AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-01-14, 09:04   Link #5501
GDB

Light is client side. It has absolutely zero affect on rolls, which are server side.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 09:40   Link #5502
Ryoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
http://fategrandorder.info/%E3%82%AC...%E3%83%A3.html

Last 4 rolls were duds, but I'm satisfied.
And I realized something. The glowing light actually doesn't always glow/pulsate at its brightest and there's no apparent fixed interval (not one I can find yet at least). And based on the feel I got from Arturia and Modred and the other rolls, by the time you see the light at its brightest, you might be already too late.
You can practice timing by rejecting the roll prompt.
Anyway, some form of anticipation is needed to do the roll at its brightest (which may not be its brightest if you anticipate wrongly; just stare at the light for a few minutes, and you will see what I mean).
This makes sense or everyone will be able to reproduce it easily. Again it benefits the people who are willing to pay and roll and fail enough but yet roll enough to get statistically significant positives.

Well, it's up to you to judge whether it's superstition or real. Unlike Great Success, I can't get enough results now. But from the results shown by others on various sites (enough of them to be noteworthy even if trolls are included ), I think there's some basis.
As to scientific basis, I won't be surprised if the coders or Souji wanted such a backdoor (or private easter egg) so they can get their golds more easily

I will be using this method from now on rather than the Great Success (which is really a very troublesome affair). Am now wondering whether I should test the 2am thing or continue with this

edit:
Current results for my own reference:
1. R CE: Clock Tower
2. R Servant: Kiyohime
3. R Servant: Diarmuid
4. SR Servant : Arturia Lancer
5. SSR Servant: Modred
6. R Servant: Jing Ke
7. SR CE: Kirei
8. R Servant: Cu Lancer
9. R CE: Dragon Pulse

edit 2:
can also search twitter using this "#fatego 光源教" or "fate grand order 光源教" on internet.

To test out your theory, I shelled out a bit of money just for you

Here are my rolls to add to your samples

Spoiler for Lighting Rolls:

As a disclaimer, I practiced a few times with the cancel button like you said... and then I realized that the timing was pretty much the same as what I'd been using to roll normally
Also, I timed it so I would press down a split second before the light became the brightest, so that when the screen actually fades to black, the light is brightest. Not sure if that's the reason why though...

Arigatou sensei
Ryoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 10:00   Link #5503
Exacro

All of you people's roll is making me feel a bit depressed, but congrats tho
Exacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 10:08   Link #5504
larethian

YOLO results compiled:
1. R CE: Clock Tower
2. R Servant: Kiyohime
3. R Servant: Diarmuid
4. SR Servant : Arturia Lancer
5. SSR Servant: Modred
6. R Servant: Jing Ke
7. SR CE: Kirei
8. R Servant: Cu Lancer
9. R CE: Dragon Pulse
10. R Servant: Caesar
11. R Caster: Holhenheim
12. R Rider: Alex
13. SR Servant: Liz Lancer (level 5 NP completed )
14. R Servant: Medusa
15. R CE: Devil Boar
16. SR Servant: Frankenstein
17. R Servant: Ushi
18. SR CE: Projection Magic
19. R Servant: Fergus
20. R Servant: Cu Lancer

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Expected (golds) = 4, Actual = 6
Expected (gold servants) = 0.8, Actual = 4
Expected (SR servants) = 0.6, Actual = 3
Expected (SSR servants) = 0.2, Actual = 1
Expected (CEs) = 11.2, Actual = 5
Expected (servants) = 8.8, Actual = 15

This is hard and of course the sample size is too small Inconclusive results. I'm not as confident as the Great Success method in getting me SR star CEs
And it's also really bad for your eyesight.

In the end I won't recommend the method at this point in time, though I'll keep on using this and document my results. But feel free to do your own research, and try it at your own risk and quartz .

However, if you want to get SR CEs, I do recommend trying the Great Success method and use the methodology I documented previously (I'm rather confident of that). But do prepare to roll a bit (10 rolls at least) to account for practice and misses. Though anyone will want to roll specifically for SR CEs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoshi View Post
To test out your theory, I shelled out a bit of money just for you

Here are my rolls to add to your samples

Spoiler for Lighting Rolls:

As a disclaimer, I practiced a few times with the cancel button like you said... and then I realized that the timing was pretty much the same as what I'd been using to roll normally
Also, I timed it so I would press down a split second before the light became the brightest, so that when the screen actually fades to black, the light is brightest. Not sure if that's the reason why though...

Arigatou sensei
Ryoshi, the method is not for 10-rolls, it's for YOLOs friend But whatever works for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Light is client side. It has absolutely zero affect on rolls, which are server side.
It's not the light, but what generates the light brightness that matters. If it's a function of time, whether directly or indirectly, then it won't matter whether it's client or server. The RNG on server can be seeded with low granularity (clipped) or cached timestamps and small network latency won't matter anymore and timestamps retrieved from clock functions are independent of timezones and 'Unix time' is the same for all (iOS is unix based and should use the same posix functions, not to mention android and most servers).
There can also be other explanations as like I mentioned before, I had seen the most obscure bugs even in standard C library implementations and at architectural ABI (Application Binary Interface) levels causing weird phenomena before. My past experience tells me that until you see and understand exactly how all the code work and gel together, don't assume you know how it works. But whatever. I'm not here to prove anything. Just sharing my results. I embarked on it because of significant number of people claiming it works, even if they form the minority, they are significant enough for me to not ignore.

Last edited by larethian; 2016-01-14 at 10:34.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 11:23   Link #5505
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

tl;dr Ryoshi and lare's EX Luck strikes again.

I'll just leave the latest chapter of the Gudako comic here, though this doesn't seem to apply to lare anymore seeing as his Jack went from lvl 3 to 90 in a single day .
Images
tl;dr, lucky people may have gotten rare Servants but leveling them is the start of the real hell. This comic really loves to break the 4th wall

Servant Wishlist:
Available: Jeanne, Arturia, Marie, Nero, Atalanta, Elizabeth, Tamamo, Euryale, Scathach, Mordred, Karna, Medb, Enkidu
Not Yet Released: Semiramis, Achilles
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 12:05   Link #5506
Ryoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
tl;dr Ryoshi and lare's EX Luck strikes again.

I'll just leave the latest chapter of the Gudako comic here, though this doesn't seem to apply to lare anymore seeing as his Jack went from lvl 3 to 90 in a single day .
Images
tl;dr, lucky people may have gotten rare Servants but leveling them is the start of the real hell. This comic really loves to break the 4th wall
Is it bad that I can really relate to that comic?

@ Lare, why wouldn't it work the same way for 10 rolls? I thought it was all a function of the light?
p.s. Just read your previous post. I'm probably contributing to your friend points
Old 2016-01-14, 12:17   Link #5507
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Leveling is asininely easy if you funnel everything into it for less than a week on natural regen. Hell, the Tamamo I got from the guaranteed gacha is sitting at 85 and I've only fed her Caster experience and maybe 2 levels worth of other cards. That's like, 5 days worth of experience? Super easy.

Leveling skills is what's hard.

Quote:
It's not the light, but what generates the light brightness that matters. If it's a function of time, whether directly or indirectly, then it won't matter whether it's client or server. The RNG on server can be seeded with low granularity (clipped) or cached timestamps and small network latency won't matter anymore and timestamps retrieved from clock functions are independent of timezones and 'Unix time' is the same for all (iOS is unix based and should use the same posix functions, not to mention android and most servers).
I'd say there's very small chance that your phone and the servers are time synced. Thus, even if it's time based, it won't affect the rolls the way you want.

Quote:
don't assume you know how it works. But whatever. I'm not here to prove anything. Just sharing my results. I embarked on it because of significant number of people claiming it works, even if they form the minority, they are significant enough for me to not ignore.
Don't misunderstand, I do appreciate the testing. That said, your results do kind of show you're hitting about the expected rate, as opposed to GS where you were obviously skewed a few standard deviations out from expectations.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 12:28   Link #5508
MartianMage

Leveling is indeed easy if you actually have the ascension mats ready on hand of course for people who have played longer they have the mats from events but for newer players... ascension hell!!!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 12:32   Link #5509
Ryoshi

Question, is 2am JST some sort of witching hour?
I just used various EXP cards on a bunch of my servants, and all of them had either great or super success with leveling. Every single one of them...

@ MartianMage: tell me about it... I'm 8 archer pieces and 3 lancer pieces off of Gil and Karna's respective second ascensions... I have to wait till next week to upgrade them any further
Old 2016-01-14, 15:32   Link #5510
NovelReader

RIP I used so many demon hearts for ascension. Good thing its caster day. Guess I'll use a few apples...
NovelReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 16:32   Link #5511
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Leveling is indeed easy if you actually have the ascension mats ready on hand of course for people who have played longer they have the mats from events but for newer players... ascension hell!!!
Haha this For some reason I always suffer for archer pieces.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 22:56   Link #5512

Did a 40 roll and saw a Gold Lancer Card, thought it was Lancer Alter but nope it was Liz.
5596050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 23:24   Link #5513
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoshi View Post
Is it bad that I can really relate to that comic?

@ Lare, why wouldn't it work the same way for 10 rolls? I thought it was all a function of the light?
p.s. Just read your previous post. I'm probably contributing to your friend points
Not saying it wont work for 10 rolls. Just that the instructions were for YOLOs

@belatkuro i actually have all thr mats for Jack so its just exp. Waver is screwed now because i have no gears. And theres no way i can do the same for Artutia lancer and Modred. Going to try to work on Fran first.

Last edited by larethian; 2016-01-15 at 01:33.
Old 2016-01-15, 00:16   Link #5514
NovelReader

Ugh....I am so screwed. I'm at 0/18 dragon tooths to ascend Aruturia lol. Guess she will be stuck at lvl 60 for a long while. Meanwhile, juicy exp allowed me to get Nero and Alteria to 80. D'eon time maybe now, but I need more plumes for 4th ascension or finish Jeanne....hmmmm.
Old 2016-01-15, 01:38   Link #5515
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovelReader View Post
Ugh....I am so screwed. I'm at 0/18 dragon tooths to ascend Aruturia lol. Guess she will be stuck at lvl 60 for a long while. Meanwhile, juicy exp allowed me to get Nero and Alteria to 80. D'eon time maybe now, but I need more plumes for 4th ascension or finish Jeanne....hmmmm.
I added you. Please accept
My IGN is either
ラレ
or
ラレ@月曜まで出張中
depending what time you are seeing it, since I'll be away for the weekend.

Do you have maxed kscope btw?
Old 2016-01-15, 02:02   Link #5516
NovelReader

Quote:
I added you. Please accept
My IGN is either
ラレ
or
ラレ@月曜まで出張中
depending what time you are seeing it, since I'll be away for the weekend.

Do you have maxed kscope btw?
My leader is Tamamo cat(NP5) with 100% kscope for farming xD
Old 2016-01-15, 02:06   Link #5517
larethian

^ cool cool. You should just finish her last 5 levels Leveling kscope and boosting her stats with Fou-kuns may help getting FPs since some people sort by ATK, but I guess you don't really care about FPs
Old 2016-01-15, 02:08   Link #5518
NovelReader

Quote:
^ cool cool. You should just finish her last 5 levels Leveling kscope and boosting her stats with Fou-kuns may help getting FPs since some people sort by ATK, but I guess you don't really care about FPs
Too many servants to fou kun up.... Aiming to up 5*'s for now. Looking at Kintoki, Casko, and soon Arturia. And I did finish her last few levels Working on D'eon since its Saber day. All this exp farming burned so many apples xD

Last edited by NovelReader; 2016-01-15 at 02:20.
Old 2016-01-15, 04:12   Link #5519
sakamoto

Lol....
Saber Wars....The Caliburn Awakens...

still no detail of the event though...will Saber Lily be the freebie?
Old 2016-01-15, 04:19   Link #5520
Cicili

It sounds like an April fools joke.

But its actually real.

So its not funny anymore......
Cicili is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon