role for her family's sake, because honestly I don't know
I started searching the net about "no longer human" and look what I found

Quote:
“People talk of 'social outcasts'. The words apparently denote the miserable losers of the world, the vicious ones, but I feel as though I have been a “social outcast” from the moment I was born. If ever I meet someone society has designated as an outcast, I invariably feel affection for him, an emotion which carries me away in melting tenderness.”
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
Yeah I think we've got a bad case of empathy here from haruno, though hikki probably does not feel the same way. I really want to read that book now. I bet her interest in hikki developed the first day they met (slightly because of yukino). What deepened it were the events of volume 6 when she saw him becoming batman
Libertad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 15:01   Link #5433
Echodrive

I dont even expect a romance ending from this LN, if i just get to see how they mature ill honestly be satisfied with the ending.

Also I really like how in vol1 Yukino wanted to change and Hikki believed it’s fine to stay as he is, but now in previous volumes it’s slowly being the opposite. 8man is ready to change and Yukino is willing to accept herself.

i wonder if in the next volume Hikki would sacrifice himself to end yukino's family issue maybe thats why Haruno is interested in Hachiman, he could be the solution to their problems with his odd way of thinking and yukino might agree due to how much she is relying on him now.
Echodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 15:05   Link #5434
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echodrive View Post
Also I really like how in vol1 Yukino wanted to change and Hikki believed it’s fine to stay as he is, but now in previous volumes it’s slowly being the opposite. 8man is ready to change and Yukino is willing to accept herself.
I also noticed it Wataru-sensei never ceases to amaze me.
YumeNoMonogatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 15:08   Link #5435
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echodrive View Post
Superb character development, I'd say.

The question is whether Watari can top the problem in volumes 7-9 with the upcoming conflict. He's going to have to channel his inner writer, .

A random thought, I sorta wish the last arc would be adapted into a movie. Get all that delicious budget and stuff if you know what I mean. Too bad, life isn't that nice.
Old 2014-12-31, 15:30   Link #5436
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
A random thought, I sorta wish the last arc would be adapted into a movie. Get all that delicious budget and stuff if you know what I mean. Too bad, life isn't that nice.
Never stop dreaming Excor! I mean, we are already getting a 2nd season
Old 2014-12-31, 17:08   Link #5437
csuree
The Most Hated™

Happy new year guys and girls, from my time zone.
Let us have a wonderful new year full of Oregairu. cheers guys(sipping champagne)

Latest chapters were amazing, Thank you Excorsism, for your hard work.
Old 2014-12-31, 17:17   Link #5438
Quol
That Guy

It really was a great chapter. Surprisingly for me im more interested in the development of Hikki and Hayama than Hikki and Yukino.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 17:20   Link #5439
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

Old 2014-12-31, 22:00   Link #5440
havensgate
skull one

thank you excorcism for v10 translation, and again thank you for the "note" at the end of each chapters, it really help me, im not good with subtle thing
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck