AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-03-22, 00:31   Link #56361
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Do you like the look, though?
Yeah

though I was originally going with this

https://40.media.tumblr.com/9fa281ff...gyilo1_500.png

Now it's slender vs proportionally curvy @_@
Old 2015-03-22, 07:31   Link #56362
lovetospoon73

Quote:
- C'mon. Older, meaner, manlier version of Ichika with an eyepatch. It was either Deathstroke or Big Boss---wait.

Big Boss Ichika...I think somebody's already done that.

- And Big Boss Ichika being the head of this 'company' recruiting and trainign orphans for his fight...
dude, i' pretty sure te girls like ichika for the moronic kind clueless idiot, that they fight like cats to get his attention
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 07:59   Link #56363
Frosty
He who loves to sing
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
dude, i' pretty sure te girls like ichika for the moronic kind clueless idiot, that they fight like cats to get his attention
No, just no. Others are trying a different type of Ichika, probably a badass type. Do you ever recalled any Male MC in harem anime/light novel/manga who are not a moron idiot but gets a harem of girls because he is not like Ichika? If not, you need to watch/read those. You can find it in internet.

The thing we just talked now is OOC Ichika, not the dense baka.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 17:40   Link #56364
lovetospoon73

sorry about that, can't blame them, my type of ichika is the same one in the actual series, but a lot more manlier, & a lot less clueless
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 22:32   Link #56365
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Pardon me, the last 2 pages gave me a headache after reading.

But yes, I do believe we all either have improved versions of Ichika. Mine is still idiotic and gutless, but because of 1) wanting to save energy, 2) small elements of wanting to step out of Chifuyu's shadow but failing to because she casts SUCH a LONG shadow, 3) small elements of guilt for getting Chifuyu injured ([The Infinite Stratos] opens with Ichika's memory of Chifuyu beating off someone trying to kill Ichika and losing her lower arm in the process), 4) admiring his sister at the same time.

However, he is still an Orimura so when push comes to shove, I've had Ichika punch above his weight (and justifiably battered for it) and also I did make him a much better swordsman than canon. I've managed to keep his ability to recall random facts.

You can also see my "improved" versions also included nerfing some canon characters because I find it hard to write superman characters and frankly I find them uninteresting.

Also, announcing THE FINALIZED line-up of idols who will be part of the SHOOTiNG ST@R Initiative!

Gou Karon
Erika Weber
Riselle Hirasawa
Tio Ginjyo
Celeste Eisenberg
Chang Fueifuei
Maizuru Anastasia
Shinonono Houki
Huang Lingyi
Orimura Kaoru
Sarashiki Kanzashi
Kanzaki Rika
Tatsunomiya Ai
Takatsuki Tsukasa/Jung Kari

Details coming soon
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 22:54   Link #56366
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well Japanvstheworld Ichika can't not be badass when they have mandatory military training after school given he's a naive badass but
Old 2015-03-22, 23:58   Link #56367
Frosty
He who loves to sing
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Pardon me, the last 2 pages gave me a headache after reading.

But yes, I do believe we all either have improved versions of Ichika. Mine is still idiotic and gutless, but because of 1) wanting to save energy, 2) small elements of wanting to step out of Chifuyu's shadow but failing to because she casts SUCH a LONG shadow, 3) small elements of guilt for getting Chifuyu injured ([The Infinite Stratos] opens with Ichika's memory of Chifuyu beating off someone trying to kill Ichika and losing her lower arm in the process), 4) admiring his sister at the same time.

However, he is still an Orimura so when push comes to shove, I've had Ichika punch above his weight (and justifiably battered for it) and also I did make him a much better swordsman than canon. I've managed to keep his ability to recall random facts.

You can also see my "improved" versions also included nerfing some canon characters because I find it hard to write superman characters and frankly I find them uninteresting.

Also, announcing THE FINALIZED line-up of idols who will be part of the SHOOTiNG ST@R Initiative!

Gou Karon
Erika Weber
Riselle Hirasawa
Tio Ginjyo
Celeste Eisenberg
Chang Fueifuei
Maizuru Anastasia
Shinonono Houki
Huang Lingyi
Orimura Kaoru
Sarashiki Kanzashi
Kanzaki Rika
Tatsunomiya Ai
Takatsuki Tsukasa/Jung Kari

Details coming soon
What no male idol? You are such kill joy
Old 2015-03-23, 07:03   Link #56368
The 48th Ronin

Idols are supposedly girls only, because moe rules.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 07:09   Link #56369
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Idols are supposedly girls only, because moe rules.
- These guys would disagree:

Also, would be pretty hilarious if Dan decides to drag Ichika and their other male friend Mitarashi Kazuma (Vol 5 P96 of the translated LN) off to become male idols...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 07:13   Link #56370
The 48th Ronin

^ it's gonna end in disaster for those 3.

...they should just form a band.
Old 2015-03-23, 07:17   Link #56371
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Have anyone ever thought about the different on each of the girls' hands? It's quite apparent - for example, Cecilia's right index bends unnaturally and the inside sometime is covered with urgo (trigger finger); the area between thumbs and indexs on both hands of Houki are full of cuts (iaido training),...
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 08:03   Link #56372
Frosty
He who loves to sing
*Author

Quote:

Also, would be pretty hilarious if Dan decides to drag Ichika and their other male friend Mitarashi Kazuma (Vol 5 P96 of the translated LN) off to become male idols...
I will try wave
Old 2015-03-23, 10:05   Link #56373
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybola View Post
What no male idol? You are such kill joy
Firstly, you must realize that the SHOOTiNG ST@R Initiative is also a Tabane-funded UN Security Council white paper to gather exceptional IS pilots, ie, ISpers, under one umbrella and train them into an international task force where they can be deployed in future as a response to increasingly technologically advanced threats. Something like MITHRIL.

At the same time, this allows the UNSC to keep an eye on what essentially are the most dangerous human life forms on the planet. Again, something like MITHRIL.

However, marketing them as international idols makes them more palatable, much like how the EU got away with their supersoldier program (and their participation in the SHOOTiNG ST@Rs with Celeste), or how the US got away with the Project Stargate, or how the ASEAN has the National Cadet Corps Stratos school clubs.

At the same time, idol training has demonstrated to be very effective for improving IS performance, because not only are the pilots and suits more in sync, the amount of positive Willpower generated increases the output of an IS core substantially.

(CLASSIFIED CONTENT from Hyakka Rouran Uchikenger: This was used long long ago by the Japanese, having utilized what essentially are primitive IS called Kobu to fend off demonic attacks. The Imperial Defence Force was on the surface a theatre troupe which disbanded some time during the 2nd world war. At the peak of its activities, the IDF had no ISpers, or, as they are originally called in prehistory, Nephalem, and yet these ladies proved potent enough to fight off these beings from deep space.)

Therefore, girls, ISpers, ISes, Idol Stratos. Because, canon rules.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
^ it's gonna end in disaster for those 3.

...they should just form a band.
The only thing stopping me from a JUPITER expy was a missing 3rd male.

NOW YOU WILL SEE BYAKUSHIKI DOING [ALICE OR GUILTY].

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2015-03-23 at 10:15.
Old 2015-03-23, 10:16   Link #56374
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Please meister, don't do this. Just... don't
Old 2015-03-23, 10:18   Link #56375
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

...egads, my chuunibyou. D:

You're not going to stop Ichika's idol debut though. Because:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanIchiKazuma
"TABANE!"
EDIT

Ange Stark was missing from the lineup. There was supposed to be 15 idols...

EDIT2

I must admit that there's a HUGE complication in this plan. For one we have no idea what Kazuma's personality is like. In my head, I'd have him as the cool jock to compliment Ichika's bone-headedness and Dan's having to be the straight man. While that might work, deviation from the character itself will hurt me.

Another complication is the nature of the Idol Stratos. Unless this is much later in the series where idols in spaceframes are a more popular idea, there is very little reason for funding to have Dan and Kazma as idols, and Ichika is too dumb to be an idol.

BUT

Ichika has a knack to be talented in the most random of ways. What if he surprisingly is good at being an idol? What if...

...IDOL ICHIKA USES THAT ORIMURA GENE TO ENTRANCE THE WORLD?!?!?!?!??!

EDIT3

Anastasia's name was too clunky and so I went for Anya Maizuru instead. As expected, she's the Russiophile idol piloting a Prokhorovka Heavy Metals Massproduction Infinite Stratos RK-92 Baqr-type. She named it “Verniy”, or Faithful.

Yes, this is going to be a huge retcon for my work, as previously I stated that Russia had no localized IS but I only later this contradicted some rules regarding IS production. So instead, the Russians made the RK-series MPIS as per Russian tank nomenclature. The Chinese then copied them but ended up making a Type-35 (an RK-92 clone) then created a billion reiterations of the design. The Shenlong-type now bears the Type-35 serial number and likewise Lingyi's Shenlong is the WZ-36, indicating that it is a prototype as per Chinese tank nomenclature.

EDIT4

I wonder if there's another reason why Riselle is wary of Tatenashi, besides constantly pointing out that they [the idols] are simply well-kept lab rats of the ISA.

After all, Water is Super Effective against Fire, right?

*is IAMNOTAPOKEMON-Kicked across the room*

EDIT5

And suddenly, something I really want to make into an IS, but can't:

Spoiler for Stuff:

I deal in massproduction models and this looks like NOTHING in canon. I suppose it could be the next "update" to the Vandam series by combining the Skygrasper parts carrier with the armor itself, and so this is the Vandam Zeta (tentative name)? This also opens things up to a million different Zeta variants...

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2015-03-23 at 13:26.
Old 2015-03-23, 18:12   Link #56376
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hey, have anyone thought about where did the girls get their military training? Cecilia's position could get her into the SAS. I don't think the GIGN will accept Charl, so the Legionare? For Rin, either the Special Ops or Marine.

And don't mention the Spetsnaz to Tate.

Last edited by Fireminer; 2015-03-23 at 20:23.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 20:13   Link #56377
Frosty
He who loves to sing
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Hey, have anyone thought about where đi the girls get their military training? Cecilia's position could get her into the SAS. I don't think the GIGN will accept Charl, so the Legionare?

And don't mention the Speztnaz to Tate.
I am still arguing which one is better among the SF lol.
Old 2015-03-23, 22:52   Link #56378
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Hey, have anyone thought about where did the girls get their military training? Cecilia's position could get her into the SAS. I don't think the GIGN will accept Charl, so the Legionare? For Rin, either the Special Ops or Marine.

I'm pretty sure they were only taught basics.
Old 2015-03-24, 02:37   Link #56379
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:

I'm pretty sure Cecilia had some exposure to the SAS as canon. And Laura is pretty damn obvious.

Theorizing for the rest:
Charl was trained by whatever spy and torture masters Dunois had in his employ.
Ling was part of the PLA, and the Black Lotus program is quite... intensive.
Meijin Sarashiki is ALSO quite obvious. Her IS is very interesting and provides more hints. VERY Sumerian in design, Knight Templar even. Her family might just be even older than we think!

Surprisingly, Houki is the most ordinary girl.
Old 2015-03-24, 04:46   Link #56380
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
The only thing stopping me from a JUPITER expy was a missing 3rd male.
- Even better: Kazuma is a CANON MALE CHARACTER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin
Please meister, don't do this. Just... don't
- I was not responsible for anything, I swear. HURHURHURHURHUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon
Ange Stark was missing from the lineup. There was supposed to be 15 idols...
- She has a good reason for not being in the lineup, Meister. I'm sorry I can't tell you why. Yet. (Evil Light Yagami Laughter as he writes in his Death Not-I mean fanfic)

Quote:
I must admit that there's a HUGE complication in this plan. For one we have no idea what Kazuma's personality is like
- It's either an advantage or disadvantage. We can't see much of his personality in the small bit shown in the LN. On the other hand I think that also gives up some leeway to develop the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer
I don't think the GIGN will accept Charl, so the Legionare?
- The Legion Etrangere are a bit yes and no. Most of the fighting men in that unit were actually non-French citizens joining in part to earn French citizenship (it's only fairly recently that they accept French nationals), and is commanded by French officers. So I guess it's possible to falsify Charl's identity and have her train with them. Also, since they mainly operate outside of French soil, less chance of Charl being found out.

Quote:
- That's a bit difficult, as Spetsnaz is a blanket term for any number of Russian (and former Soviet) Special Operations units. So comparing which specific Spetsnaz is the best...can be difficult. Also, I woudl think the Black Sea Naval Infantry might be...a better fit. That said, Tatenashi is more in line with Japanese Ninja than anything (and I basically hinted at that in my fics).

Last edited by wavehawk; 2015-03-24 at 05:32.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest