AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-12-21, 10:38   Link #5541
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Giving her position away? Does that even matter when Ravel could just have Ise demolish the battlefield like she did against Barakiel or Sona. If anything, taking the initiative here would be the smarter move over hiding. At least she's guarded and can move more easily than in hiding. After all, Ise can't afford to demolish the battlefield when his teammates are still there. The most dangerous place can also be the safest place depending on the situation.

And is her servants all idiots who wouldn't know when to help Crom out if required. And is Crom an idiot that would protect his desire to fight solo over defend his King Rias when Rias losing = him not able to fight Ddraig. Besides, you say Crom got held up by Asia? That works the same for Rias as well. Ise's team already outnumber Rias' team and Ise even got a familiar in Fafnir helping him. If you're going to say Crom held up by Asia, you can also say Crom held up Asia & Fafnir so that the number advantage Ise had didn't add up.
Why would Issei waste energy to nuked the field? That would be pointless. The reason Issei nuked the field in the Baraqiel and Sona matches is because of the type of game they played. Against Baraqiel it was Object Break so nuking the field made sense because the objective is to destroy the most objects. Against Sona, Issei nuked the field to give his team the advantage over the terrain. Against Rias team blindly nuking the field would be a waste of energy. Rias gave away her location so now they knew how move around.

You should know that Crom hates it when people get involved in his fights. Evil Dragons hate it when outsides are involved in there fight. Azi Dahaka and Crom both expresses this in Volume 18 and 21. Why do you think Rias always let Crom fight alone when he wants to battle. If any tried to help to Crom then he would hate it.

The difference between Asia and Crom is Crom is Rias strongest fighter which made him the biggest threat. Who did Rias have to occupy Issei? Kiba and it didn't even last long.

"We don't know when Issei went into DxD"

We know the only fights he had was against Kiba and then Rias. Issei didn't face Kiba until late in the game so it would be pointless to stay in his DxD if he's not fighting when he has a time limit.

Last edited by syzorst; 2018-12-21 at 10:51.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-21, 10:56   Link #5542
Blazor 98

Huh? Looks like my point was made.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-21, 22:07   Link #5543
B214

I'm too lazy to counter back to you two. When Ise loses you come up with excuses to degrade the opponents. When he wins you belittle his opponent. I don't even know why we need to further discuss this anymore.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 02:01   Link #5544
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
I'm too lazy to counter back to you two. When Ise loses you come up with excuses to degrade the opponents. When he wins you belittle his opponent. I don't even know why we need to further discuss this anymore.
Huh? Issei has already lost a match in the tournament and that was against Dulio which is understandable. In fact I don't expect Issei to win this tournament. I think he will lose in the top 4 against Indra. If he loses to Diehauser than I can accept that since It's Diehuaser. I'm not trying to belittle Rias but just saying she made mistakes. You say Rias did better than Issei but you only keep bringing up her opening surprise attack. What else has she done? Everything went exactly as Issei and Ravel planned it. Keeping Crom and Strada occupied so Issei can focus on Rias. There wasn't a single time where Issei was cornered or on the verge of losing.

For example, against Baraqiel's team, Issei's team was on the verge of losing since Baraqiel team were only 1 object away from winning the match. Against Typhon's team Issei was cornered by Vidar, Apollon and Typhon and would've lost if Ddraig wasn't resurrected, which was something no one could've predicted. Issei needed a miracle to win that match.

But against Rias, it was a smooth game. Yes, more people on his team were retired than previous matches but his team overall performance was better than past games since there were never any set backs and Issei wasn't cormered.
Old 2018-12-22, 05:01   Link #5545
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Huh? Issei has already lost a match in the tournament and that was against Dulio which is understandable. In fact I don't expect Issei to win this tournament. I think he will lose in the top 4 against Indra. If he loses to Diehauser than I can accept that since It's Diehuaser. I'm not trying to belittle Rias but just saying she made mistakes. You say Rias did better than Issei but you only keep bringing up her opening surprise attack. What else has she done? Everything went exactly as Issei and Ravel planned it. Keeping Crom and Strada occupied so Issei can focus on Rias. There wasn't a single time where Issei was cornered or on the verge of losing.

For example, against Baraqiel's team, Issei's team was on the verge of losing since Baraqiel team were only 1 object away from winning the match. Against Typhon's team Issei was cornered by Vidar, Apollon and Typhon and would've lost if Ddraig wasn't resurrected, which was something no one could've predicted. Issei needed a miracle to win that match.

But against Rias, it was a smooth game. Yes, more people on his team were retired than previous matches but his team overall performance was better than past games since there were never any set backs and Issei wasn't cormered.
You keep saying everything went as Ravel planned but can you confirm that's 100% accurate? You act like Issei and his team Didn't make any mistakes or anything.

Was Roygun being taken out so early in Ravel's plan. Was Grayfia, the strongest member of the team besides Rias being defeated so quickly part of Ravel's plan? You can say that it worked to bring Rias' stamina down but she Didn't lose by running.out of stamina if you didn't realize.

Just because Issei won doesn't mean everything went exactly to Ravel's plan.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 05:59   Link #5546
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
You keep saying everything went as Ravel planned but can you confirm that's 100% accurate? You act like Issei and his team Didn't make any mistakes or anything.

Was Roygun being taken out so early in Ravel's plan. Was Grayfia, the strongest member of the team besides Rias being defeated so quickly part of Ravel's plan? You can say that it worked to bring Rias' stamina down but she Didn't lose by running.out of stamina if you didn't realize.

Just because Issei won doesn't mean everything went exactly to Ravel's plan.
Ravel's strategy was to keep Strada and Crom occupied so that Issei can focus on Rias. That's exactly what happened. Ravel wasn't concerned about the rest because the most important factor was Issei doesn't fight Rias top 2 fighters. Now yes, Bova and Roygun were taking out early but this didn't change anything. Ravel and Issei used their superior numbers to keep the troublesome people out the way so Issei can deal with Rias. This was explained during their team meeting.

Rias on the other hand didn't have much of a strategy. After her opening surprise attack she had to think of another strategy and when she saw the church trio coming and thought Issei was retaliating she basically told everyone to leave the base and do their own thing. She didn't come up with any plans to try to trap Issei or corner him.

Asia volunteered to be bait to keep Crom occupied and told Xenovia and Irina to go ahead. They went ahead to deal with Strada while the rest of Issei's team fight the rest of Rias team. By the endgame it was just Rias, Gasper and Kiba against Issei and Grayfia. Grayfia deals with Rias and make her use as much stamina as possible in Balor form while Issei fights Kiba. This way Issei can take Kiba and Rias out 1 by 1 instead of taking on both them together. Crom shows up and Issei let's Ddraig deal with him while Issei finishes Rias. So yes, everything went according to plan. There wasn't a single time where Issei was cornered or on the verge of losing.
Old 2018-12-22, 08:13   Link #5547
B214

@syzorst, have you read the story or are you just speculating base on spoilers? In the end all we're doing now is merely speculating from spoilers not from reading the story. We can't say who has a strategy and who doesn't yet.
Old 2018-12-22, 08:29   Link #5548
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
@syzorst, have you read the story or are you just speculating base on spoilers? In the end all we're doing now is merely speculating from spoilers not from reading the story. We can't say who has a strategy and who doesn't yet.
The thing is Rias tactics have always been like this. She relies too much on her team's power.

Sona dominated Rias in tactics in Volume 5 but Rias still won the game because her peerage was stronger. In volume 23 she just had her team sweep that Ultimate Class devil team by overpowering them. Against Vali's team, she just let her teammates fight whoever they wanted. And from the spoilers there is no difference. The only tactic she's using is trying to overpower Issei's team. Remember, Sona stated that Rias tactics are naive and she just uses her team raw power.
Old 2018-12-22, 22:27   Link #5549
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Rias do have tactic, but her tactic is too simple-minded, she just let stronger one vs weaker one
Old 2018-12-23, 00:17   Link #5550
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Are Lucidrago and B214 the same person? They seem to think the same on most topics. They even say the same thing most the time.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 00:51   Link #5551
schedmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu8128 View Post
Are Lucidrago and B214 the same person? They seem to think the same on most topics. They even say the same thing most the time.
You wish it was, but I think not. Speaking of Lucidrago and B214, if they were the same person, I think we have a Jekyll and Hyde on our hands...

We need a Jekyll and Hide character in this series because most villains in the series fail miserably.
schedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 00:57   Link #5552
Hakai

Quote:

Nah I've seen B214 strongly disagreeing with Lucidrago several times for his headcanons so probably not.

But then again, who knows
Old 2018-12-23, 03:28   Link #5553
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakai View Post

Nah I've seen B214 strongly disagreeing with Lucidrago several times for his headcanons so probably not.

Headcanons? Which ones? You mean me saying that Issei would be facing Ruval? Because that was seriously wrong on my part and somewhere, I mistaked the prediction of that match happening as fact.

Or the probable plots I cone up with for fun? You can find them littered around here.

In my view, Rias, Akeno, Koneko, Kiba, Gasper, Xenovia, Rossweisse, Lint, Ouryuu, Saji, Nero, Milana, Irina, Regulus, Bikou, Kuroka, Arthur, and Le Fay are already on the level of Ultimate-class devils.

Sona, Tsubaki, Bennia, Loup Garou, Kuisha, Bova, Sha Wujing, and Zhu Bajie are probably at that level. Just not enough info in my view to confirm.

Valerie and Asia aren't combatants. But their abilities are on par with those of Ultimate-class devils or even stronger due to Asia's hacked Balance Breaker and Valerie having a Longinus.

I'm just judging how strong the youth and members of DxD are at this point.
Old 2018-12-23, 03:32   Link #5554
Hakai

^God of Bible stronger than Shiva
Old 2018-12-23, 03:32   Link #5555
B214

Quote:
Quote:

Why would you even think we're the same individual.

For starters the only reason why i'm even in this debate is because i dislike how some of the users here are treating the losing side like useless trash. They haven't even read the story and already decide that Rias' side didn't have any strategy or Ravel's strategy work to perfection bla bla bla. A completely one sided bashing to Rias and her team for losing.
Old 2018-12-23, 03:35   Link #5556
Hakai

Quote:
Why would you even think we're the same individual.
I don't, the last line was a joke.

But the question did make me lol hard
Old 2018-12-23, 03:47   Link #5557
Lucidrago

Quote:
^God of Bible stronger than Shiva
I'll give you that one.

@B214 Most DxD fans are like this:

[Team uses tactics against Issei's team and Issei's team loses]

Fans: "Cheaters! They used dirty tactics! If Issei faced them head-on or if they didn't use such-and-such, no way he would have lost!"

[Issei's team uses tactics against opposing team and Issei wins]

Fans: "Issei is so smart for using those tactics. The opposing team sucks!"

Kind of overexaggerated a bit, but that's how a lot of the DxD fans react if Issei wins or loses.

But B214 was right. We shouldn't be judging it so soon considering we only have translated bits and pieces from the volume and don't really have a full picture.
Old 2018-12-23, 03:54   Link #5558
Hakai

Quote:
I'll give you that one.

Fans: "Cheaters! They used dirty tactics! If Issei faced them head-on or if they didn't use such-and-such, no way he would have lost!"
Eh not really, I didn't see many people complaining or making excuses for his defeat vs Dulio or the early struggles against weaker teams.
Old 2018-12-23, 05:56   Link #5559
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
I'll give you that one.

[Issei's team uses tactics against opposing team and Issei wins]

Fans: "Issei is so smart for using those tactics. The opposing team sucks!"

Kind of overexaggerated a bit, but that's how a lot of the DxD fans react if Issei wins or loses.

But B214 was right. We shouldn't be judging it so soon considering we only have translated bits and pieces from the volume and don't really have a full picture.
What are you talking about? Many fans actually praised Rudiger of how incredible his tactics was against Issei's team.
Old 2018-12-23, 05:58   Link #5560
Rayzer

Since Rias team lost to both of the Heavenly Dragon, which one do you think her team performed best against?
Rayzer is offline   Reply With Quote