AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-11-21, 21:50   Link #55181
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Not that kind of AI. More like a JARVIS-esque one.
Old 2014-11-22, 01:53   Link #55182
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

^ Iron Man, huh?
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 05:08   Link #55183
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
What if every personal IS develop it's own sentient AI computers, whose personalities are a complete opposite of their users?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED
Some stupid fuck will try to release that shackle and control them because why the fuck not, science bitches!

Last edited by wavehawk; 2014-11-22 at 06:43.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-23, 07:55   Link #55184
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Ichika reflected what had been happened to him for the last weeks.
Tabane-nee had spirited him to this island in the middle of nowhere – she and Kuu-chan (old habbit die hard, but he couldn’t stop to copy Tabane-nee) were so tight-lipped about the location. The reason, as plainly stated by the Doctor:
“Ik-kun, prepare to be blown away!”
…Actually, it wasn’t all that fun. Kuu-chan told him that they were in need of an assistance for [Byakushiki], one of their latest [IS]. That machine, Ichika could saw the familiarities to his sister’s [Kuzuhara]. However, compare to the latter, these large wings seemed a bit too much for him.
Anyway, he had been receiving crash courses about [IS] and [Byakushiki]. Structure, motors, computer systems, weapons,… His head, even now, were still spinning with all jargons. It made him questioned why couldn’t they picked up a more experience person instead of him. But again, they were all hermits, or even worse, fugitives. Every countries were after Tabane-nee for her mind, and a lot more whom she made grudge with.
His job here was to provide data for [Byakushiki]’s development – Tabane-nee explained that it was made for Houki, and since he and her was taught by the same master, he need to give as much as possible.
“How do you feel, Ik-kun? Can I start the simulation?”
“I’m fine. Please do it.” The whiteness around him broke up into cubicques, then reconstructed. A desert was made. However, he couldn’t even breath the sandy air – all was a simulation.
“READY… START!”
Ichika’s weapon of choice was a Tarasque, a machine pistole made by Dunois Coporation. Mechanism of Stechkin APS, slide of SIG-Sauer P226 and lower reciever of FN FNP, it was a Chimera true to its name.
But it wasn’t much compare to his enemies. [Byakushiki] identified them as [MBIS-01A3 Geoffrey], mainstream model of US Army. Beside the most advanced mechanism, [Byakushiki] was also regularly fed with the lastest info of private and military channel – That expained the unknown ‘A3’ in the model number. These 8 Geoffrey hadn’t been revealed to public yet.
These Desert Camouflaged were all equipped with M19 12mm Rifle, which could slow but surely siphon all of his shield point if he decided to charge in. And his pistol could not reach that far. So what could he do?
Ichika tried to recall his tutor on the Geoffrey models:
“The 2.5th generation [MBIS-01 Geoffrey] and its variants are make to suit the needs of all four divisions of US Army. The 01A is for the Army, and its main role is long-range support for infantry, or replaced tanks in vanguard roles.
Meister, I need your input. How should the Geoffrey be?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 05:29   Link #55185
demino_hellsin
That one guy

A third generation American IS frame called the Six Gun. Notable due to its odd choice of preset with six guns clearly visible.

An IS with its concept brought back to the days of gunslinging in the wild west. While most new frames were made with the concept of utilizing more sophisticated systems, the Six Gun was built celebrating the technological legacy of using pragmatic and robust engineering that has clear purpose in mind. That said, the Six Gun was built to be a front line marksman. Unlike the Blue Tears nor the Schwarzer Regen, the Six Gun does not pack a long range weapon in terms of a sniper rifle or cannon, instead it relies on a long range pistol. In fact, the reason why the unit carries six pistols is actually to fill in these varying roles.

First up is the AV5 select fire pistol. It is stored on the hip side skirts which extend out to put it in the IS' reach when deployed for use, handheld. Full designation being Assault Variant, chambered in .5 IS custom metal coated bullets with an auto fire rate reaching 760 rounds per minute with staggered 50 round magazines. This is designed for assault situations where you may need a large magazine with either an accurate semi-auto fire, damaging burst fire or a suppressive fire full-auto solution.

Second is the .86 Armistice. Ironically this is the gun with the greatest stopping power in the Six Gun's armament. Designed in the same way as the M1911 and Desert Eagle, this thing was built to send large chunks of metal down range and blow off parts of the enemy piece by piece. It has been known to make even Personal IS units flinch with a single shot impact. Also in metal coat rounds, this is stagger chambered for 16 shots per magazine. Not having a select fire, it only switches between safety and semi-auto. It is much larger than the AV5. The Armistice is the rear skirt armor compartment that can swivel about for ease of the draw.

SM 1.15 rounds out the weapons, nicknamed the 'Messenger'. Despite the large caliber listed on paper, this is not a true weapon. With a muzzle velocity lower than the Armistice, the Messenger is actually a Special Munitions weapon as listed in its designation of SM. Even among IS, it is special for only having 6 rounds to a reload due to the special chambering required to ensure payload survival. This can be anything from homing beacon tracer rounds to chemical darts to specialized decoy blanks and high explosive rounds. Though it is normally chambered with standard rounds and function as a marksman's gun with its high accuracy and precision.

However those weapons coming in pairs being the reason as to why the Six Gun got its name, it does not indicate that those are its only weapons.

The Six Gun also has an additional concealed 3 pairs of much smaller pistols, two knives and two short swords as part of the preset, all hidden underneath the armoring.

The first pair of concealed guns are the .38 Canines. A small repeater type pistol with a barrel extending past the trigger guard by half the trigger area length. Chambered in .38, it is far less effective but makes for a decent surprise attack weapon with its 20 round box mag. It is holstered under the wrists and launched out for immediate use. It gets its nickname from the way it is situationally used when you have your back against the wall.

Second pair is the SM .9 Flash handrifles. The reason for the name of Flash is because it is stored in the folds of the front skirts. Releasing them for use involves lifting up those folds and therefore "Flashing" the enemy. Though lengthy, they are still considered handguns and are more reminiscent of the pistols of black powder era of guns. Each one is a single shot with a break action mechanism. This design is to minimize the size of the gun and though its combat abilities suffer from this, it was only designed as a second option should the Messenger be rendered unusable. In short, this is also a special munitions weapon.

Last pair of guns are the Bulldogs, a pair of .6 snub-nosed revolvers with enough power per shot to put the AV5 and SM 1.15 to shame. It is especially made to shoot 6 shots that have comparable power to that of the Armistice, but that puts a strain on the chamber frame so there is a required cooldown for each chamber after they are emptied. It's stored on the calfs of the IS frame.

The lest few weapons are the blade. The first pair are combat knives hidden in the armor plates latched over the pilot's shoulders. When deployed, the armor flips open and extends out the knife handle for reach. Roughly, the knife blade is about a foot in length.

The Six Gun has a flight pack with folding stabilizer wings that act as armoring for the thrusters which cocoon when not in use. The short swords are in the longer bottom pair of stabilizer wings. These short swords are forged as double edged blades with a length of roughly 2.5 feet.

As an overall unit, this IS frame uses some questionable designs but gets the job done in a pinch. Much like the Japanese HotHand, the Six Gun also has a stablevertical base compared to other IS even without the PIC but it is not as stable as the aforementioned frame. In terms of aerial mobility, it is a fair flier exceeding units like the Schwarzer Regen and Shenlong. Though it can match the BT in its standard configuration, it is inferior to a standard Rafale. All weapons on the unit fall under preset and not equalizer because the designers wanted to focus on keeping the bus slots reserved for storage of specialized ammo and remote explosives/grenades. The gen 3 nature of this IS is odd in the way that the system was not utilized in the way of a built-in weapon, but rather the holsters. Each gun scabbard and blade scabbard is controlled by the pilot mentally to make the most efficient draw of the weapon. Even if it means trick draws like launching the guns at your opponent's face as a distraction before pulling it from mid-air.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 13:19   Link #55186
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Hmmm those fanny thrusters aren't restricted to the front are they? I actually prefer hp or skirt thrusters myself.
The pack itself provides adequate thrust in a hemispheric plane depending on how it is faced, as most designs have it able to be moved with the pilot's buttocks. Forward and hovering stability is then provided by the leg thrusters, which are large enough to deliver that force while being on the legs allow a LOT of movement.

The "wing zero buster rifle" pose would be how a pilot using fanny thrusters and leg vectors hover in place. And because it is so fluid, any minor shift in position can quickly result in a massive spatial translation. Kind of like a 3D maneuver gear. Except with jets.

Newbies will struggle with a purely manual FT vector package. Computers can easily grant some control to the pilot, trading some of its agility for better stability. However, as you can see most of the pilots that I do want to showcase, fly by manual control using their insane APM to capitalize on the FT vector systems' maneuverability.

Quote:
What if every personal IS develop it's own sentient AI computers, whose personalities are a complete opposite of their users?
It depends. I often hint that most IS are latently sentient, male, follow a loose nest hierarchy topped off by a Queen, come in all sorts of flavors of personality, and can even develop "tastes" of pilot. It makes more sense when you see my depiction of IS cores are effectively large colonies of metallic cells networked into a single being living off of their pilot's willpower, a psionic symbiote if you will.

Like an ISper perceiving thoughts in colors, an IS core can prefer certain thoughts. Like how the Vandam is a cheeky "little sister" character that prefers the slight bitter tang in Karon's positivity (that faint hint of dark), or how Tenmoku appreciates Riz's fiery passion. On the other hand, the conjoined twin essences that make up Akatsuki are apprehensive of Houki's anger, and the Shenlong is actually a surprising slacker that would coast along and "doesn't mind" how Lingyi tastes like, which works in her benefit seeing that she's so unstable.

But there are also exceptions. The Schwarzehase IS cause a slightly bristle effect on nearby IS not just because their power, but the fact that they are Ghosts of their own pilots, making them abominations even within the IS Network. Add to that that the Schwarz have a second brain piggy-backing on their neural net (Valkyria System) and you can imagine why Riz comments "Is this fear? No... Disgust?" when she encounters the retinue of spaceframes that Laura inserted into the ISA during her introductory arc in the story.

Long story short, synchronization rates and genetic resemblance to Chifuyu account for some of the differences in performance across the different Tabane cores. There are also many other unknown factors, but it technically can be argued that if you taste horrible because of the way you think, then your IS isn't going to do very well either.

(there's is also another implication here, as IS can and often do take after the pilots that have been through them if they have not been wiped between pilots. And then there's so much of an IS core that cannot be wiped. Even Ghosts can inhabit there.

...and perhaps, that there is no coincidence that Charlotte's Rafale Revive had a core previously used by the late Jeanne Dunois, her mother.)
Old 2014-11-25, 14:09   Link #55187
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Now you make them sound like Hollows... Or even Evas.
Old 2014-11-25, 20:44   Link #55188
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

I`m done with the prequel now(It`s written below)
Quote:

Chapter 1

"Destiny"

It`s been year that I leave my former clan. This exact date is kinda bad for myself since I`ll be entering High School in Japan. The thing is I recently arrived from England and returned to my homeland, Japan.

Speaking of my former clan, I can say they are full of determined players who aim to the top in Clan Global Ranking in World of Tanks and I`m the clan`s Field Commander and Diplomat. Those two jobs in this cyber life are such a tiring job because a Field Commander is the one who gives orders during clan wars, tournaments and tank companies and a Diplomat is responsible for negotiations.

Troublesome as what my friends call it in this damn position because of the usage of voice communications on. Apart from that, one must have to pay for those kinds of things and yes, the current clan I am in now has to do that.

Before I joined Silver Meteor Mercenaries [SMM], I was part of One Unity Brigadiers[OUB]. [OUB], the clan I belonged was among the Top 20 back then when I was its Field Commander two years ago. During those days, I earned a reputation for being a excellent tactician and some rival clans tried to recruit me in their clan which I respectfully decline their offers.

It was nice experience as the clan`s Field Commander during that time but everything changes in tournament

(Flashback One Year Ago – England)

Everything in my strategy went well, a couple more wins and we`re gonna head to Golden League. But before that, I can say this venue looks fairly well because of airconditoning here which I do not mind having one in my room. Those rival teams belonging to clan, whom we defeated, wished us luck for winning the tournament.

While I was talking to some players about which tank is good in my opinion, I heard loud foot steps right behind and when I turned around, I saw commander with a different expression plastered on his face. This guy is the replacement of the founder of our clan and I must say he reminded me of that Uchiha who I met in Japan three months ago.

Have I said something what we wore in tournament? If not, my bad. Like all others and to identify our team, each member wore black collar shirt that has the emblem of our clan in the upper left chest, a maong pants, and lastly any rubber shoes.

The emblem of our clan is a white shield that has two swords crossing each other. Over the shield has 1 in gothic style and blue. The reason why it has #1 on it because the clan has many extensions and divisions. In my case, I`m in [OUB-1] – The Main Strike Force. [OUB-1] do clan wars, tournaments, campaigns, team battles, and tank companies.

"I cannot believe you are that young, 13 years old, Field Commander but still I do not like taking orders from you! I cannot believe you played WOT since damn beta and you got that Type 59 and other rare tanks. I demand you to tell me! " He stated arrogantly, making others silent and stared at us.

What`s with his demanding attitude? Just because I`m a beta tester does not he has to demand me. If he were gonna ask how I get those rare tanks, commander has to do it in respectful way. Hmph, I really have enough seeing those a lot before and he did it again. I am sure others will leave the clan because of him. Maybe not.

"That`s the last straw. I hope you will forgive me BlackDragon because your replacement insulted me in a way." I stared at the floor, with my hair covering my eyes in black completley. If others can feel my Killing Intent, they`ll gonna stay away from me.

I nearly let out a sweat drop when I saw one player ran away in fear after sensing it. Am I that scary? Well yes, if you mess with my Ramen!

If you ask how do I have that? Everything will be told soon because I have those memories. If I say memories, you`ll gonna learn why I`m that good in commanding and good in kendo as if there`s war.

"How could he say such things to me after everything I done for this clan...I know"

I pretended that I was stunned and felt about to cry at that remark. I hope this will work.

I turned my head sideways to hide the 'pained' look. When others saw that, the team glared at him disgusted because of that attitude.

"I cannot believe you will say such thing to him, Triangulus. He is still a child and you have guts to say that." One team mate angrily said, glaring at the commander identified as Triangulus.

"It`s okay ..commander is just jealous and do not worry." I heard a whisper behind probably belonging to a team mate trying to comfort me.

"You have potential there, Daisuke. Once you`ve taken a grasp of it, everything will in your range. " A image of my grandfather, an ace tanker in WW2, appeared in my head. Those words he said made me cheer up a bit when I was probably around five.

Thank you grandfather for making me like this. I should believe in my potential more and can`t make it wasted.

Filled with newfound courage, I spoke in English as if I have no trouble in it : "It`s okay, guys. This will be my last tournament now and before you can something Angulus. I have to go back to Japan and thank you for playing with me. I will leave [OUB] respectfully. I recently heard there`s SEA server. "

Ah, English. That language is one of four languages I learned because my parents hired tutors and as a result, you can say I`m a knowledgeable guy. Last time before I go this venue, I heard my father saying something about me. Whatever that is, I have a strange feeling.

When I said that, they remained silent and after the situation calmed down, we went to the waiting lounge where we will be watching the match up through LCD TV. Those size of TV reminded me of the ones in I have in home.

Oh right, the next match is starting now. Let`s see, the map will be Fiery Salient.

Fiery Salient, the most hated map everytime I play slowHeavy Tanks that has no gun depression because I always go to the hill. In my point of view, I believe Light Tanks and Medium Tanks are effective on that same map.

Speaking of the match up, I can say they are interesting because of both of them came from one of Top 20 and I wonder how wait – WHAT?

"What`s with that team`s set up!? Without mobility, they cannot outrun our autoloaders. " I thought when I saw the tanks of the other team using going to the hill.

I cannot believe they will go for full IS-3 heavy tanks and how did they just make it in semi finals? Why would they do that? They won`t have advantage in using hulldown because of the typical bad gun depression unless we are playing a Tier 10 tank company where I will place an IS-7 in that position.

"How unfortunate." I heard one of my team mates said with sympathy. Looking carefully in that team`s set up, I nodded my head in understanding.

"A major mistake for them since the map is Fiery Salient. Their formation will only work in city maps. Too bad for them." I concluded as I watched one last remaining IS-3 belonging to the same team detonated making the other win as it was shown in LCD TV.

"Winner Muklah`s Army." A commentator tried to say it with excitement but man he needs to practice more. If I were them, I probably would replace them with one of good commentator well known in Youtube and yes I platooned up with that mentioned player before.

"A team of a clan from SEA huh. " I thought interested as I watched the members of said team highfiving .

(Flashback End)

Working as Intended. That`s what one of the big bosses in World of Tanks said in his quote. I really find it a bit funny because of some jokes surround him. Those new tanks that were put into this game existed in blue prints only and some were basically the same tanks such as T95 Tank Destroyer is actually T28 Super Heavy Tank. History is really something because of different scenarios in those things.

The so called Panzer Mk 6. or Tiger was created thanks to him. According to him, bigger guns is better. He was a corporal in WW1 when he saw the first tank and power of anti aircraft gun. After becoming the leader of his nation during WW2, that`s where it begun.

"I think I have enough now." I closed the book after noticing a convoy parked outside my house.

Thankfully, I got my things packed now because I will be going somewhere else. Knowing my father, he`ll do something like that because of that. That`s right, he`ll be putting me in academy. Not just ordinary academy.

Right now the technology has evolved to something else with the added bonus of changes in society when I was eight. What it only make me scared about the introduction of that invention made by her was it can cause disorder because it`s really a weapon not a damn sports. My worst fear came true when my childhood friend got kidnapped by some unkown group that time and fortunately he got rescued.

If there is something I can do, I probably would continue training my swordsmanship since it`s been a day. Training my swordsmanship makes my form nearly perfect as I would say it.

"I have a weird feeling about this..I wonder " I thought when I got inside the car after the luggage are put into trunk

Hehe, what a nice comfy back set in this vehicle. I cannot believe it costed how many yen to buy this one.

"I will abide our promise. I will come back." I closed my eyes thinking about myself making a promise to a childhood friend located in France. Speaking of her, I wonder how she is now.

"Onii-chan!" A voice called out, disturbing my musings.

Knowing who it was beside me, I let out a smile which my cute eight year old sister returned. Why

What a nice day indeed and I can`t wait for it. If only I can see her this time, I probably would have different things

Wait, what am I saying? Only Keima would say such things to his damn good games if he got disturbed during his conquests in eroges. I know him for having that but I still question how he gets those girls easily in this life.

Oh well, I look forward in it and might enjoy about it.

Just today, this will be the formation of the new E-SPORTS Team Akatsuki/Red Dawn which will be ran by my uncle`s company, Red Whirlpool Corporation. The E-sports Team is part of [SMM] and the clan itself is managed by them too since the company is known for manufacturing gaming items(laptop, computer, cpu, headset, voice communication software

That`s far as I know but I heard there will be production of that invention soon. I really do not want that to be wrongfully used but if by chance I have an ability to use it, so be it then.
I`m working on the sequel of this : An IS anime multi crossover fic. I tried out writing First Person POV.
Old 2014-11-25, 22:29   Link #55189
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@meister: So basically... that was chosen because it really emphasizes their butts? Sensitive control boosters are nice. But to the point of being uncontrollable is kind of... eh.
Old 2014-11-26, 01:12   Link #55190
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@meister: So basically... that was chosen because it really emphasizes their butts? Sensitive control boosters are nice. But to the point of being uncontrollable is kind of... eh.
Agility can be tuned down, and since computers can replace pilot control for stability, fanny thrusters can be used by various skill levels.

But it also comes down to preference, and sometimes combat doctrine.

Wings were the first upgrade to the standard thruster pack early G1 IS came with, and have been around for a LONG time, so most pilots are familiar with using one. Neurologically, wings also use the same anatomical nerve areas as arms and fingers, and so pilots often find learning to fly using wings easier. You see this in the ISA when newbies fly with the hands and arms locked in the same position as their wings, and when they shoot you see that they stop, park (transfer control to computer) then shoulder their weapons. They get rid of that habit by the end of the first term once they learn to separate arm and wing commands, and later, learn to multitask.

(Trivia: Prevocational IS training can take place outside of the ISA, and it focuses on the really really basics of IS flight, such as learning to use an extra set of limbs, physical fitness, mental discipline, etc, in order to prepare the pilot for flight. Most ISA enrollees from other countries have completed such diplomas before they enter the school due to competition, whereas Japanese girls are slightly less likely to have done so due to easier entry. However, this is becoming increasingly common as Japanese cram schools add prevocational IS training to their curriculums.)

Straddle-jets are akin to riding a flying bicycle, and so for walking, this IS design is best. The design also includes optimal placements of physical and forcefield emitters increasing structural integrity above and beyond what the other 2 variations of package are capable of. This grants excellent protection and a stable fire platform, which is why Schwarzehase with Terminator Honors adore it as the Model T-800 equalizer remodels the Schwarz into a veritable tank capable of wading into concentrated fire while shooting back. Straddle-jets are also associated with the Biker Girl image popularized by SHOOTiNG ST@R idol Keiko, who is the ambassador for Kawasaki's line of transformable bike IS. While not at all slow, straddle-jets are by design the least speedy of the 3, as the crown belongs to wings. They are in the middle in terms of agility, with fanny packs at the top for melee agility, sharing the similar maneuverability as fanny packs in flight, and better than wings at both.

However, the baseline speed, agility and stability of all 3 types are way above any other type of combat unit.
Old 2014-11-26, 02:32   Link #55191
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm I know its fanon but the only IS that uses a phantom limb are gen 3 and 4. The gen 2 arachne is technically still Gen 2 since its phantom limbs were extra arms... but I never read/watched that far so whatevs.

I really need a picture of what that fanny thruster looks like to acknolwedge its effectiveness

My case of using wings is that the wings are completely computer operated. Much like when Cecilia taught Ichika to accelerate by leaning forward, I think the concept is that for flight, the computer uses body language as a signal on how flight is controlled. In some ways it's just complimenting th balance of the pilot.

One glaring problem I have with fanny thruster is that it lacks rear thrust. Not that it should be debilitating but that means the position for forward flight is superman only. You can't fly forward while maintaining a vertical base with respect to the horizontal axis provided by the Earth.
Old 2014-11-26, 03:00   Link #55192
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Hmmm I know its fanon but the only IS that uses a phantom limb are gen 3 and 4. The gen 2 arachne is technically still Gen 2 since its phantom limbs were extra arms... but I never read/watched that far so whatevs.

I really need a picture of what that fanny thruster looks like to acknolwedge its effectiveness

My case of using wings is that the wings are completely computer operated. Much like when Cecilia taught Ichika to accelerate by leaning forward, I think the concept is that for flight, the computer uses body language as a signal on how flight is controlled. In some ways it's just complimenting th balance of the pilot.

One glaring problem I have with fanny thruster is that it lacks rear thrust. Not that it should be debilitating but that means the position for forward flight is superman only. You can't fly forward while maintaining a vertical base with respect to the horizontal axis provided by the Earth.
Wings aren't phantom limbs per se but are still additional limbs to be controlled. Much like how all the vectors on an IS technically count as extra limbs when the body is concerned, and firing each one technically requires thought until the pilot learns how to do it automatically.

Phantom Limb itself is a different technology, just built on the existing method for controlling the spaceframes different shields, fields and appendages.

======

We agree on this point. Computer controls will require either direct thought input (middling control, used by senior students & most pilots) or reading based on changes in pilot posture (VERY crude, used by newbies). BEST control is still manual, but it then scales tremendously with pilot skill, with novices performing comically, to most seasoned pilot balancing somewhat awkwardly, and the ISPER just floating along effortlessly.

======

My theory for humanoid armor thruster arrangement involves 3 zones, shoulders, skirt, and legs, in 2 maneuvering packages and 1 main booster package. By arranging the layout into Wings, FT and Straddle-jet, one changes how the IS moves at the baseline (because tack enough upgrades any of the 3 types can perform at a different setting, just less efficiently and that with the same amount of upgrades the different placement will have the advantage.)

Example of fanny thrusters, this is the prototype idea:

For Gin's version of Tears has downsized MAT wings mounted near her bum. The wings change with upgrades, becoming HK gun bits and finally remote combat drones. In exchange, what we'd call maneuvering skirt thrusters are then mounted on the shoulder blades where the wings would attach instead, creating a more balanced placement.

The FT package DOES lack rear thrust, which is why it has less straight line speed of Wing packages. But the caveat is that while it has less rear thrust than Wings, but it is still as fast as most conventional aircraft and certainly faster than anything on the ground.

(speaking of which, I stole a lot of weapons from Dynames for Gin's Penelope... like the torpedo gun. Which Gin once used to quickly deliver mayonaise from the mainland when Class 1-2 found that their stock had rotted during the School Festival arc. And also blast subversible golems attacking Sydney Harbor.)
Old 2014-11-26, 03:16   Link #55193
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Then what mission parameters would it fulfill? Certainly not blitzkriegs nor combat pursuit. Air support and the likely gladiatorial combat is all I can think of but other than a rear thrust, there would be no pros for fanny thrusters. Granted backstep boosts are more or less a dream tool for engagements where zoning is paramount.

My ideal booster placement is mostly dependent on parametera but as of now my favorite booster array is from Exia Amazing and its GN booster.

Also, that picture indicates a rear booster set up. When you said fanny, my assumption was for the thruster to be in front.
Old 2014-11-26, 04:29   Link #55194
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Em... Okay... Let's just call the backfacing butt rockets Fanny Thrusters, chalk it up to ENGRISH, and leave it at that.

Yes its placed to the rear, and the 3 variants describe 3 thruster placement ideologies when design IS thruster packages... at least in the Meisterverse.

I don't think I have forward facing thruster packages beyond Cross Vector Wing systems (which is rather a 360-degree thruster system) and the E-Dodge equalizer found on some Schwarz Terminator straddle-jets. Which really are just extra thruster packages for pilots who want a bit more melee agility. All 3 variants usually have enough forward maneuvering jets to melee in a vacuum, barring strange design exceptions or some Full Armor packages.
Old 2014-11-26, 04:30   Link #55195
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

What the heck is butt rocket? Is it literally came from arse where the rocket pods are ?
Old 2014-11-26, 04:36   Link #55196
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
What the heck is butt rocket? Is it literally came from arse where the rocket pods are ?
This is the entire debate about fanny thrusters as a whole. LOL
Old 2014-11-26, 04:44   Link #55197
demino_hellsin
That one guy

An idea of a male OC outright replacing Ichika sounds really interesting to me right now. Mostly because of the ripples I can foresee. One of them is China sending in 2 representative cadets instead of one.

Because Rin not wanting to go to ISA because Ichika isn't there, the Chinese government has no choice but to scrap the Shenlong and go ahead with testing the V2 directly while starting plans for the 3rd incarnation of the Shenlong. They aren't even shy about telling Rin that she's about to be terminated from her service as well as the Shenlong getting temporarily mothballed due to her reluctance to go to ISA. In the end she actually says she'll go because she doesn't want to go back to a broken home. But the new China model IS was already enrolled so in the end 2 Chinese transfer instead of 1.
Old 2014-11-26, 06:31   Link #55198
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

This would be sweet.

Firstly, no bullshit.

Secondly, none of the girls ever rise to prominence. Charles and Laura never xfer.

And Idols take over the school. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA---

*headsmashed*
Old 2014-11-26, 07:01   Link #55199
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Another idea comes to mind that Cecilia as his first opponent would be the mainstay, however the stakes are higher. If the OC wins, then Cecilia has to publicly apologize for looking down on everyone of her classmates and batchmates just because she's a representative cadet. If the OC loses, Cecilia does not only become the class rep but the OC becomes her man-servant for the month. (or should it be longer?)

Cecilia can't really change, she was a stranger to begin with. Laura would mostly see the OC as a rival, because he's the only one that comes close to her dedication and perspective of treating the IS as a military machine. Not as a superweapon nor just a commodity or sports equipment. they both have similar views of IS as a weapon so they have no illusions on what combat should be. It's both honorable and down and dirty. So there is some level of respect as well as distaste for each other's behaviour. Laura dislikes the OC because his thinking is still too civilian for her tastes, the OC views Laura as too extreme in her outlook.
Old 2014-11-26, 07:29   Link #55200
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Does Charlotte's path change? Because the way I see it, it's up to the OC to either turn her in or keep her the way Ichika did.

Sidetracking abit, take a look at this part of the summary for one of Athena's later chapters:

Quote:
Ryan personally discusses with Gerald about Inami’s actions - while the Athena carries the spark of space-exploration, the Odysseus carries the embodiment of weaponry. Ryan also warns him that this incident will give rise to the development of IS equipped with orbital weapons. Gerald then tells him the purpose of Athena is to serve as the first step for humanity to use the IS to explore other worlds. If it comes to the point that humanity would wage war even in space, then it is their own undoing for being unable to wield such powerful weapons in the first place.
What do you guys think? And I'd also require someone to look through the first arc summaries and see if there's faults/continuity issues I may have missed.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest