AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-12, 18:25   Link #541
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
But she didn't even wear a pony-tail in the beginning and doesn't Mibu have a pony-tail too?
She did have short hair, and she has a pony tail now, and she'd probably look good in a nurse outfit I guess?

I mean, now that I think about it.. It works.

Mibu is taken. No longer up for discussion In my opinion. But for that one you'll have to wait until Pampz replies himself.

But seriously thinking about it, unlike Pampz I'm not really into my coworkers or the idea of their haircuts ever.

Ironically though, most of the girls I dated since highschool went on to cosmetology school, like paul mitchell and such. So they're like hairdressers and make up artists. The girls that didn't go into that, usually went into things like psychology. That makes up at least 90% of the girls I dated.

So I like girly girls with a strong sense of appearance, IE: Mayumi, Ayako, Miyuki. Or I like Smart girls IE; Shizuku, and possibly the first 3 if you like.

So, I guess I also have a type, since at one time or another I've shipped one of those 4 girls still having a lot of trouble with who my true ship is.

In a way, I'm really not any better than Pampz.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 18:30   Link #542
Echizen777

Erika is awesome, she has character development, tragic past, she is badass and has a likable personality. Only Mayumi and Ayako can compare to her.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 18:36   Link #543
NutShell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
According to the info I found on the BT forum's ... not including the Afterword volume 13 had 350 pages.

Here is also a comparison with some of the other volumes ... also found on the same forum:
thanks for the info, whoa quite a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
She did have short hair, and she has a pony tail now, and she'd probably look good in a nurse outfit I guess?

I mean, now that I think about it.. It works.

Mibu is taken. No longer up for discussion In my opinion. But for that one you'll have to wait until Pampz replies himself.
Erika ponytail really
I wonder when we get a coloured picture of her in ponytail

so now we got Ayako worshiper in this thread . . .
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 18:57   Link #544
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
Erika has a feisty personality in a series where most of the girls are on the submissive side. That makes her much better than most of the other girls in my eyes.
I don't think it's submissive if Miyuki only listens to one person. That's more like faith. Honoka could be a case due to the slave gene though.

Otherwise, we might as well all label ourselves as submissive.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 19:03   Link #545
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
I still like miyuki though

Uhm I hope it's ok to ask what is the name of kuroba twin who crossdress
Old 2014-04-12, 19:18   Link #546
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I don't think it's submissive if Miyuki only listens to one person. That's more like faith. Honoka could be a case due to the slave gene though.

Otherwise, we might as well all label ourselves as submissive.
1. No, she's submissive. Erika and Shizuku have faith in Tatsuya. Miyuki? She's literally ready to bend over backwards for him at any moment if he commands.
2. It's not one person. See her relationship with Maya.
3. Honoka is just lame, even without the submissiveness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
I still like miyuki though

Uhm I hope it's ok to ask what is the name of kuroba twin who crossdress
That would be Fumiya.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 19:37   Link #547
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
1. No, she's submissive. Erika and Shizuku have faith in Tatsuya. Miyuki? She's literally ready to bend over backwards for him at any moment if he commands.

That would be Fumiya.
Ok thank you

Uhm quick question will benio become antagonist later on the novel because she has motive is to uncover tatsuya identity and protect her daughter what do you think?
Old 2014-04-12, 19:49   Link #548
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Ok thank you

Uhm quick question will benio become antagonist later on the novel because she has motive is to uncover tatsuya identity and protect her daughter what do you think?
The possibility is still open, though I find it unlikely. Also her attempts will probably just end up the same as "Haruka Ono" that is just attempts...
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 19:51   Link #549
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
You really like that ship, don't you. You became an hardcore shipper like Pampz.
Don't mention me again~
Im not a shipper Iam a worshipper

Quote:
I may have asked this before, but I've clearly forgotten. What do you guys even see in Erika?
Uhh...Hairstyle? Personality?

Quote:
But she didn't even wear a pony-tail in the beginning and doesn't Mibu have a pony-tail too?
Well I have both fetish
Mibu lacks the will~
She succumb to her despair; While Erika never succumb to it and even fought against her fate; while we will never see her first round; we'll probably the 2nd which will be my most anticipated arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Erika is awesome, she has character development, tragic past, she is badass and has a likable personality. Only Mayumi and Ayako can compare to her.
Mayumi and Ayako cant even compare to her; due to both of them lack BG and plot of their own~

Quote:
The only one who goes against Tatsuya decision in the long run of the series are Erika and Maya only; other than those two everyone have been submissive to Tatsuya's might!

Back on topic; Any new spoilers?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 20:04   Link #550
Flere821
Lurker

Oh hey, new spoilers posted about the aftermath of that Miyuki/Tatsuya scene:
Spoiler for V13:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Anyway guys, here's the Chinese text for the MiyukixTatsuya illustration.
Spoiler for V13 Plot:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
LOL I think all you guys should wait for someone like Flere to translate. Don't want anyone to go away with any misconceptions.
Someone already translated it, but here's what I get from that bit:
Spoiler for V13:

So yeah, a blow to the Tatsuya/Miyuki ship I admit, but it's not a crippling one. A ardent shipper might point out however Miyuki is the only one capable of bringing out a response for Tatsuya, whereas others like Mayumi in a swimsuit or Erika in gym shorts only gets a 'No F@#ks Given' response from him

(Yes, I'm ignoring the bit in the Vampire Arc where Tatsuya said if there was 100% certainty there would be no witnesses and surveillance he'd "sample Mayumi completely" because Mayumi was that beautiful When he said that he didn't really feel anything other than "oh shoot I'm not suppose to say that because it'll make Mayumi nervous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by araragi92 View Post
现在仔细想想,原文中写的是“居心地が悪すぎだ”,这句话翻译过来也就是“心里感到不舒服”的程度,翻译成 “心生厌恶”好像有点太过。当时翻的有些随意了

The person modified and said the word was not really disgust/aversion but an uncomfortable feeling, he feels uncomfortable to sleep in the same bed as Miyuki.
Also, this.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 20:11   Link #551
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Spoiler for V13:

Spoiler for V13:

So yeah, a blow to the Tatsuya/Miyuki ship I admit, but it's not a crippling one. A ardent shipper might point out however Miyuki is the only one capable of bringing out a response for Tatsuya, whereas others like Mayumi in a swimsuit or Erika in gym shorts only gets a 'No F@#ks Given' response from him

(Yes, I'm ignoring the bit in the Vampire Arc where Tatsuya said if there was 100% certainty there would be no witnesses and surveillance he'd "sample Mayumi completely" because Mayumi was that beautiful When he said that he didn't really feel anything other than "oh shoot I'm not suppose to say that because it'll make Mayumi nervous)

Also, this.
Tatsuya sees naked girls in his division when changing, remember? A little skin isn't enough to tempt him. Lina was actually one of the few that could momentarily stun him with sheer beauty.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 20:17   Link #552
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Spoiler for V13:

Spoiler for V13:

Also, this.
What are you talking about Flere? Erika been making Tatsuya speechless with her fan service. Even her glare, her sheer emabarassment makes Tatsuya apreciate Erika's inner beauty. If given the same situation Tatsuya would lose his sanity for Erika in a second. Btw do Tatsuya even dream? In the drama cd promo manga its show Tatsuya dreaming; and the thing that left the most impression was Mizuki pair of lovely breasy!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 20:19   Link #553
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
What are you talking about Flere? Erika been making Tatsuya speechless with her fan service. Even her glare, her sheer emabarassment makes Tatsuya apreciate Erika's inner beauty.
In a clinical manner perhaps, a intellectual acknowledgement of the fact. Not like a emotional response/attraction that's reserved solely for Miyuki AFAIK however
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 20:47   Link #554
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Mari successfully aroused him, though.
Old 2014-04-12, 22:23   Link #555
IceHism

Quote:

That would be Fumiya.
Picking the two strongest characters(that also turn out to be older than her and in her family) introduced in the story so far and saying that Miyuki listens to them hardly qualifies her as submissive and is just a convenient excuse. When she bends down towards people like Mikihiko, Leo, Erika, ichijou, Mizuki and all the other common folks, then i would believe you that she is willing to submit to everyone. Submitting to authority is not submissive otherwise everyone is submissive to a degree and the definition is meaningless.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 22:50   Link #556
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
So yeah, a blow to the Tatsuya/Miyuki ship I admit, but it's not a crippling one. A ardent shipper might point out however Miyuki is the only one capable of bringing out a response for Tatsuya, whereas others like Mayumi in a swimsuit or Erika in gym shorts only gets a 'No F@#ks Given' response from him .
Bro

It gave me hope. Tatsuya has feelings, but only with Miyuki he can be a full fledged human.

Quote:
Miyuki is submissive only with Tatsuya. And she owns him her own life, so it's pretty understandable.

Even so, I found the term not completely right when she is willing to do things behind him, like talking with the Yotsubas, even if it's to protect him.

2. All Yotsubas fear/respect Maya, so that's not a valid point.

3. Well, Honoka has the submissiveness in her genes(?) after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Mari almost successfully aroused him, though.
Fixed.
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 23:00   Link #557
Echizen777

Quote:
That's nothing new, see girls naked or with underwear do nothing to him. Only when you are very close to him he seems to get aroused. You think if another pretty girl had done what she did Tatsuya would feel nothing? At the contrary he wouldn't be so disturbed because they are siblings but for another reason.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 00:09   Link #558
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

It was previously mentioned that, Kudou wanted to test his "Parasite Doll". By Doll* does that mean a mechanical doll similar to Pixie? Or are they using a different type of container(ie. corpses maybe?)
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 00:44   Link #559
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Hm? Actually, I don't see how this is a blow to the Miyuki ship at all. If anything, it shows that Miyuki's gradually escalating "chipping away" on Tatsuya's defenses is actually resonating. A blow to the ship would have been if he had shrugged it off without reaction, or if he had refused to play asleep and sent Miyuki off. I would want to see the Japanese first to see what his feelings REALLY were. Summaries are notoriously inaccurate in this respect.

See it as the author's answer to the fan's desire to see more progress on the Miyuki/Tatsuya angle. Not badly done.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 00:51   Link #560
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Oh my god, I can't believe you awesome fans forget to do one thing you used to do: posting raw!!
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote