AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-26, 16:23   Link #541
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
If anything, most of us are simply persevering through the series despite its (major) flaws. Anyway, I don't want to waste what I've started, so ONWARD to the end. Onward to round cabbages!

I see that the only series really worth watching from this season are Asatte no Houkou, Tokimemo, and Otoboku (at least for me) . Geass lost points because of its attempted subliminal yet blatant Pizza Hut advertisements; this series along with Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge loses merit and viewability because of their massive flaws with both direction and animation. Death Note and Kanon pretty much need to be unsaid, but they're only adaptations of well-known media, so to me they have no merit.

Of course, I'm going tangential to the discussion at hand, but it's sad that Yoake has to fall into an ineluctable mediocrity: I once hoped that it didn't, but it did. It started with the cabbages ...
I once thought as you did but I understand they had limited time to
mess with this story and so what could have been imbued with depth
and meaning only has glancing blows in that direction. So I'm giving
them a bit of a break due to that. I fully agree about your assessments
on Asatte no Houkou and Tokimeki (although I'm seeing a repeating
sameness in some areas in the latter series, I'm digging the former
due to the elegant and spare emulation of the world of Honey and
Clover
even down to the same kind of musical vignettes).

Cabbages!

Okay. The parts that lead me to believe this could have a lot of interesting
depth:

Spoiler:

Last edited by aliensporebomb; 2006-11-26 at 16:46.
aliensporebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 17:10   Link #542
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
Okay. The parts that lead me to believe this could have a lot of interesting depth:

Spoiler:
"Interesting?" That's way too cruel and sad for everyone! The very definition of a "bad ending"; everybody loses!

P.S. Word-wrap is your friend?
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 17:17   Link #543
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
Okay. The parts that lead me to believe this could have a lot of interesting
depth:

Spoiler:
exactally! knowing tatsuya's heart belongs to feena there is no point for natsuki to keep on fighting for him...it would save a lot of tears in the future to just accept what is going on...

and about wreath...imo i think she is sent to split up tatsuya and feena because of what happened in the past (presumably a princess falling in love with an earthling and doom befelled on both of them and the rest of the world/moon)...to stop history from repeaing itself wreath was sent to sort things out...
i dont really think of wreath as an alien...just someone with supernatural powers i guess.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 17:26   Link #544
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I like episode 8 both Feena and Tatsuya have admitted their feelings for one another and vow to stick together no matter what. This is a very complicated situation it doesnt just have to do with something like parents not approving the fate of two nations are at stake in a way the same problem presents its self like it did in Romeo and Juliet. I do find it comforting that all of their close friends are pulling for them and Tatsuyas sister is even willing to shame her self to help her brother. I feel things will only get more complicated especially when Feenas father and Finace find out about this. I beleive Tatsuya has the strength to stand by Feena as queen. The little girl with blonde hair i cant remeber her name right now the one that has been watching them with that voice speaking to her. She is going to be problem my only guess is too why that voice does not want them together would fear of a 4th war errupting but then also Tatsuya is a commoner and we all know that royalty usaully do not take commners as suiters.
Old 2006-11-26, 21:42   Link #545
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Wink Ah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
"Interesting?" That's way too cruel and sad for everyone! The very definition of a "bad ending"; everybody loses!

P.S. Word-wrap is your friend?
This was the "Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora Extreme Unhappy Ending" version....
Old 2006-11-30, 00:45   Link #546
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Comments on, and spoilers for, episode 9...

Spoiler for Episode 9:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 01:40   Link #547
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

What relentlessflame said. Personally, I loved the episode (see spoiler). But the animation was atrocious, with characters' appearance changing as if you were in a hall of mirrors at a carnival. The credits show a new cast of genga and animators, as far as I can tell, with a new set of Korean names, and none of the companies -- good or bad -- that I remember from previous episodes. I hasten to add that there are anime this season where Korean names mean great work, but not here. I think what this anime proves is that there are limits to how many subcontractors you can use.
Spoiler for ep9:
And a new insert song well sung by Feena (Nabatame Hitomi).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 11:49   Link #548
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, there's a lot of *great* korean animation work --- but apparently other factors keep driving such a huge number of subcontracts in this series --- lowest bid trumps in all cases I suppose. they don't seem to have established any relationships with a few shops like most series do.
episode comments and minor 'rant'
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-30, 12:02   Link #549
KBTKaiser

to answer ya, Vexx...

Spoiler for about Karen and some game stuff:
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 12:31   Link #550
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@KBTKaiser
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-30, 18:26   Link #551
KBTKaiser

@vexx

Spoiler for a bit more clarification:
Old 2006-12-01, 18:44   Link #552
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
@vexx

Spoiler for a bit more clarification:
Spoiler:

well ep 9 was just great ^_^
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 21:46   Link #553
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Spoiler for episode 9:
Old 2006-12-01, 23:01   Link #554
KBTKaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-02, 04:53   Link #555
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 8.

That almost, almost started getting dramatic and momentous, but then they blew it with a silly "match" that made no sense, QUALITY animation, terrible comedy and laughable dialogue... which I should almost be used to from this series by now. The interrupted kiss (as if we haven't had enough of these throughout the entire history of anime) was just the icing on the cake.

Ep 9.

Holy crap, and I thought the last ep was QUALITY. The plot's actually starting to get slightly interesting, though still predictable. Even with the plot twist in this ep, it's never actually gotten overly ridiculous (if we momentarily ignore some of the events in the filler eps), which may save it in the end (well, as much as it can be saved between now and the final eps... it's like trying to revive the few remaining survivors in a massive train crash). The characters are still boring though, IMO. They've hardly made an attempt to flesh them out other than a few flashbacks and I'd even say you could interchange them with any other generic leads in shounen romance anime and it'd hardly change a thing in the plot. Terrible animation is still what is hurting this the most, though. That and the unnecessary comic relief. Hopefully that'll go away in the remaining eps.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 10:07   Link #556
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I love QUALITY animation. I love ROUND cabbages.

Anyway, I like Kemonozume, so I don't mind QUALITY ART.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 12:31   Link #557
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I finally manage to watch ep. 8. I must say it was pretty romantic. I like the atmosphere on the end...too bad it got interrupted. I guess the kissing scene will be reserved at the moon then hm? As for ep. 9, I'm guessing that...
Spoiler:

--> Btw, I like Wreath's adult form.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 15:23   Link #558
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Finished ep 9...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-02, 15:56   Link #559
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I hate Jurgen with a passion Does he love war that much? And I hate that "I am a noble and they're just commoners" appeal on him Well...I wouldn't mind him dying somewhere in the end
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 18:06   Link #560
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
I just started to watch this show. And fell in love with Feena after a few seconds Such a moe Princess

Tags
august, bishoujo, comedy, doumu, drama, romance