AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-04-20, 08:33   Link #56661
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

> Natsuru
> Rank 13

That was pure and utter bullshit

Unless it's less rank and more general list.
Old 2015-04-20, 08:36   Link #56662
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Currently trying to imagine the social compatibility of Tabane and Kumon Kaito, yes, THAT Kumon Kaito. The one from Urobutcher's superhero show.
Old 2015-04-20, 08:40   Link #56663
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
> Natsuru
> Rank 13

That was pure and utter bullshit

Unless it's less rank and more general list.
- As I mentioned, some of them get better or have an excuse like Elfen Lied's Kouta (becauss seriously when you dad and your sister get ground into mincemeat before your eyes because you love them, your subconscious WILL make you oblivious to other peoples' feelings as a survival mechanism).

Ichika being #1 is probably the only thing we can agree upon---unless there exists a harem protag who's denser.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 08:44   Link #56664
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I've read an LN that have the lead surrounded by girls, some of them flat out want to have sex with him and he still think they just want to be friendly and the sex part was just experiment/joke.

I'll link it if you interested, since it's pretty off topic.
Old 2015-04-20, 08:53   Link #56665
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
I've read an LN that have the lead surrounded by girls, some of them flat out want to have sex with him and he still think they just want to be friendly and the sex part was just experiment/joke.

I'll link it if you interested, since it's pretty off topic.
- PM me about it, but (still on-topic), I guess delivery is also an important factor. How much of it is because the male protagonist is actually dense to the feelings of women, and how much of it is because of some other reason? I can think of a few, like paranoia or an actual fear of women (can be played for comedy or straight psychological horror). Obviously, since LNs are mainly aiming for the comedy aspect and some Harem protags are stand-ins for the fandom/audience, they intentionally play the idiot card. Which I think is a little bit overdone, or else they haven't really tried something different with it yet.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 08:57   Link #56666
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

He has not much, if any, psychological issues. In fact, his harem is infinitely screwed than him. That's why they fell in love with him.

He's a fine guy, raised by good parents.

Fuck, Ichika at least always hinted to be in complete denial rather than actually dense. This guy is on another level entirely.
Old 2015-04-20, 13:08   Link #56667
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
How does it feel like completing that new COD? The stealth operations made me feel like playing Assassin's Creed
It was a lite version of everything, even as a shooter, or an exposition of "war, war never changes". It really reminded me of is Time Crisis.

Still the very concept of New Baghdad made me chuckle. Remember what I said about the West Arab Emirates Solidarity being an association of developed democractic nations with mini-Dubai's everywhere? Atlas was the exact representation of that. But the lines Kevin Spacey trotted out was exactly the line Admiral Tio of DART and the rest of the ASEAN High Council tow to run the diaspora of islands. That they would guarantee order, safety and prosperity, at all costs.

Tio lost his wife in first days of the war, had to raise his daughter alone and hold together whatever was left of government. He has been known to make many hard choices. Including involving his own daughter (albeit reluctantly and on Gin's own volition) in a military one-upmanship. I won't be surprised by the number of skeletons in his closet.

But for now, their relative lack of power is keeping them tame. Which really is the same for the entire planet. No one has enough strength to completely wipe out the opposition. In this multi-polar world, each superpower is keeping everyone else in check.

And so, the solution is love, music and idols. Oh and the slow but sure evolution of Mankind into ISPers allowing everyone to fly IS, communicate truthfully and end all conflicts.

I know, its ridiculous, but IS is ridiculous and I love that part of the whole premise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I just wanted to share something, so be prepared not to die from laughter or so.
You know its a personal list when Ichika can be listed 22 times.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2015-04-20 at 13:19.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 18:29   Link #56668
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Is it really wise to put a densely-populated area near ISA?

And if the city that Ichika lives in (very close to the academy, accessible by skyrail) is still in Japan's jurisdiction, does that mean that is the closest place to ISA the army can mobilized?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 19:44   Link #56669
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

It seems like a horrible idea, putting it right in the middle (or close to) a civilian area. It almost gives off a green zone / Baghdad vibe, minus the IED's and terrorists (though you can argue that phantom task is a terrorist group)
Old 2015-04-20, 19:45   Link #56670
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Is it really wise to put a densely-populated area near ISA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitmeister View Post
It seems like a horrible idea, putting it right in the middle (or close to) a civilian area. It almost gives off a green zone / Baghdad vibe, minus the IED's and terrorists (though you can argue that phantom task is a terrorist group)
Economically? I always is. Being near to a large landmass meaning it's much easier to construct an artificial island due to shallow sea. It will also helps a lot with logistic chain.

Also, you keep schoolgirls confined in one place for so long and you will see hell. All boys school might be crazy, but it ain't nothing on all-girls school.
Quote:
And if the city that Ichika lives in (very close to the academy, accessible by skyrail) is still in Japan's jurisdiction, does that mean that is the closest place to ISA the army can mobilized?
Yes.
Old 2015-04-20, 19:48   Link #56671
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Also, you keep schoolgirls confined in one place for so long and you will see hell. All boys school might be crazy, but it ain't nothing on all-girls school.
Yes.
Remember: the destructiveness of boys is measured in cost of property damage; the damage done by girls is measured in cost of therapy from the mental damage.

Also, I would reason that JSDF can be called upon to help on the island itself.
Old 2015-04-20, 19:50   Link #56672
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's funny how I.S. has really great and reasonable world building isn't it?

You'd think something sound stupid and yet when you glance outside, everything suddenly makes sense.
Old 2015-04-20, 20:01   Link #56673
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Most of the world building is being completed by fans like us. You do know that right?
Old 2015-04-20, 20:24   Link #56674
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitmeister View Post
Remember: the destructiveness of boys is measured in cost of property damage; the damage done by girls is measured in cost of therapy from the mental damage.

Also, I would reason that JSDF can be called upon to help on the island itself.
Yeah, everyone knows in harems where all the girls do not have experience hanging around other guys besides the MC, & the MC goes to a school where he's the only guy there, almost all the girls will maybe be desperate & use lewd tactics to seduce him, depending on how much they know about guys
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 20:41   Link #56675
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Economically? I always is. Being near to a large landmass meaning it's much easier to construct an artificial island due to shallow sea. It will also helps a lot with logistic chain.

Yes.
Not to mention a school full of students that posses the best financial support. All that money screams to be spent, after all. I'll not be surprise if the students is the city's economy backbone.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 21:17   Link #56676
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Most of the world building is being completed by fans like us. You do know that right?
But... but the foundation is all there.

More seriously though, before LN writer, Izuru was VN creator. That he's good at world building doesn't make him a good writer.

Quote:
Not to mention a school full of students that posses the best financial support. All that money screams to be spent, after all. I'll not be surprise if the students is the city's economy backbone.
Exactly
Old 2015-04-20, 21:26   Link #56677
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Just saying, the Alaska Treaty was not the best laid of foundations
Old 2015-04-20, 21:39   Link #56678
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It is, I mean, it encourage weapons development and discourage aggressive behavior. What more do you want?

Of course, the fact that PT exist and how America get away with anything speak things about the country's fucked up state.
Old 2015-04-20, 21:46   Link #56679
demino_hellsin
That one guy

No, it doesn't. Especially when the worst of the backlash from Silverio Gospel Incident was sealing the unit itself. He never explicitly stated that the research data be made public or that follow-up projects would be disbanded.

You say they get away with everything but it never really stated who they are getting away with it from. It's not like anyone but a terrorist group is antagonizing them.

There are also serious problems that I find with the basic points of the law. Basically why can research only be hidden when it is performed in ISA? Why not just force all data to be public? Bottleneck? A way out so that they can trick covert research into something easier to spot? We already saw Silver Gospel being hidden research. Goes to show that won't work.

It was just a metod to set-up the tenets to a ro-com more than anything. And yet he lent credence to the laws and the substantial impact of IS as a weapon as if it were a big deal when really all the IS were supposed to do was establish that this one guy has to go to a school full of chicks.

Ugh. Damn. I turned it into a rant.
Old 2015-04-20, 22:11   Link #56680
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
No, it doesn't. Especially when the worst of the backlash from Silverio Gospel Incident was sealing the unit itself. He never explicitly stated that the research data be made public or that follow-up projects would be disbanded.

You say they get away with everything but it never really stated who they are getting away with it from. It's not like anyone but a terrorist group is antagonizing them.
Silver gospel went into rampage, the research data never goes published as Alaska Treaty deemed

Also, the attack on I.S. Academy.

A treaty only as good as people can enforce it, Alaska treaty by itself is good. It's just that no one can work for shit when it comes to execute it.

Quote:
There are also serious problems that I find with the basic points of the law. Basically why can research only be hidden when it is performed in ISA? Why not just force all data to be public? Bottleneck? A way out so that they can trick covert research into something easier to spot? We already saw Silver Gospel being hidden research. Goes to show that won't work.
You mean like the way USA and the rest of the NATO doesn't always share their weapon data in real life?

Open sourcing is good, but competitive development is even better. I.S.A. is a testing ground, most of the research still done outside. Basically it keeps the money flow in and out.

Quote:
It was just a metod to set-up the tenets to a ro-com more than anything. And yet he lent credence to the laws and the substantial impact of IS as a weapon as if it were a big deal when really all the IS were supposed to do was establish that this one guy has to go to a school full of chicks.
That I won't disagree.

Quote:

Ugh. Damn. I turned it into a rant.
I enjoyed it, really.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest