AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-02-07, 08:03   Link #5561
n0m@n
C-Z

There will be two weeks with no Super so we would have less episodes.

Ep 127 (Air on 11th Feb)
Ep 128 (Air on 18th Feb)

<No ep on 25th Feb>
Ep 129 (Air on 4th Mar)
<No ep on 11th Mar>

There will be episodes on 18th and 25th (Final airing).
Source: https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/961179179453566977

Looks like there will be no Vegito according to the subtitle (thank god). And Vegeta most likely getting eliminated in ep 128 if we look at the subtitle.

Last edited by n0m@n; 2018-02-07 at 08:24.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 08:13   Link #5562
SilverGlavenus

Goku watching intently as Vegeta fights Jiren huh ?? He will probably do as Vegeta did and perhaps discover how to counter Jiren's eyes.

But still, our bad boi Frieza is still nowhere to be found in the description.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 08:50   Link #5563
ruel22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
Goku watching intently as Vegeta fights Jiren huh ?? He will probably do as Vegeta did and perhaps discover how to counter Jiren's eyes.

I still dont trust Frieza, all this disappearance act must meant something and its not probably good..
Old 2018-02-07, 09:01   Link #5564
n0m@n
C-Z

Maybe Freeza will be playing dead till the very last moment and let others take out or damage Jiren.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 09:02   Link #5565
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post

Frieza's contribution to the final battle:
Quote:
Frieza: Jiren! How dare you insult me, the great space em-*got brutally punched by Jiren*
Jiren: Seriously, what is this? *throwing Frieza away and Goku throw rocks on Frieza to push him away from getting ring out*
*Few seconds later*
Frieza: Damn you Jiren...how dare you do this to me, the great space em-*got brutally kicked by Jiren*
Jiren: Seriously, have we been here before? Have we?*throwing Frieza away and Goku throw rocks on Frieza to push him away from getting ring out*
*Rinse and Repeat*
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 11:07   Link #5566
The Green One

*deep sigh*

So we go the predictable route. Vegeta loses and likely gets taken out so it's all up to Goku who has to master a new Legendary form even the Gods can't do easily in less than an hour after learning it so only he can save us all.

How....bloody......BORING!

We've done this song and dance literally a dozen times by now. Would it kill the writers to come up with something different once in awhile? Hell or at least do something the series has only done a few times!
Old 2018-02-07, 11:16   Link #5567
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
*deep sigh*

So we go the predictable route. Vegeta loses and likely gets taken out so it's all up to Goku who has to master a new Legendary form even the Gods can't do easily in less than an hour after learning it so only he can save us all.

We've done this song and dance literally a dozen times by now. Would it kill the writers to come up with something different once in awhile? Hell or at least do something the series has only done a few times!
You do realize the last time that happened was with Freiza on Namek, right?

Cell lost to Gohan, Buu got blasted by the combined power of everyone on Earth, Beerus won his fight with Goku, Frieza cheated his way out twice, Goku didn't win the original tournament, Black and Zamasu needed freaking Zen to take them out, and so on.

Goku hasn't actually taken down a significant enemy on his own in years.
Old 2018-02-07, 11:21   Link #5568
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
You do realize the last time that happened was with Freiza on Namek, right?
Actually it was Trunks who ultimately killed Freeza in Z series, Goku just mortally wounded him.
Old 2018-02-07, 11:46   Link #5569
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

And he is not going to kill Jiren either or he will be disqualify, and i doubt UI will clearly overpowered Jiren, on par or slighter better. Beside you talk about Goku master a thing that took God so hard like an asspull, you need to remember that in order to use UI he need to transform, he can't do it casually at anytime at all, so in the end it just him to mastering a transformation, not that much. I swear when he master the supposed defensive part no one scream, and when he master the offensive part people start scream. Really, you guys is too greedy and want everything going to where you want???
Old 2018-02-07, 11:51   Link #5570
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Goku defeated Frieza but failed to kill him. Future Trunks had to finish it (although it was against a powered-up Frieza).

But yeah, do notice: Goku hasn't had any meaningful victories for a long time. He's due one by now. And I also agree with Vietthai Post #5561: They're using Jiren to make Goku push past his limits. There'd really be no point if he and Vegeta fused at this point. Goku has to master Ultra Instinct and take out Jiren on his own. Although from the name "Extreme Ultra Instinct", it sounds like he ascends Ultra Instinct similar to how he ascended the Super Saiyan transformation (Gohan did it first, but it was Goku's idea). Goku did ascend the Super Saiyan twice, though.

If Frieza's trying it wait it out until the tournament ends so he can make his wish on the Super Dragonballs, I wonder if it'll be a repeat of the time on Namek.

Back then:
*During Goku vs. Frieza fight, Frieza notices that Porunga was summoned and goes over there*
Frieza: Make me immortal! (or whatever he said - I don't remember exactly)
(But nothing happens, and Frieza is told that the wish on the Namekian Dragonballs has to be said in Namekian)

Something like that may happen here again.

Edit: One post late.
Old 2018-02-07, 12:07   Link #5571
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
*deep sigh*

Indeed. I would prefer Vegito to takedown Jiren because it doesn't sound like asspull on paper. Another alternative would be UI Goku, Vegeta and Frieza are working together to take down Jiren but too bad, it still had to be Goku to solo the main enemy.
Old 2018-02-07, 12:34   Link #5572
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Spoiler for 128-129 Spoilers are out!:
Good, I don't want fusion.
Vegeta proved his worth as the second Fiddle So I want Goku to maintain his worth as the Best fighter of his team.
Old 2018-02-07, 13:56   Link #5573
The Green One

How many times has it been Goku throughout the life of the series that it has come down to have to save the day? Multiple times.

How many times has it been another character who's saved the day? Not as many. Most not even close.

Is it so much to ask to want a little variety? Apparently it is.
Old 2018-02-07, 14:57   Link #5574
Idealist 99

Quote:
How many times has it been Goku throughout the life of the series that it has come down to have to save the day? Multiple times.

How many times has it been another character who's saved the day? Not as many. Most not even close.

Lets see,

In Sayan Saga, Goku was useless after Vageta's Ozuru transformation so it was up to Krilin and Gohan to save the day.

In Nemak saga, Goku became super Sayan and mortally wounded Freeza before Nemak blows up. It was Trunks who ultimately kills Freeza.

In Cell saga, It was Gohan who defeat Cell and save the world.

In Buu saga, it was combine efforts from everyone as Vegeta keep Buu busy for Goku to charge Spirit bomb and King Kai uses Earth's Dragonball to bring back Goku's Stamina

In Beerus saga, Goku lost but Beerus decides to spare Earth.

In Golden Freeza saga, It was Whis who saved the day by rewinding time and allowing Goku to finish Freeza off since Vegeta took too much time to kill Freeza.

In Zamasu saga, It was Zeno who ultimately finish Zamasu off.

From what I see, there has been a lot of Variety. Its been a long time since we had a saga where Goku saves the day by defeating the villain with his new transformation.
Old 2018-02-07, 15:12   Link #5575
XFire
150% done

Quote:

When's the last time you saw Goku actually save the day?

He hasn't won a single decisive victory against the big bad guy (or just big guy in Jirens case) since Super began.
Old 2018-02-07, 15:38   Link #5576
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Well I read the spoilers. Not too pleased, Vegeta has more riding on this then Goku does, it just doesn't feel right for the one with a selfish motivation to actually win this shit then one with a legitimate reason to. Vegito is seriously the only thing that wouldn't have been an asspull considering Jiren's extreme level, now Goku is suddenly going to learn how to attack unconsciously and start beating on this fucking monster???
Not only that, but this would have been a perfect time to sell the teamwork dynamic that Whis was hinting at early on in the series, but Toei clearly ditched that and the strategy shit they were talking about for the ToP. I like how Toyo did it, he didn't try to sell this stupid shit about strategy and decided to leave it ambiguous. At least he didn't try to sell strategy as a major player in the ToP, he tells it how it is.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 16:05   Link #5577
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Goku learning Hakai despite not seeing one with his own eyes.
Spoiler for How Goku Learned Hakai:

Goku also learned the Kamehameha at first glance, so he has a knack for this kind of shit.
Quote:
Manga Goku know Hakai will make future arc hard to write in a convincing way.
What? Hakai was used only as an emergency technique, it's more of a pride situation then anything, and I doubt it would work on anything stronger then him by a significant margin
Quote:
Future Trunk treated like fodder in his own arc.
So you want him to asspull Super Saiyan Rage and pull a genkidama sword out of his ass? "WAAAAAAAH YOU CALLED ME A SINNER, NOW I AM ANGRY" is not a good enough reason for him to reach SSB levels of power, and the Genkidama sword pissed me off so much that I didn't watch anime for 3 whole days. There was no reasonable way for Trunks to do anything to Black and Zamasu without it becoming an asspull, he did enough for being at the level he was in the manga.
Quote:
Hit was extremely mediocre at manga.
At least they didn't have something as ridiculous as Kaioken Blue and Hit's insane adaptability trick. Hit's timeskip doesn't work against stronger people and Goku/Vegeta are stronger, and that wasn't his full power. I'm betting his assassination techniques put him at Blue level at the very least
Quote:
Buu got sidelined hard.
So? At least it didn't build false hope like the anime did. Good on Toyo for this one, he also does point out that Buu would be too incredible an asset for the team
Quote:
U6 vs U7 was rushed so hard in manga
It wasn't that special. The U6 vs U7 arc in the anime wasn't that good either
Quote:
Off screen Goku vs Frieza TWICE!
The first time was just supposed to be a cutoff so that people would watch the movie. The second I couldn't give less a fuck about considering the anime second battle ended after a punch. Still though, Freeza and Goku's interaction in the anime was something that I would strongly desire the manga to have
Quote:
The battle in manga doesn't feel epic and it ended quickly.
And so on.
Manga has stronger choreography despite it taking inspiration from the old manga too many times. The attacks have weight, they feel like they actually hurt (with visible blood and battle damage) and at least it isn't ATATATATATA spam like it is in the anime.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 20:50   Link #5578
Chosen_Hero

Actually, the only reason Goku hasn't had any victories himself is because he deliberately leaves his enemies alive to fight them again later.

For example: He let Vegeta go (at least this one worked out), he let Freeza live (he tried to once again in Return of F only to get shot in the back, even Vegeta called him out on it), Cell clearly had to go, but he would have definitely let the androids live and he could have defeated Majin Buu with SSJ3 but he wanted to leave it to Goten and Trunks (for some stupid reason), Beerus was never going to destroy his favorite restaur... I mean Earth and Zamasu and Black were never really his enemies to begin with, Future Trunks had to end them for the arc to have coherence (the manga failed in this part), U6 were never enemies and Goku is basically the villain of the current arc not Jiren (heck, no matter how scummy they were no one in the ToP is a villain since everyone was just fighting to protect their universes).

... Wait... THIS is our supposed hero? Why do we like him again?
Old 2018-02-07, 23:05   Link #5579
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Still we need to wait for the actual episode come out to decide about the thing

Edit:
Spoiler for Episode 127 and 128:

Goku when Vegeta get knock-off: I'm admit Vegeta you are the strongest number second

Edit Ver 2:
Episode 129 Summary: Only 2 minute remaining, Goku trying to fight-off Jiren fierce attack. But after that, Goku's eyes glowing silver-light(translate from Raw Japanese, i hope it correct)
Spoiler for Episode 127,128 and 129 in Japanese:

Last edited by vietthai96; 2018-02-07 at 23:38.
vietthai96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-08, 00:06   Link #5580
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Goku also learned the Kamehameha at first glance, so he has a knack for this kind of shit.
He didn't witness it with his own eyes. It would understandable if Anime Goku knows Hakai since he had witnessed it with his own eyes...

Quote:
What? Hakai was used only as an emergency technique, it's more of a pride situation then anything, and I doubt it would work on anything stronger then him by a significant margin
Pride? Goku has no problem to use it against Zamasu. Also, if it is doesn't even work on stronger enemy, then why even bother give him Hakai? Might as well give him something like stronger ki blast attack or exclusive SSBKKx20 ki attack that he can only used for one time in every battle.

Quote:
So you want him to asspull Super Saiyan Rage and pull a genkidama sword out of his ass? "WAAAAAAAH YOU CALLED ME A SINNER, NOW I AM ANGRY" is not a good enough reason for him to reach SSB levels of power, and the Genkidama sword pissed me off so much that I didn't watch anime for 3 whole days. There was no reasonable way for Trunks to do anything to Black and Zamasu without it becoming an asspull, he did enough for being at the level he was in the manga.
Saiyan is the master of asspull. So yes. I would rather Trunk went with bang in his own freaking arc instead of being helpless heal bot from nowhere. Not to mention that Manga Zamasu was weak as hell, so for Trunks for not able to do anything on him is just sad. Might as well just remove Future Trunks from the story and having Zamasu straight away went to find Goku and Vegeta at the main timeline and fight.

Quote:
At least they didn't have something as ridiculous as Kaioken Blue and Hit's insane adaptability trick. Hit's timeskip doesn't work against stronger people and Goku/Vegeta are stronger, and that wasn't his full power. I'm betting his assassination techniques put him at Blue level at the very least
Manga Hit was completely rendered helpless when his timeskip got overcame while Anime Hit still able to fight at equal ground without relying on time skip 100%. Giving Hit the ability to adapt is neat because for me, every alien race and character should have their own gimmick and trick instead of just another earthling re-skin with high battle power.

Quote:
So? At least it didn't build false hope like the anime did. Good on Toyo for this one, he also does point out that Buu would be too incredible an asset for the team
Yeah, it was a false hope but at least the anime treated Buu better and gave him 2 fight scenes before they wrote him off completely.

Quote:
It wasn't that special. The U6 vs U7 arc in the anime wasn't that good either
Yup, Anime U6 vs U7 is not good but it is definitely gave out the feeling that it was a complete production instead half-based and rushed arc.

Quote:
The first time was just supposed to be a cutoff so that people would watch the movie. The second I couldn't give less a fuck about considering the anime second battle ended after a punch. Still though, Freeza and Goku's interaction in the anime was something that I would strongly desire the manga to have
I am agreed with you on this.

Quote:
Manga has stronger choreography despite it taking inspiration from the old manga too many times. The attacks have weight, they feel like they actually hurt (with visible blood and battle damage) and at least it isn't ATATATATATA spam like it is in the anime.
There is no deny that manga choreography is superb. The problem I have with the manga it was too "short" (for my taste). If you look back at old DBZ manga, the battle is usually takes more than 30 pages to resolve.

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy