AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-09-19, 04:41   Link #54681
demino_hellsin
That one guy

there's a GARO wikia. But as far as I know, the difference is only in power levels. Larval horrors only take the form of those rotting winged cherubs. normals are those with names. and I think cardinal horrors are strong horrors like the ones in red requiem. they arent categorized by sins or anything so the girls wont get categorized similarly.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 10:23   Link #54682
Ignition Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
As for Rei being there... okay, that could be fun. Especially if Chifuyu is interested in him
Impossible...

Chifuyu's character blueprint is a devoted big sister for her little brother, Ichika.

If Chifuyu was interested in other men... then she is not Chifuyu, instead she is just a rip-off character who resembles Chifuyu.
Ignition Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 10:27   Link #54683
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I forgot to add, in the thing where. I wanted Ichika to have the discipline of a makai knight but not be a makai knight. Whenever he has a showdown with someone, he has a catchphrase of ass kicking he says. A variation of something all GARO protagonists have said so far.

"That frustration of yours, I'll cut it away!"(Houki)

"That loneliness, I'll cut it away!"(Cecilia)
Old 2014-09-19, 10:38   Link #54684
Kurazukara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignition Boost View Post
Impossible...

Chifuyu's character blueprint is a devoted big sister for her little brother, Ichika.

If Chifuyu was interested in other men... then she is not Chifuyu, instead she is just a rip-off character who resembles Chifuyu.
I must agree.

Chifuyu is one of the pivotal characters that made me like IS.

I'm fine with her being with Ichika but to other men... It makes me irked. Like she is not Chifuyu anymore.
Kurazukara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 10:48   Link #54685
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I forgot to add, in the thing where. I wanted Ichika to have the discipline of a makai knight but not be a makai knight. Whenever he has a showdown with someone, he has a catchphrase of ass kicking he says. A variation of something all GARO protagonists have said so far.

"Drive it away" sounds better, also works as a pun on "Overdrive". Or "Slash it to pieces" heh.

Well, if have the discipline of a Makai Knight, then he would have to devote a lot of time to training and not slack around, not to mention he will need to learn to be calm in battles.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 11:07   Link #54686
demino_hellsin
That one guy

basically, imagine Ichika getting Zaruba. And Zaruba decides that he's going to whip this wimp who wants strength into shape. So it's the shonen hero with a seinen mindset working on shonen power-upping himself to greatness. Only he isn't getting shonen power-ups but small step power-ups.

Also, I'm basically taking what Kouga and the others said literally.

"Omae no Inga, ore wo tachikiru!"
Old 2014-09-19, 14:28   Link #54687
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Impossible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurazukara View Post
I must agree.

Chifuyu is one of the pivotal characters that made me like IS.

I'm fine with her being with Ichika but to other men... It makes me irked. Like she is not Chifuyu anymore.
Thank you! T^T

Someone understands~!!! Oh happy day!
Old 2014-09-19, 14:35   Link #54688
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Woohoo! still don't understand what's going on! Woohoo!
bitmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 19:02   Link #54689
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Welp, I'm still sticking to Ichika's only choice being Chifuyu. However I'm sad to see that Chifuyu will always be seen only with him or no one. It's actually kind of demeaning for her because it implies she's no good unless with him.
Old 2014-09-19, 21:47   Link #54690
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitmeister View Post
Woohoo! still don't understand what's going on! Woohoo!
That require extensive usage of mindrape, so be glad you don't.

Quote:
Welp, I'm still sticking to Ichika's only choice being Chifuyu. However I'm sad to see that Chifuyu will always be seen only with him or no one. It's actually kind of demeaning for her because it implies she's no good unless with him.
This

Chifuyu's world revolving around Ichika is fine as character flaw, but to boast it proud and tall is just...

(to be fair, every girl in I.S. romantically involved with him have that flaw themselves)
Old 2014-09-19, 21:54   Link #54691
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Not just a character flaw. Even those that like her character itself believing she is no longer a worthwhile character, that she isn't worthy of attention or of her own name without Ichika is... kind of disturbing.
Old 2014-09-19, 22:24   Link #54692
I'm-here-present

That is your opinion.

Chifuyu is an awesome character all on her own, she don't need any man except for her brother, she is too cool for that *omitting the bro-con part*. But if one starts to divert her away from her character by linking her to some random persons not even related to the canon, there her character is destroyed, there she becomes a stranger and not anymore Chifuyu.

I can't imagine Chifuyu being too friendly with other people because only her brother is the only one who can experience her elusive kindness and emotions.

Being with Ichika is a part of Chifuyu character, that is not demeaning for her because she is supporting Ichika.

I just hope though the Izuru emphasized that in the LN
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 22:38   Link #54693
demino_hellsin
That one guy

and there-in lays the problem. Ichika can exist without Chifuyu but Chifuyu cannot exist without Ichika. Your own post aptly describes the problem but romanticizes it.

Chifuyu becomes relegated and locked in as support for him and can never shine on her own.
Old 2014-09-19, 22:48   Link #54694
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:

"Will you become a monster, for the sake of the man you love?"
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 22:49   Link #54695
I'm-here-present

Being supporting to Ichika is a part of her character, that is nothing to be ashamed about.

It's better to be herself than be something that will make her someone who she is not.

But if you want to make her shine all on her own, I'm pretty sure you can do it yourself. Write a story about Chifuyu's past which is the same as I'm doing.
Old 2014-09-19, 22:56   Link #54696
Ignition Boost

Quote:
and there-in lays the problem. Ichika can exist without Chifuyu but Chifuyu cannot exist without Ichika. Your own post aptly describes the problem but romanticizes it.

Chifuyu becomes relegated and locked in as support for him and can never shine on her own.
Well I agree with what you said... but this don't mean you go and pair her with some nobody that is not even in IS canon.

If that happens... I don't call her Chifuyu anymore...
Old 2014-09-19, 23:02   Link #54697
I'm-here-present

Quote:
Well I agree with what you said... but this don't mean you go and pair her with some nobody that is not even in IS canon.

If that happens... I don't call her Chifuyu anymore...
Develop her character on her without giving her away like a free heroine to somebody is that what you are trying to say.

If it is then we are in agreement

I plan to put up a story that covers Chifuyu's younger days until she became the brunhilde, not related to TbT of course.
Old 2014-09-19, 23:08   Link #54698
Ignition Boost

Exactly.

This is even worse, most writers out there ruin Chifuyu's character by turning her into some bimbo interest with some random guy without any proper reason and completely ignoring Chifuyu true personality.

Irks me to no end
Old 2014-09-19, 23:14   Link #54699
I'm-here-present

That is their own choice to make, they are making a fanfic after all. Best you just ignore if it irks you, I know how much of a Chifuyu x Ichika fan you are

For Chifuyu own stand as a character, it won't be any problem to make a story dedicated to her alone.
My plan is to make her own, close to canon backstory. Since my first take on her is a part of the bloodthirsty Orimura family
Old 2014-09-19, 23:15   Link #54700
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@wave: you always know how to follow up on obscure tokusatsu references

It is true that infatuation and borderline incestuous interactions with Ichika is a defining character trait to Chifuyu. But many of her fans seem to treat it as the defining trait of her character.

It is true that many just give her away to some random character but that's not bad just because they infringe on her character as a woman with interest in Ichika. They ignore her other aspects as an outwardly strong and independent woman. They ignore that despite her crumbling emotional hold, she's stalwart and stubborn in sticking it out on her own. They ignore how she trusts very little in others while wnating to do everything on her own. Not just the aspect of her liking Ichika.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest