AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 7 11.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 50.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-09, 20:17   Link #541
Meophist

I think it'll be kinda difficult to make an artificial Jewel Seed. Lost technology stuff are usually unreplicatable.
Old 2007-05-09, 20:21   Link #542
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
From this conversation, Yuuno strikes me as being similar to Peter Parker in that whenever something bad happens and he's even peripherially involved, he blames himself for the whole mess, and thinks he has to go fix it all himself.
Yeah that's true too.
Just saying that in the 1st place there was no need for Yuuno to contact TSAB about the disappearance of JS since those people that transport and lose em on the way were from TSAB.

Quote:
Not sure about the relic, but the reason they knew how many Jewel Seeds there were on Earth is that Yuuno found them and put them on the transport himself. There was never any mention of whether they found any others after Yuuno left the excavation site, or whether JS's were found anywhere else in the galaxy.
And as far as the Jewel Seed seen in Episode 6, I doubt it's one of the originals. Think about it: given how much power each JS had, would YOU use it to power one little drone? And an easily beatable drone at that. Probably, what was in the Gadget was an ARTIFICIAL JS, made by Spaghetti using data from the studies done on the originals. They should be much less powerful than the originals, too.
They never mention that they actually retrieved all the JS right? (not sure whether this is mention in sound stage).
Actually in one of season 1 episode, it was shown the machine that power garden of time contain red crystal that looks like the relic shown in strikers.

Quote:
Oh yeah, I alway wanted to know... Does anybody knows what exactly goes down in these auctions? Other than the obvious of course...
Cause if it's just something boring...
Nothing was mentioned from the preview about the auction itself really.Since both Lutecia and the drone shown up, it could be anything that everyone in this thread said earlier (excluding velka/chrono's secret videos )

Last edited by raidou; 2007-05-09 at 20:42.
Old 2007-05-09, 20:23   Link #543
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I think it'll be kinda difficult to make an artificial Jewel Seed. Lost technology stuff are usually unreplicatable.
And dangerous to handle. Hazardous materials people.
Old 2007-05-09, 20:31   Link #544
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
And dangerous to handle. Hazardous materials people.
Well, that's given, and mad scientists usually don't care too much about stuff like that.
Old 2007-05-09, 20:47   Link #545
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

We need to take into account that even if the drones used real Jewel Seeds in their construction, they must be ridiculously small as hell as in nano-jewels. Orange can probably make a million of those Type-3s with a single jewel.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-09, 21:32   Link #546
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
We need to take into account that even if the drones used real Jewel Seeds in their construction, they must be ridiculously small as hell as in nano-jewels. Orange can probably make a million of those Type-3s with a single jewel.
The train had only 1 unit [reminds me of the Matrix drones for some odd reason ] and was considerably tougher than the other types. It was probably the only one with the Jewel Seed chip, which probably set it apart as an elite unit. It was pretty tough and probably not something to be faced in an enclosed space. Also, tThe increased range AMF hax pretty much defanged Erio and Caro [both lost power and their circles] .

It was also hardcore enough to survive Dragon Flambe, this means that there is a very narrow span of time for a melee attack to get through before the hax works.

Thing is, 1 on 1 that drone would have likely killed any of the rookies [or any normal mage for that matter]. So it was a good thing to have a literal flying fortress for Caro and Erio to fall back and regroup. They did well against it for a first mission, and my guess is that a new and improved version of that drone isn't going to make the same mistake.
Old 2007-05-10, 00:36   Link #547
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
The train had only 1 unit [reminds me of the Matrix drones for some odd reason ] and was considerably tougher than the other types. It was probably the only one with the Jewel Seed chip, which probably set it apart as an elite unit. It was pretty tough and probably not something to be faced in an enclosed space. Also, tThe increased range AMF hax pretty much defanged Erio and Caro [both lost power and their circles] .

It was also hardcore enough to survive Dragon Flambe, this means that there is a very narrow span of time for a melee attack to get through before the hax works.

Thing is, 1 on 1 that drone would have likely killed any of the rookies [or any normal mage for that matter]. So it was a good thing to have a literal flying fortress for Caro and Erio to fall back and regroup. They did well against it for a first mission, and my guess is that a new and improved version of that drone isn't going to make the same mistake.
Agreed. Your explanation suddenly made me imagine an uber-AMF capable room that mages enter during infiltration. What I would really like to see now is just how hard it is to use magic inside an AMF. (It has been mentioned by Nanoha to be difficult, but not impossible in the manga)
Old 2007-05-10, 00:39   Link #548
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Agreed. Your explanation suddenly made me imagine an uber-AMF capable room that mages enter during infiltration. What I would really like to see now is just how hard it is to use magic inside an AMF. (It has been mentioned by Nanoha to be difficult, but not impossible in the manga)
"Limiter Release!"
Old 2007-05-10, 00:42   Link #549
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
"Limiter Release!"

Yeah that.

Actually, I was also considering the possibility of technological countermeasures later on.
Old 2007-05-10, 01:08   Link #550
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
"Limiter Release!"

aka, Shoot first, plan NEVER...

Abit like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Heh ... I'm in the mood for some fun...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chrono: So... After thousands of dollars spent on excavating the site...

Hayate:

Chrono: ... With tens of thousands spent in medical bills...

Signum: ...

Chrono: ... And millions in repairs bills...

Nanoha: Erm... I can explain that...!

Chrono (sighed) : Nevermind I guess I should have anticipated this...

Fate: Chrono-kun...

Chrono: At least we got the bad guy, right?

Nanoha: Erm...

Hayate: N-No, no bad guy...

Chrono: Okay... You still retrieved the lost logia, right?

Signum: Erm, no lost logia either...

Chrono: ... You at least figured out his plan, right?

Fate: Erm...

Chrono: .......................................

Nanoha: I think we should come back later...

Quote:

Yeah that.

Actually, I was also considering the possibility of technological countermeasures later on.
"Impulse"- Fate, "Destiny"- Nanoha and "Freedom"- Hayate are going to get Counter-AMF technology?
Old 2007-05-10, 01:16   Link #551
Skane
Anime Snark

Fate should be "Infinite Justice", given that her traits are that of speed and melee.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-10, 01:24   Link #552
Aaron008R

Quote:
aka, Shoot first, plan NEVER...

"Impulse"- Fate, "Destiny"- Nanoha and "Freedom"- Hayate are going to get Counter-AMF technology?
*slaps forehead* I just KNEW somebody was going to bring this up. But in any case, the idea I'm thinking about is similar to what you said, except not as broken as N-Jammer Cancellers. Several limitations of a useful tool on the protagonists' side make for some good planning time.
Old 2007-05-10, 02:04   Link #553
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Fate should be "Infinite Justice", given that her traits are that of speed and melee.

Cheers.
Yeah, except Bardiche said "Impulse Form"

But I see what you meant
Old 2007-05-10, 02:38   Link #554
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
What's known is unprotected spells cannot be casted in the area of effect of an AMF. Enchantments lose power on contact, and magic missiles of any sort dissipate. Unshielded artifacts may be affected as well. An MC mage won't last very long against a drone in melee and a Velka knight, while having a better chance up close, will not last too long either if their weapon is depowered.

For countermeasures, probably a hardened protection field or attacks not dependent on magic. Subaru, for example, physically tears apart an AMF drone or uses a pure tech [her gauntlet] weapon to generate shockwaves that ignores the field entirely. Otherwise, the mage has to be shielded before entering combat. The AMF takes a while to eat through a barrier or the protection field of a barrier jacket.

Failing that, someone may need to creatively use a cartridge to power an attack while in that field.

Of course, the ***dam girls here have a nuclear option- as politically incorrect as it is we can always rely on a crew of willing and able Devastator Mahou Shoujo
Old 2007-05-10, 04:55   Link #555
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
*slaps forehead* I just KNEW somebody was going to bring this up. But in any case, the idea I'm thinking about is similar to what you said, except not as broken as N-Jammer Cancellers. Several limitations of a useful tool on the protagonists' side make for some good planning time.
I've been calling that ever since I heard of AMF. And going by Shario's and Nanoha's tendencies, I think the M-jammer Canceller is going to be hell lot more likely, until Spagetti gets his hands on the Canceller-canceller, which would then require them to come up with a canceller-canceller-canceller...

Just a weird thought about the Drones... I wonder if Nanoha ever thought of using her training drones offensively? Like UAVs, this guys might be able to fare better in an AMF situation. Also, if they intend to capture a built-up structure, Nanoha's pretty much unless in those situations. It'll be up to the Velka and possibly the drones, if future urban warfare is any indication.
Old 2007-05-10, 05:07   Link #556
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I've been calling that ever since I heard of AMF. And going by Shario's and Nanoha's tendencies, I think the M-jammer Canceller is going to be hell lot more likely, until Spagetti gets his hands on the Canceller-canceller, which would then require them to come up with a canceller-canceller-canceller...

Just a weird thought about the Drones... I wonder if Nanoha ever thought of using her training drones offensively? Like UAVs, this guys might be able to fare better in an AMF situation. Also, if they intend to capture a built-up structure, Nanoha's pretty much unless in those situations. It'll be up to the Velka and possibly the drones, if future urban warfare is any indication.
Its is already bad enough with the launching lines Nanoha uses... Let hope the writers becomes a bit more creative here.... Still I got a flash of Nanoha using Dragoon system with this

I got the impression that those Drones Nanoha made does not have the fire power for it to be effective in battle, also don't they also use magic based attacks making them also useless against an AMF.... Nanoha should be able to fight in close quarters I think, since her control is better then Teana's also she must know at least the encasing trick Teana uses.
Old 2007-05-10, 06:15   Link #557
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Its is already bad enough with the launching lines Nanoha uses... Let hope the writers becomes a bit more creative here.... Still I got a flash of Nanoha using Dragoon system with this
Nanoha is "Destiny", if her 'wings' are any indication

Quote:
I got the impression that those Drones Nanoha made does not have the fire power for it to be effective in battle, also don't they also use magic based attacks making them also useless against an AMF.... Nanoha should be able to fight in close quarters I think, since her control is better then Teana's also she must know at least the encasing trick Teana uses.
The training Drones, are exactly what they're called, 'training'... But I see what Kha meant, so I'm wondering does Mid-Childa ever use robots for combat?

Or have their intelligence agents watched too much "The Matrix" by tapping into Earth's Satellites ?

In any case, Nanoha's role in that situation doesn't really have to be close-quarter... She's better of as a sniper.
Old 2007-05-10, 06:38   Link #558
Aaron008R

Quote:
Nanoha is "Destiny", if her 'wings' are any indication
Point taken.

Quote:
The training Drones, are exactly what they're called, 'training'... But I see what Kha meant, so I'm wondering does Mid-Childa ever use robots for combat?
I doubt it. Doesn't seem to be much use for drones so far in Mid-Childa seeing the capabilities. Not to mention AMF's are rather few and far in between before.

Quote:
Or have their intelligence agents watched too much "The Matrix" by tapping into Earth's Satellites ?
Hayate?

Quote:
In any case, Nanoha's role in that situation doesn't really have to be close-quarter... She's better of as a sniper.
The problem is she might end up completely blowing up the building in a single shot. Hey, what are limiters for after, all?

The thread's rather inactive today.
Old 2007-05-10, 06:43   Link #559
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Point taken.
Any thoughts on who the rest of the cast are? (At least the combat ones...)

Quote:
I doubt it. Doesn't seem to be much use for drones so far in Mid-Childa seeing the capabilities. Not to mention AMF's are rather few and far in between before.
Hell, I don't recall seeing any armored units as well ...

Quote:
The problem is she might end up completely blowing up the building in a single shot. Hey, what are limiters for after, all?
I thought of that as well...

Quote:
Hayate (with loud speaker): LUTECIA! THIS IS LT. COLONEL YAGAMI OF RIOT FORCE 6! YOU HAVE BEEN SURROUNDED! COME OUT QUIETLY OR WE WON'T HESISTATE TO LEVEL THE ENTIRE HOTEL ALONG-

Chrono: Oh no you don't!

*Chrono snatches the loud speaker while Acous attempts to restrain Hayate*

Chrono (with loud speaker): LUCETIA!

Acous (whisper): "Lutecia"

Chrono (with loud speaker): LUTECIA! WE CAN COME TO AN AGREEMENT WITH THIS! THERE'S NO NEED TO GET VIO-

*Hayate snatches back the speaker*

Hayate (with loud speaker): DO IT NOW NANOHA! STARLIGHT BRE-!!

*Chrono pushes Hayate away*

Chrono (with loud speaker): DON'T LISTEN TO HER! YOU CAN STILL HAVE A BRIGHT FUTURE AHEAD OF YOU! AND STOP THAT NANOHA! I SAID NO MOR-!

*Hayate pulled the speaker towards her*

Hayate (with loud speaker): TAKE A SHOT!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote:
The thread's rather inactive today.

Agree... How do you propose we... Spice things up ?
Old 2007-05-10, 06:47   Link #560
Aaron008R

Quote:
Agree... How do you propose we... Spice things up ?
!!!
*readies gear*
On your command, Darth. What's the topic?

Auction scenarios would be nice. How about the meeting of the Aces and the Kurono Kishi Dan?
Closed Thread