AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Old 2007-04-28, 05:41   Link #541
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post

i wonder how long it will take simon to grow a spine and become a ladies man like the pic suggests

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 05:58   Link #542
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
I think I'll do a "hot blooded" post in honor of Takami Akai. He co-founded Gainax and I remain a big fan.
Thank you more then anything MaidsX3 --- this was truly needed. Now its time to get back to my Gainax day in memory.
Old 2007-04-28, 08:55   Link #543
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribblewing View Post
The title of ep 5, announced as "I Have Absolutely No Idea!", is less than inspiring. I'll keep up with the show no matter what it does. I just hope they know what they're doing.
If you are worrying about the script or where they want to go with the series... don't, in their blog they've announced to have already finished the whole series including the last episode.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 11:13   Link #544
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I'm lubbin all this piccage. Here's a magazine scan that I found. Finally I can become a bit more then a leecher.
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...en-Toppa-G.jpg
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 11:38   Link #545
wao
OK.

If I'm not wrong, Animage May had a spread on Gurenn-Lagann and since I have the magazine and a leetle bit of scanning experience I could upload a large-size joined-up version of it, but...

I suppose it's already been done somewhere?

And 7th, I'm too lazy to look at the blog but when they said they've finished do you mean they've finished the script, the storyboards, the afureco or the entire thing?
Old 2007-04-28, 11:55   Link #546
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
If I'm not wrong, Animage May had a spread on Gurenn-Lagann and since I have the magazine and a leetle bit of scanning experience I could upload a large-size joined-up version of it, but...

I suppose it's already been done somewhere?

And 7th, I'm too lazy to look at the blog but when they said they've finished do you mean they've finished the script, the storyboards, the afureco or the entire thing?
The script...

Storyboards are just ready for 18... I think.

Edit -
Linky for the final episode script announcement: http://gainax.weblogs.jp/gurrenlagan...post_63d8.html
Linky for the storyboard on episode 18: http://gainax.weblogs.jp/gurrenlagan...04/1_ac85.html
Old 2007-04-28, 12:15   Link #547
manuloz

Wao> It's already done, if it's this one :

*By the way, did you hear of some rumors on the participation of Bones animator on Gurren Lagann. There was some on 2chan but then again might only be some geek fantasy...

2 new pics from Doodle Drill (source : 2chan)

????

Sushio

Last edited by manuloz; 2007-04-28 at 12:36.
manuloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 12:44   Link #548
wao
OK.

Ah, yeah, that's the one. Figures, since it's been what nearly two weeks since Animage was out and this is a pretty popular anime after all.

I haven't kept up with the sakuga threads or even checked out the GL threads so honestly I don't know if Bones is taking part or not, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if they're going to join in the fun. After all, even though it's some sort of geek fantasy this show has been kind of fulfilling these crazy geek fantasies by bringing together so many good/famous animators together after all.

Thanks for the clarification and links, 7th. That's pretty good that they've already got their script completely done, and the storyboards are so far ahead. Then their schedule is pretty well-managed, isn't it.
Old 2007-04-28, 14:37   Link #549
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Ah snap, if I could get my hands on the Doodle Drill book. :[
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 15:05   Link #550
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Ah snap, if I could get my hands on the Doodle Drill book. :[
Yeah, i still wouldn't mind a copy --- though i can see that never happening at all. :3
Old 2007-04-28, 16:04   Link #551
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, finally got around to watching 4, and my initial reaction is: what's the big deal? Yes, the animation is a drastic shift and I don't think I'd want it for the run of the series, but if predictability is what you're after maybe Gainax isn't your bag. I was more struck by the profoundly disturbing imagery and dialogue than by any visceral dislike of the visuals. If anything, it was interesting how the complete left turn in animation style changed the projected personalities of the characters.

The whole thing is rather sad, to me - a profound overreaction by the fans being met by an even bigger one from one of the producers, and in the end one of the studio founders is forced out. That's a shame.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 16:29   Link #552
Kristian

Send a message via MSN to Kristian
Episode 4 interesting animation style ...but I see episode 5 Preview .. Animation Style back...
Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 16:44   Link #553
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Well, finally got around to watching 4, and my initial reaction is: what's the big deal? Yes, the animation is a drastic shift and I don't think I'd want it for the run of the series, but if predictability is what you're after maybe Gainax isn't your bag.
Well, they experiment and they failed. No surprise, the trolls took the chance to bite em. I'm sure there wouldn't be such a woohaa if this was another anime done by some less well known studio.

Anyway, the dead horse is already minced meat now, best move on to better things like episode 5 and Yoko fanarts.
Old 2007-04-28, 20:30   Link #554
lightbringer
M9000

In light of the previous post, I apologize in advance for bringing up this topic...

It's been a while since I watched episodes 1-3 so it was difficult to compare to number 4, but I went back and re-watched some parts. I don't really get it. In number 4, some of the facial animations are a bit retro-style, kind of like in Kemonozume, but for the most part, it's more of the same. Am I blind / missing something obvious? The difference in animation style is not as pronounced as people would have me believe.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 20:30   Link #555
flou
That's no lady

This episode was enjoyable, although not as good as the other ones, but the animation looked better than last time (I'm kind of ambivalent about Utsunomiya's style), and Rossiu, Gimmy, and Darry joined up with the team. The preview looks really weird though. There's hotsprings (Chinese-themed), the return of the black family, Nono, Lark, Mahoro, Rei, and Asuka in bunny suits, and um....far too much Boota exposure (you'll see what I mean when you see the preview =_=;;;;; )
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 20:32   Link #556
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Just saw episode 5. Well, without having to spoil any detail about the plot I can safely tell you that the artwork style is back to normal! The animation quality was quite incredible again and damn, this episode featured some real nice backgrounds as well. An other thing that really impressed me was the really nice use of lighting and colours in most of the scenes. As for the rest:

Spoiler for episode 5:

P.S. Oh and there's George Nakata in this episode!
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 22:27   Link #557
7Th
Mixtape

Just finished downloaded Lagann 5... haven't watched it yet but going by the comments on the Lagann blog and the threads in 2ch I guess the love is back.
Old 2007-04-28, 22:40   Link #558
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-kun View Post
Bad News for everyone who hoped that there would be a Poster of Yoko in this Monthīs Megami Magazin, there isnīt one.

Spoiler for Megami Poster Preview:
I recognize Nanoha, Ikkitousen, Negima, that Zero-whatever show, and Hayate, but source on the rest?
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 22:55   Link #559
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
I recognize Nanoha, Ikkitousen, Negima, that Zero-whatever show, and Hayate, but source on the rest?
Zero no Tsukaima. Also sola, and that show about the girl with stage fright. A bunch of Negima stuff. Blue haired girl in the middle looks like Momoka from Touka Gettan. No clue about the rest.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 23:16   Link #560
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Haven't seen 5 yet, so the question I'm dying to get is wheter or not the mole regrows his 'tocks
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote