meeiwen
Circus Freak

Location: 40 degrees 50 minutes north, 140 degrees 31 minutes east
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
cant view that.

this one, http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/imgd...4094511725.jpg
2 volumes were released so far.
what is Cop Craft about? i tried searching but couldn't find anything about it except the pic you just showed. is this also a novel?
meeiwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 01:07   Link #5662
sy tao

Quote:
cant view that.

this one, http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/imgd...4094511725.jpg
2 volumes were released so far.

I cant agree more lol, he speaks more than ever there, the longest I could remember.
I miss Yukino Satsuki's voice as chidori even more.

why they still havent make a new season anime anyway? money is not a problem from new fmp anime without doubt. other reasons maybe?
yup, that picture...sorry it didn't work ^^

i dont feel the "cop craft" , sorry gatou-sensei >_<
sy tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 05:41   Link #5663
CiNtUrO-cHaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterV View Post

Yeah, Sousuke just... spoke his mind, and it was great, actually, I just hope that the translation adequately conveys it, but obviously, the best thing would be to hear Tomokazu Seki say it, heh. And yes, he does act like a cross between a ninja and Duke Nukem, so if this gets a movie... well, let's just say I hope it gets the right treatment, it could be better than the new Eva Rebuilds.

I must say, the first chapter contains a scene that, if animated, will probably be one of the most kick-ass mecha battle scenes ever.
By now, though, it's pretty much the Darkest Hour/Despair Event Horizon. Ooh, the tension. I'm trying not to look at the next page to see how things went... it keeps the process interesting.
I'd really LOVE hearing more from seyuu Tomokazu Seki, I've followed him since Taiho Shichau zo! (You're under arrest), and performing Sousuke is one of his bests shows in my opinion.

And regarding the translation, from what you've said you haven't still read the book? Wow, I don't think I'd be able to resist the temptation lol. Anyways, good look with the translation! ganbatte~
CiNtUrO-cHaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 06:18   Link #5664
sy tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNtUrO-cHaN View Post
I'd really LOVE hearing more from seyuu Tomokazu Seki, I've followed him since Taiho Shichau zo! (You're under arrest), and performing Sousuke is one of his bests shows in my opinion.

And regarding the translation, from what you've said you haven't still read the book? Wow, I don't think I'd be able to resist the temptation lol. Anyways, good look with the translation! ganbatte~
cinturo_chan, have you read the entire book already???
sy tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 07:49   Link #5665
MisterV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNtUrO-cHaN View Post
Yeah, as I said, I'm trying to keep it interesting. Not that I would be able to read most of the kanji anyway (have a long way to go before I can do that). Besides, this parallel narrative really works, keeps me on edge. I'm pretty sure that this, as an anime, would be extremely exciting ever for a person who didn't read anything. Well, maybe they'd miss some references to the side stories and all (I guess they'd just cut those, which is a bit of a pity).

As to looking at the ending, well, I didn't resist the temptation: I looked at the start of the atogaki, and the first sentence is something like "Spoiler warning - for those of you who like reading the afterword first", so I just followed the advice and stopped looking forward. I'm more worried about the lives of the support cast than anything, you know, since it's one of the best collections of characters in anime.

Can't say Tomokazu Seki's my favourite seiyuu ever, but yes, he's definitely one of the best. Like Yukino Satsuki (<3), I kind of feel he doesn't get enough main roles these days... Oh well. Let's hope KyoAni hasn't misplaced their portfolio of franchises. Not that they do a lot of action these days, eh? It would be a nice change, actually.

Last edited by MisterV; 2010-08-26 at 08:15.
MisterV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 19:23   Link #5666
akire_and_atem

I had to stop watching Nodame Cantabile and had to re-watch FMP [again] because of Chiaki's voice lol.... evertyime he spoke I was expecting an "Affirmative" :P

Edit: can someone nicely point out to me the post #s of the summaries of CMMD??....

I...lost them U.U ...and without them I only understand half of shutazen's translations (no offense towards shutazen!! :S, it's just that english is not my first language, and all those technical terms confuse me a lot)

see hunter?! we do need you... A LOT

Last edited by akire_and_atem; 2010-08-26 at 21:16.
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 01:33   Link #5667
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeiwen View Post
what is Cop Craft about? i tried searching but couldn't find anything about it except the pic you just showed. is this also a novel?
yep, it is a novel. I was abit wrong when I said they re 2 vols. They re indeed 2 vols, but they were released twice. the first publisher, Zeta bunko, went bankrupt and it got stopped (2007).
Gatou sensei re-released it this year on Gagaga bunko, the contents a bit different but all in all still the same.

as for the story, the main guy is a sergeant (lol. yes, Sousuke is also a sergeant but his is that of military, this one is a police). His partner is a girl from another world. well... to put it short, the genre is SF, fantasy, action, cops. cops story but with magic.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 09:25   Link #5668
Kaoru842

where can I read part 2? anybody know?
Kaoru842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 10:13   Link #5669
meeiwen
Circus Freak

Quote:
yep, it is a novel. I was abit wrong when I said they re 2 vols. They re indeed 2 vols, but they were released twice. the first publisher, Zeta bunko, went bankrupt and it got stopped (2007).
Gatou sensei re-released it this year on Gagaga bunko, the contents a bit different but all in all still the same.

as for the story, the main guy is a sergeant (lol. yes, Sousuke is also a sergeant but his is that of military, this one is a police). His partner is a girl from another world. well... to put it short, the genre is SF, fantasy, action, cops. cops story but with magic.
ah i see.. thanks for the info. seems pretty interesting to me.. do you know if it's also being translated? (sorry if off-topic)
Old 2010-08-28, 01:10   Link #5670
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Do we know how tall Sousuke and Kaname are supposed to be ?

I once read that Sousuke was supposed to be 176cm tall, but that was a loooong way ago, and I'm wondering... Did he go through a growth spurt ? In the anime he's depicted as not much taller than Kaname, but in the end illustrations (bonus pics, last one) of CMMD he's nearly a head taller than her and in
Spoiler for ZSBM:

Just wondering. You think our boy hit the 180cm ? He sure looks like it lately.

Last edited by MutsuriLurker; 2010-08-28 at 01:24.
MutsuriLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 02:11   Link #5671
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
Edit: can someone nicely point out to me the post #s of the summaries of CMMD??....
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...31&postcount=7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru842 View Post
where can I read part 2? anybody know?
Here or you wait more
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 11:15   Link #5672
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuriLurker View Post
Do we know how tall Sousuke and Kaname are supposed to be ?

I once read that Sousuke was supposed to be 176cm tall, but that was a loooong way ago, and I'm wondering... Did he go through a growth spurt ? In the anime he's depicted as not much taller than Kaname, but in the end illustrations (bonus pics, last one) of CMMD he's nearly a head taller than her and in
Spoiler for ZSBM:

Just wondering. You think our boy hit the 180cm ? He sure looks like it lately.

(Official Anime Art Sketches) Officially 179cm..maybe he hit 180cm...he's what, 18 now?
That should answer your question,
Spoiler:

I think their height is perfect for one another...

Now if TESSA ever wanted to sneak a smooch on him (never will happen)..forget the tiptoes, go get a footstool..XD...
and pray she doesnt fall off..XD...

It's funny, I was always under the impression Mao was taller then Sousuke but it turns out he's much taller then her...
how masculine...^.^...

Last edited by selilychidori; 2010-08-28 at 11:29.
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 11:46   Link #5673
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
Officially 179cm..maybe he hit 180cm...he's what, 18 now?

I think their height is perfect for one another...

It's funny, I was always under the impression Mao was taller then Sousuke but it turns out he's much taller then her...
how masculine...^.^...
Woot, thks for the pic !
And yeah, pretty sure he hit the 180 by now. Which is quite tall indeed. And yep, he should be 18 now, so we can assume it's his 'adult' size.
Ditto on the Mao-taller-than-Sousuke impression, I would have put her somewhere around 175/177cm, but 170 only? Whoa. BTW, I love her expression on that pic ;D
lol@ Kanlinin, so tall ! ;D
Old 2010-08-28, 12:39   Link #5674
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Well, acording to this site: http://students.uat.edu/ryagruve/ he is not that tall, but then again, that is in season 1, perhaps he has grown since then. And seeing they made him taller than Kalinin... they might not be entirely accurate about these stuff.

Later edit: Still, so say all the sites i've seen, this one being my favourite: http://www.jindai-high.com/characters/ ... had to look for it for a while, didn't remembered the adress, but the "classified Mithril inteligence data sheets" are excellent . Unfortunately they only have them for the main characters, the really main characters, if I may say so. No such stuff on Kalinin, Mardukas, Gauron, Leonard, etc...

Last edited by dasvik; 2010-08-28 at 13:03.
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 13:30   Link #5675
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
Later edit: Still, so say all the sites i've seen, this one being my favourite: http://www.jindai-high.com/characters/
Sousuke's aliases are just *precious*
ALIASES
- Sousky Seagal (temporarily), Sergeant Psycho, Isegar Sousuke, Sergeant Serious, Sergeant Gloomy, Sergeant Somber, War Nut
- Master Sergeant Taylor, Private Smith, Kashim, Bakasuke

HAHAHAHAHA, thank you so much !
Old 2010-08-28, 18:23   Link #5676
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuriLurker View Post
Sousuke's aliases are just *precious*
ALIASES
- Sousky Seagal (temporarily), Sergeant Psycho, Isegar Sousuke, Sergeant Serious, Sergeant Gloomy, Sergeant Somber, War Nut
- Master Sergeant Taylor, Private Smith, Kashim, Bakasuke

HAHAHAHAHA, thank you so much !
they forgot a few i saw in mangas..
(IKINARI)

Baka-uske! (chidori lol)
Souspup! (narrator: comic manga)(the puppy Sousuke XD)
Soysauce (tessa lol comic manga, what she named the sous-pup after capturing him)

Ahh I love Ikinari XD..i wish for mroe! The manga had it's own version of TSR...
Instead of Sousuke saddly leaving Chidori behind to wraith like in TSR, he retaliates by taking over jindai High under hostage by Bontakuns refusing to follow orders..rofl....
Kurtz had to come and attack with...mithiril editions of bontakun in...brown XD..

gotta love FUMOFFU Ikinari ^-^
Old 2010-08-29, 00:34   Link #5677
meeiwen
Circus Freak

hey, Kaname has a father, right? (saw it on her profile ^^) did he make any appearances in the latest novels? like maybe getting involve on how to get her daughter back? or did he even know she was kidnapped??
Old 2010-08-29, 00:35   Link #5678
FeistyDreams

My copies of the books came in and were waiting for me when I returned from vacation~! It's a good homecoming ^_^

I'll have scans during the week.

I tore through the book today, mostly just through some specific scenes, since I need to cradle my kanji dictionary to get through most of the vocabulary. It is AMAZING. I cried. I laughed. I cried. I laughed. I am very satisfied.

Just sayin'. ^_________^
Old 2010-08-29, 05:33   Link #5679
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Well... welcome back Feisty, hope you enjoyed your vacantion... NOW GIVE US FMP SCANS AND TRANSLATIONS!!!! :P
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 05:37   Link #5680
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
It is AMAZING. I cried. I laughed. I cried. I laughed. I am very satisfied.

Just sayin'. ^_________^

nuuuurrrrh... I should receive mine tomorrow... I can't waiiiiiiiiiiiiit....
I'm so glad everyone seems to love the ending. I mean, it's great ! Go Gatoh, Go!

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen