Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Wow, now that's a tank DESTROYER!
Old 2013-04-27, 08:50   Link #5642
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Speaking of Tank Destroyers...

This was a pretty good run and towards the end when it was only me and my arty left I took on a scout/TD role (couple of hairy moments !) and helped our arty take out the remaining enemies.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Its funny as the arty player on my team called top! at the end thinking he'd just scored top-gun but no no no he was wrong about that.

Edit: and another TG.

Images

I harassed a KV1 for ages in this game in between taking other tanks out and eventually nabbed him at the very end through a tiny gap

Last edited by Drake; 2013-04-27 at 10:17.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 10:25   Link #5643
Blaat

Someone here needs silver coins and did you use your password event gold already? As for the match that was pretty impressive considering your opponents had the tank advantage (1 TD + 2 arty vs 2 TD + heavy) and were you panicking when your tank appeared to be stuck on the balcony?

To continue with the Tank Destroyer theme we have going here:
Images
ace tanker

This will most likely be my last ace tanker badge in a while.
Old 2013-04-27, 11:37   Link #5644
Gravitas Free Zone

This is what happens to 8.4 replays when run with 8.5...

Images
Behold, my Lancaster!
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 12:28   Link #5645
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Someone here needs silver coins and did you use your password event gold already? As for the match that was pretty impressive considering your opponents had the tank advantage (1 TD + 2 arty vs 2 TD + heavy) and were you panicking when your tank appeared to be stuck on the balcony?
Indeed I am very poor and I used the 300 gold to convert free XP so its all gone =[

Anyway naa I wasn't panicking I was wiggling myself free but it was a close call ! was raging my last shot to the KV's turret didn't pen as it would have finished him off.

Nice job with the hellcat, I haven't managed to get the the Ace tanker badge in it myself even though I've managed 7 kills =/

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 12:34   Link #5646
Sumeragi
Banned

I have to say, not a bad 24 hour.

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 12:47   Link #5647
Raviel

Hello everyone I've been lurking this thread for a while now, I play on the SEA server and I was wondering if I could get some some advice on what would be the best all-around tank to enter tier 8 with among the T32, Pershing, Caern, and Centurion Mk I?

Normally I would have gone with the T32 but it's gun is putting me off when I think about how I'll be seeing tier 9/10 more frequently once I hit t8.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 13:04   Link #5648
Gravitas Free Zone

Not this one.

Images
http://worldoftanks.com/news/2274-chieftains-hatch-japanese-anti-tank-assaults/

I have both the T32 and the Pershing, and have surprised myself by doing fairly well with the T32. Obviously in both cases you need to aim for weak spots, but the T32's cannon isn't horrible... it's just not going to demolish similar tiered heavies from the front.

I suppose the other question would be whether you're more comfortable with a heavy or a medium...
Old 2013-04-27, 15:37   Link #5649
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

While UTE is working for his all-blue, I just got myself my first (fake) blue!

Stat-padding with gold derp M4 on one side; genuine pro T20 action on the other. I used to really hate the T20 -- now it's my favorite. No armor worth a damn, not that good at circle-strafing -- yet, a supremely tactically flexible tank.

What is Efficiency and why is mine so low anyway?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 15:53   Link #5650
Gravitas Free Zone

Efficiency is a measure based on game actions like capping, defense, etc. Was initially popularized in the RU/EU servers. Its Western counterpart is the WN7 figure, which places a bit more weight on damage done.
Old 2013-04-27, 18:22   Link #5651
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Man this week has played havoc on my records. I'm 10 matches down, as it's been really bad. I'm tempted to skip out on it at this rate, but if anyone's up for tier 5s later for stat padding, I'm free once I get home from work (equivalent to 2:30 AM EST).
Old 2013-04-27, 18:35   Link #5652
LeoXiao
思想工作

my fps has dropped from 30-40 to 5-20 for some reason. Operation "Samsara" is being delayed massively.

EDIT: Operation "Samsara" cancelled.

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2013-04-27 at 20:43.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 20:37   Link #5653
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

So, fellow Indienpanzer users, how's things faring? Because I've found that I'm being thrown into matches where I'm usually in the mid-to-top place in lists, which kind of makes me a target for derision whenever I stay back and snipe. Thing is, with the slow turn and turret traverse rate (don't have the last engine yet), I don't think it can fill any other role. Okay, I can support quicker mediums, but that's only in a pinch, as 90mm front and side armor can't really last long in a brawl at higher levels.
Old 2013-04-27, 21:07   Link #5654
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Bad news I prolly won't be on, so I am taking a very long break till I get my computer situation fixed. Or play on my desktops, but I'm not comfortable on play with my desktops. Cuz, they have no vent and no mic. So until then I'll see ya when I see ya.
Old 2013-04-27, 21:08   Link #5655
Gravitas Free Zone

I watched a guy in an IS first drive past a hostile M7 Priest (in the open at about 75 meters), then when he finally noticed him, managed to shoot the M7 twice for no damage.

Yargh.
Old 2013-04-27, 21:21   Link #5656
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I watched a guy in an IS first drive past a hostile M7 Priest (in the open at about 75 meters), then when he finally noticed him, managed to shoot the M7 twice for no damage.
Not everyone can be a blue player like you.
Old 2013-04-27, 21:25   Link #5657
Gravitas Free Zone

I think maintaining this win rate is more difficult than getting to it. Those unicums are freaks... or they cherrypick their battles.
Old 2013-04-27, 21:38   Link #5658
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Meh, I'll be happy once I hit true 52.5%, but this weekend has been harsh, as I'm down fifteen whole games since its start. The change in reset time doesn't help either.
Old 2013-04-27, 21:56   Link #5659
Gravitas Free Zone

Stupid weekend continues: My team won a game because someone on the other team drove off our cap when they had about 80% completion and we'd only just gotten to theirs...

Bonus story: Won a Live Oaks game, did not get Invader medal, team made it much more difficult than it should have been... had three of us on cap, plus a Super Pershing that had been trailing my group... very slowly... at some distance. The T29 that had been on cap drove forward off the cap to draw fire... and exploded. The KV-3 that was on cap got killed, I shot a Super Pershing off of me, got hit, and retreated myself off the cap because of a hull-down iPanzer. Our SP is still lackadaisically wandering along the southeast train tracks.

We also have a couple of heavies in the middle of the field northeast that, after killing two KV-5s that were on their way to our base, just sort of sat there.

I get back on the cap since there are no contacts showing, using the KV-3 wreck as cover. The iPanzer shows up on the eastern tracks and it and the Super Pershing have a long, drawn-out, pointless battle. My cap progress is at about 60%, Sixth Sense goes off, the other team's JT88 appears, fortunately some distance away and on the other side of the KV-3 wreck.

Our guys in the field... don't really move.

Cap progress is at 80%. The Super Pershing appears to be running away from the iPanzer. I'm now stuck between wiggling the wreck between me and the JT88 and the iPanzer, which can now see me clearly. Heavies in field are moving... very slowly... toward the JT88.

In the low 90%s, I have to shoot the iPanzer. This dislodges me enough that the JT88 hits me with the cap at 99%. The freakin' heavies are saying "gg" to the JT88. I'm too busy raging because I lost my Invader medal because they didn't shoot the JT88 in the back. Only then does one of the heavies kill the JT88.

The game pulled me over my win rate goal for the session, but I still had to log off because I was (am) too damn angry.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-04-27 at 22:22.
Old 2013-04-27, 22:40   Link #5660
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Pst, Ute, share that win rate magic with me will ya? I'm still in the negative, so lets platoon if you're still up later on, or maybe after you've cooled down.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks