AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-11-17, 08:20   Link #55121
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I am highly annoyed by that protagonist chara design. I got trapped by it. >_>

What if ISA were a mobile fortress? Would there be a change in the story just from that?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 08:27   Link #55122
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I am highly annoyed by that protagonist chara design. I got trapped by it. >_>
Same here, I felt.... inadequate, for lack of better word
Quote:
What if ISA were a mobile fortress? Would there be a change in the story just from that?
By principle, not much. I.S.A. was considered separate nations to begin with.

That said military culture might be more enforced, else students will be driven mad without the free weekends.

Reference: Girls and Panzers
Old 2014-11-17, 09:15   Link #55123
demino_hellsin
That one guy

They will literally live on ISA only XD.

Is being hooked up to a simulated reality as a prison sentence considered inhumane?
Old 2014-11-17, 10:03   Link #55124
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Browning is a fine name. But I was thinking something that defines the American military series. C-series of frames?
I was thinking M-series, but that's cos I've called the IS jump infantry, used tank nomeclature for other countries' IS, and gave the earlier generation spaceframes a history of fighting among, thus therefore considered, ground units.

After some thinking:

The M-97 Browning Infinite Stratos spaceframe is the standard model of IS deployed with the United States and are essentially heavy customized Iron Maidens to improve on the earlier Project Testament prototype. As with most American designs, the M-97 is the most advanced IS in massproduction to date. And like most American designs, the full schematics is protected behind copious lock and key, mired in a tangle of copyright protection laws almost hypocritical of the Alaska Treaty signed by them. This ensures that Brownings are rare, and yet distinctive should they turn up on the battlefield.

While most units are distributed amongst the universities in the states, all are programmed to answer to SHIELD and can be quickly assembled into strike forces aboard the various helicarriers operated by the superpower.

The M97's name supposedly comes from the god of guns Browning who invented the M1911. However, given the history of the Iron Maiden series and the parent Testament series, it is likely that moniker refers to Mjr Rachet Browning. She gave her life in the Battle at Salt Lake along with the Iron Man of Industry, Mr Howard Stark, when she triggered the Testament's Self Destruct system to destroy a golem that had stolen several prototype New Testament units.

meanwhile somewhere in ISA...

*sneeze*

EDIT:

Vandam O is now powered by the power of

Spoiler for DANGER:

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2014-11-17 at 10:41.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 10:43   Link #55125
demino_hellsin
That one guy

M is for "model" right? I chose C for "chassis"

I'm just concerned about how you reached number 97 so fast
Old 2014-11-17, 10:45   Link #55126
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hmm... You know what? Forget it.

M9 Gernsback Browning and the XM9 Iron Maiden.
Old 2014-11-17, 10:50   Link #55127
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm... anyone ever tried to design an IS that enhances the core functions of an IS?
Old 2014-11-17, 18:29   Link #55128
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Define "core functions"

Seeing as they were made for space travel... I would argue my Athena is sorta into that.
Old 2014-11-17, 19:40   Link #55129
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Basically it builds on functions already in an IS core. Energy shields, physics screwing field(other than being weaponized in AIC), the stasis effect and life support pilots get while in the IS, innate electronic warfare capabilities?
Old 2014-11-17, 20:27   Link #55130
coco6561

For some reason I feel like making a cross over, and I'm not sure why but I'm thinking Dangan Ronpa. Despite the two series having almost nothing in common.
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 20:41   Link #55131
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The ISPER concept involves 2 way feedback between a human brain and an IS core, increase the performance synergistically of both.
Old 2014-11-17, 20:54   Link #55132
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm I was more thinking along the lines of shield rectifiers, maximized booster units. That kind of stuff.
Old 2014-11-17, 21:08   Link #55133
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I can see where you're coming from. but then again, I wouldn't know what to come up with. Enhanced everything but no extra equipment (e.g. Weapons)

Basically Infinite Stratos MKII, right?
Old 2014-11-17, 21:09   Link #55134
demino_hellsin
That one guy

More or less. All everyone's every come up with seems to be wacky ways to attack. Then again, I guess that makes sense with arena meta and all.
Old 2014-11-17, 21:17   Link #55135
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Another thing, there wasn't even a "basic" IS frame that we would know of. The first one was the ShiroKishi and even that it's already armed with weapons and flew around breaking and shooting shit.

If I had to take a guess, it'll be something along the lines of a futuristic space-suit, equipped with spec ops-class sensors, super thrusters, perpetual energy system, resilient barrier system, AI etc etc~

In other words... You just put the IS Core into this guy:
Old 2014-11-17, 21:24   Link #55136
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The Rafael Revive seemsbto be the closest thing we have to a standard basic IS. But there has to be something else. The generations just seem odd in a way too as added features take precedence to overall performance of the unit.
Old 2014-11-17, 21:48   Link #55137
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I was leaning more to this as a basic frame, that is the core, fundamental concept of being a highly-advanced space-suit:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And yeah, I do find it odd myself that they'd rather upgrade the added features such as weapons instead of the IS itself. Still, one could also attribute that to the fact that they have little/no understanding of how the Core even works.

Much unlike real-robots, as with the case with some powered armor fics, there are those who:

1) Went the IS route and slapped stronger weapons onto their units. (Weapons)
2) Went the AC route and installed better equipment that increases their core functions. (Generators, FCS etc)
3) Went the Gundam route and upgraded their core functions AND slapped stronger weapons.
Old 2014-11-17, 21:53   Link #55138
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Akatsubaki IS pretty much Mk.II I.S.

Wanted better defense? You can. Wanted better speed? Of course. Wanted more weapons out of thin air? Likewise. Not enough energy? Here we go.

Even discounting weapons Akatsubaki is a perfect space exploration machine, did you guys listen about Rosetta comet landing? Faulty or insufficient equipment will compromise mission by great margin.
Old 2014-11-17, 22:10   Link #55139
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

The comet landing is an excellent demonstration of the potential capability of old technology in the right hands. That thing was made more than a decade ago o.O

Valid point with the Akatsubaki, just take the weapons away and voila. Now that I think about it, we could do the same for just about any IS in existence. Akatsubaki just happened to be tuned to Houki, who leans to combat instead of exploring the stars.

They don't have any actual space-exploration-specific feature safe for those that has not been converted for combat purposes.

Not discounting your points, Zero. While you can have better shielding, speed, energy management and also weapons, it's all for naught when the person using it would rather swing a pair of swords that could rain lasers and project crescent beams into someone's face.
Old 2014-11-17, 22:15   Link #55140
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well when I imagined something like what I was describing it came out to be a unit like the anti-Silver Gospel. It also seemed oddly 4th gen to me.

Basically an IS that has shield rectifier fins doubling as wings You would find them on the waist, knees, fore arms and maybe the head. But mostly on the wings. There would be 2 modes: speed and maneuverability. With speed the rectifiers tuck in and basically an adiabatic tri-thruster set-up would all point in the same direction to shoot the IS forward at crazy speeds. Since the rectifiers are more or less pointing in the same direction a the body and some go the opposite, the shield surrounding the IS would be concentratedly reinforced just in the front and back where it just so happens to be the best angle of attack on it. In maneuverability mode, all the rectifiers fan out and two of the three thrusters point to either outward side of each shoulder to provide a strafe movement. Side-effect is the rectifiers also reinforce the shield all around now at a weaker efficiency instead of fortress level defense just up front and back.

The wierd thing with Akatsubaki is that it just shows the wings moving a certain way then suddenly it's switched modes. Those modes aren't even properly explained. The best we can come up with is speed mode and energy saver mode. And it has a built-in AGE builder. Which automatically makes me hate it.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest