AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-02-22, 11:23   Link #541
Zekori

He's (SK) probably chilling in elf-land talking with the king before Guts arrive so he can stalk them via the shadows.

and yes, the Griffith arc is getting to be a bit much. If it was a flashback or arc revolving SK I probably wouldn't complain, since it would answer a lot unknowns like is Guts situation exactly as SK's own or is it still possible for their fate to change by actions from SK (assuming SK didn't have a figure like himself which guided him, like how he does to Guts).

Quote:
Back to the topic though, SK was never absent from any revoluntary event previously which would changed the entire world (The Eclipse, Rebirth at Albion tower for eg)... It's just strange this time round when the boundaries of the worlds begin to merge with the appearance of "new" Ganishka, he is nowhere to be seen...
Well, to be fair. SK appearing at the battlefield, much less anywhere near in visible sight could be problematic. Everyone thinks Griffith is a heroic savior again, especially the insane pope, and all Griffith has to do is point at SK say something lame like "<insert statement about evil not being defeated, and true evil = SK>" and everyone would buy it.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 19:03   Link #542
ellifeedn
Thinker

Wow, I can see why people despair at waiting for new chapters . So just to breathe a little bit of life into the thread, here's a theory I had been thinking about for a while. Whenever there was an eclipse, the God Hand appear on each finger of a giant "right" hand. Could there perhaps be a "left" God Hand?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 02:47   Link #543
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'm actually more interested in how the other members of the God Hand got to their current station, especially Slan. Also, was it ever stated that any of them was the original, i.e. the first to be granted their dark powers?
Old 2009-03-26, 16:55   Link #544
gencbiba

Maybe these God Hand are the only ones interested in the human world? Maybe there are other ones that don't care at all, or other ones that are actually good hearted. Who knows.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 17:33   Link #545
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The author has decided that moe games take higher priority, it's uncertain if this manga will ever be finished at this rate.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 22:02   Link #546
t3htr0LL
Banned

From the latest news, hes recruiting mangaka to join his niconico fetish... it really is a sad day, I mean i understand the appel of idolstar, and its moe moe blobs but man I wish he would just finish beserk and go all gaga for idolstar afterwards
t3htr0LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 14:22   Link #547
Inmortal_Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3htr0LL View Post
From the latest news, hes recruiting mangaka to join his niconico fetish... it really is a sad day, I mean i understand the appel of idolstar, and its moe moe blobs but man I wish he would just finish beserk and go all gaga for idolstar afterwards
Yep... and no clues about retake the edition of Berserk...
matafaka!
Inmortal_Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 21:43   Link #548
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Maybe, the darkness of the series got to him. Seriously, you can throw the Sun into the setting and it'll light just a corner of Midland.
Old 2009-04-04, 06:40   Link #549
iceyfw

oh, thats just great. now i can toss this manga along with guyver that will never finish in the years to come.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 01:02   Link #550
u43368
Disabled By Request

Ha, it's funny that Miura went from producing one of the manliest, most awesome manga series ever to fawning over idolmaster all day. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 06:07   Link #551
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ If you replace "funny" with "incredibly sad", then I would agree with everything you said.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 06:15   Link #552
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
Ha, it's funny that Miura went from producing one of the manliest, most awesome manga series ever to fawning over idolmaster all day. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
It's as I said 2 pages back. Time and Age does mellow a man. All these started when he choose to introduce that rori moe witch out of nowhere. (It was said that he was inspired by Negima to do so) and it hits rock bottom where you have seen him draw a room full of nude roris
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 06:45   Link #553
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

And that is why you don't drag a story. So what if you have great art, and you never get to finish the story?
Old 2009-04-06, 00:25   Link #554
balmung5000
SK;IN

this is easily
the best manga ever
i just wish the chapters came out quicker
but you cant rush greatness
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 08:56   Link #555
Child_of_Sierra

sigh, took a break from this about 3 years ago and started reading the backlog today...

I can't believe how little headway Guts and co. have come about since the last time I saw them. IMO something is terribly wrong if a title covers less stuff than Naruto and Bleach does within the same year.
Old 2009-04-09, 10:15   Link #556
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
I can't believe how little headway Guts and co. have come about since the last time I saw them. IMO something is terribly wrong if a title covers less stuff than Naruto and Bleach does within the same year.
....How periodically is Berserk published compared to those pther 2 publication you mentioned ? Go figure that out.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 10:27   Link #557
Child_of_Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
....How periodically is Berserk published compared to those pther 2 publication you mentioned ? Go figure that out.
I am well aware on the difference between their publication ratios but that's not an excuse. I'm talking about plot progression in a span of a year. There's really very little to write about when it comes to story.
Old 2009-04-09, 14:18   Link #558
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
I am well aware on the difference between their publication ratios but that's not an excuse. I'm talking about plot progression in a span of a year. There's really very little to write about when it comes to story.
There's also a rather large gap between the quality of the writing in bleach/naruto and berserk...
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 21:04   Link #559
Tri-ring

One quick news, Miura is coming back from hiatus with a new episode of Bersek on the next issue of Young Animal published on Apr.24th.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 03:35   Link #560
CygnusX

That's the most excellent news which I didn't expect to hear so soon. Berserk is THE manga that has to be finished when I'm still alive, I don't care about all the others. I was almost giving up hope reading about the writer's hiatus and the long wait and earlier posts....

Thanks for giving me reason to live on again Tri-ring (slightly exaggerated ofc... a bit ... )
CygnusX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark fantasy, fantasy, seinen